The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-06, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
And we don't have to hear her whine about it every single week!!

You'd think this girl had been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer the way she goes on and on and on and on about her stupid hair!!!

I would have been really good with her-she is a beautiful girl-but she just needed to get a grip, get over it, and move on.

Now, about that stupid male model-what the heck were the people who casted him thinking??? And the girls had already complained the day before! I'm telling you-this show is really starting to get down and ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... nazpink 11-15-06 1
 RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... pinksparkleguitar 11-15-06 2
   RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... nazpink 11-16-06 3
       RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... mistyrose52 11-16-06 4
   RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... LisaPles 11-16-06 5
 RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... toimoore 11-16-06 6
   RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... Lindazkewl 11-16-06 7
       RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda LisaPles 11-16-06 8
           RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda nazpink 11-16-06 9
               RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda Kelly_Smith 11-17-06 10
                   RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda amea_gari 11-25-06 11
   RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... sharnina 11-27-06 12
   RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... toi_in_VA 11-28-06 13
       RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... dreamvsreality 11-29-06 14
           RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... Boettcha3 11-29-06 15
 RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and... Babe Repelent 12-03-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I'm glad to see her gone. Her pictures were weak and seeing them one right after another after her elimination just reminded me as to how weak they were. I hated listening to Jadea whine about her hair especially after she told Jay that she could care less if they chopped it all off.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I am very glad she is going home. She could not get past her hair. Am I sad she had a crappy male model to work with? Totally. That guy should've been kicked to the curb as soon as he let that comment fly. However, Jaeda has been skating by for weeks just because Tyra thought she would be her next prodigy.

How weird was the venting assignment? As soon as they started I turned to DH and said 'I bet they all cry'. Which they pretty much all did. But some of them seemed really fake when they were 'venting'.

My money is on Caridee, or Melrose, especially if Melrose starts getting the villian-turned-hero edit anytime soon.

Ready for fall, thanks to Sharnina!

11-16-06, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I agree...the venting segment made me feel a little uncomfortable. I know it's all part of the challenge, by letting their emotions run wild but it seems so weird.

I also have to say that I'm tired of Michelle. I'm guessing she goes. We heard her say more than once that she didn't know if modeling was something that she actually wanted to do and in the end she stated that it was more about being with her sister. Great! You want to be with your sister and give her support, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the other girls who actually want it. No one else gets a support system from home in the competition....neither should Amanda...and I think the judges (except Tyra) are ready to cut her loose.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-16-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
>I agree...the venting segment made me
>feel a little uncomfortable. I
>know it's all part of
>the challenge, by letting their
>emotions run wild but it
>seems so weird.
>
>I also have to say that
>I'm tired of Michelle. I'm
>guessing she goes. We heard
>her say more than once
>that she didn't know if
>modeling was something that she
>actually wanted to do and
>in the end she stated
>that it was more about
>being with her sister. Great!
>You want to be with
>your sister and give her
>support, but it shouldn't be
>at the expense of the
>other girls who actually want
>it. No one else gets
>a support system from home
>in the competition....neither should Amanda...and
>I think the judges (except
>Tyra) are ready to cut
>her loose.

Have to agree on both counts. Don't know what that venting thing was about-don't remember it being on any other season, and as far as I'm concerned could actually cause more harm than good, if not done in a professional atmosphere!

IMHO, both those twins need to go-they are not even good looking, neither of them can act or model worth beans! You'd think by now the novelty of having them would have worn off-but Tyra is dead set on keeping them, for whatever reason....

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
> Am I sad she
>had a crappy male model
>to work with? Totally.
>That guy should've been kicked
>to the curb as soon
>as he let that comment
>fly.

I loved what Nigel had to say about that. He said you have got to take control. That guy is just an "extra". He is so right. That's how the women will need to think in order to make it in such a tough industry.

>How weird was the venting assignment?

Yes, I HATE that. It's Tyra's way of exploiting the women as far as I'm concerned. I'm a very private person and I would not stand up and spill my guts and cry in front of everyone over personal issues. Do you think they would ask or expect a group of men to do that? Bullsh*t!

toimoore 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toimoore Click to send private message to toimoore Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I don't feel Tyra should have made Jaeda cut her hair. Especially during a time when soooo many Black women are trying to GROW hair, by way of weaves. Why makd a Black woman cut her hair when it's her own! It's hard for BLACK WOMEN to grow LONG hair in the first place, so to make her cut it was totally WRONGGGGG!!! Other nationalities don't have a problem growing their hair back compared to Black women. So, shame on YOU TYRA for making Jaeda cute her hair. I LOVE your show, but I hate that you made her cut her hair, especially since you didn't make everyone else cut their hair. Next time Tyra, lay off the cutting of LONG hair for a Black girl because most likely, she'll NEVER grow it back. Hell, it probably took all of her 20 something years just to grow it! Besides, the cut she got was ugly! At least you could have given her a cuter cut if you insisted in cutting. So, lay off cutting the Black Woman's hair!!! But keep up the good work with the show, I'm LOVIN' IT!!!

Lindazkewl 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lindazkewl Click to send private message to Lindazkewl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I absolutely agree with you about the hair. If they must cut hair, they should leave the Black women alone knowing that it usually takes years for it to grow back, or at least give them an option. As it is, it's like "let us cut your hair off or you're gone." Not everyone is aware of this fact, but those in the fashion industry should, especially Tyra. In our fickle society, looks are deemed as so very important, and hair is one of the first things you notice on a woman. So I'm with you - lay off the hair!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda"
I didn't realize that black hair grows at a slower rate and knowing that now makes me feel extra bad for Jaeda. I don't have to be a black woman to sympathize with the hair issue. Every woman should understand how self conscious you can feel when you think your hair looks bad.
A lot of people complained about her being a whiner but I thought she was trying to deal with it although not overcoming it. She is a beautiful woman regardless not to mention she has a killer body! I hope she enjoys the carefree aspect of the short hair for the meantime and tries to look on the bright side.

11-16-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda"
I didn't realize that either However, Jadea clearly did know that fact and still pretty much dared them to chop her hair off. I would probably be more sympathetic about it all if Jadea hadn't acted all big at breakfast with Jay and said they could chop it all off for all she cared. I'm sure once it was official it was upsetting and she probably kicked herself in the butt for her comment but she shouldn't have said what she didn't mean.

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda"
I agree. I didn't know that it takes longer to grow. 20 years? Wow.

She did make that arrogant comment though that she didn't care if they cut her hair. So I think they went with it and she couldn't handle it.

I'm glad she's gone. She really did have 9 lives in this competition and I'm not even sure why, her pictures suck and her personality in the photoshoots or other competitions sucked. She seemed like a cool girl though but her modeling was WEAK.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-06, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Some Compassion for Jaeda"
I may be wrong about this, but wasn't Jaeda the one who said she didn't care if they cut her hair because her hair grows really fast?
Now whether or not her hair takes long to grow is not the point. She needed to learn to deal with drastic changes like that, to be a model, because the industry would be making demands like that. In the 'real world', with your average black woman, I would sympathise with someone who for some reason lost her hair and would have to spend a long time growing it back. But Jaeda chose to try to work in a world where her appearance was everyone else's business. She needed to learn to handle that.
It was obvious all her insecurities about herself were tied up in that feature. A lot of women are emotionally tied up in their hair, it's a part of their identity. So there's nothing bizarre about her behavior, and the whining didn't make me despise her or anything-- but she did need to get over it.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-27-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I don't feel Tyra should have made Jaeda cut her hair. Especially during a time when soooo many Black women are trying to GROW hair, by way of weaves. Why makd a Black woman cut her hair when it's her own! It's hard for BLACK WOMEN to grow LONG hair in the first place, so to make her cut it was totally WRONGGGGG!!! Other nationalities don't have a problem growing their hair back compared to Black women. So, shame on YOU TYRA for making Jaeda cute her hair. I LOVE your show, but I hate that you made her cut her hair, especially since you didn't make everyone else cut their hair. Next time Tyra, lay off the cutting of LONG hair for a Black girl because most likely, she'll NEVER grow it back. Hell, it probably took all of her 20 something years just to grow it! Besides, the cut she got was ugly! At least you could have given her a cuter cut if you insisted in cutting. So, lay off cutting the Black Woman's hair!!! But keep up the good work with the show, I'm LOVIN' IT!!!

Just for the record, Black hair doesn't grow any slower or faster than White hair. The difference is the characteristics of the hair that make Black hair more fragile and more prone to breakage. Here is a quote from a site I found concerning this subject.

"There are many important differences between black and white hair. Although the strands of hair are the same between both black and white women, black hair tends to be more delicate and difficult to style. All hair strands are composed of three layers, the cuticle, or outermost layer, the cortex or pigment-producing layer, and the medulla or innermost layer. Black hair follicles (the areas below the surface of the skin from which the hair originates) are curved as opposed to straight as in white hair. The curvature of the follicle is responsible for the curl of the hair and the tendency to develop ingrown hairs. Also, because the hair is often tightly coiled, it tends to be drier than white hair. The oils produced by the scalp do not migrate down from the curved hair follicle as freely, nor does the oil slide down the curled hair as it does down a straight follicle and straight hair. This dryness of the hair and scalp is the primary reason why Black women do not need to wash their hair as often as white women do.

Black hair has also been found to have a flattened, elliptical shape on cross section and it contains many microscopic (tiny) knots. These knots make the hair more prone to breakage while combing. So it is important to comb the hair gently with a wide-tooth comb, never pulling. Finally, all hair, white and black grows about one half inch per month and we can lose up to 100 hairs per day due to normal shedding. If your hair does not get longer it is not because it is not growing, but because it continually breaks. The breakage is related to all that we do to our hair."

And I agree with other posters - Jaeda told them they could cut her hair. I have a feeling that if she had stood up to them and insisted they not cut off her hair, Tyra would have praised her for standing her ground and being brave.

toi_in_VA 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toi_in_VA Click to send private message to toi_in_VA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I don't agree with you. I am a black woman and have absolutely no problem growing my hair. As long as I take care of it, as long as I don't put in excessive heat or chemicals, my hair grows very quickly and down past my shoulders. And looking at Jaeda, I don't see her having a problem growing that hair back. What made me so angry with her was she was the first one to say "cut my hair, I don't care, it'll grow back." But the moment she learns they were cutting her hair she had a hissy fit that we had to listen to every week for the next 4 weeks. It was time for her to go.

dreamvsreality 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamvsreality Click to send private message to dreamvsreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
gooooddd riddancee

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
I agree. She has been complaining all season long on how she wants her hair to be longer. well now she can stop thinking that she looks like a man and finally feel feminine once again.

Babe Repelent 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-06, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Babe%20Repelent Click to send private message to Babe%20Repelent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: FINALLY!! Jaeda can go home and grow out her HAIR!!!"
Jeada was great, she didn't complain that much.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •