The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What did everyone think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-04-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"What did everyone think?"
Honestly, I thought it wasn't too spectacular. It was definitely interesting to say the least, but I was a bit frustrated with it. Once again, there's the whole "you'll get the answers you're looking for", and there aren't any, just more questions.

I wanted to see what happened to everybody else, what with the hatch "explosion" or what have you.

If they don't start answering questions soon, I get the feeling their ratings are going to plummet.

Das Mole - PQM Host

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What did everyone think? ohmyheck 10-04-06 1
   RE: What did everyone think? MrBigDog1974 10-05-06 16
 RE: What did everyone think? batts 10-04-06 2
   RE: What did everyone think? udg 10-05-06 5
       RE: What did everyone think? J Slice 10-05-06 6
 RE: What did everyone think? rockdog 10-05-06 3
   Not just you... udg 10-05-06 4
 RE: What did everyone think? zombiebaby 10-05-06 7
   RE: What did everyone think? mrc 10-05-06 8
       RE: What did everyone think? Ahtumbreez 10-05-06 14
           RE: What did everyone think? zombiebaby 10-05-06 15
               RE: What did everyone think? mrc 10-05-06 19
   RE: What did everyone think? weltek 10-05-06 18
       *Spoiler* mrc 10-05-06 20
           RE: *Spoiler* emydi 10-05-06 22
               RE: *Spoiler* dragonflies 10-05-06 28
   RE: What did everyone think? AugustGirl 10-05-06 23
       Ben? Chez 10-05-06 27
 RE: What did everyone think? Rhyn 10-05-06 9
 Disappointed Breezy 10-05-06 10
   RE: Disappointed emydi 10-05-06 17
   RE: Disappointed udg 10-06-06 38
 RE: What did everyone think? brvnkrz 10-05-06 11
   RE: What did everyone think? Breezy 10-05-06 12
 RE: I MISSED IT - WAAAAAAA Maroonclown 10-05-06 13
 Stephen King Dunard2 10-05-06 21
 RE: What did everyone think? HobbsofMI 10-05-06 24
   RE: What did everyone think? Snidget 10-05-06 25
       RE: What did everyone think? HobbsofMI 10-05-06 26
       RE: What did everyone think? CouchTater 10-08-06 43
 Kate's location dragonflies 10-05-06 29
   RE: Kate's location Breezy 10-05-06 31
       RE: Kate's location dragonflies 10-05-06 34
 Could there be a connection between moonbaby 10-05-06 30
   Juliette Das Mole 10-05-06 33
       RE: Juliette Chez 10-05-06 35
           That's right! moonbaby 10-05-06 36
 Juliette and Ben trigirl 10-05-06 32
   Doesn't seem moonbaby 10-05-06 37
       RE: Doesn't seem udg 10-06-06 39
           RE: Doesn't seem AugustGirl 10-06-06 40
           RE: Doesn't seem MollyTV 10-08-06 45
 Episode 1 thoughts idiotcowboy 10-06-06 41
   RE: Episode 1 thoughts mrc 10-06-06 42
   RE: Episode 1 thoughts trigirl 10-10-06 47
 Couple of thoughts realitycoholic 10-08-06 44
 great as usual (well almost) shakes the clown 10-09-06 46
   addicted nonetheless hunterjax 10-10-06 48
 Add to the Loved it list CattyChat 10-10-06 49
   Stephen King trigirl 10-10-06 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-04-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I was disappointed. I would have liked to see everyone else more. And I hated Jack's backstory. I just hate Jack.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-05-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What did everyone think?"
Morning Everyone,

I thought the episode was fine....I don't expect to have everything answered in the first episode. We still have two more seasons after this one to go.

I like seeing a concentrated story to start. If we go scattershot, nothing gets answered at all. Then we hear about how they have lost focus.

I was intrigued by the opening sequence. Juliet plays "Downtown", yet another song from the 60s, but it was on a CD player. Plus the clothing looked very 60s, but you could see it was a Steven King book being discussed.

Hmmm....

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-04-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What did everyone think?"
Looks like I was right about the underwater bunker. I mentioned
it here last year.

The best part of the show was the first few minutes when all of a sudden it's like an earthquake, the 'others' run outside and see the airliner breaking up in the sky.

The rest of the show seemed to be more mysteries.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-06, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I thought the first 5 minutes were the best part of the entire show.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-06, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I loved the opening. So creepy- a huge compound like that! Craphole island must be bigger than I thought.

I'm tremendously sick of Jack. Sarah's line, about how he'd finally have something to fix... she was right. Talk about irritatingly obsessive. I was waiting for something heavy to fall on his head after he kept yanking that ceiling-chain.

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-05-06, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What did everyone think?"
Was it just me or was there a 'Planet of the Apes' moment when Sawyer was but back in the cage.

10-05-06, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Not just you..."
My husband, who has never watched the show, was in the room, and he said that the music (possibly in that exact scene, but definitely one of the scenes w/ Sawyer in the cage) reminded him of Planet of the Apes.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I loved it!

I just keep in mind that this show is like a long epic novel. I don't want all these answers right away or if I do I want more questions!

Otherwise? The show would be over.

Sure I wanted to see the other Lostaways. They will be shown. It was only an hour episode and it went by way to fast!

My big question...are Jack's issues resolved? He found out his wife is happy. Was that his father's voice on the intercom?

A PhoenixMons Creation

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What did everyone think?"
*sits with zombs*

Great episode. That Michael Emerson is one creepy dood! Hopefully, we have resolved some of Jack's backstory so that we can move on to others (or the Others).

That Juliet is intriguing. Will she and Jack hook up now that it seems obvious that Kate and Sawyer (SKate) dig each other?

In case you didn't notice, Zeke was revealed as the show's first gay character. ("You're not my type." Bwahahahaha!)

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What did everyone think?"
skooches zoombie and mrc over, gets cozy

Loved it.

Thought the beginning was an Others flashback. I'm so gullible.

I was prepared they were only going to show the 3. It's been said a bunch lately, so I didn't give it a second thought. Love Sawyer, he's just such a 12 year old.

And glad Jack got some closure, I always thought Sara died, so see one question answered. The place they're keeping Jack was making me feel claustrophobic though!

Poor Kate, she looked so beaten, not beaten up, just beaten. Glad she got put near Sawyer.

I caught that about Zeke too.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I saw someone mentioned it in another place somewhere is that Zeke was the patient Jack was working on in the hospital? Can anyone confirm that?

What was up with Kate's wrists from the handcuffs? SOmething must have happened after we left her with Ben/Henry.

10-05-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What did everyone think?"
You've been cheating on us at lost-forum.com, haven't you? *evil eye*

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff
Those peeps over there are obsessed. Definitely too much time spent online.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I agree Zombie. It wasn't a "thrilling" episode, but it was the taste to set us up for the rest of the season.

It WAS Jack's father's voice on the intercom. The continual resurgence of Jack's father makes me think he's a key to much of this LOST mystery.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

10-05-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
20. "*Spoiler*"
*Spoiler*

Not that many peeps will be thrilled, but supposedly there will be an episode that explains Jack's tattoos, which have some deeper meaning.

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: *Spoiler*"
yeah, I can hardly wait...

If you want tattoos...watch Michael on Prison Break

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: *Spoiler*"
*swoon*

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I'm with the "loved it" crowd. I'm just so freakin' happy its back on I don't care that they didn't address the hatch. Pretty sure that will be addressed next week, in addition to the 3 on the sailboat.

Also glad that Jack got closure. Hopefully he can move on with Juliet. I like her.

Who would have thought that Henry Gale was really a Ben? Ben?!

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J., One for all, all for Janelle!

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-05-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Ben?"
I've been puzzling over what "Ben"'s last name might be. Remember how the orignal Losties' last names had some deeper meaning? Any ideas anyone?

For some reason "Arnold" came to mind for me. (as in Benedict)

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What did everyone think?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-06 AT 08:11 AM (EST)

I really, really liked it. It gives a lot of insight into "the others." The psychological experiments on the captives were brilliant, and it really calls into question the other's assertion that they themselves are "the good guys."

True if by "good guys" they mean fascists, or detached scientists, or creepy commune dwellers. The archetype would seem to dictate that the "scary others" are, in fact, the "good guys" but the experiments (manipulating Kate, breaking Jack, and treating Sawyer like a irrational animal) are really interesting. I'm not sure any twist will satisfy me if they do indeed turn out to be good guys.

Also, did Sawyer not have a bandaid and needle-mark on his arm? I don't think he did, but I might be mistaken.

The woman who came in to work Jack was really great. I liked her role a whole lot. I wonder how she got brought into the circle, and the whole book club scene made me think she was a weak, timid sorta person (and when she spoke up to Ben/Henry, it was out of character... you know, the wimp finding some resolve deep down to finally speak up for herself) but with Jack, she was masterfully manipulative. The transition from book club wimp to psychological torturer is too great. And her shot at Sawyer with the tranq was too... practiced? perfect? She's such an interesting character, as is Henry/Ben.

I am eager to see what happened to the other plane crash survivors, too, but I rather liked the concentrated story last night.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Disappointed"
The opening scene was the only interesting thing that happened. I kept waiting for a secret to be revealed or a truth to be known, or something... anything... seemed like a whole lot of nothing happened.

More Jack backstory? Why? That was a waste of time.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Disappointed"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-06 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

Thank you!! I was just so irritated after the first sequence...

I think they are adding stuff along the way and muddling "their long epic novel" with too much crap...case in pt. I read an article in paper this week that Henry/Ben was supposed to be on the show for 3 eps but then they liked his character so much now he is head of the others....

Enough already with Jack and Kate and Sawyer...If I were Locke and Sayid, I'd let em rot

I was asking dbf some questions about the storyline and he said you know "I just don't care"....I think it's def. going to be watched on DVR from now on and FF could be my new best friend.

So what do you think about Mohinder (from Heroes)...he is Hot! Def. my new no. 1 show!

and

10-06-06, 01:31 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Disappointed"
While I agree that it wasn't the Best Lost Episode EVAR, I did think the Jack back story served a purpose. He has been the Golden Boy for so long--even his flaws weren't horrible flaws--that this really takes him down a notch.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I was disappointed enough that I fell asleep and missed the last 20 minutes.

10-05-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I got a phone call and didn't even bother telling the person to call back after Lost. *yawn*

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I MISSED IT - WAAAAAAA"
I was already to go, scrunched up on the couch, remote in hand and then . . . .the phone rang. It was BIL and nephew outside parked in his new Jeep. They came in, visited for an hour or so.

I missed Lost, DH missed hockey game.

Dunard2 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-05-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dunard2 Click to send private message to Dunard2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Stephen King"
As someone else mentioned, the book club was reading a Stephen King book, but there was another reference.

In the scene when Jack is in the car spying on Sarah, they are playing the music from the end of 'The Shining' (at least I'm pretty sure!!)

King writes an editorial in Entertainment Weekly every other week and he's a huge LOST fan, so this was a nice shout-out

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I don't know....I was up and down on it....

Kate’s wrists were pretty roughed up when she got put in the cage and she was hungry.....so I wonder what happen on the beach....

I'm also a little sick of Jack...and what happen to Hugo? He was captured too and they did not show anything about him.

Plus closing a door that water is pushing in on....not possible unless Julia and Jack are Superwoman and Superman....

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What did everyone think?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-06 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

from the Hurley Wiki entry
After Michael is reunited with Walt, Ms. Klugh frees Hurley, telling him to go back to his beach. She says that his job is to tell everyone else that they must never come to the other side of the island. Hurley asks about his friends, and Henry Gale replies that they will be staying with the Others now. Hurley clearly doesn't want to go, but Jack nods, signaling that it's all right for him to leave, which he reluctantly does.

Which is what I though had happened.

ETA:link

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What did everyone think?"
Yep...now I remember that....

Thanks,

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-08-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: What did everyone think?"
I had forgotten all about Hurley being captured as well. But after being reminded, maybe there is something to the fact that the Others kept the 3 that have some kind of really negative flaw in their character. Although Jack is a Dr. and supposedly "good" as opposed to Sawyer and Kate, we see in his back story that he has a very negative character flaw as in obsessive/stalker.

Hurley on the other hand is an innocent, and therefore "good."

This could be in favor of the idea that the Others are good and are trying to teach the 3 lessons they need to learn.

On the other hand:

Juliet is an interesting character as well. She seems almost to be the one from the Others who might crack. She seemed to be loosing it in the beginning, which suggests that not all is bliss within the Others and that Henry Gale is a dictator controlling type of person who has the Others brainwashed.

I agree with others that the Jack back story is getting old and uninteresting.

Tribey Rocks!

10-05-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Kate's location"
Did anyone notice that whole sequence when Ben & Kate were on the beach, and Kate asked where Sawyer and Jack were? Ben commented on how she said Sawyer first. Maybe they were waiting to see which guy to put her close to?

10-05-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Kate's location"
I wondered that too. Or maybe they were deciding who she would be mated with?

10-05-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Kate's location"
Yes, I thought that too. But what about "The next few weeks are going to be nasty" or whatever he said? Mating with Sawyer wouldn't be too nasty.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Could there be a connection between"
Juliette and Desmond?

She was playing the same song (Downtown) that I think Desmond had on in the hatch, and she looked all sad.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-05-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Juliette"
No, not the same song but they did sound similar.

The one Desmond had in the hatch was the one that went "make your own kind of music, sing your own kind of song" or something like that. At first before Juliette said her name, and before I saw her with all the Others, I thought it was Penelope. And then I realized I was wrong after, of course.

Also...was she telling the truth when she said Jack could trust her, or was that an act too? Everything is always so ambiguous, I can never tell.

Das Mole - PQM Host

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Juliette"
Last year's song (with Desmond in the hatch) was by Mama Cass. What's peculiar is that when I first heard that song last year, I thought it was Petula Clark singing, who of course is the one singing "Downtown" (with Juliette). There is a definite similarity between the two singers' voices. Does this have some greater symbolism?

10-05-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "That's right!"
Huh! I really thought they were the same song. Both from the sixties, anyhoo. My mind's been Dharmatized!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-05-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Juliette and Ben"
Loved, loved, loved it. Don't know how you guys could have fallen asleep...talked on the phone...etc. Loved it!

At the beginning of the book club, it is mentioned that Ben and Juliette are the hosts of the book club, suggesting they are a couple. I think Juliette is Mrs. Big Boss and his equal.

10-05-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
37. "Doesn't seem"
she likes him much. If they were a couple maybe there aren't anymore. I assumed she was in her own house and Ben came out of another after the ground stopped shaking. Did anyone notice any kids in that scene, btw?

10-06-06, 01:35 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Doesn't seem"
I saw the "kid" who was in the other cage during that scene. In fact, I thought he was the one working on the plumbing; although my friend said it was one of the two spies. I'm pretty sure he was the youngest one there.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Doesn't seem"
Your friend is correct. I rewatched it last night and the one working on the plumbing was Ethan.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-08-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Doesn't seem"
was that "tom cruise's cousin" in the cage??? i know there is a william mapother on the credits...was that him??
mollytv

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-06-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Episode 1 thoughts"
I rewatch the episode last night. I liked it. Much better than most of the episodes from last season especially the middle ones where things really bogged down. The opening was brilliant although not quiet as brilliant as last seasons which it mimiced in style and music (the two songs were not the same but very similar).

I thought we actually learned quiet a bit, given we were only shown three of the main characters (we were introduced to another new character Juliet and of course more background on the creapy Ben aka the artist formerly know as Henry Gale). It appears that the Kate choice is Sawyer, while not unexpected is also probably not going to really last either. I just don't see Saywer as a kept man for long, he will eventually break her heart if he's given long enough to do it.

Obviously what we missed was the other castaways, fine with me as long as its something resolved soon, I would much rather a good tight storyline focusing on just a couple of characters than the mess you run into when everyone has to have a role. We only get an hour (40 minutes really), with a cast a large as Lost it doesnt work to have everyone be involved in everything. Plus if you looked close we did get several clues, even if you dont follow the spoiler sites, the actors who play Eko, Locke, AND Desmond all appear in the credits, they are all coming back for the season (although possibly not next week that looks like a Sayid/Jin/Sun epidode on the sailboat). Again that is very similar to last season when we had a raft story, and tail story, and a hatch storyline all being told in different episodes, before being brought all back together over the course of multiple episodes.

So what we learned, well the Others appear to be normal people, as normal as you can be while living in a closed society in a little village on the top of a otherwise "deserted" island... that no one can get to. Clearly they are not completely isolated from the outside world because they have such things as CD players and Steven King books, although since we are talking about "Carrie" and not something newer it is possible they have been isolated for a while (the Jack dossier not withstanding).

In rewatching I got the impression Ben and Juliet do not in fact get along, whether they were at one time close (perhaps even lovers) is possible, but I dont know too many people who would want their EX to join their bookclub... although in such a closed society (and the fact that Ben appears to be the leader) I suppose its not out of the question. I also noted that there were in fact no children in the Other camp. I think it is fair to assume since the Others appear to be very interested in children, and the fact that there were none in the camp suggests that perhaps something in the Others make up prevents them from having their own children.

Next its clear that what they are mostly doing is psychological warfare against the three prisoners. Kate they physically treated delicately but mentally ripped appart. Sawyer they treated as an animal (literally). Jack got the severe mind screwing with the dossier which might include nothing, all that matters is they he believed they new everything even if they didnt. I wonder if perhaps they drugged and interrogated Jack (and Kate) and got the information they were looking for to use for their mind games or whether they are in fact connected to the outside world in a more direct manner. Nothing you see ever really is what it appears to be on the island it seems.

Which leads us to the underwater hatch. Put me in the camp that there is no underwater hatch. It's a clever illusion to simulate underwater. Notice how easy it is for Ben and Juliet to come back and forth from there? Also if the water really was rushing in and they were underwater Jack and Juliet would be dead now, its a trick to make Jack think hes underwater so he wont try to escape again. The same thing with Sawyer, they plant "Chachi" to escape so that Sawyer will see the futility of it and wont try it himself. The Others clearly love the mind games, and if the captives can figure that out they have a fighting chance, otherwise they might as well be pushing a button in a hatch for the next 3 years.

As far as the flashback goes, Jack is pathetic. He drives his wife away then become Mr. Obsessive Stalker dude. Accuses his father of infidelity with her at an AA meeting, and drives him back to drinking which in turn leads to the "accidential" death, and the drinking himself to death in Australia. No wonder Jack questions his own judgement it is clearly bad, and for a hero he is definately severely flawed.

Oh and one last thing, I dont know if I buy the Mr Friendly is gay theory. I got a different feel personally, more of a plantation owner and his slave vibe. He may well be gay, but I think he would have made the same comment to Jack or Sawyer as well, they simply are not his type of person, because he looks at them more like cattle or a subspecies perhaps. All that being said I do think the reason Kate/Sawyer/Jack were selected was because they want them for breeding purposes, and Kate becomes their little baby incubator. Time will tell on that theory, but so far I like the start of the season... is it next week yet?

-ICB

10-06-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Episode 1 thoughts"
The "Zeke-is-gay" theory was actually a spoiler from somewhere.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

10-10-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Episode 1 thoughts"
All that being said I do think the reason Kate/Sawyer/Jack were selected was because they want them for breeding purposes, and Kate becomes their little baby incubator.

My thought as well.

Can we assume that Kate did not eat the yummy breakfast, since she devoured the 'biscuit' Sawyer gave her.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-08-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Couple of thoughts"
...did anyone else get a 'Wizard of Oz' vibe when you saw Ethan's legs sticking out from under the house? I love the constant visual puns the Lost people put in the episodes. I also thought about 'The Stand' as the Stephen King novel for the book club: good versus evil and all that.

As for the entire episode, I thought it was good and I'm looking forward to some fresh storylines this season. Even the worst Lost episode is better than 99.9% of everything else out there!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "great as usual (well almost)"
I'll say the same thing I said last year at this time. If you are upset because you didn't get enough "answers" in the first episode, stop watching, this show is clearly not for you. However, if you don't care about when you get the answers and are more interested in just watchign the story unfold and the characters develop over how many years it takes then by all means this is the show for you.

That said, the one thing I don't like is the lack of a realistic reaction from the plane crash survivors when confronted by events that make no eartly sense. Like the food being dropped in, or the others having a dossier on Jack, or why the others are even there. It seems like they take too much in stride instead of really wondering or asking about where the heck they really are and how they even got there.

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-10-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "addicted nonetheless"
I gotta admit, I don't care about the answers. I feel like I watch every week to see more possibilities. I'm more addicted to the questions the show raises than the need to have answers. I never would have expected the Others to live in this neat little Stepford village. So I liked that a new angle was presented right away this season.

I thought Sawyer's mode of captivity was totally appropriate cause he is a bit of an animal. I love that he is still coming up with nicknames for people. That's my favorite Sawyer trait.

I could have handled less Jack story. I feel with each detail we learn, I like him less. I wish his character was stay the pure hero. I don't understand why they have to corrupt his story.

I hope we get to find out what happened to Kate in between the beach breakfast and her placement in the cage, cause she did not look well when she arrived at the cage.

I look forward to learning the fate of my other favorite characters next week.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Add to the Loved it list"
Finally, my favorite show is back on the air and, as expected, there are many more questions and not many answers.

The beginning was great. Season 1 we saw the front-of-the-plane losties, then last season the tailies' story was filled in and added and now "The Others" from the time the plane crashed. This is getting good. We see that Ben sent out the spies to gather the info. My biggest question is how did they get the "file" on Jack and most likely all the others from the plane? Obviously there is a direct link to the outside world still.

Since Jack is one of my least favorite characters, I could have done with a lot less of Jack this episode. However, at least it showed clearly what I've been getting off his character all along -- huge chip on the shoulder, passive-aggressive obsessive control freak! Oh and very stubborn, too! I did find it interesting that Jack was suspicious that his father was the new man in his ex's life and that following his fight at his father's AA meeting, Daddy fell off the wagon. Jack has to be carrying that guilt with him now, too.

"Ben" wears his creepiness on his sleeve, while I think the book club lady is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She was great in the episode.

I wanted to see under Sawyer's sleeve to see if he also had blood taken. Sawyer added much of the comic relief to the episode, although I cracked up when Ben had the "Then you don't get any coffee" line to Kate.

Why was the boy in the other cage? What was his "crime" and did they kill him after his escape attempt? He sure was beaten up quite a bit.

Can't wait to see what the "next 2 weeks" ends up being. Why are Kate & Sawyer in cages, while Jack is in the fish tank? So many new questions. Wonder how the fish biscuit tastes? Some things just cracked me up this episode.

Loved the Stephen King book & I want to know which one it is. It's obvious now that the Others have direct contact with civilization (files/info on the losties -- music CDs), so it could be any of his books. Why are these people living on this island?

Kind Creation of ARNutz

10-10-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
50. "Stephen King"
Loved the Stephen King book & I want to know which one it is.

It was Carrie. A symbol of Juliette's life perhaps. Outsider, isolated, misunderstood?

I too love that there are more questions that answers. I don't want answers....I want to be puzzled and amazed!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •