The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-08, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
Is it me or is ANTM this cycle full of nut cases, problem people, and others we just feel bad for so we put through to the show. It seems like Tyra is turing this show into an extension of her T-Zone camps. It serves to help girls with emotional problems/self-esteem issues, etc get attention, no matter if that attention is negative!

I just don't think there are any good choices here. They picked people with their hearts, not thier minds. Ms. J was obviously not pleased with the choices and said so about many.

An Marvita? Come on, she is terrible and there is no way CoverGirl would every hire such a hate filled person in real life. This cycle may be the end of the show for me.

And Saleshia's covergirl commercial was so Blah. It had no fire or energy. And to follow it with Drew was funny. Drew blew Saleshia out of the water both with looks and personality.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... realitytvfan07 02-21-08 1
   RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... amanda11694 02-21-08 2
 RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... ginger 02-22-08 3
 RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... realityfreek 02-22-08 4
   RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... twinkledance 02-26-08 5
       RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... amanda11694 02-27-08 6
           RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... mindy23 02-28-08 7
               RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... registerednurse 02-28-08 8
               RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... Snidget 02-29-08 9
 RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... pinksparkleguitar 02-29-08 10
   RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... Enyo 03-03-08 11
       RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... twinkledance 03-05-08 12
       RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... realitytvfan07 03-09-08 13
   RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... ginger 03-10-08 14
 RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who'... unknownauthor_anonymous 03-13-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-21-08, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-08 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

ITA.

It seems like anybody who has been to anger management, molested, lived thru domestic violence, raped or experienced some other major life crisis is a shoo in regardless of looks, talent, or ability to model.

I was floored when Marveta got picked. I can't see this girl as a model. Between her attitude and those big ole horse teeth I just can't see her taking good photos.

The more drama the better seems to be the shows motto.

At least it will entertaining in a train wreck sort of way if nothing else.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-08, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
I personally thought Marvita was better when she came in cycle 9

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-08, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
The only girl I can remember is the one that had the clitorectomy. Seriously.

And do we need another "I look like Iman"?

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-08, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
I was also suprised by some of the choices...

the girl from Hawaii
the blonde banker girl with the round face and acne all over
the iman look alike (or so she thinks)

the ones they didnt take that i thought they would

the european looking one( Jay liked her )- she got really excited when Tyra annouced that they were going to take one more to make 14
the plus size hispanic girl

sorry I dont know any of their names yet...

twinkledance 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-08, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twinkledance Click to send private message to twinkledance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
i like the last 2 choices too

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
That made me mad when Kimberly told the judges she wasn't interested in fashion. She shouldn't have been there, I wish that the European-looking girl would have made it instead of her!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
I just dont' get why (and I know I'll get some flack for this!) but WHY would they want a model who doesn't look like a woman? I mean I know they use the word 'androgenous' a lot, but what does that do for the sale of clothing? And that's basically what these models are doing, right-selling top notch clothing!

I just don't get it. Someone like Marvita-why would they even consider someone like that? Is it just the world we live in today, or is it considered more 'artistic' to have someone who looks neither male nor female?? Whatever! I suppose she would be more flexible in whatever they are advertising. I just don't see a lot of beauty in that.

Some of these girls are really very pretty, once they are made up-but aren't most 18-22 year old women? I just don't see them coming up with anyone who stands out among the crowd and really shines! A few years ago, the blonde with the blazing blue eyes-darn, can't remember her name, the one before Jazlene-now SHE was just gorgeous, and could do almost anything. But that's just my opinion, of course. And I'm NOT prejudice in any way, honest! I thought last year's choice was really cute, but HATE what they've done to her now!! Why oh WHY did they cut her hair like that?? She looks like her younger sister took the scissors to her hair while she was sleeping!

Anyway, just goes to show you I'm not as into the fashion world as most-at least not in Tyra's world. PLUS, I miss Twiggy!!!

registerednurse 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail registerednurse Click to send private message to registerednurse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
I don't know if anyone watches All My Children, but the blonde( Kimberly I think), looks just like Colby on All My Children. I know off the subject, I was just suprised how much they look alike.
Back to the subject, I think the European girl should have made it too. I read something about an Angelina Jolie look-a-like, who is that supposed to be? I was thinking maybe Allison, who I think is pretty, but she doesn't look like Angie. Dominique is also pretty in a strange way.
Well enough rambling, looking forward to discussing the rest of the season with everyone.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-08, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
I dunno, I get tired of the super pretty girls that for the most part all look alike.

Someone with a different look often catches my eye much more and I'll look at the ad rather than just flipping past it because it looks just like the last thousand ads I saw.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-29-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
Marvita - blech.

That's all I have to say about that.

An EmyDi nickname on a Shar sig

Enyo 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Enyo Click to send private message to Enyo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
Marvita??? She looks 30, and anytime they show her even semi-close-up, you can see how bad her skin is.

I've got acne scars and chicken pox scars. I guess I should have tried out for the show. If I threw in some of my past about being molested as a child and having a hard life I probably would have made it on.

This show has turned into some kind of hand-out program for minority women who have problems or something it seems (although this year there seem to be less minority women compared to the last season or two). What ever happened to looking for models for modeling sake???

twinkledance 13 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-08, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twinkledance Click to send private message to twinkledance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
yeah, the model choices have DEFINITELY gone down hill. I think Tyra is a little off her rockers these days too...which definitely doesn't help things on the show

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-08, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
There have been quite a few white women with problems on the show as well.

Also, the white contestants always outnumber the minority ones.

The intent is not give anyone a "handout". The intent is to create drama and tension.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-08, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
She reminds me of a girl from either Season One or Two...Tyra seems to have a little personal mission to mold The Next Grace Jones. Except really, after Grace Jones, we don't need The Next Grace Jones.

Strangee!

It stanks so good.

unknownauthor_anonymous 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-08, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail unknownauthor_anonymous Click to send private message to unknownauthor_anonymous Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New Model Wannabees? Or a Who's Who of Women with Issues?"
it seems this episode of antm is more like

a soap opera than the show itself. not so much

about the judges or tyra at all. but, the models.

they have bickered more on this episode, than the first

9 i have watched.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •