The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Air date is March 18th.

"Sawyer is forced to perpetuate his lie when some old friends drop in unannounced"

Guest List
Guest starring are John Terry as Christian Shephard, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, Said Taghmaoui as Caesar, Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana, Reiko Aylesworth as Amy, Sterling Beaumon as young Ben, Patrick Fischler as Phil, Molly McGivern as Rosie, Eric Lange as Radzinsky, Dan Gauthier as co-pilot and Sven Lindstrom as photographer.

Source: http://darkufo.blogspot.com/

YEAH! Christian, Lapidus, Marvin Candle and Young Ben! Looks to be a Ben-centric episode.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste HobbsofMI 03-10-09 1
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste HobbsofMI 03-19-09 14
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste mrc 03-17-09 2
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste mrc 03-19-09 3
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste zombiebaby 03-19-09 6
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste pinksparkleguitar 03-19-09 10
       RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste HobbsofMI 03-19-09 15
       RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste DoodleBug 03-20-09 18
           RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste CTgirl 03-20-09 19
           RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste shimane22 03-22-09 24
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste blacknwhitedog 03-19-09 4
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste zombiebaby 03-19-09 5
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste mrc 03-19-09 7
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste DoodleBug 03-20-09 16
 Another eh Breezy 03-19-09 8
   RE: Another eh Loree 03-19-09 9
   RE: Another eh pinksparkleguitar 03-19-09 11
   RE: Another eh sica077 03-19-09 13
   RE: Another eh Ahtumbreez 03-24-09 25
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste J Slice 03-19-09 12
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste DoodleBug 03-20-09 17
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste CTgirl 03-20-09 20
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste warp_core breach 03-20-09 21
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste MPVLOST 03-20-09 22
       RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste warp_core breach 03-21-09 23
 RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste zombiebaby 03-24-09 26
   RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste MPVLOST 03-25-09 27
       RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste zombiebaby 03-25-09 28
           RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste trigirl 03-28-09 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-09, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Hummmm.....maybe this is why Ben told Micheal to bring those to be captured but why not Sun then?

Maybe Sawyer is the reason for the purge instead of Ben's dad?

This opens up a big can of worms.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-19-09, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Why not Sun....she was not there when he was young...yet...

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Bump as we draw closer to tomorrow night.

You've been hotpocketed!

03-19-09, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
In the scene with Sun, Frank, and Christian, please tell me I'm not the only one who saw two people (a woman and a man) standing in the background. The woman moved, so they weren't just pictures. I think it was just a production error that caught part of the crew, but it freaked me out.

Bunnies eat nerds.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
I did not see that! There will be screen caps up soon I would assume showing this if it happened!

That whole scene was spooky! Sun was lit very horror film like. I had no idea that it would be Christian in there.

Is it just me or did Sawyer remind you of Ben a bit this episode? His knowledge of stuff, the way he acted around people, his insecurities coming out, the reading? I know he always was like that but it struck me this episode. Maybe cause he was sitting in the house all calm like Ben used to.

You've been hotpocketed!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-19-09, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-09 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

I saw it! I saw it!

My husband and I rewinded it a couple of times - I thought it was Jacob. But we only saw one person, not a second. My husband swears up and down that it looked like Horace.

**ETA screencap**

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

03-19-09, 03:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
I thought I saw something too....Clair?

03-20-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Here's another pic - I think it could be Claire.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-09, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
It would make sense that it was Claire - the last time we saw her, she was with him, and he is her father.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-09, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
I thought it might be Charlotte when I freeze-framed that bit, but Claire would make more sense probably.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
so Ben is like 12 in 1977- does that make sense? and Ethan is the baby- does he seem only 30?

I am just not into this show as much anymore

Syren 2007

03-19-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
and Richard never ages. Ages will be off I would think when it comes to the Others/Hostiles.

Ben seemed older than 12 though last night.

I just loved this episode and the whole direction they are moving in is riveting!

You've been hotpocketed!

03-19-09, 11:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
I liked this episode.

1. Is Daniel dead or time-hopping?

2. ETHAN is the baby!!!

3. Young Ben is creepily similar to Old Ben. Great casting choice.

4. The Smoke Monster's presence war everywhere in this episode. When the door to the cabin that Christian, Sun, and Frank were in blew open, I expected to see it enter.

5. Dood, your English is WAY better.

6. It did seem a little illogical that the crash survivors wouldn't head for signs of civilization. I can see why Caesar was suspicious.

7. I wonder WHEN Sun and Frank entered the Dharma compound. The dock was there, so Locke hadn't blown up the sub yet. The pictures and condition of Dharmaville didn't seem to indicate that the commandos had shot it up yet. I'm guessing it is sometime soon after The Purge.

You've been hotpocketed!

03-20-09, 12:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
I think Sun, Lapidus and Christian are in an alternate future. They are 30 years later for sure but everything looked differently - like the Purge NEVER HAPPENED. The sign hanging down and swaying in the wind, the pictures of Dharma orientation crews on the wall (the Others would have taken those down, right?), the dock and rusted lamp posts. It was all very creepy and eery. We need Faraday STAT to tell us what the heck is going on!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Another eh"
episode for me.

I did love Sawyer's dressing down of Jack though.

Agree that the kid that played young Ben was excellent.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Another eh"
I did love Sawyer being in charge instead of Jack. And watching Sun smack Ben with the oar was a great moment.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-19-09, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another eh"
I really, really enjoyed Sawyer putting Jack in his place. It was time to see him be helpless for once, and not the person with all the knowledge.

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Another eh"
Yes... the moment they showed the Ben-as-a-kid's face, I got all creeped out because he has the same eerie and piercing eyes as Ben!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-09, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Another eh"
I loved that Sawyer put Jack as a Workman "based on his apptitude test".

and I loved the previews of Juliet telling Kate to stay away from Sawyer next week.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Mr. Beaumon could totally be young Mr. Emerson. Hell of casting; I loved "The Man Behind the Curtain" a couple seasons back, too.

I am hoping Sayid's mission is not to shoot young Ben Linus.

But then, I am a Ben fangirl, and would rather not see his groovin' head (thanks to MRC's sig) fade away from that picture, Back To The Future-style.

NAMASTE!

03-20-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
I think Sayid is the reason that Ben is like he is today. Young Ben was more than just a little curious to go visit a hostile - bringing him a sandwich was just a means to an end. Remember his visit with Richard in the jungle - he desparately wants to leave Dharma and be a hostile. Now they have one captive! I can see him thinking "take me with you! get me out of here!" I think Sayid "the terrorist" will influence young Ben in MANY ways.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-09, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-09 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

Not an overly exciting episode – but solid. The characterizations and acting were great. It was just freaky to watch the plane crash again.

Loved seeing Sawyer as the leader – no one says ‘son-of-a-b*tch’ the way he does. Zombie really hit the nail on the head when she said he reminded her of Ben sitting in his Dharmaville house, all calm as can be, telling Jack off. Their think versus react clash reminds me a little of the “man of science versus man of faith” conflict between Locke and Jack.

I found Juliet creepy this episode. She’s giving off “is she or is she not evil” vibes again. She was sneaky around Amy and the manifest (I thought she was going to drop Ethan on his head when she found out who she was holding!) and she was playing games with Kate, accidentally on purpose leaving her off the list of new recruits.

The looks between Ben and Sun on the beach were wonderful, what a chess match – great acting. And when Sun beaned Ben with a paddle and said to Frank “I lied.” Loved it. Over on the island, it was a little horror-filmish, especially since they left the island in daylight and in paddling a half-mile all of a sudden it was pitch black.

Jack’s reaction to Juliet living with Sawyer and Kate’s and Sawyer’s little wave to each other laid the groundwork for one big messy love quadrangle.

Loved Hurley and his oneliners. “What if we can’t answer questions like who’s president in 1977.”

I can’t wait to see where the story takes us next. ETA: Oh yeah, and I want to know where Faraday, Rose and Bernard are and why Sun didn't flash with the rest of the Oceanic 6!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-20-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-09 AT 03:50 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-20-09 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

This was my first true "meh" episode of the season. Much preferred the last episode.

1. Ticks me off that Sun & Jin still can't be reunited. Now there's 30 years between them. I couldn't care less about "the cube". It's boring, it's dumb, it's been done numerous times on all sorts of shows. Gimme more Sun & Jin and Desmond & Penny... now there's a couple of love stories.

2. My last post said that Charlotte was older than I thought. Now I think Ethan is younger than I thought. He's only 27 when he first terrorizes the Losties. Seriously, he doesn't look that young.

3. So Ethan is 15 when the purge happens. So did he participate in it? Did he just stand by and let it happen? Was he aware of it? Was it done against his will?

4. Jack & Sawyer at it again... some things never change. I liked Sawyer putting Jack in his place. I think this Sawyer is growing on me.

5. Yeah Jack, while you and Kate were shacking up so were Sawyer and Juliet... get over yourself.

6. Re: last post... where the heck is Faraday?

7. I'm chomping at the bit to see Locke confront Ben and really chomping at the bit to see if Penny's okay. Maybe the next episode?? Please?

8. Christian... apparation or alive? Now Frank and Sun have seen him...

9. Young Ben is definitely creepy and looks like Harry Potter.

10. Radinski... why is that name familiar? Has he been mentioned before? Or am I thinking "Radsky" from MI2?

11. When Jack(?) asked Sawyer who else was here with them, did Sawyer's answer include Rose and Bernard et al?? Where the heck are those other Losties??!!

A Gift from Agman

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-09, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Radinsky was Kelvin Inman's original partner in the hatch and the person that started the Blast Door map.

He later kills himself, according to Kelvin anyway.

Then Kelvin is alone in the hatch until Desmond comes along.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-09, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Ahh, thank you. I remember now... it was so many episodes ago! Radinsky is quite loosely wound, so I can see why he may just lose it completely and kill himself... of course, if that is what indeed happened.

A Gift from Agman

03-24-09, 08:39 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
So the baby is Ethan. I'm not concerned about the age difference because I think they have shown that time is screwy. I think the reason they made the baby Ethan is to not show us something about him. We know Ethan is an Other. I think it is to show that either his mother or both parents are really Others. They are infiltrating the DI.

Paul could have been killed accidentally by the Others mistaking them for DI's or maybe he wasn't and the plan was to kill him all along. Look at who Amy is married to now. The head of Dharma.

I also think that whatever happened can be changed otherwise what is the whole point of having them go back at all?

You've been hotpocketed!

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Paul isn't Ethan's father.

Amy was married to Paul, he died. Then 3 years later she is married to Horace and is pregnant with his baby, who turns out to be Ethan.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

03-25-09, 04:38 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
Yes I know. We don't know what Horace's story it either. I think he is not an Other but has more knowledge about them and probably has some sort of personal deal going with them...kind of like Ben.

The point is that Amy is not Dharma and all that the reason Ethan is not purged is that he is an OTher by birth.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 5.09 Namaste"
The point is that Amy is not Dharma and all that the reason Ethan is not purged is that he is an OTher by birth.

I agree with this. I think that since this episode and young ben has been shot by Sayid, we may see that things don't change. Maybe it is Amy who is responsible for the purge and Ben was just a participant. Perhaps Ethan will now become the leader of the Others. Definitely think that Amy is up to something.

bouncey by Ice

Just got back from Vacation and had to rewatch the episode. It is not the same watching on a 20" tv with commercials as it is at home with the big HDTV and DVR....I am turning into my husband!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •