The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-05, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
Hey, did anybody watch besides me? I don't know why, but it wasn't my favorite episode. At least they had Bree, Susan, and Gabrielle get together one time. I miss that. It made everything in the show fit together better.

I really am not sure I like the creepy George story. I thought Bree was smarter than that. And I felt like she was choosing George over her son...I don't see a "Mother of the Year" award in her future.

I also miss Lynette's children causing chaos together. It doesn't make sense for their house to be so quiet all the time. They did have a brief shot of one of the other boys. And poor Mrs. Mulberry bit the dust...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion motormouth 10-17-05 1
 RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion volsfan 10-17-05 2
   RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion samboohoo 10-17-05 5
 RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion Rhyn 10-17-05 3
   RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion volsfan 10-17-05 4
       RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion Rhyn 10-17-05 9
           RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion Sahara 10-18-05 18
   Tom & Lynette samboohoo 10-17-05 6
       RE: Tom & Lynette Rhyn 10-17-05 8
   RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion Elaine0 10-17-05 10
       RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion jkokoj 10-17-05 12
       To clarify Rhyn 10-17-05 14
           RE: To clarify Majic Mitch 10-17-05 16
           RE: To clarify Elaine0 10-17-05 17
 RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion samboohoo 10-17-05 7
   Betty... and Edie Rhyn 10-17-05 11
   RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion volsfan 10-17-05 13
       RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion Rhyn 10-17-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-17-05, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
I miss all the women connecting, too. They all work so well together, and not so much independently, IMO.

I can't stand Bree's storyline. Can't hardly even look at George, he's so creepy.

A Nutzy creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-05, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
I liked it better than the season opener because I felt like the story lines of most all characters advanced a lot.

I don't see a "Mother of the Year" award in her future.

She wasn't going to get the award without this season's story line. I like that Andrew is playing a bigger role this season and I can't wait for Bree to find out that Andrew is messing around with other boys...she is going to flip out!

I also miss Lynette's children causing chaos together. It doesn't make sense for their house to be so quiet all the time.

I think this is on purpose as Lynette will think her husband is a better mom than her and will just put more pressure on her and her job.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
Doc: I thought Bree already knew about Andrew. Didn't this come out last season when he went to Brat Camp?

Nutzy skeered me

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
At least they had Bree, Susan, and Gabrielle get together one time. I miss that. It made everything in the show fit together better.

No doubt. I will echo that sentiment, too.

I love Bree's story line because I know what's coming, and it's hysterically funny. And she did try to put things with George on hold, for Andrew's sake, but George showed up at the meet just to mess with Andrew enough to make him do something "really over the top" (or whatever Bree's 'condition' for institutionalization was). Geroge is a criminal manipulator, so you can't fault Bree for picking George over Andrew. She didn't. She even said so, explicitly.

I am tired of Lynette's story line. Either work (and know that you are providing for your children) or stay home with them. I can't wait for her to evolve a little. Maybe she and Tom should start their own small, work-from-home firm. If she is really as good as everyone has claimed since day one, then they could spin it so it's a profitable, successful business that allows them to maintain their lifestyle.

I love Gabrielle's scenes from last night. It was funny, but without the other women, it's just not enough.

The Zach thing was pretty good, too, and I love that Susan screwed up so royally and sent him away. I want more mystery, though, more poker games, more Edie and Susan. Their one scene last night was a good one.

All in all, I am a little disappointed in this season. :/

10-17-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
I am over Susan PERIOD! One episode she is in lvoe and the next episode she just can't move in him...I wish she would make up her damn mind.

10-17-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
Yeah. She doesn't seem to do anything "in character." She doesn't seem to have any set motivations or behaviors, and you can't really point to anything she might do and say, "That's so her" or "She would never do that."

Makes for one big mess of a character.

She has strength of will when it comes to Gabrielle's infidelity, yet is completely naive when it comes to Mike. She is sometimes a good listener and friend to her daughter, and at other times, she's so far off the mark in her parenting, it's scary. She just isn't very cohesive, and she's so overly emotional about every little thing in her life. It's rather... well, messy is the best I can come up with.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-18-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
The only predictable thing about Susan is that she is unpredictable and that somehow, she will always make a mess of things. Her poor daughter has her hands full since she has to take care of Susan.

10-17-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Tom & Lynette"
Perhaps that is the way Season 2 will end. I find her story totally believable. I was home for 6 weeks after my son was born, and I went a little stir crazy. I have always worked. I've always been around adults. When I was home, I craved adult stimulation, adult conversation. But I also feel guilty about working. I miss my son. The best part of my day is when I pick him up and he comes running to me.

Maybe Season 3 will deal with Tom and Lynette working from home.

Nutzy skeered me

10-17-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Tom & Lynette"
I agree that it's believable, and I have lived through that very thing myself for the last 5 years (missing grown up conversation or missing my kids). I completely empathize with Lynette, and she is the character I most like and relate to.

I am just bored with it on television. This show has always been a little surreal, a little heightened, and to have Lynette struggle with this for the past few episodes (with no end in sight) isn't fun. It's tedious.

The Mrs. Whatever-her-name-was stuff was funny at first, but it just got a little too heavy and sad. If they are going to make her the pining mother, I hope they make it funnier.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-17-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
I'm probably the last person that could still stand Susan, but after last night that's hard to do. She is trying to protect her daughter, but she needs to make a decision and stick with it. Live with Mike. Don't live with Mike. Look for Zach. Don't look for Zach. Make up your mind, Susan. It's gotten very tiring. I can only imagine the shows to come where Susan keeps from Mike that she found Zach, Mike finds out, they fight, they make up, repeat. I was glad that Bree finally pointed out that Zach was their friend's child they've all known Zach most of his life. They seem to forget that and all he's gone through.

I don't understand why many people are so hard on Lynette. I would have thought more people would be sympathetic to her situation. I've known many women who love their jobs, but agonize over leaving their children at home. Lynette's situation is more difficult because she was at home with the kids for years. Mary Alice was right in that men don't usually feel the guilt that women do over leaving their kids. The guilt isn't just in their own minds. Mothers have been in the workforce in record numbers for around 30 years and there are still plenty of people ready to condemn them for not being at home with the kids.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-17-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
You are so right about the whole mom thing. I wish they would either advance Susan and Mike more or get more going on the Lynette & Tom front. I like those two better, and there is tons of potential there.

10-17-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
14. "To clarify"
I like Lynette. She is my favorite character. I relate most to her. I have lived through the guilt of leaving kids to go work, and the loneliness of staying with the kids at the cost of adult interaction. I understand this situation perfectly, and am totally open to discussing the pros and cons of working moms and stay at home moms.

But let me illustrate. Last night was the fourth episode of the season. Since then:

• Bree has buried her husband, suffered a visit from her mother-in-law, taken a lie detector test, found out in some part of her subconscious that she loves George, and tried to deal with finding a balance between dating a new man and her children's objections. She has had her husband exhumed, and trudged her way through insurance investigations.

• Susan has begun dating Mike in earnest, battled with the evolving relationship between Carl, Edie, and Julie, has called it off with Mike, has since reunited with him, and has learned that he is the father of a boy who tried to kill him. She has agreed to look for Zach, and once she found him, betrayed Mike to send Zach away to protect Julie.

• Gabrielle has hired a lawyer to get her husband out of jail, realized that John wasn't truly in love with her (but rather was just a naive, idiot teen), has said goodbye to him for good and for all, has fought for control of the Carlos' money, and has even engaged in some sub-plots like the blackmail-for-implants story and the prison riot.

• Lynette has felt guilty about working.

Do you see what I am saying? I am not attacking Lynette, and if her story was the subject of a two-hour Dateline special, I would watch. In a comedy/drama, it's not evolving, it's not advancing, and her character deserves to have a little more substance. She needs a story, a new one. Even Edie and Betty have more rapidly changing stories than Lynette does.

Please don't take my objection to the stangant plot point to mean I don't like working mothers or Lynette's character. I don't understand why many people are so hard on Lynette. I am not being hard on Lynette. To be absolutely clear, I am being hard on Marc Cherry for not advancing her story.

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-17-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: To clarify"
Lynette planted a rat, to "control" her hubby into cleaning. She has also, killed her sons imaginary friend, Ms. Mulberry. Funny stuff, I don't even have kids, but I totally identify with Lynette. When I saw that umbrella on the floor, I was like grab it, grab it!!!!

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-17-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: To clarify"
I didn't mean you personally. I read different message boards and this one is by far the most tolerant of the characters. But it seems so many people constantly complain about Lynette and her problems with the kids last year and now the job this year. Lynette's life is nowhere near as exciting as the others, but I have always felt her character was supposed to be the one most women would identify with. Yet so many people complained about why she has problems raising the kids or keeping the house clean. Now raising those kids of hers would be rough on anyone especially with a husband out of town so much. But some people don't feel she has a right to complain. So then this year Lynette starts working. She deals with her husband not cleaning the house and her son's imaginary friend along with handling her own guilt of leaving the kids. Her story does advance, but not on the same scale as the others. Maybe Marc Cherry will give her an exciting storyline, but maybe he wants to keep one of the women just dealing with everyday life.

So again, I didn't mean you personally. I don't even have kids, but I've gotten so sensitive to all those complaining about Lynette.

10-17-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
Miscellaneous Rambles:

Bree: Loved it when Andrew told George about Bree's moaning and then she moaned after eating the cobler. Loved, loved, loved it. Best moment of the season for me so far. Andrew certainly let George get the best of him - for the moment.

Gabby: I think Frisky is exactly right. I don't think she's pregnant.

Lynette: I was waiting for a rat to show up when she opened that trash can. She certainly seems to be thriving by going back to work. She's got a ton of energy. Tom's living on easy street at the moment. Penny is older and the boys are all in school now.

Seems like Tom and Lynette live in a shoebox. Three boys share one bedroom, and Penny is still in her crib in their room.

Susan: Bleh.

Betty: Where was she last night?

Nutzy skeered me

10-17-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
11. "Betty... and Edie"
Betty: Where was she last night?

I would like to have seen her, too. I also really miss Edie. She's so catty and fun.

10-17-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
The funniest line for me was when Edie was talking to Susan about Zach and she (Edie) came out with, "What are going to do bob and weave everytime he tries to blow your head off?" I just giggled typing it.

10-17-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Season 2, Episode 4 Discussion"
I liked it when she called Susan a manipulative, conniving shrew then wondered aloud why they weren't friends.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •