The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Uneven Events?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

NanaWolf 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-06-05, 05:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NanaWolf Click to send private message to NanaWolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Uneven Events?"
Is it just me or does it seem like the final events are lopsided? It seems to me that Tana was given a more important event. DT is s huge NY booster and I think he might be inclined to favor the "Olympics" event. Since this event is specifically designed to help NY "win" the 2012 Olympic games, I think he might want this task to "win" for the Apprentice. Tana is going to have a big International event with lots of different activities going on with spectacular outdoor backdrops while Kendra is stuck with a bunch of folks in a convention hall playing video games - not much in the way of visuals or excitement. I am hoping that Kendra wins it but as soon as I saw the task assignments, my heart sank.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Uneven Events? mickeyvon 05-06-05 1
   RE: Uneven Events? kahanasunset 05-06-05 2
       RE: Uneven Events? DontGetMeStarted 05-06-05 5
           RE: Uneven Events? NanaWolf 05-06-05 6
           RE: Uneven Events? madkata 05-11-05 24
 RE: Uneven Events? tannl 05-06-05 3
   RE: Uneven Events? Flairmarq 05-06-05 4
       RE: Uneven Events? tannl 05-07-05 12
   RE: Uneven Events? FlamingCactusIT 05-06-05 10
       RE: Uneven Events? tannl 05-07-05 11
           RE: Uneven Events? FlamingCactusIT 05-10-05 23
 RE: Uneven Events? Pretty_Kitty 05-06-05 7
 RE: Uneven Events? tralala 05-06-05 8
 RE: Uneven Events? Fishercat 05-06-05 9
 off topic NanaWolf 05-07-05 13
   RE: off topic ARnutz 05-07-05 16
       RE: off topic NanaWolf 05-08-05 20
 RE: Uneven Events? Laura lynn 05-07-05 14
   RE: Uneven Events? kahanasunset 05-07-05 15
       RE: Uneven Events? Fishercat 05-07-05 17
           RE: Uneven Events? kahanasunset 05-07-05 18
               RE: Uneven Events? Fishercat 05-07-05 19
   RE: Uneven Events? KendraFan 05-09-05 22
 RE: Uneven Events? ginger 05-09-05 21
 RE: Uneven Events? CouchTater 05-12-05 25
   RE: Uneven Events? halfpintlemon 05-12-05 26
   RE: Uneven Events? NanaWolf 05-12-05 27
 OPPOSITES!!!!! sorgee 05-13-05 28
   RE: OPPOSITES!!!!! kahanasunset 05-13-05 29
       RE: OPPOSITES!!!!! imeldawannabe 05-13-05 30
           RE: OPPOSITES!!!!! sorgee 05-17-05 32
   RE: OPPOSITES!!!!! NanaWolf 05-14-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mickeyvon 35 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mickeyvon Click to send private message to mickeyvon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Uneven Events?"
I had the exact same reaction. I think it's lame to begin with that the final 2 comes down to two completely different challenges. All of a sudden, after a whole season of head-to-heads, the final decision comes down to apples vs. oranges. Just like you said, Tana gets to show off NYC while Kendra plays video games in a basement. The show highlights DT, NYC and the players (in that order), so this challenge is just a vehicle to endorse NYC. Of course, the true organizers would never jeopardize this opportunity by letting an amateur organize it, so it will be successful in the end probably regardless of Tana's job. After the tasks were assigned, I'd be more than surprised if Kendra wins it all. A lame ending to the season.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-06-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Uneven Events?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-05 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

mmmmm, I beg to differ on Kendra not winning. She will. Do agree on the tasks, however. Obviously they're not going to let this 'basement' thing lie. Ugh. So pedestrian as to be laughable.

A much more suitable venue will materialize overnight.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Kendra has really good ideas though, she see angles... that is an advantage she needs to play upon. If Tana can see 'big' though that will be what will make her lead... although I was kind of dissapointed that she didn't see 'big' during the tee shirt eppy when they didn't push the 'designer name'..
Maybe she will remember that though....

05-06-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NanaWolf Click to send private message to NanaWolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Uneven Events?"
>Kendra has really good ideas though,
>she see angles... that is
>an advantage she needs to
>play upon.

You're right. In fact when the Sony lady said "I hope to see changes in 24 hours" (or something like that) I did think that Kendra might pull another allnighter and save the event. (of course she'll have to make sure her 3 "assistants" don't get anywhere near it. Maybe she can force them to stay in their rooms while she works all night.

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 05:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Uneven Events?"
That was a HUGE boo-boo on Tana's part but it's just because of her upbringing/culture where T-shirts are to be bedazzled, not limited edition collections. For what she knew, she did great.

I'm banking that TANA LEARNS FAST and she'll remember this lesson big time.

GO TANA!

tannl 93 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Uneven Events?"
In past final events, the contestant with the easier task is the one who usually wins. It is how trump and the show’s producers control who wins.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-06-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Uneven Events?"
The advice I would have given Kendra--micro manage. It seems to be the way to go. With her event, she doesn't have to worry about so much about a lot of things going on in different parts of the building, while Tana is probably going to be running all the time in the next episode.

But I do hate that Tana's task seems more important than Kendra's. But Kendra's is a more safe task. With the athletic event, it's either it will be great, or it will be a diaster.

I am thinking Kendra will win.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

05-07-05, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Uneven Events?"
>
>But I do hate that Tana's
>task seems more important than
>Kendra's. But Kendra's is a
>more safe task. With the
>athletic event, it's either it
>will be great, or it
>will be a diaster.
>
>

I agree with you. Tana's task is not only more difficult but she was given three toxic workers to help her.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Actually, I remember watching some kind of "behind the scenes shows", and if my memory serves right, it said that the Bill vs. Kwame final tasks were selected on a coin toss that Bill won. Therefore, he chose to host the Golf Tourney instead of a much more confusing Jessica Simpson Concert.

05-07-05, 07:38 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Uneven Events?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-05 AT 07:39 AM (EST)

>Actually, I remember watching some kind
>of "behind the scenes shows",
>and if my memory serves
>right, it said that the
>Bill vs. Kwame final tasks
>were selected on a coin
>toss that Bill won. Therefore,
>he chose to host the
>Golf Tourney instead of a
>much more confusing Jessica Simpson
>Concert.
>
>
>

No, the tasks for Bill and Kwane were not decided on a coin toss. Trump just told them what their assignments will be.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Uneven Events?"
The Coin Toss was edited out.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Both women have a huge amount of work to do I think what it will come down to is who managed the their team of idiots better

I think given a decebt crew they could both do a fantastic job I couldn't be happier with the final two

tralala 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tralala Click to send private message to tralala Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Uneven Events?"
I'm wondering if DT didn't do this intentionally.

He may have been more reserved about Tana so he gave her more a bit of a handicap to see how she handles it.

Kendra may do a Kendra-special (solo all-nighter) and transform the basement into a hip arcade, but I'm not sure this will look good to DT. She *should* be able to manage Erin,Danny, and Michael, each of whom have strengths if she has the fore-thought to utilize them

Tana's task being tougher and her team is worse (definitely more unmanagable) but if she can pull this off, it'll be hard to argue that she doesn't deserve to win.

I've been a Kendra fan for quite a while (AND I'm from Tana's hometown), but at this point I really feel it's anyone's game.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-06-05, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Culturally, you are right, Tana's event is more important. With that said, the basketball game (Jennifer) was star-studded with well known NBA superstars and even the NBA Commissioner IIRC. The polo match (Kelly), hell, it's a polo match. Can anyone here name anyone who plays polo? Kelly won last season fairly easily.

If I had Kendra's event, I'd be pretty happy, although she does have problems to overcome. In a videogame tournament setting, one minor electrical malfunction (say, one kiosk failing to work) can set back a tournament for at least one game-time, easily more, which can skew the schedule's event such as that for a while. Second, the more I think about it, the more difficult the sponsor situation is for Kendra. OK, she has been given an exclusivity agreement with EA Sports so only their games can be shown in the ballroom. No problem there. However, they need to satisfy the Playstation crew or she is absolutely screwed. Playstation can pull their sponsorship and kiosks, and there is no tournament. Likewise, you promote Playstation like they would really prefer, EA might be pissed. It's tough. Not to mention, the place, for a final task on a big television show, is borderline dumpy. Tana, while covering a big area, has a lot of things set. The fields are there, the track is ready, everything looks good and I assume getting everything together is her job. Kendra's team has to both set up the tournament and clean up the area.

A generous Icecat donation

05-07-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
13. "off topic"
Hey, I just realized I have a DAW level! I didn't realize they were assigned automatically. I feel so cool!!!

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: off topic"
Awww! You're so cute! It's fun to watch it increase as you post and see what each range of levels are called.

Welcome to the boards!!!

Oh and you are right! These tasks are quite unbalanced. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

A J Slice original (c)2004

05-08-05, 06:39 AM (EST)
20. "RE: off topic"
ARnutz! 4555 postings! I am humbled before you.

Laura lynn 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laura%20lynn Click to send private message to Laura%20lynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Uneven Events?"
sadly when I heard that Tana received the Oylmpic task my heart sank too. If history repeats itself Tana will win no matter what Kendra does.

Bill had the prestigous "golf tournament" with Carolyn helping, as opposed to Kwame who had a Jessica Simpson concert.

Kelly had the prestigous "Polo outing" with Carolyn as opposed to a NBA basketball game.

Tana gets the prestigous "Olympic bid" with carolyn working with her in the limo.. they looked like they were working very closely together....as opposed to Kendra with a video game tournament yes we saw George for a moment shaking his head.

I think Carolyn is the key.

As mentioned in the above posts J Simpson and NBA stars are important to most of us but it is the "prestigue" in a polo match...golf tournament... that the rich upper class attend.

As for the Olympic bid that seems more important as Trump would be promoting the city he loves as opposed to a video game tournament in a basement of an old building...

Just my opinion....

05-07-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Bill had the prestigous "golf tournament" with Carolyn helping, as opposed to Kwame who had a Jessica Simpson concert... Kelly had the prestigous "Polo outing" with Carolyn as opposed to a NBA basketball game... Tana gets the prestigous "Olympic bid" with carolyn working with her in the limo... I think Carolyn is the key...

Just my opinion.

And good ones. And if Kendra were a wife/mother the playing field would definitely be more level, with just as pretigious a task.

05-07-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Uneven Events?"
I'm afraid I don't follow the wife/mother comment. Can you elaborate for me?

05-07-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Just that Carolyn likely relates a little more to Tana since they are both wives and mothers. That shouldn't enter into the final decision, obviously, but who knows whether it actually will? I personally think Carolyn is impressed with both Tana and Kendra, and most likely George and DT are too.

BTW, I disagree with those who say there are no good contestants this season. First, that is disrespectful to the final contestants who are both quite capable. Second, IMO it is disrespectful to women in general.

05-07-05, 06:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Uneven Events?"
Thanks.

I too disagree on the concept that there are no good contestants, rather I believe that there aren't as many. Consider Craig made the Final 3. Only watching A2, I think both Sandy and Kevin (along with the Top 2) wipe the floor with him. A lack of depth really.

KendraFan 29 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KendraFan Click to send private message to KendraFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Uneven Events?"
That is an outstanding point.

This will only further demonstrate that Kendra is the greatest Apprentice ever when she wins!

GO KENDRA GO!

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Uneven Events?"
They should have the tasks outlined in sealed envelopes, and then have the final two candidates choose em. They could flip a coin on who got to choose or something.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Uneven Events?"
>>>Since this event is specifically designed to help NY "win" the 2012 Olympic games, I think he might want this task to "win" for the Apprentice.<<<

Helloooo... does anyone else out there really believe that an event with the really important purpose of winning the 2012 Olympic games for NY would be put in the hands of an inexperienced person? Tana is not really going to put this on. She must have just gotten a small role in this whole factor. Unless, the Trumpster promised the powers that be that he would fix anything that would cause NY to not win because of any mishaps due to the inexperience.

Therefore, I don't believe that the tasks are lopsided. One looks more prestigious, but I really don't think that the Olympic event can be that important because if I were the powers that be in NY, there is no way I would allow some amateur's work have a factor in such an important event.

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Uneven Events?"
That makes sense.

05-12-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Uneven Events?"
>Helloooo... does anyone else out there
>really believe that an event
>with the really important purpose
>of winning the 2012 Olympic
>games for NY would be
>put in the hands of
>an inexperienced person? Tana is
>not really going to put
>this on.

I totally agree with you that Tana will not have much of an impact on the success or failure of the task itself. What I was saying was that her task is more of a star maker and whichever candidate got to be associated with it was given a huge advantage. - reflected glory and all that. I'm just sorry it wasn't Kendra ...

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "OPPOSITES!!!!!"
personally, i think that the task assignment was 100% right on based on the editing that they have been given.

sit back and rewatch the last two episodes. take notice of the areas that each of the contestants seemed to lack in. now think way back to the other tasks that they have done well in. each contestant got the final task that gave them the greatest potential to have to perform outside of their areas of expertise.

kendra's experience is grounded in money, tradition and prestige.

tana's experience is grounded in trends, culture and youth.

the olympic event would have been a perfect fit for kendra (bet she wouldn't have messed up the brochures, kept the governor waiting or misse dthe American flag) and the videogame event would have been perfect for tana (she could have resurected her hip hop voice and she would have had that basement looking like one heck of an awesome gaming area).

the donald threw them out of their comfort zones and made them perform. base don teh editing, kendra did a much beter job. however, we all know that we aren't getting the whole story!

05-13-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
29. "RE: OPPOSITES!!!!!"
"the donald threw them out of their comfort zones and made them perform."

Well, at least there's one thing about these past two shows that has merit.

imeldawannabe 57 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imeldawannabe Click to send private message to imeldawannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: OPPOSITES!!!!!"
The other thing I found lopsided about the two events is the timing.

Tana needed to be ready to go, everything done at 10:30 A.M. when the Govenor's assistant arrived.

Kendra's event did not start until the evening. She had at least 8 more hours of time to work.

The other is Tana dealt with lots of high profile people fromt the Olympic commitee, to the atheletes to the people she had to impress; whereas Kendra just had to deal with a few sponsors and many gamers.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-17-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: OPPOSITES!!!!!"
"Tana needed to be ready to go, everything done at 10:30 A.M. when the Govenor's assistant arrived."

that's not true. tana simply needed to have the mayor's instructions solidified and his plans firmed by the time the mayor and/or his assistant got there. she screwed up ROYALLY by not having a "handler" for him and his assistant.

05-14-05, 06:12 AM (EST)
31. "RE: OPPOSITES!!!!!"
each contestant
>got the final task that
>gave them the greatest potential
>to have to perform outside
>of their areas of expertise.
>
>the donald threw them out of
>their comfort zones and made
>them perform.

What an interesting observation! That helps explain why Tana was able to perform well on many tasks during the season and then crash and burn so badly on her final task. During the season, she was able to find tasks that were a good fit for her and only take leadership on ones that she was comfortable with. As the bodies fell, she had to take on more tasks outside her abilities (witness the cab ride to find the beadazzler) As much as I want Kendra to win, my heart broke for Tana. I can't imagine watching the last episode with my friends and family. I would have been sobbing in embarrassment by the end.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •