The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two Questions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-11-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two Questions"
OK...there are two questions that I'd really like to be able to answer, here, and I don't know if either one is answerable.

1) How was Sayid able to see Walt in the bushes? I'm pretty sure he did...one person (don't know who?) said maybe he was being sympathetic, but I doubt that; he never said anything and only nodded his head with a look of disbelief when Shannon asked if he was able to see Walt.

2) Whatever happened to the big-a$$ "security system" monster? We haven't seen or heard anything about it for a while now...did Rousseau kill it or something?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Another Question weltek 11-11-05 1
 And more questions calamityc 11-11-05 2
   RE: And more questions weltek 11-11-05 3
       RE: And more questions calamityc 11-11-05 4
           RE: And more questions weltek 11-11-05 5
               RE: And more questions Das Mole 11-11-05 12
   RE: And more questions mrc 11-11-05 7
       RE: And more questions CattyChat 11-12-05 14
 RE: Two Questions skeetergirl87 11-11-05 6
 RE: Two Questions batts 11-11-05 8
   RE: Two Questions mrc 11-11-05 9
       RE: Two Questions volsfan 11-12-05 15
 RE: Two Questions Scarlett O Hara 11-11-05 10
   RE: Two Questions AugustGirl 11-11-05 11
 Two more questions Das Mole 11-11-05 13
 RE: Two Questions HobbsofMI 11-14-05 16
   RE: Two Questions Das Mole 11-14-05 17
       RE: Two Questions michel 11-14-05 18
           RE: Two Questions Das Mole 11-15-05 19
               RE: Two Questions skeetergirl87 11-15-05 20
 RE: Two Questions 1derfool 11-16-05 21
   1derfool jkokoj 11-16-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Another Question"
Have we really examined why "the button is bad," as Walt said?

I'm starting to think it's more than a psych experiment. Does it run the monster/security system? Does it run a system that allows the others to monitor the island? Does it cause planes to crash? does it generate power for the Others camp?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "And more questions"
We never got an answer to what happened to Claire while kidnapped and I am beginning to wonder about Charlie. Once Jack brought him back to life, does he have the "sickness". He sure seems more interested in the baby than he does Claire at this point.
Why do some castaways get the sickness and others are killed?

11-11-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And more questions"
Refresh my memory on the Charlie/Claire kidnapp thing. I wasn't closely following the show at that point.

We they together when taken, and did they both get taken by the same people?

I recalled Claire matching the scratch marks on Rosseau to her memories of being kidnapped, so I assumed Rosseau kidnapped Claire & left Charlie for dead because he was trying to help Claire.

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: And more questions"
Claire was kidnapped and Charlie went looking for her. He was found hanging in a tree, seemingly dead, and Jack finally revived him. We were led to believe that Ethan had Claire at least part of the time.

11-11-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
5. "RE: And more questions"
Ok, right. Now I'm quite confused if Ethan ever did have Claire, or if Danielle got to Claire first.

11-11-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: And more questions"
Well, they make it seem as though Ethan walks up to Claire and Charlie in the jungle, and I actually thought he took both of them, hung Charlie in the tree and kept going on with Claire only.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Ethan did take them for sure, because as Jack went to go looking in the forest it began raining and Ethan said "If you don't stop following, I will kill one of them."

So I'm guessing it was in fact Ethan, lol

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: And more questions"
I thought that Charlie was acting strangely as well, more than just fathering. But if he is part of the Others or infected, why hasn't he done something with Turniphead yet?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-12-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: And more questions"
Charlie acting strange, IMHO, is due to old-fashioned jealousy. He is in love with Claire and trying to position himself as her savior. So, anyone else that Claire may seek advice from, Charlie is threatened by. Nothing sinister, just that he wants to be Claire's man.

We also now have the question that Locke is trying to get the answer to, if Charlie is off the wagon & using heroin again.

A PhoenixMons Production

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Two Questions"
I was wondering about the "monster" too.

I've got another one. Are we going to find out what Walt really said to Shannon and why? The casual viewers probably don't realize that he said anything since it was unintelligable unless you listen to it backwards. Obviously, Shannon didn't know what he said since she never mentions it to anybody. Also there are a few different theories on what he said about the buttons, so which one is right? Did the producers just put that in there for the benefit of us die hard fans?

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-11-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Two Questions"
Two? Questions? I got 500! My first being why John Locke can walk again, and why he found it hard to walk, and was having problems with his leg that time.
Maybe he's an 'other' in transformation, and doesn't even know it.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Two Questions"
Maybe he's an 'other' in transformation, and doesn't even know it.

Batts, I think you're mixing up Invasion and Lost.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Two Questions"
I too would like to know why Locke had so much trouble walking for one episode and has not had any problems lately. Why just have trouble on one episode and never mention it again?

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-11-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Two Questions"
What did Walt say to Shannon?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Two Questions"
TJ has it here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=351&forum=DCForumID77&omm=9

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

11-11-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
13. "Two more questions"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-05 AT 07:45 PM (EST)

Now that I think about it, we've seen the Others three times now:

1) Ethan "Other Man" Rom, who moved in a robot-like fashion when fighting Jack in the jungle.

2) A group of the Others' legs, moving in such a way that was almost zombie-ish, like their legs were dragging behind them.

3) And then there was Exodus Part 2...assuming those were the Others on that boat.

Now the question is...how come the Others move in such a weird way? Are they even people? And if those are the Others that were on that little boat that took Walt, how come they didn't seem to be that way, or talk in the strange way that Ethan Rom did (no contractions, etc.)?

And the other question of mine that I just thought of is, how come the Others seem to be obsessed with children? They take Walt, they steal Claire and her unborn baby, they took Danielle's child, and from next week's previews, it looks like they grabbed children from out of the tailies' camp. What's up w/that?

I say we come up with a Question thread, and you copy and paste the running list into your post, and add on your own question at the bottom. At the end of the whole show, we see how many of them we're actually able to answer, lol. Anyone else up for it?

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Two Questions"
I think the big a$$ security system was damaged or destroyed when Jack dropped the dynamite down the hole to have it let go of Lock.

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

11-14-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Two Questions"
I'm assuming that was in Exodus Part 1? That was like the only episode I didn't see, lol. And that would explain why I didn't know about that.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Two Questions"
Why are the Others obsessed with children?. I don't know if it has been mentionned anywhere but here's my theory: From flashbacks, we know that many survivors have had troubled relationship with their parents. Jack and his drunken father who killed a patient. Shannon's stepmom. Walt who didn't want to go with Micheal since he didn't think of him as his father. And the worst, Locke and his father.

What if it is also the case of the others? They think all parents are bad and they want to save the children, raise them the way they think is right. It could all be the result of a psychological experiment studying parent-children relations that went bad.

11-15-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Two Questions"
Hmmm...could be. The only problem I see with that is the fact that when Jin and Mr.Eko were in the jungle, there appeared to be at least one child with them (with the teddy bear) and they all seemed to be moving in that strange way that's characteristic of the Others, that zombie-like movement...other than that, that sounds like a good possibility.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Two Questions"

>there appeared to be at
>least one child with them
>(with the teddy bear)

Do you think that was a child? It seemed to me that person had adult sized legs and you only saw from the knees down - I would expect to have seen more of a child since they would have been shorter. I got the impression that it was an adult.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Two Questions"
There are a lot of Shannon and Boone questions that we'll never get answers to now, but 2 that really have me wondering:

-- If Shannon was so broke, how and why did she go to Australia where Boone had to 'rescue' her? Was her one year trip to France before her dad died or after she was cut off from the family fortune? Wasn't Walt's mom in France for a while? Seems I recall some mention of it - if so, I had been thinking that she and Shannon met there, making a connection to Walt when he was much younger. It could somehow explain why he appeared to her rather than the others.

-- Did Shannon and/or Jack ever make the connection between Jack's wife being responsible for the death of Mr. Rutherford? We didn't see any indication of it but that doesn't mean much in this show. Is there a chance Jack might figure it out yet, or is that just a 'done and over with' thing now?

I wonder if they'll drop her and Boone completely, or still link them to some situations in flashbacks.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-16-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "1derfool"
The impression I had from Shannon early on was that she used rich guys to get what she wanted. When Boone came to rescue her she was just doing it to get money from him, she really did not want rescued. I think her money issues lead to where she was when she was in Australia.

I think Jack may make the connection at some point now that Shannon has died. Plus I think we still may see Shannon in some flashbacks. The tend to tie things up pretty well I think. Doubtful that Boone will be seen any longer, but I am sure someone who has a better handle on if the actual actors have said anything about upcoming episodes.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •