The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until the West Coast gets to find out that nothing's gotten any better since the last disaster.

There's been times when I've shared my local paper's TV critics with you, especially since they've got a little bit of basher in them. I'd like to do it again now. Ready? (Warning: contains spoiler -- never mind, forget where we were... but if you want to, skip down Really Fast.)
'During the first boardroom of The Apprentice season four, Donald Trump tells a hot-headed contestant who's promising to reform "People don't change. People really don't change."

Neither do reality shows that have gone bad.

Trump and producer Mark Burnett have tried to fix what ailed the one-time phenomenenon during its last two installments. They've tackled a few minor symptoms. Last season's bogus book smarts vs. street smarts arrangement (as if degree-ophile Trump would ever hire someone without a college diploma) is gone, with the teams once again split by gender.

"The reason I like doing it this way is, sometimes it's hard telling you apart," The Donald admits. "This is easier."

And the exemption rule for the winning team leader, which mainly encouraged loafing by people who often did little to earn the reward, has been modified to the point where we may never see it used again.

But the larger problems remain. Trump is still marinated in his own bluster and self-love, and the contestants are still, for the most part, idiots who shouldn't be allowed to manage a convenience store, let alone be given the phony job title of "running" one of Trump's companies. These people still think, for instances, the the only way to market an event in New York is to hand out flyers to pedestrians; the first time anyone on this show ever uses the word "Craigslist," he or she should automatically advance to the final two.'

(Alan Sepinwall, Newark Star-Ledger.)

*sigh* You'd think they'd have figured out the 'flyers don't work' thing by now, wouldn't you?

Oh, well. Now that we know it's going to suck, let's see which aspects have the most raw blow force. (Isn't it nice to go into a season with absolutely no hope? It saves so much time!)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 1
   RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 2
       RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 3
           RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 4
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 5
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 6
   RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 7
       RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 12
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 8
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 9
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 10
   RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 11
       RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 13
   RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... davwav02 09-22-05 14
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 15
   RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 17
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 16
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 18
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 19
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... RealityRyan 09-22-05 20
   RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 23
   I thought it was a vibrator phone. Coconut 09-22-05 35
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 21
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 22
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 24
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 25
 And the winner is... volsfan 09-22-05 26
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... volsfan 09-22-05 27
 RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Se... ARnutz 09-22-05 28
   The quote of the night... volsfan 09-22-05 29
       RE: The quote of the night... ARnutz 09-22-05 30
           RE: The quote of the night... volsfan 09-22-05 31
               RE: The quote of the night... ARnutz 09-22-05 34
               Melissa Hung Herself . . . FFantasyFX 09-22-05 36
 Wow RealityRyan 09-22-05 32
   RE: Wow volsfan 09-22-05 33
       RE: Wow Flairmarq 09-22-05 37
           Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful realityshowgeek 09-23-05 38
               RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beaut... volsfan 09-23-05 39
               RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beaut... lindan 09-23-05 40
                   RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beaut... Moother 09-23-05 41
                       RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beaut... lindan 09-25-05 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Hmmm... so I can just view the epsisodes from last season and insert new names where appropriate?

Wonder if anyone else will be torturing themselves tonight?

Hey, if nothing else, it MUST be better than Big Brother, right?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I will be here. Nothing else on I want to see.

09-22-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Here we go! Oh, the intro is different. I wonder if it's just for tonight? DT is definitely DAWing it up!

Hi Vols!

09-22-05, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I had totally forgotten just how much The D screams when he tries to talk.

There are some cuties...WOO and HOO!

Hey Nutz!

09-22-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Donald talked for 3-4 mins telling us how great these peeps are and how tough this competition will be.

09-22-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Team names in intro: Capital Edge (ladies) and Excel (men).

09-22-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I noticed that. I don't know if I like the names but I guess that isn't important.

09-22-05, 09:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Capital Edge sounds like a credit card & Excel is a friggin' software program, LOL!

09-22-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Just to shake things up they are sent to Trump National Golf Course.

09-22-05, 08:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Clay proclaims his gayness right off the bat and that the women will become his instant friends (he said this in confessional). He didn't tell everyone.

Team name and project manager has to be picked. The PM is only exempt if the team votes that person PM.

Their first task will be to create a new fitness gym for Bally.

09-22-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
WTF??? Donald says "come up with a team name & a project manager and I'll call you later", then almost instantaneously he's assigning the task?

He sends them running off for the helicopter, two peeps will get an advantage by going up in it?

09-22-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
11. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The men won but I couldn't tell which two got the ride.

09-22-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I know! It'll take a few episodes to sort out who's who.

One of the ladies was upset that the guys would get their choice of location by getting to the helicopter first.

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-22-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail davwav02 Click to send private message to davwav02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So they showed the teams along with the team names in the credits, yet when they meet on the golf course, he asks them to come up with a team name. Way to go NBC, you're almost as bad as CBS on editing.

09-22-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Donald's Lesson: Getting along with people is the key to success.

09-22-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Well Melissa and Markus are the two in trouble already

09-22-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
16. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-05 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

Markus is the PM for the men. He didn't want to be PM at first but said if everyone voted for him he would take it.

The guys pick two New Yorkers to go and look at the places because they would know the area.

Christy wants to take PM for the women and they let her do it.

The women get a spot in Spanish Harlem and the men got the 20th street place.

The women immediately go into the information gathering process and start asking roughly what the peeps in the club are all ready paying. Then the women start arguing about what they are going to charge customers. Melissa is saying that she is Hispanic and she knows what she is talking about.

The men are talking about how many classes should be taught in a day. They argue for 30 minute classes or 45 minute classes.

09-22-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Markus & Kristi are the PMs.

There are problems with both teams (gee, what a surprise!).

The ladies are battling Melissa (the "hispanic" one) about what to charge for their exercise class in the bally's of Spanish Harlem. Kristi said we're not going to do this. It stops now.

The guys are arguing about how many classes to offer 7-30min. classes or 5-45 min. classes. Their location is Chelsea? Markus just made a possible fatal PM error in asking the guys to make the decision for him.

09-22-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
19. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Randal just found out that his grandmother died!

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-05, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
ring ring ring ring ring ring ring... banana phone!

That suite is garishly horrific... it's better than Trump's own knick-knack nightmare penthouse though

09-22-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
23. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
It's supposed to be Feng Shui! LOL!

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "I thought it was a vibrator phone."
But now you have to die for putting that song in my head. I JUST got it out after having Raffi on repeat for two weeks.

Consistency, thy name is toddler.

I'm joking. Honest.

09-22-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The women are hoofing the street in order to get peeps to come in for a free exercise class.

The men are doing a 1/2 class and have posted flyers everywhere but they are signing up existing customers and charging a one time fee.

The D calls Markus to find out the PM and name but D interrupts him a few times.

09-22-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
22. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Randal's grandma died, he is torn about it and the fact that he's there.

OMG!!! The ladies have frickin' flyers to hand out! They are in the wrong neigborhood for that type of marketing! Plus, the flyers say "triple XXX threat" and one fo them is concerned about the possible negative stripper connotation.

09-22-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
24. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Carolyn asks Melissa how the PM is doing and she (Melissa) gives Carolyn an ear full at how she (Melissa) is doing everything and there are organizational problems.

09-22-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
25. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Looks like the guys had more peeps in their first class than the women but it appears the women pulled off a few more by the end of the class. It could be close.

09-22-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
26. "And the winner is..."
The women brought in $516
The men brought in $527

The men win.

09-22-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
27. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Only two peeps vote to give Markus an exemption. So Markus will not have immunity next task.

The D is going to fly Markus to the funeral of his grandmother!

09-22-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
28. "RE: D-Apprentice (Trump Classic) Season #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ladies earn $516 and the guys earn $527. Excel votes and only 2 members think he should be exempt (Adam & Randal) The guys will go to the Friar's Club.

Randal stays behind in the BR and DT asks if he wants to quit b/c of his grandmother. He says his G'ma would want him to stay, so he will stay. Trump will fly him to Philly for the funeral. (That was nice)

09-22-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
29. "The quote of the night..."
This isn't Kristy vs. Melissa...this is Melissa sucks!

09-22-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The quote of the night..."
In the BR...

Alla brought up a good point, Melissa distracted them and they only missed this task by one sale!

Trump tells Kristi she can bring back 2 people and she only brings one... MELISSA!

09-22-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The quote of the night..."
Thank Gawd! Melissa was beginning to remind of Yellvette and I soooooooo put that show behind me.

09-22-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The quote of the night..."
Omigawd yes!!! Thank goodness we don't have to deal with her for 15 more weeks! Yikes!

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-22-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Melissa Hung Herself . . ."
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-05 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

When she got back into the boardroom, she did exactly the right thing - pound Kristi on her very really mistakes during the task, while expressing contrition for negative attitude. Had she kept up with that line of attack, she might have survived the boardroom . . . but she just had to run her mouth off and make the bizarre argument that the other women are jealous and intimidated by her . . . I swear . . .

These contestants are supposed to be smarter and more suave than the ones last year, right?

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Wow"
Melissa is the total package... she's racist, sexist, dellusional, and a hypocrite. Trump sure knows how to pick em.

09-22-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Wow"
She would have fit in perfectly with this past BB cast. She has all bases covered.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-22-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Wow"
So, anyone worries that the women are in huge trouble?

Btw, we have the psycho out early--it usually takes a week or two.

http://notsoblah.blogspot.com

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-05, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful"
No, we dislike you becuase you're loud, obnoxious, opinionated, grandiose, and just plain stupid!!! Her argument, to Carolyn about why she does not get along with women and why the other members of her team wants her gone is because she's smart and beautiful and they're intimidated by her. This is a common problem she has with women. WTF!!! And she was using this defense with another woman. So what does that say about Carolyn? She jealous and intimidated too, I guess. Two words for that one: CRA ZY!!!

09-23-05, 08:01 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful"
I was so hoping Carolyn would tell her that she didn't consider her as a threat of any kind. It is people like Melissa that try and bully their way through life.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful"
Yeah. Melissa gets my vote of both:

1. Having the worst boardroom defense in the history of Apprentice

2. Having the worst taxi cap ride confession speech.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful"
Actually last season I think there was some girl that kept saying she couldn't help it if she was beautiful and that people had always punished her for it and did not consider her brain. I can't even remember her name right now but I didn't totally dislike her until she started saying those things.
As for Melissa, she obviously was delusional(SP?) She was ok, but not what I would have thought of as beautiful. Loving yourself is great, but you can keep it to yourself as well.
Just thrilled they got rid of her quick because just listening to her yammer gave me a headache! I also had a moment's fear that they might keep her just for DRAMA!

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful"
I think you were referring to Audrey.

At least in Aurdrey's situation, John and other teamates did tell her that she's beautiful but nothing else. It is understandable that she got annoyed by that. However, Melissa's behaviour both inside and outside the boardroom really drove me nuts. Just as other posters have said, thank god that I don't have to see her for another episode.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •