The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2-21"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-07, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2-21"
So while last week I was shivering while we huddled on the couch watching the show, tonight we had the windows wide open and enjoyed a nice 55 degree night. Today it got up to 63!

But I digress. Tonight's show...quite interesting. I enjoyed getting to know some more backstory on the doctor, and Bai Ling's character was definitely interesting. I felt sad that he forced her to tatoo him...that seemed reackless an dunlikable. What if the consequences were for her? Not him? He didn't seem to care. Interesting that he was marked as a stranger a long time ago.

I don't trust Juliet, I am not sure if she is worth all the trouble Jack is going to. However, I am interested n the sacrifical way he is acting. Saving others an the expense of himself, which fits nicely with the Messiah-esque tattoo 'Not one of us, but walks among us' Speeking of Biblical references, I've been wondering...These people seem to make a big deal out of Jacob, who in he Bible had a son Benjamin, which is why it makes sense that he would be some sort of leader, but in the story of Jacob, he had two sons by Rachel, Benjamin and Joseph. Joesp was the clear favorite...so I wonder..if this theme would continue onto Lost, where's Joseph? Just some ramblings.

The Others are more cultish every day . . . the brainwasing, their own governing authority, the interest in recruiting younger memebers.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, what are yours?

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 2-21 cycles2k 02-22-07 1
   RE: 2-21 volsfan 02-22-07 4
 RE: 2-21 trigirl 02-22-07 2
   RE: 2-21 MrBigDog1974 02-22-07 3
   RE: 2-21 AugustGirl 02-22-07 14
       RE: 2-21 MrBigDog1974 02-22-07 15
 RE: 2-21 geg6 02-22-07 5
   RE: 2-21 Loree 02-22-07 6
   RE: 2-21 volsfan 02-22-07 8
       Doc! geg6 02-22-07 10
   RE: 2-21 emydi 02-22-07 9
 *waits for Jin* zombiebaby 02-22-07 7
   RE: *waits for Jin* AugustGirl 02-22-07 12
   We want Jin! Canada Girl 02-23-07 30
 RE: 2-21 michel 02-22-07 11
   RE: 2-21 AugustGirl 02-22-07 13
       RE: 2-21 michel 02-22-07 17
           RE: 2-21 geg6 02-22-07 19
               RE: 2-21 michel 02-22-07 21
   RE: 2-21 Glassgoat6 02-22-07 23
 RE: 2-21 sisyphus 02-22-07 16
   RE: 2-21 Johhny_1ce 02-22-07 18
       RE: 2-21 geg6 02-22-07 20
           RE: 2-21 Johhny_1ce 02-22-07 24
 RE: 2-21 tvgeek401 02-22-07 22
   RE: 2-21 Johhny_1ce 02-22-07 25
 RE: 2-21 TeamJoisey 02-23-07 26
   RE: 2-21 Max Headroom 02-23-07 27
 RE: 2-21 CTgirl 02-23-07 28
   RE: 2-21 TeamJoisey 02-23-07 29
       RE: 2-21 geg6 02-23-07 33
           RE: 2-21 CTgirl 02-23-07 35
 Voice of dissent...yet again Ice 9 02-23-07 31
   RE: Voice of dissent...yet again zombiebaby 02-23-07 32
       RE: Voice of dissent...yet again emydi 02-23-07 34
           RE: Voice of dissent...yet again zombiebaby 02-23-07 36
               RE: Voice of dissent...yet again emydi 02-27-07 43
           RE: Voice of dissent...yet again TeamJoisey 02-26-07 42
 RE: 2-21 Das Mole 02-23-07 37
 RE: 2-21 DRONES 02-24-07 38
 The 3 Questions Chez 02-24-07 39
   RE: The 3 Questions michel 02-25-07 40
 RE: 2-21 HobbsofMI 02-26-07 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-07, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 2-21"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-07 AT 03:47 AM (EST)

I enjoyed the episode, though I am never pleased when it is a Jack Centered episode because I find it hard to identify with such an unlikable character. At least the show offered an explanation of his constant anger, albeit a weak one.

I thought this episode was supposed to answer three questions - or am I remembering the promo from last week wrong? We learned some things, but none of them seem terribly important except that the children are still alive.

The other things we learned are:
- The Others don't live on their little work island.
- The Others have back yards (though that seemed clear from an earlier episode).
- Ben is king of his domain.
- How Jack got his tatoo.
- Ethan was the surgeon.
- Jack is grumpy because he is a leader and does not belong among the common folk.

These seem minor compared to the hatch; Locke's walking; the numbers; Desmond's girlfriend after the hatch exploded; the security system/smoke; the purple sky; Desmond's power; the other hatch and so on. Does anyone else remember the "three answers" promo and can anyone enlighten me about what the three answers were?

I agree with Pinks about Juliet. Sawyer's remark about some women being worth the trouble and others not certainly raises the question. I find myself identifying with her pain but distrusting everything she says.

The others do seem to be increasingly cultish. Ben is both powerful and powerless at the same time - an interesting comparison to Juliet who seems to be manipulative and manipulated at the same time.

This show is frustrating. Every episode answers minor questions and raises more important questions. I am going to have to miss next weeks episode so, according to the promo, I won't know what "everyone" is talking about on Thursday morning.

<Begin Rant> These writers had better have a good way to wrap this whole thing up in the final season. Otherwise I shall be seriously pissed and will do something rash like post an angry sounding paragraph at realitytvworld.com. <End Rant>

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 2-21"
This whole thing is becoming laughable...yes, we were promised three answers.

I think, like many viewers, I am beginning to lose interest because we aren't getting any REAL answers at all.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-22-07, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 2-21"
I know that I am in the minority around here but I think Jack is such an amazing character. So complex, so totured, so yummy. I would be angry too if I were Jack.

I agree that Juliet is not what she appears to be. Not sure what is up with her. It is like she is a loose canon. The Others cannot control her, yet you know she would not be loyal to Jack if push came to shove.

Why or why did Sawyer and Freckles let Carl go? They should have used him to find out where the 'backyards' were.

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-22-07, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 2-21"
I must agree, Jack is a great character. As I have mentioned before, I feel like I can identify with him.

As far as Biblical references go, Jack is almost a Moses type figure in my opinion.

- Both are "Shepherds"
- Both are destined to be leaders, even if they don't necessarily want to be
- Both have anger issues
- Both are "Strangers in a Strange Land" - Moses during his days of exile and Jack during his period with the Others.

At this rate, I'm afraid that Jack may also be like Moses and only see the Promised Land (rescue) instead of actually participating. I hope I'm wrong on that.

Otherwise, a pretty good episode.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 2-21"
I'm just here to support TriGirl and MrBigDog in the Jack Fan Club. *waves*

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-22-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 2-21"
Much like Bartyles & James used to say,

"Thank you for your support!"

Even when Lost is slow, it's better than 99% of the useless junk out there...

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 2-21"
The only answer I got last night was one I asked myself:

Could this whole Jack and Others story be any more boring?

And the answer I gave myself? A resounding "YES!" And that episode proved it to my complete satisfaction.

Could someone just kill Jack and Juliette now and save me?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 2-21"
The only good thing about lastnight was that I got to see Jack get beat up instead of Sawyer for a change.

But this show is getting boring. I want to see how it all wraps up so I am sticking around so I will understand what has happened when we get there. But the ride is getting so bad I wonder why I bother. I want more answers to things at the main beach. But we rarely even see them anymore.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 2-21"
Geg, I totally agree with you. Last week people were posting that we finally got back to the mysteries of the island but I think we got farther from them.

Last night's episode did absolutely nothing for me and I caught myself asking why I was wasting my time.

*smooches*

02-22-07, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Doc!"
Seems I haven't seen you in ages and ages!!!!

So, how you doin'?

Glad to see that I'm not the only one. And relieved that two of my favorite peeps, the Doc and my Homegirl, agree with me.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 2-21"
I agree geggy...that's why I started to watch it on DVR not live...it's so much better when you can FF ...you don't miss much

I think I watched the ep in 20 mins last nite

and yes Juliet may rival Kate for my "Please just kill her"

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "*waits for Jin*"
Anyone wanna wait with me?

I have special coffee creamers!

*hopes Augie comes by*

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

02-22-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: *waits for Jin*"
I'm here, Zombie! I'll wait with you.

special coffee creamers, Jin, and Zombie rock my world.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-07, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "We want Jin!"
And Sayid!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 2-21"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-07 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

Although the mysteries are much more on the main beach, there were still some with the Others. The feeling I got is that their story is wrapping up, which should please many!

What we learned:
1- What happened to Cindy? Her disappearance had to be explained and we saw that she has been assimilated very quickly by the Others.

2- Jack's tattoos got the explanation some had asked. They have symbolic value but it ends there I think.

3- Where are the children and why do the Others take them? Although we haven't heard what Ben thinks, at least we know what his subjects believe: "To give them a better life."

4- The Others do see themselves as Good people. When Jack told the big guy (his name escapes me) what kind of people they were (i.e. murderers, kidnappers etc...) he didn't even seem to hear. That view doesn't even register.

I say the Others' story could be wrapping up because we see more of an understanding between Ben and Jack. What I see happening is either:

a) Ben letting Jack and Juliette go home once he is back on his feet.

b) Both groups coming to an understanding and going on living separately on the island.

c) The Others getting rid of Ben's influence and joining the Losties in their quest to understand and leave the island.

(B) seems unlikely because that still leaves the children captive. (A) and (C) could happen jointly.

Another indication that the Others' story could be coming to an end is the more important role Alex keeps getting. Soon, she'll learn about her mother. I find it very interesting that Ben's "daughter" is the most rebellious. Can she make the other members of the cult see that Ben's ways aren't right?

02-22-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 2-21"
Excellent points, Michel. I too hope the Others' story is coming to an end and we get back to the beach.

The story I am most looking forward to is Alex's. Can't wait to see when she finds out her mother is Whatshername the French chick (what is her name???). Does Alex know Ben isn't really her father? Ben isn't really her father, is he? *looks around*

Can't wait for next week!

02-22-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 2-21"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-07 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

The French woman's name is Rousseau. Alex' father was in the expedition and was killed. I think the Others cannot have children so Ben "adopted" Alex.

Now, what is the big guy's name, the one that talked with Jack?

02-22-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 2-21"
It's Danielle Rousseau, I believe.

And the big guy is Tom.

02-22-07, 06:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: 2-21"
Thank You.

Glassgoat6 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-22-07, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glassgoat6 Click to send private message to Glassgoat6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 2-21"
Overall, I thought the episode was pretty blah. But I did a 180 a couple hours later. Thought that the producers dropped a clue to one of the big season-development bombs that they've spouting about. I think many people are assuming the quote, "he walks among us, but it not one of us", to mean that Jack is walking among the Others. I think that it is going to pertain to when he gets back with the Losties. I think Jack has been indoctrinated by the Others, prior to the plane crash. Also, might explain the fact that he was found in the jungle, away from the rest of Losties on the beach. Maybe there is also significance that Vincent was with Jack, when found. Also, why would the Thai people beat him up on the beach? I think they were scared to death of Jack, thinking of him as one of the Others.

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-22-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 2-21"
I have to agree with ou on jack. I don't much like the character, and in this episode it was quite evident that he is very selfish as well. She told him that she was not allowed to tattoo him but he forced her. It is one thing to not care what the consequences are to yourself but another to ignore the consequences to her. We see that she left the beach after he got beaten but we still don't know what the consequences were to her.....she was too afraid for their no to have been any...

Johhny_1ce 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Johhny_1ce Click to send private message to Johhny_1ce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 2-21"
I reluctantly have to agree that this episode left something to be desired. I think part of it was the hype up by ABC that three of the central mysteries were going to be solved, but they weren't really solved all that directly. It seems that

1) The Others think that the children get a "better life" with them
2) What Jack's tatoos say (although in reality they say "Eagles on High, Cleaving space", from a lyrical Poem from Chairman Mao)
3) That the people from the tail section are still alive
and maybe
4) that the Dharma Initiative is the Others... If you remember when they opened up the conference room door, the podium had the dharma initiative logo on it. It seems like that as well as the part about "we work on this island" suggest that the dharma initiative and the others are one and the same.

Maybe Karl got in trouble for releasing the polar bears. Maybe that's how they got there. Maybe when Tom said "opening doors you have no business opening" and looking at locke in regards to the hatch, that suggested that they claimed some ownership over the hatch and knew about its existence. Ethan was their surgeon we know and was recruiting for some kind of medical research position when he approached Juliet. I think the others are the creators of the Dharma initiative project, but that whatever research they are doing is bad stuff... somehow illegal or immoral , such that they can't just help the losties and let them go. The others mystery is central to the story for this reason. I'm glad that they are covering the others, I just wish they did what they did previous seasons and mix in stories from the beach with the others' story.

The whole thailand scene at the end was bizarre. I felt it raised more questions than it answered. I wonder if they somehow are tied to the dharma initiative in some way. Maybe it's some kind of secretive cabal and all these things that seem like fate are actually by purpose or design. maybe oceanic flight 815 was meant to crash on that island.

I for one disagree that the story is boring. I feel that the supernatural elements really add something to the show. If it was just about castaways on an island with baggage, that would be rather boring. But there are all these deeper levels of something going on, that we can only grasp at but not completely understand. I love it. I just wish it aired more often than once a week, so we could get to the bottom of some of the mysteries raised earlier on.

I think the Others are going to turn out to be not bad people after all. Like they have some element of them that is bad, but really their no worse than the crash survivors. There was some allusion to that in this episode.

But please Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelhof, show us how locke became paralyzed, show us what the frenchwoman meant by "they got sick", show us how desmond was thrown out of the Royal Scots Regiment, Show us more about Juliet and enough with Jack, Kate, and sawyer for a while.

02-22-07, 03:49 PM (EST)
20. "RE: 2-21"
>I for one disagree that the
>story is boring. I feel
>that the supernatural elements really
>add something to the show.

That's not what bores me. It's Jack that bores me stiff. He's not all that interesting, really. And quite unlikeable. All of which I could deal with if he was cute.

so we could get
>to the bottom of some
>of the mysteries raised earlier
>on.

Seriously. Is Locke or Sun or Jin even still on the island?

>I think the Others are going
>to turn out to be
>not bad people after all.
>Like they have some element
>of them that is bad,
>but really their no worse
>than the crash survivors. There
>was some allusion to that
>in this episode.

Meh. I just don't care about them. I have no investment in them. I want to see the characters I do have an investment in.

>But please Carlton Cuse and Damon
>Lindelhof, show us how locke
>became paralyzed, show us what
>the frenchwoman meant by "they
>got sick", show us how
>desmond was thrown out of
>the Royal Scots Regiment, Show
>us more about Juliet and
>enough with Jack, Kate, and
>sawyer for a while.

I agree with every word there except showing more Juliet (who also bores me every bit as much as Jack does) and less Sawyer. The more Sawyer, the better. He's the most compelling and complicated character on the entire show. Though Desmond is giving him a run for his money, I have to say.

02-22-07, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Johhny_1ce Click to send private message to Johhny_1ce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 2-21"
you're right about sawyer come to think of it. His one liners are the best (you're in my light, sticks) , and he's actually the most reasonable and down to earth of any of the characters. Locke is more callous (considering that he risks people's lives without a great deal of remorse when they die), Jack is more self-righteous (I mean the guy thinks he's like a secular jesus or something, but sometimes he's doing harm) , Kate is more calculating (she looks nice, but she has the killer instinct in her), and Sayid is more serious (he's a bit too rational for my tastes) than good old sawyer. He's got a rough and deprecating sense of humor, and he comes off as callous and self-interested, but he is actually the nicest of any of those people.

I just don't want to see jack kate sawyer at the others compound. I'm a bit bored of that sequence. It's interesting in a way, but they don't really tell us the gold of what there is to know about the others, and just give us lots of filler.

I just wish they'd get back to the beach already. I want to see the reunion. I want to know more about desmond too. He's my favorite character by a hair over locke and sawyer. Also what happened to michael and walt. They're going to come back. they're main characters, I don't think they'd be gone just like that.

Also that antarctica scene with the two brazillian scientists. throw us a bone here cuse and lindelhof. drop in a scene or two more like that to get the imaginations running over what the heck is really going on here.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-22-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 2-21"
This episode seemed to be filler to me. I was expecting a lot from the excitement of last week's episode, but was left disappointed.
Yes, we did learn about Jack's tattoo and a bit about The Others, but I'm looking forward to getting back to the rest of the Losties. We got a taste of that last week, but not much.

Overall, this week was just 'meh' and I think they need to start speeding things up and giving us real answers to the mysteries to keep the viewers who have managed to keep watching this long without giving up.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

02-22-07, 11:40 PM (EST)
25. "RE: 2-21"
Agreed. The one that pulled the low ratings I thought was one of the best (desmond's flashback). I had nightmares about that eerie part with the wedding ring lady. how one couldn't change fate through human agency and the universe had a way of course correcting itself. But Donovan, Desmond's Indian friend, he was making a statement to a woman when desmond met him that sounded like quantum physics, the idea that the same moment in time can produce multiple outcomes depending on human agency, like he was alluding to the later scenario that Desmond could have altered the course of events if he had proposed to pen instead of throwing the ring away and returning to lostworld. But he did change the course of things when he took the cricket bat swing rather than the bartender. I wonder what the implications will be for charlie.

2-21's episode kind of was a low for lost. not a lot happened. I mean the tattoo scene was kind of weird, but it didn't answer anything. Incidentally, the tattoos were on Matthew Fox before filming and the producers decided not to cover them up. They don't say what the show says that they say, and come from a chinese peom by Chairman Mao Zedong. It raised more questions that it answered. The rest of the show didn't have much content to it.

Whatever it is, I really truly hope they let the show run its course, and allow it to finish out. I'm going to be really pissed if the show gets cut before the end. All this investment for nothing.

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-23-07, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 2-21"
WORST.

EPISODE.

EVER.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 2-21"
Pretty much sums it up. The previous "Desmond Flashback Hour" episode was a close second.

They need to start answering some of the main questions before every last viewer is gone!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 2-21"
I thought the “getting answers to three questions” was a little exaggerated, and I agree totally that this show is frustrating and every episode answers minor questions, but not enough of the big questions. Yes the children are alive, but…where are they? What are they doing? Are they happy? It’s like we were thrown a bone to see Cindy walking the kids through the “zoo.”

Finding out what Jack’s tattoos meant also asked more questions than they answered. They mean, “Not one of us, but walks among us,” so that’s Jack’s theme in Lost and one we’ll revisit again, no doubt. Having Jack living on the beach in Thailand didn’t ring true to me. In his life as a successful surgeon, he never stuck me as the kind of guy who would just take off and bum around like that and when would he have had time to do it with all his studying and interning! Jack had the tattoos at the plane crash so obviously the writers were planning on incorporating them, I just don’t think “how” he got them fits. What they mean, however, does.

I’m starting to like Juliet’s character. She’s a mystery – is she good or is she evil, or a little of both? What is she up to? I would be happy to leave The Others work island and their experiments behind and just move Alex and Juliet back to the Losties island.

What was up with Juliet getting “marked?” The only literary reference I could think of was The Scarlet Letter, and Hester Prynne was marked in a spot where everyone could see it. Juliet’s was hidden. Though it’s interesting that she was marked during the same episode that explored Jack’s tattoos. He was marked too. I don’t know if they’re wrapping up The Others story – they mentioned Jacob a few times and introduced the “Sheriff,” another spooky character. The tailies were introduced last year as a supplement to the Losties. The Others were introduced last year and took center stage at the beginning of this season. They have to back burner The Others to get back to our Losties, but I don’t think they’re wrapping it up. The Others are definitely tied to the mystery of the island in some way.

I would like to see them announce when the show will end – end of season 4, 5? We need to know there is an end in sight so we can enjoy the journey to get there. I’d like to see some of the stories get wrapped up instead of introducing new ones!

02-23-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 2-21"
season 4? season 5?

A few more like this one, and it will be at the end of season 3.

02-23-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
33. "RE: 2-21"
Word.

Cuse and Lindelof either haven't been paying enough attention or are full of carp that they have the whole thing mapped out. They may have planned the ending from the beginning, but this middle mess has every sign of being improvised.

A good narrative doesn't lose sight of the characters that the first 20 chapters spent setting up. Narratives that do that get set down mid-read or mid-season by people who expect some sort of pacing and payoff.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: 2-21"
They may have
>planned the ending from the
>beginning, but this middle mess
>has every sign of being
>improvised.
>
I totally agree with you which I would like the ending to be set so they don't have to stretch and improvise the middle and add new story lines.

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-23-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Voice of dissent...yet again"
I find the Others to be fascinating.

I believe we will get back to the beach, and am not pressed about it.

I believe the "answers" will come, but don't need them anytime soon.

My patience with the show isn't close to being tested.

I still look forward to Wednesday night, and when the show is over I can't wait until next Wednesday night.

I look at the show as a 4-5 season long novel. I don't want them to answer questions better left for the 3rd Act in the 2nd Act. Lost is one long story. I fully expected from season 1 that lots of people would grow weary and stop watching. I'd rather that, than the alternative, which is that they change the structure of the show dramatically.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled griping.

02-23-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Voice of dissent...yet again"
Oh I agree completely. I do however think it was one of the weaker episodes.

I still think the show is the best thing out there and don't need answers right now either.

It's hard when last week was so good. At least in my opinion. Thank g-d they are running them in a row though at this point.

02-23-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Voice of dissent...yet again"
nope....Heroes is miles ahead in this genre (although it may fall into the same traps in Season 3) and Friday Night Lights is probably the best written and acted show on tv right now...*where is glowie, anyway?

02-23-07, 04:41 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Voice of dissent...yet again"

See I love Heros but I don't know, I just don't get as excited about it as I do Lost...still. For me Lost is my favorite even if other shows are "better".

While I have not seen FNL, I have no doubt that it is all that it is said to be, is it really comparable to Lost and Heros? Do they use the internet and have a mythology? I thought it was a regular drama.

A PhoenixMons Creation

02-27-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Voice of dissent...yet again"
No, FNL has the best writing on tv not in same genre and Heroes blew Lost away in the 2/26/07 ep...that is how you answer questions!!

02-26-07, 11:46 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Voice of dissent...yet again"
I completely endorse FNL.

Far better than almost everything else on TV.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-23-07, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: 2-21"
*Yawn*

Next.

The last two episodes have been sooo incredibly lackluster for me, I can't take this any more!

You'd think they could answer an actual question for once. One. Just one, that's all I ask. It doesn't even have to be gigantic, just like...tell us why Charlie is a moron. Or why Jack hasn't been written off the show yet. Or why we haven't seen 87932817147567801 of the original characters in the last three episodes.

Please?

das.

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-07, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: 2-21"
I like how they are tying in the losties with the others as I believe their fates are intertwined.

Ethan was the surgeon...did not know that, would still like to know why he went loopy for Claire.

Jacks convo with Tom about how they aren't the ones who are kidnapping etc was something I've been waiting for. I found it odd that Toms response was of glass houses as that did not ring true to me.

I don't think it is any secret that Jack is looked on as the leader of the losties and that was confirmed by Locke when he talked about how the group needed the doctors leadership.

One of my favorite things about this show is when they insert a characters back story as part of the overall plot. I'm always left to wonder who's story is going to be told next week.

This is a very complex show with a complex plot, one that does not try to insult the viewer by dumbing in down just to make it more main stream. I don't care which of these character(s) they focus on from week to week as I find them all facinating and complex. This is one of 2 shows that watch live, the other being survivor, because I can't wait to see what is going to happen next.

DRONES

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-07, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "The 3 Questions"
I've seen flashes of this through the mesages, but here is my list of the 3 questions that I believe ABC intended to be answered this episode:

1. How did Jack's tattoos happen?
2. What happened to Cindy?
3. What happened to the children from the tail section?

Those questions were answered.

I also feel feel quite sure the "sheriff" Isabella from the Others is the same person as the wedding ring seller with Desmond.

02-25-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
40. "RE: The 3 Questions"

>I also feel feel quite sure
>the "sheriff" Isabella from
>the Others is the same
>person as the wedding ring
>seller with Desmond.

That would have been a scary twist but according to this:

http://blogs.courant.com/roger_catlin_tv_eye/lost/index.html

"One of the Others, a sheriff named Isabella, reads (the tattoos) another way: 'He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us.' 'That's not what they mean,' Jack says with a snarl. Isabella is played by Diana Scarwid, whose most memorable role to date was as the abused adoptee telling the tale of Mommy Dearest."

"And the woman in the jewelry store that gives (Desmond) the lowdown on the fabric of fate is Irish actress Fionnula Flanagan, the matriarch in Showtime’s Brotherhood."

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: 2-21"
I finally watched it on the DVR this weekend......

I agree with a lot of people here that I was too disappointed with this episode.

When did Jack go to Thailand? After his divorce and after his dad when to Austrailia....does that time line work out? It's been so long I can't remember anymore. We know he was there for about a month....

The others and Juliet is just not interesting to me anymore because they are just not giving us anything about them and why, etc. But it seemed like they had a nice size boat in the end and why had the beach people not seen a boat that size....heck why did the raft not spot the small island?

Too many questions and to long between things happening...it's just not keeping my interest as it did before.

I hope it gets better but we shall see.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •