The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2 thoughts/questions??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

roulette074 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-22-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail roulette074 Click to send private message to roulette074 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2 thoughts/questions??"
Forgive me if this was brought up before on any of the other 600 threads. lol Anyone notice that in all of the flashbacks death is a topic either for themselves or someone close to them? Getting hit by a car and surviving, or not? A drugie, overdose? A shootout in the bank, death? An unlucky lotto winner? A shootout trying to release that lady in Iraq(?), death? Identifying Jacks dad. Eight months pregnant, early birth, does the mother die during childbirth? The brother and sisters dad, I believe he died? etc etc. Forgive me for not typing in all names, you get my drift though. Also, LOST has many different definitions. Everyone I think is focusing on being lost on this island etc. What about they are dead and their souls are LOST? Just my two cents folks. Thanks-- Ken
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nope. Cathy the Canadian 09-22-05 1
   RE: Nope. roulette074 09-22-05 2
       RE: Nope. Cathy the Canadian 09-23-05 3
           RE: Nope. mommy2bree 09-23-05 4
 RE: 2 thoughts/questions?? silentJ 09-27-05 5
   RE: 2 thoughts/questions?? weltek 09-27-05 6
   RE: 2 thoughts/questions?? roulette074 09-28-05 7
 RE: 2 thoughts/questions?? I am lost 09-28-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-22-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nope."
J.J. Abrams addressed the "purgatory" theory in an interview.

""The purgatory one is a great one, I love that theory — but it isn't what it is. I'd be frustrated if that were the answer I have to say," he said.

So the survivors are not in purgatory and it's not a dream. And producers say there is a logical explanation for everything.

Check it out:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Entertainment/story?id=732221&page=1

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-22-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail roulette074 Click to send private message to roulette074 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nope."
I'm sure you are correct, however I have a question on that logic. So does that mean any GUESS asked to the "producers" will get an automatic "No,thats not it". What are they suppose to say if its guessed correct during an interview? Only curious. Ken

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-23-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nope."
I don't think it means any guess will get an automatic "no".

I'm surprised he commented at all, and would have expected something like, "who knows, maybe, you'll have to watch..."

But when the guy gives a flat out "no, that's not it", I think he means it. People would feel too duped if it turned out to be that after all.

But hey, you're not alone. My sister-in-law still swears they're all dead too!

mommy2bree 253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy2bree Click to send private message to mommy2bree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nope."
Yeah, a lot of people subscribe to the Purgatory theory. I admit it did cross my mind during the first season, but now I don't think so. I think something way crazier is going on on that island.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-27-05, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 2 thoughts/questions??"
Roulette may be on to something. Not lost souls in a literal sense, but more figuratively. The main characters seem to have lost thier way in life. Charlie had lost control, Jack had lost his faith, Sawyer had lost faith in humanity, Walt had lost his family, Jun lost her love, Locke his independence. maybe they've been brought to the island to find what they've lost.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 2 thoughts/questions??"
I think that's been part of the assumption from the begining. Locke has commented that the island brought them all here for a reason & made various other comments that leads me to believe His character prescribes to the "finding themselves again" theory.

I don't think it's THE theory that will explain it all in the end, just a thread in the writing that helps weave a good story.

09-28-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 2 thoughts/questions??"
Maybe not lost souls as I think BUT NO WAY lost meaning their physical bodies being LOST. I think most (not all) agree with that. - roulette

I am lost 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I%20am%20lost Click to send private message to I%20am%20lost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 2 thoughts/questions??"
Great theory ken! I never thought of it that way. Maybe when they deal with their own internal "demons" then they will be "found".

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •