The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Until low ratings do us part."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-08, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Until low ratings do us part."
Is it the twist? Is it being up against American Idol two out of three times per week? Is it just that the hamsters are really, really unwatchable? Whatever it is, the show is currently tanking. For the Wednesday episode, the Nielsen estimate is 3.3 -- two-tenths ahead of ANTM and behind every other network offering.

By contrast, AI pulled in a 16.6.

Track the ratings here from week to week as you see fit -- and try to guess how low they might drop. Do I hear 2.9 for Sunday? 2.6? Thee.Me? (And at this rate, I'm not sure about me.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Until low ratings do us part. Snidget 02-21-08 1
   RE: Until low ratings do us part. Estee 02-21-08 2
       RE: Until low ratings do us part. Wacko Jacko 02-22-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-08, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Until low ratings do us part."
How low were Pirate Master's ratings before they yanked it to internet only?

Would they do that to the Chenbot?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-08, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Until low ratings do us part."
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-08 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

I can't find a week-by-week tracker, but the premiere came in at 4.7. It was down to 1.5 by July 17th, and was canceled six days later.

According to Wikipedia, the show had ratings problems everywhere:

'In the UK from episode 5 onward, the show was moved from its Sunday night primetime slot on Sky's main entertainment channel Sky One to Monday nights at 6 p.m. on Sky Three; a channel which usually only shows content from Sky One but on a 12-18 month delay. The final episodes were aired on Sky Three at 7 a.m. on a Saturday mornings. In Australia, free-to-air Channel Ten moved the show from its 7.30 p.m. Tuesday timeslot to Sunday afternoons on July 27. CBS moved the show from Thursday at 8 p.m. to Tuesday at 10 p.m. After continued low ratings, CBS canceled Pirate Master on July 23, 2007 and has shown remaining episodes on CBS Innertube.<1>'

Oh, and did you know Azmyth was in the last Pirates Of The Caribbean movie? Do you care?

You do kind of have to wonder if the hat drugs had worn off by then.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-22-08, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Until low ratings do us part."
Part of the problem is that every person in the house would better be suited for MTV's Real World. CBS ignored a big demographic....those people have tuned out. Also this couple edition is really dumb. Yo uave to sleep with your 'perfect match'. Do everything with them...blah blah blah. Do you really think Sheila and Adam are perfect match? Not in real life but I suppose for ratings. Plus, you gotta commit to this show three nights a week....so it better be good to hook us. This season is not that good. Sure there is drama, but the kinda drama I saw when I was at a high school party and alcohol was present. I myself am glad I am past that stage in my life and could careless if I see others doing it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •