The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
I think I am in the minority in that I cannot stand Susan. She grates on my nerves more than any other character. Last night's ep was the icing on my cake to see her get dumped in the way that she did. LOVED IT. She is the one who really needs the counseling on how to quit making herself the "victim."

I loved the Gabby storyline last night and the way she took control of that lawyer. I would love to see him still try and pursue her once Carlos gets out -- that should be fun to watch. Still wondering when she is going to "show" her pregnancy, though. It's getting a little far fetched. She either needs to miscarry or start showing the signs.

I skeeved with the Bree & George storyline last night. I don't see how she could go from someone like Rex to a little sneaky pissant like George. I was hoping the hotel concierge was going to call the police to break into the room and that Bree would find out that George slipped her something and the suspicion about Rex's poisoning would come back into play. How could she have pity sex with him? Just not right.

Lynette's small arc was amusing. I'm with her that the suit makes the business woman. I'm waiting to see the "shark" in her really come out and dominate that boss of hers.

Well, I'm especially looking forward to next week when the focus (hopefully) is going to FINALLY be on our new neighbors. It's getting ridiculous that it's taking so long to really get into their storyline.

Overall, I am disappointed with this season. I didn't want to judge so quickly, because last season was such an act to follow, but IMO the ball is really being dropped here.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... volsfan 11-07-05 1
   RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... frisky 11-07-05 2
 RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... frisky 11-07-05 3
   RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... CattyChat 11-07-05 4
       RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... frisky 11-07-05 5
 RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... pumpkinqueen 11-11-05 6
 RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just D... Rhyn 11-12-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
Unless it involves the whole cast being stranded on an island with no cameras whatsoever. Forever.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I didn't enjoy the first episode but beyond that this season has been great. There were so many story lines that wrapped up last season and some had to be settled this season and then on top of that they have added a completely new set of plots. This all takes time to pan out.

I think I am in the minority in that I cannot stand Susan. She grates on my nerves more than any other character. Last night's ep was the icing on my cake to see her get dumped in the way that she did. LOVED IT. She is the one who really needs the counseling on how to quit making herself the "victim."

I totally agree with you here...put them together or keep the separated. This story line is getting old and I am over it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
I think they want the audience to be rooting for this couple. Unfortunately, neither actor is charismatic enough to get that response. Sure, Mike is a good looking guy, but charismatic? Nope. And Susan is attractive, but annoying.

The producers want Susan and Mike to be like Sam and Diane, Sam and Rebecca, Ross and Rachel, etc. But they just don't have that appeal.

11-07-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
Susan was grating as usual last night -- until the end. The scene where Mike confronts her about Zach and she runs out to the street was powerful and not the usual quirky sh!t she usually does. I was thinking to myself that after one and a quarter seasons, finally we get the feeling that Teri Hatcher is acting. Great scene. The rest of her, though, was annoying as usual.

Gabby's storyline is good, but the new lawyer has GOT to CAN the Charlie Sheen voice!! It drives me nuts!!

Edie is hilarious the way she goats Susan. It's like she knows I want her to do it. She's the voice of the audience. "Susan, what the hell are you smoking?" LMAO

So, does anyone think George did the deed with Bree while she was konked out? He started to remove his tie, and then they faded to black. I get the fricken hives, too, if creepy George as much as looked at me!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
I agree with you on all points, Frisky, especially about the final scene. I agree that that was the first time it seemed as though Teri Hatcher was acting and she wasn't being annoying and you could almost feel for her, if she didn't bring it all on herself.

I thought George was fully intending to do the deed & I think in that black soul of his, he actually did feel guilty & chickened out. I figure this, because her clothes were still on & didn't seemed to be mussed. I just don't buy that Bree would fall for the manipulation George used to get a pitty-you-know-what. I can't believe the writers had her sleep with him, GROSS!!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

11-07-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
I know!! I felt dirty FOR her!!

Yuck.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-11-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
She is the one who really needs the counseling on how to quit making herself the "victim."

i agree--she isn't even a sympathetic victim because she keeps doing the same things over, and over, and over. she is not a good liar, so maybe she should stop trying. hopefully Mike dumping her again will make her snap out of it--for a little while--please.

actually, it's a PhoenixMons

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-12-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finally, Susan Gets her "Just Desserts""
I think more people than you might think are over Susan and her slapstick. At least, on this forum, she gets a pretty rough lashing.

I disagree that Mike isn't charismatic, though. I don't like soppy, sappy men in romantic scenes. I like his nonchalance and find that more appealing than if he was a total ##### or a total sap. (So, admittedly, it might be bias, but he seems so natural, and yeah, charismatic to me.)

George freaks me out. But to say, "I don't see how she could go from someone like Rex to a little sneaky pissant like George," is to give far too much credit to Rex. He was ugly as sin to Bree. He was rather hateful to Andrew (You can't live with me, I want to do my own thing.) and he was a cheating guy with a creepy sex fetish. And anyone who would sleep -- willingly -- with Maisy Gibbons is just beyond redemption. I cannot wait for George to go away, in an embassing scandal, in handcuffs, in a straight-jacket... it matters not to me, just so he goes.

Paul Young made the show, in my opinion. It was brilliant to have so dark stuff and mystery again, and he was spot on in this episode. I loved his comment, "You all turned into Susan, I see."

I am eager for more Alfre. She's so brilliant, and I hate when the end of the episode comes and she hasn't made an appearance. I wonder what will happen to Caleb, since the actor has been fired. Will they kill him off? (I doubt that they will.) Or will they just hire a look-a-like? The man who played Carl in the first episode of the first season wasn't the man who plays him now...

I loved that Lynette had a work/family story arc begin last night, and am thrilled beyond belief that she's not festering with guilt over working now.

I also cannot wait for Carlos to get out of jail, and am rather tired of the set they have to use. I want him out last episode, actually. And as to Gabby not showing, in the first season half her scenes were of her running or working out. I am not surprised that someone so health concious and body concious isn't showing in her, what? second month? Since the beginning of this season, Paul has just come back, so it can't be that long. This season started the night Mike drove home from leaving Paul in the desert.

Anyway, seems like the season is getting back to what made the first so great, and for that I am thankful.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •