The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
Washington DC.
Interesting trip.
Seems like in past seasons Bob & Jillian didn't go on their special trips with them. Course this being a political statement, everyone needed to be there.
And no temptations on this trip? Bob & Jillian were there to keep hands off the liquor and no no foods during happy hour.

Fun quick challenge of getting as many peeps as possible to come to a work-out rally. Wonder why they didn't tell us the number Liz brought to win? I thought by the pics while they were working out that there were lots there; but then they all went to Subway together; must have been a lot bigger Subway in DC than we have around here . Most of ours have seating for maybe 16-20 people and not much more space. Course they could have been lined up outside.

Loved the 4 stage challenge. Liz made the right choice of which part to sit out.
Part 1: Run a mile. First 6 to cross the line move on to the next round. Liz made it as the 6th person. Danny, Tracey & Shay lost out.
Part 2: Go down about 10 steps (?) grab handfuls of pennies and carry them back to the top filling a cylinder to a specific line. First 3 to finish go on to next round with Liz (she chose this round sit it out). Rudy has huge hands and finishes first (see, they should have given them cups to carry the pennies in to make it fair). Daniel finishes; then it's neck & neck between Allen & Rebecca - Amanda dragging behind. Rebecca finishes first.
Part3: Balance on a small (3" wide? by 20" ? long) block holding a large ball above the head. Last 2 standing move on to the final. (I can tell you that strong ankles are needed for this! PT had be balancing to strengthen my ankle and it's hard! - course I was standing and balancing on one foot). Liz off first, then Daniel.
Part 4: Rebecca & Rudy. Step up - 206 - the number of contestants who have competed on TBL to date. They start off even but Rebecca quickly pulls ahead. Beats Rudy out by about 30 steps or more. Rebecca wins immunity at the weigh in.

Weigh in happens in front of the Lincoln Memorial. Rebecca loses only 4 pounds I think.

Tracey & Liz fall below the line. I bet Liz was thinking about how she once had a chance to get rid of Tracey and didn't and now wouldn't it be terrible if she were voted off instead of Tracey.
But in the end, the game decisions Tracey made earlier came back to bit her in her butt. (We knew this was gonna happen cause Jillian focused on Tracey's game play during work outs).

Bye Bye Tracey.

Agman 2009

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 nap_time 11-04-09 1
   RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 2curious 11-04-09 2
       RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 jbug 11-04-09 3
           RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 newsomewayne 11-04-09 4
               RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 jbug 11-04-09 5
                   RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 MKitty 11-04-09 6
       RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 realitycoholic 11-05-09 10
 So who's your favorite at this poin... nap_time 11-04-09 7
   RE: So who's your favorite at this ... jbug 11-05-09 8
       RE: So who's your favorite at this ... nap_time 11-05-09 9
       Make overs! nap_time 11-10-09 13
 RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 featherfish81 11-05-09 11
   RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 nap_time 11-09-09 12
   RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09 newsomewayne 11-10-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
I was so excited for this episode... my family was actually in DC when they filmed it! However, it wasn't until we were on our way home that we found out BL had been there! I was so sad. I would have freaked out if one of the contestants had come up to me and asked me to participate! Of course, my husband would have died...literally. He already thought we were on a death march! LOL

I am glad they are singles again. I really think this is how it should be the whole time. Do you team stuff, or couples stuff...but when it comes to the weight loss and who goes below the yellow line, it should be individuals!

I was surprised that Liz had the most people in the challenge. I figured since people knew Daniel..that he would have been a shoe in for the contest. I am glad Liz won though and thought she was smart about using her pass when she did.

My sister and I almost fell in the floor laughing when Jillian was fussing at the Tangerine woman! (I kept saying, That could have been me...oh man!) LOL

I was so proud to see Rebecca win the challenge. She really "step" it up. And to see her self image improve right there before us. Some might think she was being cocky.. but I think she was truely impressed and suprised at what she had accomplished. She is my #2 favorite right now.

My sister and I also got a kick out of the "special attention" that Bob was ready to give Amanda...there were several comments going back and forth over that one. Would love to know if there is more to that relationship than is shown. Of course, I thought there was something going on with him and Nicole a few seasons back but nothing was ever said.

It was neat that they got to fix dinner in the White House kitchen, but I was disappointed that show didn't show more of the actual house. Guess we have to stay focused on the matters at hand..

For the weigh in.. I couldn't believe the great numbers last night. Usually after travel and a change of setting and routines, the numbers are pretty bad..but everyone did well.
Well.. almost everyone. Daniel seems to figure out his problem and pulled double digits! Danny, who is my #1 favorite, also pulled double digits again! I know his wife must be busting with pride! The extra attention Amanda got from Bob seemed to pay off as well. Although, I am a little tired of her drama.

When it came down to who would be below the yellow line, I was all excited that Tracey was going further down with each person's weigh in... but then Liz...WHAT DID YOU DO?? I was sure that everyone would still vote for Tracey, but then during their speech, I got nervous cause Shay made the comment that Liz hadn't fought for it. (whatever!) And worried that others might start playing the game and looking to the biggest threat. But when it came down to it, karma was faithful and took a big bite out of Tracey's butt!! Thank you!!

I usually look forward to the "where they are now" part of the show, but was ready to turn the tv off after the vote. Blah, Blah, Blah..how many times did we need to see the scene of Tracey falling out at the beach??

I know I have written a short novel today, but really enjoyed this episode! I am looking forward to the rest of the show without Tracey!

I got a text message after I had turned in that she was on the Leno show... anyone know what happened there?

Have a great day!!!

~nap_time~

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

2curious 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-04-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2curious Click to send private message to 2curious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
I adore Bob and think he's very attractive but I'm pretty sure he's batting for the other team.

11-04-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"

Are you serious?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-09, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
I'm pretty sure that is correct. I think I learned that here or in a link from here.

surfkitten siggie and board shop 2007

11-04-09, 03:48 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
Don't be messing with me Wayne......

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-09, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
You really didn't know that Bob is gay and Jillian is a lesbian? I thought everyone knew that...

Spooked by Agman

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-09, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
Um, yes, he's definitely not interested in women in that way, IYKWIM! Know people who've met his significant other... Same with Jillian.

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

11-04-09, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "So who's your favorite at this point?"
Of those contestants left...who would you like to see in the top three?

My top three favorites are:
1) Danny
2) Rebecca
3) Rudy

I would like to see Liz in the top 3...cause as a southern lady she tickles me....but I don't see her getting that much more weight off.

Can't wait to see what y'all think.

~nap_time~

11-05-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
8. "RE: So who's your favorite at this point?"
I'll agree with your 3.

BTW, isn't it about time for makeovers?
Danny, Rebecca, Rudy, Liz, Shay, Daniel, Amanda
Is 7 too many?

11-05-09, 11:56 AM (EST)
9. "RE: So who's your favorite at this point?"
I think it usually happens around week 13 or so... not sure. It would be a good time for it!

~nap_time~

11-10-09, 02:42 PM (EST)
13. "Make overs!"

JBUG~ just found this on the tv guide site:

Season 8, Episode 10
Episode Synopsis: The six remaining players receive makeovers with the aid of Tim Gunn and hairstylist Tabatha Coffey. After giving speeches about their weight loss at an event for TV GUIDE magazine, the contestants reveal their new looks to family and friends. Later, the players compete for a two-week trip to a fitness resort in Utah. Original Air Date: Nov 17, 2009

~nap_time~

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-05-09, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
They didn't state this explicitly, but I'm assuming that there was a requirement that they could only use their hands to carry the pennies? Because my first thought was to put them in your shirt.

11-09-09, 11:18 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
I wondered that myself.
~nap_time~

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season 8: Episode 8 11/03/09"
Mine too. If I had been one of the guys in the race, I'd have ripped off my shirt and just loaded it up.

surfkitten siggie and board shop 2007

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •