The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Feb 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-08, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Feb 12"
Is it the writer's strike or what? Have you ever seen 30 minutes of television stretched out over two hours like that before? Appreciate the psychotherapy bit but had absolutely NO interest in watching any of it. Call me insensitive, but I really felt like a voyeur and had to press the FF through that whole segment.

<sigh> My fave person is gone. Was he a hero or a chump? Only time will tell. Sure hope he does well.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Feb 12 Ahtumbreez 02-13-08 1
   RE: Feb 12 trigirl 02-13-08 5
 RE: Feb 12 Estee 02-13-08 2
   RE: Feb 12 brvnkrz 02-13-08 3
       RE: Feb 12 Ahtumbreez 02-13-08 6
           Trent's knee udg 02-17-08 17
 RE: Feb 12 samboohoo 02-13-08 4
   RE: Feb 12 Ahtumbreez 02-13-08 7
 RE: Feb 12 Cyndimaus 02-13-08 8
   RE: Feb 12 brvnkrz 02-13-08 9
   RE: Feb 12 Ahtumbreez 02-13-08 10
       RE: Feb 12 MKitty 02-13-08 11
           RE: Feb 12 mtopaz 02-13-08 12
           RE: Feb 12 jbug 02-13-08 13
               RE: Feb 12 Cyndimaus 02-14-08 14
                   RE: Feb 12 whatever2001 02-15-08 16
               RE: Feb 12 whatever2001 02-15-08 15
 psychotherapy and Bob micspics 02-18-08 18
   RE: psychotherapy and Bob Asrai 02-19-08 19
   RE: psychotherapy and Bob Cyndimaus 02-19-08 20
 RE: Feb 12 YankeeDixieDoodle 02-23-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-08, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Feb 12"
I liked Jillian's mom when she got pissed off at Paul's dad way more than when she was doing the whole shrink speak.

I was shocked the blue team lost again, and only by one point. But more shocking was the way Bob reacted. What a baby. And here I was all night thinking Bob was going to be pissed at Dan. Here was my senario: Black team wins challenge, gives immunity to Dan, Dan waters up, blue team loses again, Bob throws fit and walks out. I was way off.

Which brings me to another shocked moment for me, when the black team didn't give Dan the immunity. I guess they were looking down the road to winning, and Dan's been doing so well.

Agman took me to the islands

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Feb 12"
Here was my senario: Black team wins challenge, gives immunity to Dan, Dan waters up, blue team loses again, Bob throws fit and walks out. I was way off.

Well then we are both way off, because that is TOTALLY what I thought was going to happen.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Feb 12"
Who went out? I switched off during the second hour to take my early dose of pain in the hamster cage.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Feb 12"
Sadly, Trent left. He seemed to be the only one who is actually here for the right reasons. He volunteered to go home because for him it wasn't about the money and he has finally grasped how to make a life change. I hope he succeeds.
As much as I love Jillian, I have to agree with Bob that she shouldn't force therapy on people. Yes, they probably need it but it shouldn't be forced.
And could Bob have been more of a baby? I am hoping he did it as a motivator or something. Otherwise, just a big baby.

An Arkie original.

02-13-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Feb 12"
Trent also said he really needs to get his knee worked on. I'm not sure what's wrong with the knee but I hope him leaving was the best thing.

And there sending everyone home next week and according to Jillian the following weigh-in is "tragic".

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-17-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Trent's knee"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-08 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

I think they said in an earlier episode that he has a torn meniscus.

ETA: Yes, and so does Paul.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Feb 12"
I was pissed because we actually caught up to the Tivo from all the FF'g.

I think Trent has done well at home - looked like he had lost an additional 25. He may have had to rest his knee.

Brittany and Bernie are annoying me. Maggie annoys me. Paul and Kelly are working hard, and I know one of them will end up getting screwed because of the sub-alliance. I still feel like instead of giving immunity to the highest loser, they should put the two lowest losers up.

What is going on with Jay? That is 3 weeks in a row with low, low numbers. 5, 5, 4? Mark has grown on me. Right now I'm pulling for Roger!!

I assume next week's home visit will just be short-lived. A visit.

Not sure what to say about Bob, I missed part of his conversation at the end.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

02-13-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Feb 12"
Mark's grown on me also. Especially when he basically offered to take Trent's spot in leaving, for the team.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Feb 12"
Yes, an interesting episode. I could have done without the physcotherapy bit too. We wouldn't of had that if the episode was only an hour long. (stretched out this whole season because of the writers strike is my guess)

I was bummed that Trent wanted to leave but I respect his decision. He really did need to get his knee taken care of and you could tell he had learned enough to be successful at home. Selfishly, though, I wanted him to stay since he was my favorite.

I got way tired of Dan's "poor me" attitude. Yeah, he's bummed his mom is gone but it was due to game play, which he and his mom had recently employed. So he needed to get over it way faster than he did. I was glad, though, that he decided to stop pouting and move on with the game even if his feelings didn't completely match what he was saying.

Like you guys, I expected the whole "Bob walking out" thing to be over a more dramatic thing. I think his whole attitude towards his blue team has been wrong. I don't know why he thought the big guys would automatically win. Did he forget about Kae already? She was on his team and was one of the smallest players but she consistently lost weight and did super well. Plus, I think the blue team has been rather cocky. Good to see them knocked down a notch. It didn't seem like they were working less hard than black but they assumed they'd win.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Feb 12"
I also didn't care for Bob telling him team that NOW is the time to start gameplay. I think that Bob has gotten more into "the game" this year rather than being there to help contestants change their life. I think he is interested in both but I feel like gameplay is his biggest motivator this year. That's too bad.

An Arkie original.

02-13-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Feb 12"
See, I thought Dan showed alot of maturity with the way he handled things. And I think there was alot of editing that made it seem like he was the one continuing to be emotional about the kick off.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Feb 12"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-08 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-13-08 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

Yeah, I agree. I thought Dan was amazing to talk to the older guys and be upfront with them. I think he really displayed maturity and knew that he had to stop whining and just get on with things.

I think Trent is amazing. I am glad he asked to go home to take care of his knee and see his baby. He was a great guy. I like Roger too..he seems like a good guy.

Yes, this season, Bob is also confusing me too. I agree that he seems WAY into the game play this season and a lot more cocky and arrogant.Walking out on his team because they lost??? That doesn't seem like something "old Bob" would have done...heck..he even supported Neil when everyone hated him last year! It is so confusing why he has turned (or being edited)to being so arrogant?

I also worry about the Maggie/Bernie/Brittany alliance over Paul and Tracey. Paul is working his butt off...he really wants to stay.

And..I too felt highly uncomfortable to see the black team spill their innermost secrets on international television. If I was on the black team...i would have definately not allowed my segment to be shown...as I am way, way too private for that. I found the whole thing quite cringe-worthy and felt bad for the participants to have it aired. It may have been useful and I am not saying it wasn't...but did we really need to see it? Maybe they wanted us to see that so we (the public) could understand that weight issues often go much deeper than merely an "eating" issue..and I understand that..but it was still hard to watch.

Sig from my roomie: Agman

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-13-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Feb 12"
I agree. Whatever his motives for doing so, I thought Dan made a wise decision to put aside his anger at the blue team, come to them as a group and say, "yes I was upset but now I want to move on and for us to work together as a team." His continuing high numbers prove that he can do it without his mom being there as a main support.

I'm going to miss Trent. He is just the sweetest guy, and you could tell that the rest of his team were broken up over voting him off. If he wanted to stay, I'm sure it would have been Dan on the chopping block instead. I hope Trent continues with his healthy changes, and I think he will, because he is highly motivated to do so, so he can be around a long time for his wife and son. (How cute is his little boy! So darling)

I was surprised that Bob walked out immediately at the end of the weigh in. But maybe he's angry with himself, not with his team. Most of the team did put up very decent numbers, they are clearly working hard and are very focused. So what's missing? Are they really stuck in the "big dumb jock" mentality as Maggie feels? Maybe if they felt like underdogs, that would push them back over the top again.

The whole therapy thing -- I wish they hadn't shown any of it. I agree with those that said it made them feel like voyeurs. Obviously, for the three they showed, they agreed to have that footage played. Patient-doctor privilege must have been waived. But I don't like being privvy to other's deepest, darkest secrets, all in the name of a reality show. As to Paul, I hope when his time on the show is done, he gets some intense therapy for his past abuse.

I think everyone there is working hard. But it's going to be interesting to see how they do at home, for what I guess will be a short visit. Who will binge? Who will still show decent weight loss numbers?

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Feb 12"
that weight issues often go much deeper than merely an "eating" issue.

Did anyone else feel an implication that everyone's weight problems have some big emotional far-reaching cause?
Everyone who has had divorced parents didn't gain weight.
Everyone who was abused as a child didn't gain weight.
Sure, those things may have contributed to these peoples problem, but I don't know that everyone can blame being overweight on something that has happened in the past.

02-14-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Feb 12"
Just like not everyone's weight problem is due to overeating. With my hubby it's mostly lack of exercise and eating the wrong things at the wrong time. (or only one meal or having dinner late at night or skipping breakfast, etc.)

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

whatever2001 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whatever2001 Click to send private message to whatever2001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Feb 12"
"Just like not everyone's weight problem is due to overeating."

Good point. You are absolutely right.

whatever2001 6 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-08, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whatever2001 Click to send private message to whatever2001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Feb 12"
"Sure, those things may have contributed to these peoples problem, but I don't know that everyone can blame being overweight on something that has happened in the past."

I agree. Brittany's excuse seemed a bit lame to me. I mean lots of people have gone through a parents divorce, but to use that as the only reason for gaining weight seems pretty weak, and a credible therapist would have picked up on that. Maybe this was not about the contestants at all, but a marketing ploy cooked up between Jill and her mom to drum up more business for her practice. Just a thought.

micspics 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-08, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail micspics Click to send private message to micspics Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "psychotherapy and Bob"
I know Jillian concentrates on the emotional reasons behind people gaining weight, and yes, that is an issue. But dedicating that much time to it was uncomfortable. I turned it off, and came here to find out what happened! Bet that wasn't good for ratings. Yes, I know reality tv is about being a voyeur but there are other things I'd rather be peeping in on.
I wonder if the editing on Bob this year is because he's planning on leaving. Even in Biggest Loser Australia that Bob and Jillian trained, he never got a bad edit, and for the first time I really can honestly say I don't like him.
So, I got wondering, why? Why are the producers showing this side of him? I'm sure he's had days/moments/etc. of being an ugly trainer, but this year just seems quite mean.
Is he planning on this being his last year and the producers are getting back at him? Hmmmm...

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: psychotherapy and Bob"
I'm not sure of the reason why he's being edited to look like a punk a$$, but my GF HATES him now. Every time he's on camera, she grits her teeth and verbally shares her dislike of him.

I'm guessing Happy Bob can't always be the one dimensional happy guy. What I mean is that I'm sure the guy has every emotion we all have, but in the past he's been the good to Jillian's bad. Instead of us seeing lots of changes and multi-layers, we seem to be getting the ugly only!! As much as I don't really like the new direction in editing or Bob's true erratic feelings, he's human. I think they're either doing it for ratings, discussion, or a build up to some great moment later in the season. If we all gather to wonder about his new persona, the message boards/blogs get more traffic. Who knows really?!!

Welcome aboard, MicsPics! It's great to see new faces here!

Summer Siggies by Sharnina

02-19-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
20. "RE: psychotherapy and Bob"
I certainly hope the "bad" Bob doesn't mean he's leaving. BL just wouldn't be the same without him!

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-23-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Feb 12"
Stretching 30 minutes into two booooooring hours is nothing new. Last year, every BL show was stretched out waaaaaay too long. Almost the entire second hour, even with only five contestants left, was taken up by the weigh-in, elimination, and the interim between the two events. Always split up by those ubiquitous commercials. That's why I haven't been watching the Couples series. Tired of all the loooooong, draaaaaawn out draaaaaama.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •