The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Feb 2 - Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-10, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Feb 2 - Episode 5"
All I saw:

Michael won immunity. John went home. I haven't watched yet. We were out, and I couldn't stay up to watch.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 jbug 02-03-10 1
   RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 Cyndimaus 02-03-10 2
   RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 mtopaz 02-03-10 3
   RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 nap_time 02-03-10 5
   RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 samboohoo 02-03-10 6
       RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 jbug 02-04-10 8
 RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 taffnic 02-03-10 4
 RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 cipher5150 02-03-10 7
   RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 jbug 02-04-10 9
       RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 samboohoo 02-04-10 10
   RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 nap_time 02-04-10 11
       RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5 Cyndimaus 02-04-10 12
 Miggy newsomewayne 02-09-10 13
   RE: Miggy jbug 02-09-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-10, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
Boo, I hope your timer got it all.
I wasn't aware that they were going for a re-run hour this week. Then a full 2 hours of a new week after that. Guess I missed that announcement

The first hr was an odd repeat from last week (not exactly as we saw it last week, was it?) - it appeared to have started with Bob taking the group to Subway; then out to climb the mountain & Jillian making them carry rocks - all as their last minute workout. Then the weigh in - and all the drama with green and red teams again.

Miggy was taken to the hospital with stomach pains (while everyone else in the house slept - not one of them appeared to know where she was when they all got up - guess hard work makes for deep sound sleep).
Yellow & Blue return for their weigh in - they get a last minute work out with B & J that almost kills them .
Yellow wins the come back - the dad lost 51 lbs at home! (I loved the one shot of him working out - he looked like he was "in the zone" )
As the come back team, yellow also will be the only vote at elimination.

Superbowl week - so one member of each team has to hit a big pad 1000 times. Winner gets immunity. Last team to finish gets 2 lbs disadvantage.
Michael (he was in his zone too) wins immunity with grey (Sam) right behind him; and red (Lance) third. Pink (mom was playing) loses.
Miggy is not back for this challenge.

Miggy returns; she had appendectomy surgery! She will only be able to walk - no stress that causes any jiggling. So she walks and walks and walks. As much as we saw of Miggy's tough ole gal attitude, we saw a different bit of her - she cried because Migdalia was gone; she looked very much alone and sad (Michael seemed to have an attachment to her and at least welcomed her back with a hug & walked with her). I was actually pulling for her to get to stay! With the surgery she had lots of salt water added to her body so she has to overcome all that too!

Product plug: Yogurt/fruit drink mix - just add milk.

Weigh-in:
Good thing yellow had immunity - each lost only 5 lbs.
Even tho he had immunity Michael lost 13 lbs!

We get to see pink survive when red loses 4 lbs & 5 lbs (I think). This even after Bob worked her butt off (not literally I guess).
Miggy loses enough to keep her safe! Now how does she lose a good number as limited as she is and Lance & what's-her-name don't? I was hoping red wife would get sent home - & Miggy could feel a bit of revenge for having beat her (see how I can be? )

But alas, poor John just can't cut it and is below the yellow. No need for an elimination vote. John goes home to work out with James. & I am so glad that he shaved! that beard was looking terrible!

Okay, that's it in a nut shell.

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
Go Miggy! I was so proud of her for coming back to the house after surgery and doing so much! I was so glad she lost enough to stay. It was good to see her cry and show more emotion than anger.

Still waiting to see what red does. It seemed there is a change in red lady's attitude but I guess we'll see. I hate the snarky attitude that comes with game play in some people (as in Vicky). No need to be rude and such while you're playing the game.

Yeah for Michael! I was excited he won immunity and then still lost a bunch of weight!

I hope yellow does well on campus and learns more to help them at home, although it seems they did pretty well on their own.

I hated the show being pushed back by an hour. I had a hard time staying awake during the weigh-in and elimination! (no dvr) So why did it air an hour later? Anyone know?

sig courtesy of Cygnus

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-03-10, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
Great recap June Bug - thank you

thankfully I do have a DVR, so I recorded the last hour of the show and watched it later, fast forwarding through the product placement stuff and commercials. It's so nice!

Agree, Miggy was a much more sympathetic person in this episode. She cried like her heart was breaking when Migdalia was gone the first night. When I learned she was the one rushed to the hospital, I also wondered if she had just given up and was searching for an excuse to leave the show. She is definitely a fighter and I was in awe of her coming back the day after surgery and walking what, 15 miles? more? She earned her spot this week and I too was glad to see that she has a friend in Michael, so hopefully she doesn't feel so alone.

Are some of these guys hitting a wall? Lance, the one grey team guy, John -- all with pretty low numbers. I do think the guy on the grey team really does try to give it his all, so I hope he was just having an off week.

John did look good at home. I was glad to see he's continued to lose weight (looks like he has lost more than his twin), and has such a positive attitude. He found something he loves to do. He's still a big guy, but I hope he gets down into the 200's and if nothing else, maintains that weight loss.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of hearing the sob stories of why people gained weight. A little background is fine, but Jillian's counseling sessions are too much for me. While I agree that it's important to get to the root of what might be causing our self-destructive behavior, it often seems too personal for me to be watching and listening in.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-10, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
Good recap JuneBug! I was bummed to find out that we had a replay of last week's drama for the first hour. Why was that needed?? They could have at least shown some different footage from previous weeks.

I was glad to see that both blue and yellow teams did so well on their own. I thought it was pretty cool that the yellow team dad said he wished he could give his spot to the blue team daughter....that would have been an interesting twist.

Well, I was wrong on both counts last week! It wasn't a "him" that went to the hospital, I even went back and listened to the preview again after we found out it was Miggy that went to the hospital...still thought he said "he".

I was sad to see John go. I liked him a lot. Hopefully he and his brother can kick it into gear and motivate each other to loss more.

Purple team girl, Stephiane, has become my favorite. I really love her attitude and how she encourages all the players. The scene between her, Sunshine, and orange mom was really good.

Melissa, red team, is one I really don't like. When they were moving down the list last night at the weigh in, I was thinking...YES she is gone. Then I had to remind myself we knew that it was one of the lone players.

Miggy really impressed me last night. 13 miles after a surgery. WOW...and she lost 5 lbs...plus all the water weight from the surgery. That was great. I hope that she opens up more to the other players.

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

02-03-10, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
I noticed the odd timing on the Guide. My "Info" had the first hour listed as some sort of weight-lifting contest, so I recorded both. I am irritated because moving the regular show to 9-11 meant that that would be recording on NBC while The Good Wife recorded on CBS. I will just watch The Good Wife tonight on the computer while I work on a project.

02-04-10, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
living in the Central Time zone has it's advantages

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-10, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
Miggy is one tough woman. The first day post-op she walks 13 miles, the second day 16 miles, then 14 miles the third day. I don't think I know anyone who would do that. I'm glad she lost enough to stay.
I too was hoping the red woman would stay below the yellow line, shucks.

courtesy of Cap'n2patch

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-10, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
So many thoughts on this episode…for the first time this season I actually liked Miggy. I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically a few years ago and I don’t think I could have done what she did. Although I think the recovery from appendix removal might be a little easier than the gallbladder (just based on their locations in the abdomen), for the first couple days after my surgery I had to walk with my arms clutching my abdomen as it felt like my guts were falling out. So I give her mad props for being able to walk 13 miles the day after her surgery.

As to Jbug’s question about how could she lose weight when she was pumped full of saline and her exercise was restricted…when I had my surgery I immediately lost about 5 pounds and I wasn’t exercising (heck, I was barely moving if I could help it) and only had to fast for about 24 hours. I assume it must be due to the body going into extreme overdrive to heal itself.

And I agree with Topaz, I am so tired of Jillian always trying to get people to purge themselves of some secret that MUST be the reason why they are fat. I’m fat! And I’m not fat because I was abused as a child, or saw someone die, or wasn’t loved by my parents. I’m fat because I like food and I’m lazy!!! It is really that simple. When Pink girl reluctantly told her story about watching her father die I really felt like she was just saying it to get Jillian to shut up and leave her alone. People can have a bad day in the gym – it doesn’t mean they have some emotional roadblock they need to get over.

Oh and contrary to Bob’s little talk to the Red team woman about how she gained his respect back (and implying that he believed she didn’t throw the two weigh-ins), he was on the Jay Leno show last week and he made it quite clear that he believed she threw the weight-ins.

I really liked both the yellow and blue teams and wished they had both been there from the beginning. I hope that the producers don’t pull this stunt again.

Fooner cracked my code

02-04-10, 09:39 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
I didn't hear them say that her surgery was laproscopic (sp?) but figured it must have been. My appendectomy scar is 3" long (but that was from 48 yrs ago ) I can't remember but I don't think even now anyone would be walking that far after a regular surgery.
That brings up the other pain..... from the gas they use to expand the abdomen for laproscopic surgery (had a procedure last summer and the pain from the left over gases just about killed me for a week!). Miggy is one strong woman to do what she did! Hopefully she had a nice hot tub to soak in every night

I too am tired of Jillian playing head doctor.

And Bob claimed he gained respect back for red wife; well, I lost some for him. He seemed to be placating (is that the word I want) her. So far Jillian continues to stick to her guns.

02-04-10, 10:07 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
I thought I heard Dr. H make a reference to laser or laproscopic surgery, but I was skipping through stuff.

I didn't watch the Bob/Melissa segment because Melissa just makes me want to puke. I too really wanted them to fall below.

Agree about Dr. Jillian. I think we've discussed that before. I could give her 100 emotional issues from my life, none of which caused me to gain weight.

Too many calories in and not enough out is what led me to gain weight. Well, and pregnancy. Sometimes I want to scream the whole "science" argument back at her.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
I have to agree with you on the Dr. Jillian getting to the root of the problem... I know that there are some people that have issues and gain weight as a result. (my dh is one of those!) BUT...I am overweight and had a very happy childhood, was loved and supported throughout everything good and bad that happened. What is my underlying issue.... My mom and grandma, and aunt (wink) are AWESOME cooks!! EVERYTHING they make is so delicious! I can be sitting at the table knowing I am full...and I have to take one more bite because it was soo good. SOO..now I know that I have to exercise more to burn off all those wonderful calories!

I think it is for ratings and drama...I do think Jillian has helped contestants in the past, but I also think she pushes some too far to "find" something that was never there.

I couldn't believe that Bob "made up" with the red team! Give me a break! He needs to get some guts and tell them like it really is.. LIKE JILLIAN! There was a bonus clip on NBC.com that shows Melissa going to Jillian to "make peace". Jillian said she would work with them, and give them everything she had...but she still believed that Melissa had thrown the weigh in. Melissa tried to argue again! But Jillian just left it as is. If she doesn't change her attitude, I don't think she will make it far... (I hope anyway!)

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-10, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Feb 2 - Episode 5"
I guess we'll see if red was doing game play as the game progresses. How could she resist game play if they get immunity again? I can't believe she would all of a sudden stop with game play and be all about weight loss. If you watch her expressions you just know she's still a playin'.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-10, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Miggy"
I know this is opposite of what many of you've said above, but her "change" was too little, too late for me. She almost broke my TV stand the last few weeks from the weight of that huge chip on her shoulder, and one cry fest hasn't erased that memory from me.

~or is the Mom Migdalia? I can never remember~

02-09-10, 09:47 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Miggy"
I understand your point Wayne....
but so many of us are ready to see red wife go that we're willing to forgive Miggy a bit
Miggy is the lesser of the 2 evils

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •