The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kris Allen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-09, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kris Allen"
I don't think we have any HUGE Kris fans here on the boards. I don't think we have anybody who dislikes him either though. What do you think his chances are in this thing?

He was so.freaking.cute. dancing and singing along to Stevie Wonder last night.

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kris Allen mhdallas 03-27-09 1
   RE: Kris Allen Glow 03-27-09 2
 RE: Kris Allen Maroonclown 03-27-09 3
   RE: Kris Allen Glow 03-27-09 4
 RE: Kris Allen zazzy 03-30-09 5
   RE: Kris Allen Glow 03-30-09 6
       RE: Kris Allen zazzy 03-30-09 7
           RE: Kris Allen Glow 03-30-09 8
               RE: Kris Allen zazzy 03-30-09 9
 RE: Kris Allen DoodleBug 03-30-09 10
   RE: Kris Allen zazzy 03-30-09 11
   RE: Kris Allen DoodleBug 04-02-09 16
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 04-01-09 12
   RE: Kris Allen geekboy 04-01-09 13
       RE: Kris Allen Tahj 04-01-09 14
   RE: Kris Allen Ahtumbreez 04-01-09 15
       RE: Kris Allen zazzy 04-03-09 18
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 04-02-09 17
   RE: Kris Allen DoodleBug 04-03-09 19
       RE: Kris Allen Ahtumbreez 04-04-09 20
 RE: Kris Allen zazzy 04-05-09 21
 RE: Kris Allen zazzy 04-08-09 22
   RE: Kris Allen Glow 04-08-09 23
       RE: Kris Allen zazzy 04-09-09 24
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 04-15-09 25
   RE: Kris Allen angelworth29 04-15-09 26
   RE: Kris Allen zazzy 04-15-09 27
       RE: Kris Allen Glow 04-16-09 28
           RE: Kris Allen zazzy 04-16-09 29
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 04-16-09 30
 Top 7 studio recording zazzy 04-17-09 31
 MTV weighs in on Kris zazzy 04-24-09 32
   RE: MTV weighs in on Kris zazzy 04-24-09 33
       RE: MTV weighs in on Kris CTgirl 04-24-09 34
 RE: Kris Allen blacknwhitedog 04-30-09 35
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-06-09 36
   RE: Kris Allen sica077 05-06-09 37
 RE: Kris Allen zazzy 05-06-09 38
   RE: Kris Allen grit 05-06-09 39
       RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-06-09 40
       RE: Kris Allen zazzy 05-06-09 41
           RE: Kris Allen grit 05-06-09 42
           RE: Kris Allen mhdallas 05-06-09 43
               RE: Kris Allen sica077 05-06-09 44
               RE: Kris Allen geekboy 05-07-09 46
                   RE: Kris Allen grit 05-07-09 47
                       RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-07-09 48
                           RE: Kris Allen zazzy 05-07-09 49
           RE: Kris Allen CTgirl 05-06-09 45
 RE: Kris Allen DoodleBug 05-09-09 50
   RE: Kris Allen zazzy 05-09-09 51
 RE: Kris Allen zazzy 05-13-09 52
   RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-13-09 53
 RE: Kris Allen owes his brother and... zazzy 05-14-09 54
   RE: Kris Allen owes his brother and... Snidget 05-14-09 55
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-20-09 56
   RE: Kris Allen SilverStar 05-20-09 57
       RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-20-09 58
           RE: Kris Allen sica077 05-20-09 59
           RE: Kris Allen SilverStar 05-20-09 60
 RE: Kris Allen Glow 05-21-09 61
 RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album zazzy 05-24-09 62
   RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album mtb002 05-25-09 63
       RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album Snidget 05-26-09 64
           RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album sica077 05-26-09 65
           RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album mtb002 05-26-09 66
       RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album zazzy 05-27-09 67
           RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album mtb002 05-28-09 68
               RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album zazzy 05-28-09 69
 As if Glow 06-05-09 70
   RE: As if DoodleBug 06-07-09 71
   RE: As if zazzy 06-11-09 73

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-27-09, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kris Allen"
Sure, he's cute, but I don't think he's going to go higher than 5, which is still pretty damn respectable,considering. Frankly, I hope the top tier goes like this: Adam, Danny, Allison (although I can see her being #2),Lil, and Kris.
Kris is very cute and he can definitely sing but, unfortunately, he's very bland and forgettable. You can enjoy him while he's on the show, but you won't really miss him when he's gone.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-27-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kris Allen"
I wouldn't mind that as the "top" five (give or take a few). I'm pretty sure they're actively pimping Matt though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak in there. I'd rather see Kris getting pimped but I guess ultimately it doesn't really matter. I just like how he is always very much himself on stage. I hope he stays that way.

I said in the rankings thread that I see his lack of confidence as more of a calm coolness. Then, last night, he assumes he's in the B3. heh.

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kris Allen"
Let's imagine MC is dating Kris.

Here's how it would go down.

First month:
MC - I love how your cute little mouth curls to the side when you sing. Adorable.

Fourth month
MC - Hey honey, can you please stop singing. I'm trying to listen to the TV *MC is having difficulty looking at adorable Kris while he sings*

Sixth month
MC - God, Kris. Can't you stop that weird thing you do with your mouth when you sing? It's freakin' annoying

Seventh month
MC - You just need to not breath or eat around me, m'kay? You're skeevin' me out.

03-27-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Kris Allen"
heh. I never found it adorable. I think that's why it took me a few weeks to warm up to him.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-30-09, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kris Allen"
I'm all about the voice. And Kris has it. I am becoming a bigger fan with each performance. I have high hopes for this week...and for bigger praise from the judges about how "current" he is.

If so, then he is the dark, dark horse. There is little to suggest he is the chosen one whatsoever. I think Adam is; Simon anointed him a "star" last week. That seems to be the schedule...start really pimping the one you want at top 10.

But I think Kris has some solid support and could make it to the top 3. Dare I dream of top 2? Kris versus Adam...there's a contrast. A lot depends on the judges' comments, singing order, producers' agendas. So he could get the cold shoulder any week that starts to send him down. Still trying to figure out his "arc", and why Matt is getting pimpage that I think Kris should be getting. If the last four to sing on top ten night forbodes anything (Lil, Adam, Danny, Allison), then Kris may only make it to top 5.

03-30-09, 09:11 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Kris Allen"
I'm nervous for him this week, frankly. If they've decided they like Matt more than him, he's in some danger. They'd have no use for him. I'm expecting him to perform first and I'm expecting negative comments. "predictable" (especially if he does Mraz) is a word I'll bet we hear in his "critique".

I hope you're right though. I'd rather this be the week that people don't forget who he is when I talk about him. Because I don't want to be forced into voting this year. Though I guess if I'm going to start (since I end up voting at some point every year because I like somebody who isn't favored), this week is as good a time as any.

03-30-09, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kris Allen"
Found a discussion on Idolforums about the pimp spot and here's some of what Jake101 posted:

"Performance Slots:

Post T-10
Adam +310.2
Danny +285.9
Megan +266.7
Anoop +253.5
Matt +219.1
Lil +214.1
Allison +213.8
Scott +175.0
Michael +166.6
Kris +143.5

Higher # means they performed last more. A 100 point difference means a single show cannot fix the inequity even if bottom guy goes last, and top guy opens the show. This includes every episode this season where America got a vote (otherwise performance order doesn't really matter)."

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=600130&st=0

He did not explain how he rated the spots, but assuming the point assignment is logical, Kris has had the worst singing placement so far.

If he goes first this week then they really want to bury him.

I did think he should go last, in the pimp spot, but then that would throw him to first **next** week and would not be good.

As for voting...not going to do it.

I am not caught up in any particular person this year--I like Adam and Kris, Danny does not bug me like he does some posters here, (and I see the deceased wife as AI manipulation), the three remaining girls are interesting enough to watch; Scott and Anoop bore me. This year for me is more about watching the process of anointing the winner than it is really caught up in someone. I still have not been able to watch the tape from last year when they booted Michael. When's his album coming out, anyway?

So now I am indifferent about Kris getting the pimp spot. He needs better singing placement. If Anoop gets the pimp spot....arrrrgghh. But then Anoop would go first the next week and maybe that will be enough to start to push him out. Someone's got to go after Megan and Scott exit.

03-30-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Kris Allen"
I'm not really caught up in anybody this year either. I really like Adam but I don't feel overwhelmed by it. I just think Kris is getting a raw deal and he's the kind of person this show should want to help.

I don't think he needs the pimp spot. I'd just like to see him get better performance placement because they do tend to bury him. I would venture to guess that most people don't feel one way or another about him and that can be dangerous on a "fan voting" show. He needs a breakout performance and whoever runs this show needs to let the audience at home hear the audience at the studio cheer for him for ten minutes like they do with some of the others (Danny and Adam).

I'll just interrupt this thread for a brief moment:
Michael recorded the soundtrack for Shaun White's documentary (Don't Look Down). He has a single out with Brooke ("Life Is Okay"). His next single is due out on April 14th and his album is due out (I believe he said) in May.

03-30-09, 01:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kris Allen"
Thanks for the MJ update! And I love that you altered your sig pic for that post.

And I agree about the judges needing to let the audience cheering really register for Kris. Having thought a bit more about him, maybe they are "saving" him for the top 8/7/6 as one to watch/one they hype as they fade out on others. I'c convinced they have storyline arcs mapped out for people and move them around depending on America's response (like Sanjaya staying longer than we expected--once people were tuning in for him they extended his arc). They have to keep the audience interested along the way. I hope they don't push Kris out too early!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-09, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kris Allen"
I think he'll got out at #6 if he doesn't have a breakout performance soon. I could easily flip flop that statement with Matt, though I'm a bigger fan of Matt's. I like Matt's voice better. Kris has a better personality than Matt however. He needs the interview chair or a last performance pimp spot to catch the eyes of America. Once Matt or Kris leaves, the other will pick up those votes, I think.

03-30-09, 08:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kris Allen"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-09 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

"Once Matt or Kris leaves the other will pick up those votes."

Great comment! Hope the same is true of Michael and Scott voters.

04-02-09, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kris Allen"
Interesting that he DID get the pimp spot this week and DID have a breakout performance. He is certainly on his way up!!

04-01-09, 07:32 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kris Allen"
Last night was amazing for him! I can't remember the last time I had to juggle two favorites.

I need a Kris siggy too.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-01-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kris Allen"
I think we could be seeing something similar to last season. Last season, Archie was the clear 'golden child' as is Adam and/or Danny this season.

Last season, David Cook starting throwing down consistently good and "original" performances and came out of nowhere to be a contender and eventually win the season.

Could Kris be this seasons true dark horse, a'la Cookie? Nobody was even talking about Cook at the start of last season.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-09, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kris Allen"
Agree. I would love it if Kris unseated Danny as a favorite to win. The more I see and hear Danny, the less I like him.

It's a Tribe!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kris Allen"
Kris is growing to be my favorite. And how is it that he's getting sexier and sexier?!

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

04-03-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Kris Allen"
For starters, he's getting some screen time! He didn't seem to get much before the top 36 rounds, and looking back, he was in the group of 4 with Matt. Matt got more attention. It's like Kris slipped into the group somehow, but he was chosen by the viewers, unlike Matt, Megan, and Anoop.

04-02-09, 11:23 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Kris Allen"
I really enjoyed watching Megan interact with Adam, Allison and Kris. It is obvious that the four of them have really bonded. I was looking for a group hug picture and came upon this one.

04-03-09, 04:57 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Kris Allen"
I agree. It was really touching to see that.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-09, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kris Allen"
*sniff

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

04-05-09, 11:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Kris Allen"
Found this on you tube--Kris playing a uke and singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow , the Hawaiian guy's version like Jason Castro from last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-7iVMcfLk

It's audio with a slide show...but this is GOOD!

04-08-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Kris Allen"
I'm nervous for Kris tonight. I didn't even want to look at the Dial Idol results.

I just finished writing up the pimpage for the week and in contrast to the other 7 performers Kris just got bashed by Simon. Badly. Simon wants him gone! Kris sang well...the song choice may have been wrong, the band too much, his singing placement awful but he wasn't pitchy nor did he make people cringe like some of the notes we heard from others last night.

Sigh. If he is the boot, I don't think he'll be saved. The agenda is so clear. He wasn't supposed to be that good and they have another plan in mind.

I felt kinda disconnected from the show this year, didn't care about who won, and still don't*, but I do care if Kris is treated badly.

* there are some people I don't want to see win, though.

04-08-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Kris Allen"
There is no way, in my mind at least, that Kris should go home before F4. But this year, I'm kind of detached from that. I think it has a lot to do with Michael's ridiculous 8th place finish last year. It's hard to take this show at all seriously after that.

Kris isn't connecting with people enough yet. It's the lack of television time pre-semi that is coming back to bite him again. He needs more performances like last week's to make him a serious contender. Last night's wasn't one of his best AND he went second (on a night that we were graced with a truly magical performance to close the show). There are four people that I would be sad to see outlast him because, in my opinion, he's better than they are. Either way, I will keep up with him. I'll be happy to purchase his CD.

There's only one person I would be outraged to see leave.

04-09-09, 05:10 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Kris Allen"
As far as last night goes: whew!

Kris has had the suckiest singing placement of all of the remaining contestants. It's a wonder he ever got a pimp spot.

I'm thinking the mosh pit is a depimp now because it didn't work well for Matt (it looked so contrived) and with Kris you could barely see him--it also restricted his movement.

So, with singing placement, the mosh pit, and the too loud band overshadowing him, Simon pulling an all out bash on him, what more can they do to push him into the bottom 3?

I hope he picks a slower, poignant song for next week and does it *his* way.

04-15-09, 02:17 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Kris Allen"
Well. I thought his Falling Slowly was gorgeous. I just rewatched it a couple times and relistened to it a couple more times. You can just hear the passion in his voice. I love how he just stood there and let the lyrics come through him. QT was right, it was obvious that song means something to him. It was very emotional for me to watch. I thought it was spectacular, one of my favorites of the season (maybe even ever). So when that idiot said it never caught on for him and it was pitchy, I was floored.

He made MTV's headline today. "Kris Allen Wows on American Idol Movie Night"

wow indeed

EW asks what he has to due to get his fair share of praise. HA! and quotes the idiot word for word:
''Yo, Kris. All right, so check it out man. Uh, dude, for me...for me, for you tonight dude, I gotta tell you somethin' man, I don't know, I didn't — it never quite caught on — for me. And I love, and yo, I love...I love that song. But for me it was pitchy from note one for me. For me!''

I'm just glad to see he is getting some praise out there.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-09, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Kris Allen"
Agree with you. I loved it.

04-15-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Kris Allen"
Thanks for posting that, Glow.

I've been watching "Lie To Me"; they focus on micro expressions, gestural tells, expressions, etc. to show lieing, guilt, etc.

IMO Randy did NOT believe what he was saying last night and fe;t guilty about it. Watch him look down and away when he is giving the feedback.

He and Simon were working the agendas last night.

Simon--uber pimp of Allison.
Randy--start to depimp Kris, even though they gave Kris the second to last spot!

It's just that they want Matt or Anoop out more than they want Kris out, but they want Kris gone as well so Allison can ascend to the F3.

04-16-09, 06:50 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Kris Allen"
You know that pleasantly surprised, "oh!" that people do when they totally weren't expecting this wonderful little thing that just happened to them and that they were caught completely off guard and slightly overwhelmed? Yeah. That's what I did last night when Simon told Kris he was brilliant. I wasn't expecting that wonderful little thing to happen last night at all.

04-16-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Kris Allen"
It gave me a start, too. Maybe they do want him in the F4. For starters, how about some screen time?

Also, EW's article probably helped. Simon is very sensitive to what the press is saying.

04-16-09, 11:31 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Kris Allen"
And just because I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere, he has that kind of speaking voice that makes kittens purr.

04-17-09, 12:38 PM (EST)
31. "Top 7 studio recording"
Kris's studio recording of "Falling Slowly" is just superb. Could be on the radio right now.

To listen to the whole thing b4 buying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTm7JWRr0hI

Pitch perfect. Every note delicious!

I think I'm getting this and the live performance, too.

04-24-09, 03:34 PM (EST)
32. "MTV weighs in on Kris"
Is Kris Allen This Year's 'American Idol' Dark Horse?
He may lack Adam Lambert's flair, but the unassuming singer from Arkansas could surprise everyone.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1609842/20090423/story.jhtml

Nice to see Kris getting some PR!

Here's a snip from the article:

"Could the soft-spoken worship leader from Conway, Arkansas, possibly pull an upset in a season that has often felt like a bullet train barreling toward a showdown between Lambert's bombastic theatricality and Danny Gokey's gospel-splashed sincerity?

MJ Santilli, founder of the popular "Idol" fan site Mjsbigblog.com, said that Allen has accomplished an underappreciated feat in going from cannon fodder the judges didn't seem to think would move beyond the semifinals to someone they didn't mind and now to the top five. "I think contestants that do the best carve out a niche for themselves and stick with it," she said. "They know who they are as artists and follow a path." "

And another, giving Slezak's POV:

"Entertainment Weekly "Idol" expert Michael Slezak sees how it's been easy for Allen to fly under the radar, when "the judges refuse to give you credit no matter how good you are."

Pointing to his solid performances over the past several weeks, including a breakout version of the Oscar-winning "Falling Slowly" from "Once", his thoughtful reinterpretation of Don Henley's "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" and this week's Donna Summer makeover, Slezak said Allen's problem is that he's much more subtle than the flamboyant Lambert, which causes him to be overlooked.

"With him, it's much more about the emotion of the song and trying to tell a story through the lyrics rather than hitting these giant notes and using vocal bombast," Slezak said, comparing Allen to such low-key season-seven finalists as Brooke White and recent major-label signee Jason Castro.

"The judges never use the word 'front-runner' or 'contender' ," said Slezak, who pointed to the early drumbeat for a Lambert vs. Gokey finale, which was most recently stoked on March 23 during a joint appearance by Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson on "The Tonight Show." Cowell mentioned Lambert and Gokey as likely finalists, but not Allen.

"For some reason, they won't give Kris effusive praise, but the 'Idol' audience is smart and they don't need Mommy and Daddy to tell us who is good," Slezak said. "And if you notice, has never been in the bottom three." "

There's a bit more in the whole article.

04-24-09, 03:42 PM (EST)
33. "RE: MTV weighs in on Kris"
Here's an interesting post in the comments section:

"etctra posted on 04.24.09 at 02:49am

It's easy to say Kris doesn't have much of a backstory simply because it hasn't been featured on the show. Perhaps he wanted people to focus on his music? The guy's a worship leader, missionary, been to more countries than the rest combined, nearly died in morocco, performed in thailand and burma, and is married to boot. Just because he didn't exploit his personal experiences doesn't make him any blander than the rest. I agree with sunny that Kris had made it this far based on his musical ability alone."

Some of the other comments are not so nice and the above comment was in response to them.

We know that Kris has had but a thimblefull of pimpage compared to the buckets of pimpage for Adam, Danny, Matt and even Allison. Wonder what people would be saying about him if he HAD gotten the level of pimpage they've gotten?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-09, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: MTV weighs in on Kris"
This is more anecdotal than anything that may help figure out how far Kris will go, but last weekend we were visiting my in-laws. They are both in their late seventies and have watched AI for years. I asked them who their favorite was expecting them to say Danny (They were big Melinda and Archie fans). They said Kris. I was pretty surprised, but it shows you that he has a cross-generational appeal. Of course, they don't vote, but they might represent some that do.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Kris Allen"
OK I am in my mid-40's and he is so.darn.cute!

Syren 2007

05-06-09, 08:34 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Kris Allen"
I can't wait to buy "Come Together"! I loved it.

If there was justice, we'd get an Adam/Kris finale. Unfortunately, we know there's not. I voted for the first time last night. I had the same problems I did when I voted for Jason on Final Four night last year.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Kris Allen"
I would be interested to hear the studio version of the Kris/Danny duet. I really liked it on stage... anyone hear it yet?

05-06-09, 10:59 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Kris Allen"
My solace today is that Daughtry went out at 4th...

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-06-09, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Kris Allen"
You know, that could be a blessing in disguise for Kris. He wouldn't be under AI's thumb when he cuts his CD and that would be a good thing...

05-06-09, 01:02 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Kris Allen"
oh I agree. Coming in 4th wouldn't be the end of the world for him. I'm just feeling totally selfish about it. Proclaiming him in it for another week will boost my spirits.

my hockeyKris is injured and will most likely not (read: will not) be playing tonight. I want my artistKris to hang around for a while.

05-06-09, 01:19 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Kris Allen"
AI gets first chance to sign any of them. I think Taylor's trying to go his own way shows how difficult it is to do well without AI/19 behind you or distributing for you or whatever it is that they do for Elliot, who has straddled the independent/dependent thing fairly well.

----

Now, just among us Kris fans (and non Kris fans if they bother to read this thread)....do you think Adam really was b2 last week?

I have been marvelling at the skillful way AI has pulled the strings for the outcomes that they want. Maybe Alexis was dispatched with early on so she wouldn't compete with Allison, who knows? Why would Alexis pick a shrieky song like Jolene?

If Kris had been b2 last week...would that have rallied up Kris fans more than his being b3 and Adam's being b2? People expected Adam to be safe. That would create more complacency.

Was that a way to pull the chain of Adam fans to get them to vote?

It wouldn't have fit the AI agenda for Kris and Danny to be the top 2 vote getters this week...and have Adam and Allison dangling in the wind with one to be booted. So, Matt leaves, per cue, (and boy did they prop him up for weeks) and now the stage is set for Kris and one other to be b2 tonight.

Something in the way Ryan announced the results still bugs me. And I know the show is manipulated. Not "rigged" but manipulated.

05-06-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Kris Allen"
I agree that the show is manipulated. And I'm still surprised that AI hasn't learned their lesson. Because of their manipulations, Daughtry went out at #4 and Taylor Hicks won his season of AI.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Kris Allen"
It's all about ratings, you know. If Adam hadn't been in the bottom 2, where would the surprise have been? Everybody already knew Matt was going home, so if they didn't shake things up a little, what would people have been talking about the next day? Matt going home? Heck, they're still not talking about that - it's still all about Adam. (And I seriously doubt Adam was in the b2 in votes.)

I do believe the results are 'manipulated' by the producers to fit whatever's in their best interests. However, I also find this whole 'conspiracy' theory about Kris being 'thrown under the bus' by the judges to be a bit much. Allison was also harshly critized, but I don't hear many people claiming that she was being set up to fail.

Let's face it, at this stage of the game, the competition is fierce and, as good as Kris is, he's never been nearly as good as the remaining three (even though Danny has admittedly been slipping a lot lately) and this should be his last show. But, heck, 4th place is nothing to sneeze at! (And after this, it'll probably be Allison's time to leave, followed by Danny - unless, of course, the producers 'decide' that they need to have an Adam/Allison finale.). Oh well - like I have to keep reminding myself when I get worked up about something (like Adam being in the b2) - it's just a television show.

05-06-09, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Kris Allen"
>However, I also
>find this whole 'conspiracy' theory
>about Kris being 'thrown under
>the bus' by the judges
>to be a bit much.
>Allison was also harshly critized,
>but I don't hear many
>people claiming that she was
>being set up to fail.

I agree that Allison had her fair share of criticism, however:
1. Allison got the duet with AI's most wildly loved contestant this season (for many, of all seasons). I accept that it made the most sense to pair them up the way AI did, but that certainly boosted her night. Not to mention, to me, Danny seems like someone that would be difficult to collaborate with.
2. Allison did not have to perform the only back to back songs of the night. That is just unfair. What even playing ground is that?

I know that 'conspiracy' theories are often tossed around, but in my opinion, Kris really got the shaft last night.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-07-09, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Kris Allen"
I have to disagree with your comparison of Kris and Danny.

I contend that Kris has been perhaps the most consistant performer this year, and next to Adam, the more creative/artistic - but in a whole differnet vein than Adam's.

Danny has the 'big voice' and that's about it. When he is singing soft and slow...its not spectacular. It only has the wow when he takes it up to the glory notes.

Kris, on the other hand, has been good with every song he's sang, and add to that his arranging skills, and i have to say he blows Danny away.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

05-07-09, 07:19 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Kris Allen"
*sits with geekboy*

I couldn't have said it better myself.

05-07-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Kris Allen"
*sits with geekboy and grit*
*passes out popcorn*

05-07-09, 02:31 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Kris Allen"
*scooches in the bench next to the others and brings drinks to go with the popcorn*. Well said, GB!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Kris Allen"
>If Kris had been b2 last
>week...would that have rallied up
>Kris fans more than his
>being b3 and Adam's being
>b2? People expected Adam
>to be safe. That
>would create more complacency.

The thing about Kris's fans is that they have voted consistently since the first week. Remember when he made it through as the top male vote getter (or the 3rd place vote getter, I can't remember), we on RTVW were all surprised: "who is this guy?" With a fan base like that, Simon shouldn't rile them up!!

05-09-09, 08:55 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Kris Allen"
I just bought Renegade, and I have to admit.... Kris is HOT on this recording. So much better than the live version!

05-09-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Kris Allen"
Thank you for reminding us!

You tube--try before you buy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqVzVb4YKHI

Kris sounds terrific on this...Danny seemed flat in a couple of places...I think Danny's voice is showing the strain of the competition.

05-13-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Kris Allen"
I'm waiting for "Heartless". When do the songs usually get released?

05-13-09, 01:38 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Kris Allen"
I'm not sure. I usually just wait until the weekend. I'll be buying that one for sure. I'll buy "Apologize" too, even though I have several versions of it already.

05-14-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Kris Allen owes his brother and his friend a lot"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Don't know why the title of the post cut off--it should say "Kris Allen owes his brother and his friend a lot"

Interesting article about Kris's road to the audition and the audition:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1610589/20090504/story.jhtml

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Kris Allen owes his brother and his friend a lot"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

Looks like it is all there.

The listing of the thread part will truncate the titles, and the right after you post it page.

Not sure why some parts of the board do that and others do not.

05-20-09, 08:29 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Kris Allen"
Well. No matter what the outcome of tonight, Kris has a fan in me. He is the kind of artist I can and will strongly be behind. He's worked his way into my favorite contestants ever to appear on this show. He's, so far, pretty near the top. I can't wait to hear his album to see what number I can put him at. Currently I have Michael Johns, Chris Daughtry and Bo Bice at 1, 2, and 3.

I can put this same exact post in Adam's thread... minus one sentence.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Kris Allen"
I've been saying that I will be happy with either Adam or Kris winning, but as the finale draws nearer, I know that I'm lying to myself. I won't throw things and yell at the TV if Adam wins, but I'll be disappointed. My poor wittle Kwis. My love for him has grown every week in this competition and Heartless last week really pushed it to the top. Forget all that "whoever wins" crap. I want Kris to win and nothing else will suffice!

Thank you again for my siggie! You knew I would love him even before I did. *smooch*

05-20-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Kris Allen"
Oddly, right now I feel like I will be a little bit disappointed either way. They're so different and offer such different things that it makes them pretty much the same (for me). Yes, I am aware that doesn't make sense but it's how this is for me. I love them both so much I want to make blingees of them with unicorns and puffy hearts and rainbows and bunnies.

Kris has been quietly brilliant through this whole thing. Some of my favorite things to ever happen came from Kris. (I think I'll make a list of my favorite things that ever happened.) "Falling Slowly" "Heartless" "Ain't No Sunshine" (yeesh, I could form a cheesy sentence there but I will refrain) "To Make You Feel My Love" "She Works Hard For the Money" to name a few.

Adam has been loudly brilliant and is adored throughout the industry. Anthony Hopkins! was there! last night! Best actor ever? oh yes indeedy. (I don't know that he was there because of Adam, I just remembered that.) Adam himself is one of my favorite things to ever happen.

And their friendship is everything that Michael Johns/David Cook should have been. It's a lot easier when you can see where they're coming from. If one of them was best friends with, like, Scott Stapp, I might feel a little less about it. But Ryan (Star) loves him (David Cook) too so what do I know? I mean, he seems like a nice enough person but I just never got that friendship. Man, can I babble or what?

I'm going to feel simultaneous joy and grief no matter who gets crowned tonight.

You're welcome! That's what I'm here for. I still say you should be crushing on Josh Hartnett, btw. I don't understand why you won't. So I'll try again while your confidence in my judgement is at a high point... How about Chris Pine?

05-20-09, 01:43 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Kris Allen"
I am with you, Glow!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-09, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Kris Allen"
Quietly brilliant vs. Loudly brilliant. Great description. Because even though they're both humble and awesome, Adam is just in your face even when he's not doing anything, and Kris is just chillin' in the background. They have different personalities and I love them both.

Josh Harnett has a gap in his front teeth and I just don't find that attractive. Chris Pine is hot. I watched that stupid Blind Dating movie just because I thought he was cute. I will not see Star Trek for him though.

05-21-09, 08:05 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Kris Allen"
yay Kris! I, along with a gazillion other people, have been hoping for an Adam/Kris finale for a while now. Naturally I thought that wasn't going to happen. What a finale! They were both amazing and have been since the start. They deserved that one last HUGE night on that stage. This season sure creeped up the ranks for me. #3? #2? #1? Somewhere in there.

05-24-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
Here's the song "Beautiful Moon" from Kris's preidol album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErXVBLpkB8&feature=related

And the studio recording of "Heartless":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4qIFc95Hs

Enjoy!

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-25-09, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
I finally figured out what's been bothering me about "Heartless." He's singing eubonics. Have you ever seen Kathy Griffin's bit about how uncomfortable lots of white people get when other white people try to talk eubonics in front of black people. Well, a lilly white boy from Arkansas singing eubonics makes me uncomfortable. I applaud his risk taking, but I never want to hear it again. And it's making such a hypocrite out of me, because I've said many times I'd like more irony and juxtaposition in these Idol performances, and here it is, and I didn't like it. I'm so ashamed.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-09, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-09 AT 07:56 AM (EST)

I dunno, if it wasn't for white people stealing black people's music we wouldn't have any pop culture at all.

What, no white person should ever sing anything that is not written in proper English?

I don't really mind it when it is a song and the person singing uses the lyrics as written rather than fixing the grammar.

I guess I should read the lyric sheet again. That song didn't come of all that heavy on the ebonics. I was kinda shocked how many lyrics it has. Usually when Kanye sings it I am too distracted by the Autotune.

Anyway, the people who put the persona on as a lifestyle tend to bother me more than the people who might sing a song written by someone of another race once in awhile. See. Becky/Buckwild from various assorted VH1 shows. Although it is kinda fun to see just how mad she has to get before she drops the ebonics and goes back to her native tongue (generic white suburbia).

ETF word. Darn speel checker doesn't find the wrong words when speeled correctly.

05-26-09, 08:49 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
*nods to snidget*

05-26-09, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
I never said I was morally right here, see me referring to myself as a hypocrite and saying I'm ashamed of myself. But the language is there. I don't like Kid Rock, I think Eminem is funny, but I don't listen to it. The only group I have ever been able to listen to that does that is Beastie Boys. I don't know why my brain has made an exception for them. I didn't mean to imply that Kris was somehow wrong for doing it. It just makes me squirm. It's all me.

05-27-09, 12:48 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
I disagree that he was singing eubonics. Here are the lyrics--could it be the cadence of the words that turns you off?

Heartless
Songwriters: West, Kanye Omari;

In the night I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told
Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul
To a woman so heartless
How could you be so heartless?

How could you be so cold?
As the winter wind when it breeze yo
Just remember that you talkin' to me though
You need to watch the way you talkin' to me though

I mean after all the things that we've been through
I mean after all the things we got into
Hey yo, I know of some things that you ain't told me
Hey yo, I did some things but that's the old me

And now you wanna get me back and you gon' show me
So you walk around like you don't know me
You got a new friend, well I got homies
But in the end it's still so lonely

To a woman so heartless

How could be so Dr. Evil?
You're bringin' out a side of me that I don't know
I decided we wasn't goin' speak so
Why we up 3 a.m. on the phone?

Why does she be so mad at me for?
Homie, I don't know, she's hot and cold
I won't stop, won't mess my groove up
'Cause I already know how this thing go

You run and tell your friends that you're leavin' me
They say that they don't see what you see in me
You wait a couple months then you gon' see
You'll never find nobody better than me

To a woman so heartless

Talkin', talkin', talkin' talk
Baby let's just knock it off
They don't know what we been through
They don't know 'bout me and you

So I got somethin' new to see
And you just gon' keep hatin' me
And we just gon' be enemies

I know you can't believe
I could just leave it wrong
And you can't make it right
I'm gon' take off tonight
Into the night

To a woman so heartless

05-28-09, 00:21 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
It's not the chorus that gets me, it's something in the refrains, it must be the intermittent homies. I guess it could be the cadence. Seeing the lyrics printed out helps. I really didn't intend to make a huge fuss about this or imply that other people shouldn't enjoy the song. I just had a revelation and thought I'd share. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

05-28-09, 01:31 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Kris Allen--pre-idol album"
No, no offense taken, just discussing. I may think of eubonics differently than you do but this seemed like a cadence thing, the part where he does it sorta Kanye style with the beat of the words.

In any event, for those who do want to hear it again :

Kris did a great rendition of it on the Jimmy Kimmel show--I posted the link in message 20 in this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/2802.shtml

06-05-09, 02:54 PM (EST)
70. "As if"
I didn't have enough reason to love Kris.

I don't know when, where or why this was but it happened and it makes me smile.

06-07-09, 03:28 PM (EST)
71. "RE: As if"
Wow! What are the odds?!? I'm smiling for you.

06-11-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
73. "RE: As if"
Who is standing there with Kris? Looks somewhat familiar but I am drawing a blank.

BTW, I think the opp to get the Season 8 stuff from itunes is dwindling. I finally downloaded some of Kris's and Adam's stuff.

Adam's--just a handful of his stuff. Vids of BTBW and WLL, etc. I would have dl Cryin if it weren't for the stinkin sound mix of the back up singer who competed with Adam for most of the performance.

Kris, I kept adding a few more until I just decided to add it all. I like having my own vids of his AI performances. I missed some of the earlier stuff--just caught some of the performances on the web those weeks (Top 13 and Top 11) so it was nice to see To Make You Feel My Love and to listen to the studio recording. Nice!

Saw a clip of Kanye talking about Kris doing Heartless on AI--he said everyone who sings his song sings it better than he (Kanye) does! Lol. Kanye with humility, who knew?

BTW, Kris got signed by 19/Jive. Adam by 19/RCA. Allison got signed as well. 19/Jive? If I find the press releases I'll put 'em in the pimpage thread because they are still pimping Adam, hard.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •