The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

roulette074 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail roulette074 Click to send private message to roulette074 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
In other words, when the LAST episode finally plays, what would disappoint you for an ending? LOST meaning this or that etc. The meanings of numbers etc. Rescued? You get the idea.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... wandacal 10-03-05 1
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Tamena 10-03-05 2
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Maroonclown 10-03-05 3
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... skeetergirl87 10-03-05 4
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... 1derfool 10-03-05 5
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Snidget 10-03-05 6
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... dragonflies 10-03-05 7
   RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... ladro 10-03-05 9
       RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... dragonflies 10-03-05 12
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... ropefish_3 10-03-05 8
   RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Glow 10-04-05 16
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Steph_Fan 10-03-05 10
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... buckeyegirl 10-03-05 11
   RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... dragonflies 10-03-05 13
   RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Maroonclown 10-04-05 14
       RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... wandacal 10-04-05 15
           RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Maroonclown 10-04-05 17
               RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... wandacal 10-04-05 18
                   RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... Maroonclown 10-04-05 19
 RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT ... bystander 10-04-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-03-05, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
I certainly don't want it to be a dream! AKA: "Dallas".

And I don't want it to be a controlled scientic experiment of how people react to a plane crash.

And I don't want it to be Purgatory.

Lost with PhoenixMons!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
I just don't want it to end period =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Nothing alien related. Alien stuff is always so lame.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
I'm with Tamena - I don't want it to end!!!

But, I know that it will. Here's what I don't want to see: a dream sequence, purgatory, aliens, an experiment, time travel or anything else that seems like it's from a bad 60's SciFi movie. What I want is a satisfactory ending that wraps up all of the loose ends without being contrived or choppy and makes me say "So that's why..." (about a thousand times!).

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
How do I not want it to end?
Picture this as the last scene ever:

A chaotic scene from the show... any scene with pandemonium reigning supreme. Jack, Kate, Locke, ... the whole gang running through the jungle, along the beach... screaming, panting, crying, stumbling, falling ... monster howls in the background... maybe some of that intermittent rain that Locke is so good at predicting ... crashing trees, howling winds, rocks falling down cliffs...

The camera pans out to reveal the scene was playing on a big screen TV. Several people, men and women sitting on comfy chairs and sofas, popcorn and drinks all around. A man holds up the remote, turns the TV off, stands up. He turns to face the others and says... "That was one heck of a pilot episode. No way will this work. How can any writers worth their salt expect a show like that to go over well? There's no way it will fly!! What were you thinking?!?!?! ABC doesn't need another garbage show! We need a good show for the Wednesday prime time slot. Mystery is one thing. Mixing it with survival, occult, science, aliens and a dash of romance???? How can you expect to win an audience with a show that leads you into more of the unknown at every step of the way?? People want ANSWERS! They want a solution it all!!! How can you explain all those unanswered questions, all those impossible coincidences? There's no way you can answer them! You can't! It's impossible! You'd have to leave the audience hanging. There's no way on earth to explain it all by the end of the series. We wanted a winning show! We asked you to come up with one. You didn't even try, you got nowhere on your assignment - you got .... LOST."

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
My main PLEASE ANYTHING BUT THAT NOOOO!!!!! endings are

1) it was all a dream ala Dallas
2) it is all the delusion of some mental patient
3) Alien abduction
4) Unwitting participants in a reality TV show (they were drugged and woke up on a set sort of thing)
5) Any TV show Movie Cross over. No Mulder and Scully rescue them from the aliens that abducted them.
6) They've been dead the whole time, or it was one passenger's near death experiece of any sort.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
No dreams, no aliens, no halucinations or tricks. Also, with some satisfaction, unlike Twin Peaks, which left me quite unhappy. It got too weird.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-03-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
I loved Twin Peaks. I seem to recall that the TV Series never really ended. The last episode Bob's blood leaked down a drain, suggesting that the demon would just take another form, then the show was canceled. I saw the movie twice, and I really don't remember the ending other than Cooper was turned into somekind of loon.

Funny how the only memeber of the regular cast (I don't consider DavidD or JoseF to be regulars) to amount to much after that show was Lara Flynn Boyle, whom to me was the least interesting personality in the cast. I kept hoping they would kill her off.

10-03-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Yeah, me too, about Lara, still see her around every now and again. That was what drove me nuts with the movie, the Cooper ending. I found the series ending very unsatisfying, considering I was just about as obsessed with TP as I am with Lost.

ropefish_3 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-03-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ropefish_3 Click to send private message to ropefish_3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
I would love it if it were something that no one else has speculated yet. Something none of the thousands and thousands of Lost-aholics who dissect each episode for clues have yet to come up with. But I also want (need?) it to be believable, and I'm pretty sure it can't be both believable and something none of the Lost Nation will have thought of.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Yes! I am so with you on that. Believable and unpredictable (unpredicted).

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-03-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Fun question. I'm with the crowd here. No: aliens, dreams, government conspiracies, purgatory.

So far, we've gotten something totally new and original. I hope it stays that way.

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Count me in on the group that doesn't want them to be dead, in a time warp, or alien related. Government conspiracy doesn't really bother me...what I would like is to be totally caught by surprise and go Oh my heck...I also want it to be an actual plane crash, for them to be rescued, and for everything to be explained, but I want it done in Lost fashion, not your typical drama storyline fashion. (If that makes sense)

It's a PhoenixMons

10-03-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
yes, I agree BEG. Having them rescued and all loose ends tied would be good too, but in the Lost sense.

10-04-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Having them rescued would be good but then how about if the story continues post-rescue and they are brought back to a world they no longer recognize? Something like 16 years later?

10-04-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
You? Are freaking.me.OUT.

Lost with PhoenixMons!

I *heart* you for being on this board!

10-04-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
But why? And in a good way or a weird way?

10-04-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Good? Weird? Is there a difference?

Lost with PhoenixMons!

I am absolutely DYING for Wednesday night to get here!!!

10-04-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
Nope. *smooch*

One more sleep to Wednesday

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-04-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Poll Question - How do you NOT want the show to end?"
I would feel let down if the show ends similarly to the movie Identity, where the whole thing happens in the mind of one of the characters. It was good for that movie, and that movie alone.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •