The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2-28 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-07, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2-28 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

Well, tonight, to continue our awesome ever-changing weather, we had tornadoes! All around us, all night. Needless to say, we did not see Lost, but Frodis suggested in the bar that I could still start the thread. I concurred, and here I am.

*waves to Frodis*

Most likely I'll have to download the epi from itunes tomorrow. I have tried to watch on abc.com several times and it always freezes about half way through, and I end up downloading it anyway. My local TV station was apologizing all over the place while they pre-empted the show, they kept saying they would show the episode in it's entirety later on..and then it switched to maybe tomorrow they'll show it....and then finally they didn't know when they would show it but they would.

So, y'all can fill me in!!

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 2-28 episode trigirl 03-01-07 1
 RE: 2-28 episode Loree 03-01-07 2
   RE: 2-28 episode maroonclowns mom 03-01-07 4
 RE: 2-28 episode CTgirl 03-01-07 3
   RE: 2-28 episode michel 03-01-07 5
   RE: 2-28 episode MrBigDog1974 03-01-07 6
       RE: 2-28 episode cheezit 03-01-07 7
           RE: 2-28 episode emydi 03-01-07 12
               RE: 2-28 episode Max Headroom 03-02-07 19
                   RE: 2-28 episode CTgirl 03-02-07 20
                       RE: 2-28 episode Scarlett O Hara 03-02-07 21
 RE: 2-28 episode zombiebaby 03-01-07 8
   RE: 2-28 episode cheezit 03-01-07 9
   RE: 2-28 episode MrBigDog1974 03-01-07 11
   RE: 2-28 episode weltek 03-01-07 13
   RE: 2-28 episode geg6 03-02-07 15
       RE: 2-28 episode MrBigDog1974 03-02-07 16
           RE: 2-28 episode geg6 03-02-07 18
       RE: 2-28 episode zombiebaby 03-02-07 17
 RE: 2-28 episode J Slice 03-01-07 10
 RE: 2-28 episode Johhny_1ce 03-01-07 14
 Let us pray... moonbaby 03-04-07 22
   RE: Let us pray... DRONES 03-07-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-01-07, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Very cute episode. Not much mystery, but a little bit of fun and levity which was needed. I LOL when my kids saw the VW van and said "hippie van". I thought that was weird that that was how they knew the vehicle, but they laughed at me when Sawyer called it a hippie van!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-07, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 2-28 episode"
It was a nice episode getting back to the original characters. No Jack made it even more enjoyable for me. It was like I was back watching the first couple seasons when I still enjoyed this show.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-07, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Must agree. I enjoyed this ep. Still am a bit lost about how Jin and Sun managed to return "home". Last I remember seeing of those two was when they had to jump overboard the boat after shooting the (other) female. Was I dreaming?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 2-28 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 08:29 AM (EST)

This was one of the best episodes of the past two years. It was vintage season one – back on the beach with the Losties interacting with each other. I loved the guys hanging out bonding with the beer. Sawyer’s one-liners are lol. Besides being funny, there was also hope (which we have seen none of this year). The ending was great too – Danielle finally found out her daughter may still be alive. Can’t wait to see how that plays out.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I have to agree CTGirl that it was a welcomed change. We watch "Survivor" for the strategy and the surprises but sometimes we get "Billy's elimination", "The witch is dead", "Chris is full of BS" or "My grandma is dead" episode and those funny episodes stick out.

That was "Lost" last night. I laughed all the way through at Sawyer toasting with dead Roger, Hurley slapping Charlie out of his funk, Jin learning that: "I'm sorry", "You are right" and "You don't look fat in those pants" were the only thing he needed to learn to talk to a woman!! (I imagined that the oriental woman interviewing Hurley could've been chosen to represent Julie Chen. Even the meteorite was fun to see! STEE-rike!)

The funniest moment was when the van finally started and we had Three dog nights' "On the road to Shambhala" on the radio:

"I can tell my sister 'bout the flowers in her eyes
On the road to Shambala
I can tell my brother 'bout the flowers in his eyes
On the road to Shambala

How does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala
How does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala"

Talk about a Hippy van!

With that laughter, the final scene brought it all back and promises some interesting developments.

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-01-07, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 2-28 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 09:20 AM (EST)

Fantastic episode...!! This is what makes Lost a great show.

So many one-liners, it's hard to choose the best. Though I did enjoy Hurley trying to come back on Sawyer - " Red..neck...guy"

I also enjoyed the "ignorance is bliss" smile on Jin's face when Hurley was recruiting people to come help. He totally looked like he had no idea what he was signing up for. I also was waiting to hear him tell Sun the three things needed to talk to a woman when they returned.

We get to see Patches O'Toole next week, and John causes another issue by messing with a computer...how about we take the keyboards away from him?

cheezit 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheezit Click to send private message to cheezit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Sorry guys but I have to disagree. This EPI blew. Yeah, it was funny, cute, light hearted and hopeful but I felt it did nothing to further the story line.

Didn't the promo for this epi say something like "if you miss tonight you won't know what people are talking about on Thursday" Maybe I read to much into that but to me that meant something huge was going to happen. So what exactly are we supposed to be talking about? They found beer? Roger Workman drover a Hippy van? Kate is annoying?

My hubby gave up on this show a long time ago and always says it has "jumped the shark" but I said no, no, it's still good and have remained faithful but interest is draining fast...real fast.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 2-28 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

I sort of agree...I didn't think it was a great episode (I loved Desmond's a few weeks ago) but it wasn't bad either. I like Hurley and I agree with others that we needed a little levity..

But KATE omh...she is so self righteous and sanctimonious...I'm glad Sawyer didn't apologize...I say (*)^%*&%^ Jack ...

does byoffer post here...

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I agree, it was a fun episode but it did nothing to solve any island mysteries or otherwise advance the plot. Hurley hasn't had much screen time this season and it was good to have a funny, lighthearted episode about him, but that's all we got.

Kate? No thank you, I've had enough.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I know we didn't get any mysteries solved this week, but I think by bringing Danielle back into the story we are taking a big step forward. She's been on the island for 16+ years and she's not an Other. I think she'll bring us some answers.

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I thought this was a good episode and a good episode to bring us back to the "Island."

The theme of hope applies to many things -- hope for this show after all; hope for the cursed Hurley; hope for a reunion of Danielle and Alex; hope for the return of Jack.

I liked it and feel we needed something like this after all the torture and torment Kate and Sawyer went through while with the Others.

And, I'm glad to see Danielle back and can't wait to see how she reacts when she gets to meet Alex!!

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I think I am on a different page than everyone.

I did not think was such a great episode. I like Hurley but I just felt it added nothing to the overall "mystery" of the show. Are we back to the numbers now? Did we need to see why he ate so much? Have we learned why he was in the institution yet? Yeah we get it...more daddy issues.

I did like the episode but maybe not for this season.

I know I am in the minority too but Sawyer is just not working for me anymore. I know we are supposed to be loving him but I'm not. It's too easy. He is being written very one dimensional now. I can compare the Jack/Sawyer/Kate triangle(and not even as a romantic one) like Star Wars with Sawyer being the Han Solo character.

I know that liking Jack is very unpopular.
From the beginning I did not care for Jack and still don't really, but his character is intersting to me. He seems to have more behind him or more layers. I like the storyline with the Others and what role Jack is going to play with them. Is this the split of two groups that we heard about a long time ago?

A PhoenixMons Creation

cheezit 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheezit Click to send private message to cheezit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Zomibiebaby,

We're on the same page..this epi...not that good.

03-01-07, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I agree that people thinks it's cool to bash Jack. I happen to like him.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid people are going to start thinking it's cool to be a LOST-basher as well. I'm not calling anyone out on that, just making an observation

I think it's perfectly fine to throw in a episode here and there that doesn't "answer life's big mysteries". I think Hurley said it best, last night - "We haven't had much fun lately".

We did find out that Rousseau has learned her daughter is probably alive...

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 2-28 episode"
I partially agree. I think this must have been stuff from the cutting room floor on past seasons re: Hurley. It didn't really add much new and interesting to the Hurley story line.

I'm still enjoying everyone else, though. It was nice to see everyone back at the beach, interacting. And the discovery of the van (and poor Roger) was fun.

This season I'm starting to enjoy LOST just as much for the character story lines as the mystery. Maybe the producers finally rammed that down my throat enough in interviews, that I started to listen.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Zombs, I lvoe you, but I couldn't disagree more.

I find Sawyer to be an incredibly complex and interesting character, full of surprises. This guy has so many layers, I don't think anyone could ever peel all of them back. And the hints we do get of what is underneath I find incredibly vulnerable, touching, and intelligent.

Jack is just the opposite to me. He strikes me as a massively self-centered and egotistical jerk with a messiah complex. He likes to think of himself as all mysterious and complicated, but I don't see him that way. The more they show me of him, the less I like him and the less interesting he is.

And the whole Others thing just bores me to tears. I don't care about them and I don't care about what happens in their world. I keep hoping that I'll find something interesting in this story line and there have been hints (which have gone nowhere so far) that it is all significant. But, so far, I haven't seen anything that makes me feel invested in that whole thing.

I prefer the beach Losties, hands down. I was so glad for this episode because, finally, the characters I care about and who I invested 2 years of viewing and obsessing about were finally on the screen.

And I thought the last 10 minutes of the show was brilliant. The episode reintroduced us to some best-loved characters interacting wonderfully and then slammed us at the end with some real forward movement in the plot and some great character development for Sawyer. I found it satisfactory in every way.

And, I admit, no Jack or Others made it very enjoyable for me. *shrugs* It just doesn't interest me. Perhaps further developments will change my mind, but I'm not into it yet after all this time.

03-02-07, 09:10 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Geg,

Nice post....

It's weird, but for some strange reason when I read your posts, I hear them in the voice of Sandra Oh from Grey's...

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 2-28 episode"
LOL! That's pretty funny because I'd have to say that of all the characters on that show, she's the one whose personality probably is closest to mine.

Pretty insightful of you.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 2-28 episode"
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

To me we are supposed to like Sawyer and he is easy to like. I agree completely with how you describe Jack...self-centered, egotistical and a messiah complex. He is very hard to like and that is why he is intriguing to me, especially for a protagonist in a show. I still am not sure if Jack is one of the "good guys" or one of the "bad guys". It is very ambiguous.

As for Sawyer he appears to me as a con man who deep down just wants to be loved. Seen it before. But as you say, things could change. I don't dislike him, just find him a cardboard character so far.

A PhoenixMons Creation

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 2-28 episode"
Hooray for this ep!

And hooray for Roger Workman!

Johhny_1ce 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Johhny_1ce Click to send private message to Johhny_1ce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 2-28 episode"
The nice thing about Lost is that it is a show of many faces and themes all rolled up into one. I happen to prefer the more "mystery" oriented incarnations, but this one was interesting, although not in the typically exhilarating way of Lost like in the Desmond episode. Anyway, too much of the same thing becomes a bore. This was inventive and something different. It still felt a bit like falling action though after the reunion on the beach. The one cast member being missing and a need to reunite the whole group is getting a bit played out though. I mean, if Jack made it back, then there wouldn't be much driving the story. Neither can the others and the losties reconcile, because the others have a way to get home, and the show would basically end, since they'd send the losties on their way, unless of course locke, kate, or rose destroyed the boats.

anyway, a little human drama was cool, and now there's a hippie van on the island. maybe they can make use of it somehow, although once that tank of gas is out, that's the end of the van

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-07, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Let us pray..."
for poor Roger WorkMan, who went out on a beer run, flipped over and died and no one ever cared enough retrieve his remains. Or the beer.

Amen.

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-07, 05:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Let us pray..."
Or the
beer

Amen and Amen

DRONES

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •