The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Life as a Cover Girl"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-07-06, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Life as a Cover Girl"
The most exciting thing about the season finale is that this is the last week I have to endure Danielle Dani's My Life as a Cover Girl.

She couldn't do a commercial when she won, and she can't do one now.
I'm glad this season is over and she can go back to obscurity where I never have to listen to her voice again.

I'm excited to see how Caridee fares next season.
...if there is a next season.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
She may have been worse than Naima, who has the most fake, boring voice ever.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl eire_heart74 12-07-06 1
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl AshLanie 12-07-06 2
   RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Tiggertramp 12-07-06 13
       RE: My Life as a Cover Girl AshLanie 12-07-06 15
           RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Tiggertramp 12-08-06 17
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Snidget 12-07-06 3
   RE: My Life as a Cover Girl nazpink 12-07-06 4
       RE: My Life as a Cover Girl reealiteefan 12-07-06 6
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl toddE 12-07-06 5
   RE: My Life as a Cover Girl eire_heart74 12-07-06 7
   RE: My Life as a Cover Girl mrsunderstood 12-07-06 8
       RE: My Life as a Cover Girl LisaPles 12-07-06 9
           RE: My Life as a Cover Girl ginger 12-07-06 10
           RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Snidget 12-07-06 11
               RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Tiggertramp 12-07-06 14
           RE: My Life as a Cover Girl MsDeeVeeAns 12-08-06 20
       WARNING - mrsunderstood Bebo 12-07-06 12
       RE: My Life as a Cover Girl tvgeek401 12-07-06 16
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Evan25 12-08-06 18
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl socalsunshine 12-08-06 19
   RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Boettcha3 12-12-06 22
 RE: My Life as a Cover Girl Boettcha3 12-11-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-06, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Yes I too am quite glad I don't have to sit through another one of those!!! I think Caridee is going to do very well with them next season. I think she has a great future in front of her and like Eva, we might even get to see the ads!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-06, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
I wonder if there will be a next season?

I mean how bad can they get next season compared to this season for a runway finale?

What was that all about? Were they showing off bridal gowns? No idea what they were suppose to be modeling cause of the way they were told to model, yelling, sscreaming, acting scared.

I wonder if that wasn't tyra's idea...she does seem to dislike marriage and all it stands for (from watching a few of her tv talk show and her words of (sic) wisdom).

I forsee yet another reality show not being renwed, the other being the Real World, which is in Denver this year and by far the most volitale to date.

If this is what modeling is all about no wonder so many models are drunks and or drug addicts.....how else could one do what they ask without being doped up?

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-07-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
This is Tyra's show, but the fashion show was designers Victorio and Lucchino. Fahion designers choose how their clothes are modeled, what the music, lights, location etc will be. Tyra was a guest, and her models were allowed to walk it.

I really do not understand how everything lies in fault with Tyra, and how personal judgements are made. Tyra produces the show, hasinput, but we do not know her, she is a public figure and that is it.

Whatever. I am glad Caridee won. She is fabulous.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
>This is Tyra's show, but the
>fashion show was designers Victorio
>and Lucchino. Fahion designers choose
>how their clothes are modeled,
>what the music, lights, location
>etc will be. Tyra was
>a guest, and her models
>were allowed to walk it.
>
>
>I really do not understand how
>everything lies in fault with
>Tyra, and how personal judgements
>are made. Tyra produces the
>show, hasinput, but we do
>not know her, she is
>a public figure and that
>is it.
>
>Whatever. I am glad Caridee won.
>She is fabulous.
>
>
>Excellent siggy by
>JSlice, Worm by the Fab
>IceCat And Icey bounced me!
>Yippee!!

>I wish I were a
>glow worm, A glow worm's
>never glum...Cuz how can you
>be grumpy, When the sun
>shines out your bum??

Exactly, it is Tyra's show and she makes the final decisions on every photo shoot and runway session......What designer, makeup artist, photographer, etc will be used each week. Vicotrio surely did not come to her asking to be part of the show.....Tyra definitely went to him and asked.

As for the runway itself, I didn't see any of the other models being told to scream and act ;like idiots...only the two finalists....and that lays with Tyra....heck, she was coaching them as they came down the runway.

As for her being a public figure and us not knowing her: She has said many times she is an open book....so hence how she protrays herself is how people will see/know her...that is if she is telling the truth about her being an open book.

The best of the worst two finalist in the history of this show won....Caridee.

Both were okay as models and both will fall to the wayside as past winners and runnerups have.

12-08-06, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
YEs, there were other models doing the same lame runway behavior. Were we watching the same show? The others stared down each other...and keep in mind we saw Dani and the two finalists the most because the show is top model, not "Hey look at the other model's in the show".

ANd I am SURE designers want to help Tyra and Top Model, because in doing so, they get amazing exposure. World wide exposure. You can not buy that. Showing during fashion week is only limited exposure as well, this is everywhere.

I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Danielle's do seem to be much more painful than usual for those commercials.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
I liked Danielle on her season but I agree her commercials sucked and were extremely annoying. And what was it with her coming around at the finale and getting as much air time during the runway show as the contestants? And what was with Tyra's sideline coaching? What is going on and what is trying to be proved? That these girls actually get jobs and can give advice to future Covergirls or that Tyra still loves them enough to be their coach? What a joke! Good luck Caridee at accomplishing nothing that Tyra doesn't have you do to make her show look real. Melrose....take the exposure...the free portfolio.....and run!

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
>And
>what was with Tyra's sideline
>coaching? What is going on
>and what is trying to
>be proved? That these girls
>actually get jobs and can
>give advice to future Covergirls
>or that Tyra still loves
>them enough to be their
>coach? What a joke! Good
>luck Caridee at accomplishing nothing
>that Tyra doesn't have you
>do to make her show
>look real.

I think what we forget sometimes is Tyra is an EX-MODEL with a reality show. She does not represent any modeling agency or booker or anything like that. This disconnect from the real guts of the modeling industry is what had Adrienne so ticked off the first season. Tyra's viewpoints, while valid for her day, may not have much relevance to the fashion industry as it is now. These girls should use Top Model as a platform for exposure, then pick and choose which bits of Tyra-mania they will adopt once they hit the "real" modeling word.

Now that Ms Banks's "singing" career went belly up, you'll note she's been behind the camera, trying to art direct, etc. She's not so much helping those would-be models as testing the waters for yet another incarnation of herself in the fashion biz.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-07-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Yeah, I agree. Danielle/Dani is/was a very beautiful model, has the look. But she still can't talk and her commercials were painful.

Caridee, IMO, does not have the look and I don't think she'll work as a model, but she has the personality, so she may do well as a spokesperson-type. Yoanna and Eva have been successful as personalities, and that's what I see for Caridee.

RE: Runway Show. Well, it wasn't as bad as last season, but it was pretty bad. They used to do such great runway shows. I didn't especially like the Kahlen/Naima duo, but their runway show, for example, was outstanding.

There will most definitely be another cycle. ANTM, for better or for worse, is the tentpole of the CW.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
I wonder if more and more fashion lines don't want to do runways shows with those Top Model chicks. Like the fashion houses are becoming more and more obsecure. Just happy enough to be on the show for the free ad it is.

mrsunderstood 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-07-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsunderstood Click to send private message to mrsunderstood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Hey! Stop It! Dani is beautiful don't knock her because some of you guys are still not over last season. Her voice is no worse than Nicole (incoherent at times) and Naima (unclear). She tried and work hard to lose the accent/dialect/slang that everyone had distaste for. Its an improvement from something I didn't think in the first place sounded that bad. I didn't like the fact that yoanna won over mercedes and that nicole won over nik but I'm not going to degrade them because I'm sore.

You're right, tv watchers no longer have to hear her again if that was the biggest problem in todays world...boy do we have it good.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
I will also rally to Danielle's defense. OK, maybe her speech could still use a little improvement, but she has something that Naima and Nicole do not - BEAUTY!
I really liked Danielle because I thought she was beautiful and had a great personality. All women shouldn't try to fit into the same cookie cutter mold. Our diversity should be celebrated.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-06 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

Dani is gorgeous. She looked more and more beautiful as the season wore on.

But when she opens her mouth? She drops 20 beauty points to me. It is not the accent, it is the voice itself. It has a Mike Tyson squidgy whine that makes me crazy. I am sure Cover Girl is relieved her stint as a SPEAKING model is over, as well.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Why they are painful for me is exactly because it seems they've tried to stuff her into a cookie-cutter generic covergirl persona and it doesn't fit and she isn't comfortable being that girl.

I'd like it better if she seemed to be trying to be herself rather than trying to be someone she isn't and being uncomfortable about the image she is supposed to be presenting.

She's fine, what they are trying to turn her into, isn't.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

12-07-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
<<<<it seems they've tried to stuff her into a cookie-cutter generic covergirl persona>>>>

Um, do you remember the fabulous prize of being a Cover girl spokesperson? Yeah, it is part of the gig. You *have* to be that, as you win a contract with them. Was she right for it? I don;t think so. She talks as if she has marbles in her mouth. She is great for print ads, because you don't have to listen to her.

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
>I will also rally to Danielle's
>defense. OK, maybe her speech
>could still use a little
>improvement, but she has something
>that Naima and Nicole do
>not - BEAUTY!
>I really liked Danielle because I
>thought she was beautiful and
>had a great personality. All
>women shouldn't try to fit
>into the same cookie cutter
>mold. Our diversity should be
>celebrated.

wuzzup wizzat

Lisa I agree..Danielle is gorgeous and after this time she is still with her feet on the ground. Her speech has improved but she still has some work to do to undo all her years of that twang...she is glamourous personified and I think people just cannot stand that fact that she is beauty with or without COVERGIRL....

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "WARNING - mrsunderstood "
Bashing other posters for having a different opinion is not permitted here. Our guidelines permit positive and negative comments about contestants, but do not permit criticizing other posters for expressing their opinions.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-07-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Danielle's accent has improved since she won and I admire her hard work in that way, but her new accent sounded strained, which bothered me.
As a previous poster said, a big problem with her commercials was that I could tell that she was working hard to fit into the Cover Girl persona and she ended up sounding fake.

Of all the previous winners, I think only Eva's were decent. Naima has an incredibly annoying voice and Nicole (who I actually wanted to win) is completely forgettable--I didn't even remember her at all.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
Danielle's commercials aren't the biggest problem our world faces today, but that doesn't stop them from being annoying.

Evan25 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Evan25 Click to send private message to Evan25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
yeah i agree. although, i was happy when she won last season, i like both her and jodi i would have been happy with either of them winning. You can tell that Dani has gone to a speech coach it is much improved over what she used ot sound like.

socalsunshine 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-08-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail socalsunshine Click to send private message to socalsunshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
Danielle's commercials were annoying, but nothing compared to Nicole's. I'm so glad she's already back in obscurity. At least Danielle has a sweet personality. I wish her the best as long as she stays away from being a spokesmodel!

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
I dont even remember Nicole's commercials- grant it i didnt watch as much as i could have last season, but she definitely has fallen off the face of the earth or something, she just doesnt seem to be getting as much attention as the show says they would - i guess they have moved on to dani now, but we really dont hear of past winners alot (Except adrian, but not so much for modeling as for My fair brady)

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-11-06, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: My Life as a Cover Girl"
yea, I really didnt think that dani did a very good job at her commercials. she still has that weird accent thing going on that she was supposed to work on, but she never seemed to fix that... i think caridee will do a better job at those things, although if anyone caught her stint on "one tree hill" you would see she wasnt the best of actress... maybe she should stick to silent films

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •