The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"All God's Children"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"All God's Children"
Holy religious overtones Batman.

I haven't quite gotten my head around an analysis yet but the imagery cannot be ignored.

I was reminded so many times last night of Madonna's Like a Prayer video. I know that sounds wierd but she could have come tromping through there at any moment in her black lingerie and fit right in.

And Eko's reference to the gold toothed man that saved him obviously refers more to Eko's life change than merely being pushed out of the plane.

And have I said before that I love the guy who plays Eko. He was my favorite in Oz. So creepy yet so wonderful.

Rolly Sig Shop

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: All God's Children sisyphus 01-12-06 1
   RE: All God's Children Maroonclown 01-12-06 2
       RE: All God's Children HobbsofMI 01-12-06 3
           RE: All God's Children weltek 01-12-06 4
           RE: All God's Children Cathy the Canadian 01-13-06 5
           Adewale PepeLePew13 01-14-06 8
               RE: Adewale Maroonclown 01-16-06 9
       RE: All God's Children Cathy the Canadian 01-13-06 6
           RE: All God's Children J I M B O 01-14-06 7
           RE: All God's Children MDSkinner 01-19-06 11
 RE: All God's Children ladro 01-16-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-12-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: All God's Children"
I think he just meant he saved his life......because if he did not push him from entering the plane then he would have died with them......we still don't know what happened afterwards....but wouldn't the people know that he was not a priest but a thug or whatever...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-12-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: All God's Children"
The miltary men thought he was a priest. He wouldn't have to go back from where he came, he could just continue on and build a new life as a holy man. He has his signed documents staing he is a priest.

His cronies were either shot or flying away in the plane. No witnesses.

Rolly Sig Shop

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: All God's Children"
I bet he took his brothers place at his church.....

Oz...I knew I've seen him before but could not figure out what show.....yes, he was great in Oz....I need to rent it so I can find out how it all wrapped up.

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: All God's Children"
I agree that he probably took his brother's place at the church, but when the plane never reached its intended destination, someone came after him. I bet he either was running from them, or trying to find out what happened to the plane (which may have been why he immediately clung to Claire's mention of the VM statues).

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-13-06, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: All God's Children"
Did you recognize Micheal from Oz as well? He was the guy in the wheel chair. The narrator.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Adewale"
Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje was also in "The Bourne Identity" and in "The Mummy Returns", but no question the role he's most familiar in is in "Oz". After this show, he'll prolly be more closely identified with Lost than any other show. Really is a good actor and a good physical presence.

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

01-16-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Adewale"
Little bit of trivia culled from imdb.com

Has a masters in Law from the University of London, but took a different career path when bitten by the acting bug.

Is perhaps best known for his role as the cunning, fierce super-criminal Adebisi on "Oz" (1997).

He went from playing Ernie Hudson's good friend, the guide Kahega to Hudson's Capt. Munro in "Congo," to playing his enemy, the sociopathic Adebisi to Hudson's hard-headed Warden Glynn in "Oz."

He has Nigerians parents

Born on the same day as the Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley.

The son of immigrants from Nigeria, he has played almost entirely African characters despite having been born and raised in England. He usually employs a deep, Nigerian timber while acting, while off-screen he has a very British, somewhat Cockney accent.

He is fluent in several languages including Italian, Yoruba, Swahili, and (of course) English. He can "get along" in a few other languages, including French.

He is a Buddhist and admitted that he had to chant more than usually while playing the brutal character of "Majestic" in Get Rich or Die Tryin' (2005).

I think it would be weird to see him speak with a cockney accent.

Rolly Sig Shop

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: All God's Children"
I'm not convinced that he would just start a new life as a priest right then.

For one, I don't think it would be that easy for him to do. The military might not know he's not a priest, but the villagers that attend the church sure do. They wouldn't just accept him.

And for two, I've seen nothing to suggest he wants to change at this time. I don't think that seeing his brother shot was enough.

If there's one thing I've learned about Lost, it's that it's unpredictable. Eko going and being a priest right away is too predictable.

There's going to be a lot more to his story than that, methinks.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: All God's Children"

i think the whole jist of his flashbacks was that he never did want to be the person everyone thought he was. and i'm not so sure that drug lord/gangbanger to priest is very predictable. i'm not sure how it could be anything other than an immediate change...those aren't professions you gradually transition to and from.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: All God's Children"
I agree with you. I think there is clearly a great deal more to Ecko than what we have seen to this point.

First off, if it was as simple as just taking his brother's place as priest, then what was he doing on the plane?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-16-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: All God's Children"
I also think it was just a reference to the fact that Mr. Gold Tooth (I wonder if he is related to Flavor Flav) pushed him out of the plane.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •