The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Question about the writing........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Question about the writing........"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-05 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

The second episode filled in the gaps for what we were shown in the last few minutes of the first episode. I.E. What happended to Locke and Kate before Jack went into the hatch.

The last few minutes of the second episode are of Jin running to Sawyer and Michael on the beach. I am wondering if we will get a "fill in" of what happened to Jin in episode 3? He obivously got ashore and was captured- but will we get the details like how Kate ended up in the air vent- and will it lead to 108 more questions (like the clock).

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Question about the writing........ GumbyGirl 09-29-05 1
 RE: Question about the writing........ HobbsofMI 09-29-05 2
 I like it. zombiebaby 09-29-05 3
   RE: I like it. TenPin 09-29-05 4
   RE: I like it. PhoenixMons 09-29-05 5
       RE: I like it. ladro 09-29-05 6
       RE: I like it. FarmBoy 09-29-05 7
           RE: I like it. dragonflies 09-29-05 8
               RE: I like it. Addi 09-29-05 9
 RE: Question about the writing........ SurvivorBlows 09-29-05 10
 For What It's Worth - Semi Episode ... Devious Weasel 09-29-05 11
   Agree Completely zombiebaby 09-29-05 12
       RE: Agree Completely Tahj 09-29-05 13
   RE: For What It's Worth - Semi Epis... PhoenixMons 09-29-05 14
   RE: For What It's Worth - Semi Epis... skeetergirl87 09-30-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GumbyGirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-29-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GumbyGirl Click to send private message to GumbyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Question about the writing........"
We saw Kate climb into the air vent last night. After Locke tied her up and put her in the food storage closet, she untied herself, grabbed some candy bars, climbed onto some boxes, pushed open the vent and climbed in. Then she started moving along in the vent until she saw Jack and Locke.

I'm not sure I like the new way that they're writing the episodes... with the storyline holes that are filled in the following week. You kind of assume that they'll let us know what happened (for instance, what was Jin's story last night) but the show was working fine last year. This way just makes things more frustrating, not suspenseful (for me at least).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Question about the writing........"
This year is more cut and flash MTV video editing where last year things were focused and in the time line expect for the flashbacks.....

I'm not sure if I like the change or is it just me?

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I like it."
They had so many loose ends with the finale last year. They are following up with each story line. I look at it as a 3 part premiere.

I don't think they will really continue this way for the whole season.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-29-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I like it."
I don't think they will really continue this way for the whole season.

At least we can hope it doesn't continue after this episode.

Since this season has started we have seen what, about 3hours of island time? Obviously there was a lot going on in that 3hours.

TenPin

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-29-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I like it."
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-05 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

I agree.

I like this format for the beginning of the season...I mean we're not expecting the show to revolve around flashbacks every season, are we? I like that we're jumping around a little bit...otherwise we'd have episodes with just a few characters and now that we know the characters' backstories fairly well, it would suck to have each episode focusing on just a few of the lostaways.

And I also don't anticipate the entire season having this format...but I think it's a great idea for the introduction to this season...I imagine after next week (I too was envisioning the first three episodes as one extended premiere after reading spoilers and 'hints' and such) we'll get a more uniform style of editing. But for now I like it just fine

Got blog?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-29-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I like it."
I griped about the 'no new information' flashbacks in the other thread. I hope the repeatative flashbacks stop, but I think they are including all this old stuff to bring new viewers up to speed on everything, hence I would expect a lot more of the 'no new information' flashbacks in the future.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I like it."
I hope you guys are right because this format could get really annoying- I can see lots of folks fast forwarding though it because they aready know the outcome.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I like it."
fast forwarding though it because they aready know the outcome.

I like the fill in, even though I know the outcome, sort of, I want to see how it all fits together. That's the order seeking person in me I guess.

Addi 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-29-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Addi Click to send private message to Addi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I like it."
The editing is VERY frustrating. I am not enjoying it as much so far this year. My anticipation of this season was high and I am feeling a letdown.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Question about the writing........"
> I am wondering if we will
>get a "fill in" of
>what happened to Jin in
>episode 3?

I hope not, I hated last night's approach, it played like a clip show.

Assuming that Jin got blown into the water and somehow drifted to shore where he was captured shortly before Mike and Sawyer arrived is fine for me -- I'd like to see the story move forward, not short term memory flashbacks that fill in someone else's perspective of what happened the previous week. Yawn.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "For What It's Worth - Semi Episode Title Spoiler Included"
Episode 7 is titled "The Other 48 Days". Considering that we are on day 44, I think it's safe to say that only four more days will pass between now and Episode 7. This may also be our first Ana Lucia flashback episode, although conceivably all of her flashbacks might take place on the island. And Episode 8 is when our two groups get back together.

As for the writing, or the approach thereto, I love it. Absolutely love it. I couldn't disagree more with the argument that we received no new information last night about the hatch.

Look at it like this. If I drive Route 1 to get to Destination A, and you drive Route 2 to get to Destination A, we both end up at Destination A, but we’ve seen different things along the way. Same thing with the first two episodes of this season. The hatch storyline in both episodes ends at destination A, but we received significantly different information about the hatch in Episode 2 than we received in Episode 1.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Agree Completely"
Plus we do learn things from the different "route".

For example:
What the numbers are used for(or at least that the numbers are used for something!)
Shark with logo on it
Food pantry.

I feel the writing is incredible this year and has surpassed last years. The suspense created is palpable. I said it somewhere else but I feel that we have been given answers but my brain just can't put it together.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-29-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Agree Completely"
What the numbers are used for(or at least that the numbers are used for something!)
Shark with logo on it
Food pantry.

To me, those are little crumbs of info and not worth what I had to sit through for the rest of the episode. There was a lot of useless filler--more of Michael's back story that was worthless because we really learned nothing that was particularly relevant, the argument between Sawyer and Michael on the raft--BOOOOring, except maybe for the shark logo, which I didn't even see and had to be told about, and the alternate perspectives of the same hatch plot, which did fill in some gaps about what happened to the other characters, but which could have been done in last week's episode. They just wanted to draw it out.

I really hate the way they are advancing the plot. It's way too manipulative and very unsatisfying. If they continue to string me along between series interruptions, postponements and reruns, I will drop this show. It's really won't be worth my time and energy.

Moves courtesy of Syren

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-29-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: For What It's Worth - Semi Episode Title Spoiler Included"
Maybe there should be a new topic about title spoilers...I have an interesting theory/idea about this title...

Got blog?

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: For What It's Worth - Semi Episode Title Spoiler Included"
I agree. I didn't find the editing annoying at all - except maybe the extended argument between Michael and Sawyer. But, that may come into play in the future some time. In fact, I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode. I liked it because there's so many characters all doing different things and everything that happens to everyone is important. I like seeing the different points of view. Again, I think it will all be important in the future.

You also have to consider that Lost got a lot of new fans this summer or from winning an Emmy that don't have all of the previous episodes memorized like we do. This is new to them and you need to give them some backstory so that they aren't completely lost (no pun intended).

I think that Lost's writers have always kept their writing efficient - if they choose to show us something, it's important - maybe not now, but in the future.

I really love this show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •