The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No Fuel for Chris"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-03-06, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No Fuel for Chris"
Chris Daugherty has decided to be the author of his own fate rather than sing for a pretty successful band that fits his muscial style.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20060603/D8I11L080.html

So, is this:

A) Really smart
B) Really Arrogant
C) Really Dumb

But, the four of us had a great time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No Fuel for Chris BlingBlong 06-03-06 1
 RE: No Fuel for Chris Glow 06-05-06 2
 RE: No Fuel for Chris PagongRatEater 06-05-06 3
   RE: No Fuel for Chris Glow 06-06-06 7
 RE: No Fuel for Chris Toushay 06-05-06 4
 RE: No Fuel for Chris geekboy 06-05-06 5
   RE: No Fuel for Chris Glow 06-06-06 6
       RE: No Fuel for Chris geekboy 06-06-06 8
           RE: No Fuel for Chris Glow 06-06-06 10
           RE: No Fuel for Chris Glow 06-06-06 11
 RE: No Fuel for Chris geg6 06-06-06 9
 RE: No Fuel for Chris hannahbanana 06-12-06 12
 Debut album AyaK 08-16-06 13
   RE: Debut album Magnolia_Rocker 08-17-06 14
       RE: Debut album seahorse 11-20-06 15
           RE: Debut album Magnolia_Rocker 11-20-06 16
               RE: Debut album Snidget 11-20-06 17
                   RE: Debut album irishrose 11-29-06 18
                       RE: Debut album irishrose 12-06-06 19
                           RE: Debut album Magnolia_Rocker 12-07-06 20
                               RE: Debut album nailbone 12-07-06 21
                                   RE: Debut album Magnolia_Rocker 01-02-07 22
                                       RE: Debut album emydi 01-22-07 24
                                       RE: Debut album CTgirl 02-03-07 25
 RE: No Fuel for Chris bob_chester 01-12-07 23
 RE: No Fuel for Chris joannie 02-03-07 26
 RE: No Fuel for Chris Fishercat 02-04-07 27
   RE: No Fuel for Chris nailbone 02-05-07 28
       RE: No Fuel for Chris emydi 02-07-07 29
           RE: No Fuel for Chris Magnolia_Rocker 02-07-07 30
               RE: No Fuel for Chris dragonflies 02-08-07 32
       RE: No Fuel for Chris bob_chester 02-08-07 33
           RE: No Fuel for Chris nailbone 02-08-07 34
               RE: No Fuel for Chris bob_chester 02-08-07 36
   RE: No Fuel for Chris bob_chester 02-08-07 31
       RE: No Fuel for Chris nailbone 02-08-07 35
           RE: No Fuel for Chris bob_chester 02-08-07 37
               RE: No Fuel for Chris nailbone 02-08-07 38
                   RE: No Fuel for Chris bob_chester 02-08-07 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-03-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
A) Really Smart

Chris is an upright kind of guy, it seems. Family man. He had a band back home. Wouldn't he take that into consideration before just dumping them for Fuel? Besides, on his own he can do all kinds of music, not just Fuel music. I look so forward to the release of his first CD. I will buy TWO, one for me and one for a friend. I hope he can put together a mix of music on the first one, and then he can evolve into his own "thing".

Crazy for Chris!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
A) Really Smart - I think it's really great that he wants to do his own thing. I like his thing. I will support him no matter what he does. Brett Scallions and Hemorrhage were the best things Fuel had going. I'm sorry for them that they didn't get Chris but I'm pretty sure it was all just a publicity stunt anyway.

an arkie work of art
"I learned two words a long time ago that help out a lot: 'Screw it.' If something's bothering you, don't dwell on it. Just let it go. Worrying ain't gonna do nothing but make it worse." - Bucky Covington

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Personally, I think I'd have to go with C) Really Dumb (but idealistic). He is walking away from an opportunity to walk into a multi-platinum band with all the name recognition, marketing heft, brand equity and he doesn't have to sacrifice his musical styling to do so. Sure, he we be successful on his own....among idol fans who will buy WHATEVER he puts out (even it is was with Fuel), but you just can't go out and buy the kind of infrastructure that is already in place there. Why reinvent the wheel?

Still, I wish him luck and I respect the idealism and loyalty that were probably a part of this decision. That being said, from a pure business perspective I don't see that he will be better off in the long run on his own.

But, the four of us had a great time.

06-06-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
My respect for him outweighs the "man, that's dumb" thoughts that I have (had).

my original thoughts

an arkie work of art
"I learned two words a long time ago that help out a lot: 'Screw it.' If something's bothering you, don't dwell on it. Just let it go. Worrying ain't gonna do nothing but make it worse." - Bucky Covington

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
A) Really Smart
Why would he cut off his options so fast? Even Ellen DeGeneres told him to consult with her before he does anything. He has lots of industry friends now, not to mention Randy and Simon, and all the others who liked him along the way.
There's an old saying that's true: act in haste, repent at leisure.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-05-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-06 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

I have to admit i'm a bit torn on the issue as to whether it was a smart choice, or a dumb choice.

On one hand, you have a semi-popular band who personally went to Chris and said "You're in the band if you want to. We love your voice, and we want you to lead this band."

On the other had, you are Chris Daughtry, one of the most popular AI contestants ever who now - theoretically - has the power to make his own debut CD and ride the wave of popularity that the show has given him.

But then...lets look back in history for other 4th place finishers who now have a career.... *frogs creaking*

At the time, i did say on this board that he would be silly to take it. But now i'm leaning the other way.

Why not (1) take the job w/ Fuel, but (2) have a clause in your contract saying that you can also release solo recordings. I think he would have been in a position of power to do just that. It would have given him two outlets for differing styles of music.

I'm kind of leaning towards it being a "really dumb" decision.

geekboy

06-06-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
6. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
"But then...lets look back in history for other 4th place finishers who now have a career.... *frogs creaking*"

Josh Gracin

an arkie work of art

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-06-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
So I was thinking about THAT EXACT comment yesterday afternoon and i thought to myself 'Crap! I forgot Josh Gracin! Just watch Glow make a freakin comment about that.'

I knew you wouldn't let me down.

But do you agree i have a point?

geekboy

06-06-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
10. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"

*smooch*

I do see where everybody's coming from with the Chris thing but I think he made the right choice for him.

an arkie work of art

06-06-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
11. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
oh and no, I don't think he would have had enough power to request a special clause that would allow him to join Fuel as their lead singer and also be allowed to record as a soloist.

an arkie work of art

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Definitely not B.

I'm torn between A and C.

Really dumb for all the reasons you mentioned, PRE. Existing infrastructure and name recognition. They obviously love him.

Really smart because now he can go his own way. And Fuel wasn't the only band that took an interest in him. Though they have no need for a lead singer, Live seems to have taken him under their wing with loads of career advice. He has built a personal relationship with Ed Kowalzcyk. And, really? Live has a much larger following than Fuel did.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

hannahbanana 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-12-06, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hannahbanana Click to send private message to hannahbanana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
A Really Smart...heck I'd buy a ticket to his concert any day!!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Debut album"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 08:32 PM (EST)

Let's give Chris credit for signing with BMG on his own -- he's now got Howard Benson (who produced the All-American Rejects' surprise hit Move Along CD) producing his debut. And he's supposed to be working with Rob Thomas on writing songs.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-5-finalist-chris-daughtry-working-on-debut-album-1009528.php

Based on this development, I'd go with choice (A).

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Debut album"
Yep, and it's slated for release Nov 21st. I.Can't.Wait!!!

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Debut album"
I wonder if the release date is still good.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

11-20-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Debut album"
I googled it and all the sites regarding his debut albumn still lists it as November 21st. Yay!

A Tribe Original!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Debut album"
One of the stations here in NC has a morning show that is into among other things AI.

They've been hyping his band Daughtry all week

irishrose 75 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-06, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irishrose Click to send private message to irishrose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Debut album"
Just ordered the CD From Amazon and hope to have it by the end of next week. Got a pretty good review on a few sites so I am giving it ia shot. I will let you know how it is when I get it.

irishrose 75 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-06, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irishrose Click to send private message to irishrose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Debut album"
Got the CD this past Saturday and have listened to it and it is really good. It will go in the MP3 player for sure. Not as hard rocking as some of his AI preformances.

12-07-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Debut album"
I bought it a few weeks ago and all I can say is......*SIGH* This guy has a b.e.a.utiful voice! Sure, it's not as "rocky" as I was expecting but not a disappointment at all. And I love the song with Slash featured. I definitely suggest everyone that enjoyed him on AI to go out and purchase this CD.

Rock on Chris!

Christmas goodness created by Tribey!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Debut album"
It's definitely on my Christmas list!!

-New holiday sig, Thanks, tribe!

01-02-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Debut album"
Did'ya get it for Christmas? What do you think?

Well, I had a 16 1/2 hour road trip (one way) over the holidays to visit family and I must have listended to this CD a billion times. I love it the more I listen to it!!! Also, I noticed this past weekend that the No. 1 track "It's Not Over" is getting some pretty heavy air time on my local stations. (YAY!!!) My absolute favorites (though I lurv them all) is "It's Not Over", "Crashed" (#1 on my list), "Home", "What I Want" (featuring Slash) and "Breakdown".

I'm telling everyone to go out and pick this CD up. You won't be disappointed!

A Tribe Original!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-07, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Debut album"
I finally bought it and I love it... (first CD i've bought in years!)

Are the vocals a bit low and the guitars too much..maybe it was just the stereo I was listening to it on...it did sound better on my cd play er in car...dbf put it on the MP3 player he bought for me but he uses but I haven't listened to it on that yet...

It was less rock than his AI but I think that it's great..did you see him sing Star Spangled Banner yday in Chicago? Great!!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Debut album"
I downloaded his album recently (never thought I'd buy an album from an artist I'd seen on American Idol!) It was really good -- I love his voice. Every time I listen to it, I enjoy it more.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-12-07, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Where is the selection of Over rated?

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-03-07, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Chris' band Daughtry is on a small venue tour at the moment (their Feb. 6 show at Neumos in Seattle sold out in approximately three minutes). Apparently the tour was booked before the new album took off and a larger-venue tour will follow later on this year.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-04-07, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Well, I completely missed the boat on Chris. I didn't think he'd fail as a solo artist, but I definitely thought his best move was to go with Fuel and that he would be marginally successful as a solo artist (or at least as his own entity and not part of an established band). Guess I was wrong.

02-05-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Guess I was wrong.

Judging how fast he climbed to the top versus Taylor Hicks, looks like lots of folks were wrong.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-07 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

not me mags and glowie

02-07-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
30. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Hey! Nor me.

A Tribe Original!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-07, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Me too!

02-08-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Wrong about what? lol You guys are funny.

02-08-07, 04:51 PM (EST)
34. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
Wrong about thinking that CD messed up by not signing with Fuel when he had the chance.

02-08-07, 05:10 PM (EST)
36. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
k thanks for the update

02-08-07, 01:52 PM (EST)
31. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
But does he have staying power? I like him and Taylor. I think both him and Taylor have limited long term potential. Niether have the potentil of Carrie or Kelly C. Chris is good not great. One hit album based on Popularity rather then content does not make a star. Best of luck to both him and Taylor they are both nice guys. Time will tell.

02-08-07, 04:54 PM (EST)
35. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
One hit album based on Popularity rather then content

I beg to differ. His album is definitely a hit based on content. Ruben and Fantasia have found their niche areas, and are doing quite well there. But Kelly and Carrie, and now Chris and Kat, are selling big in the mainstream, and barring anything really weird, should continue to for awhile.

Taylor, OTOH, I'm not sure where he fits, and judging from what I've heard from reviews of his album, no one else does either.

02-08-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
37. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
I think Chris' content is mediocre at best. Nothing new or great here. I think he and Kat are riding high on their recent AI experince. but you know America is like lemmings they will follow the crowd even if it is not so good. Enjoy him if you like him. I still think he is niche and will be has been in a year.

02-08-07, 05:27 PM (EST)
38. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
but you know America is like lemmings they will follow the crowd even if it is not so good

still think he is niche and will be has been in a year.

Your first statement is why your second statement is wrong.

02-08-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
39. "RE: No Fuel for Chris"
lol yeah maybe but time will tell.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •