The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Andrea Firing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-25-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Andrea Firing"
Yesterday was a classic episode of firing somebody because of track record more than performance. Really Allie should have gone yesterday. The fatal mistake was made by the project manager. First getting a later start than the other team and then moving the sales team to the island to get seconds on sales of the programs.

But Andrea got fired because her team all stepped up and said she was a pain to work with. All of us viewers saw her abrasive personality. She was hard to work with as a team member and not the type of project manager you want to work for either.

As much as I disliked her. I thought to myself.....I dislike everyone else just as much. I know others don't like Tarek and Lee, but I am finding myself liking those two the most.

In the boardroom I was hoping Donald would wise up and figgure that this was a case of the girls becoming Frat Girls. It was obvious to me that there is a little click in this group and Andrea was going to be the target no matter how she performed.

Donald shows his inconsistencies. In the past he would say so and so was not the reason you lost.....you lost because of ______. Well, the team did not lose because of Andrea. I can understand firing for any reason, but other times he seems to use this excuse frequently.

Andrea went, but why can't we just send home all of these obnoxious people. As for Allie, looks like she gets jealous of whats her face next week. They all wanted the obnoxious English guy and he chose someone else over you. She doesn't look like she is handling it very well. She still thinks that wanker liked her because of the little kiss she got a couple weeks ago. Is it me or am I the only one who finds the wanker obnolxious too?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Andrea Firing tinkerer 04-25-06 1
   As Ye Sow.Dep't tinkerer 04-25-06 2
 RE: Andrea Firing jackandjill 04-25-06 3
 RE: Andrea Firing CattyChat 04-25-06 4
 RE: Andrea Firing iltarion 04-25-06 5
   RE: Andrea Firing CattyChat 04-25-06 6
       RE: Andrea Firing vennui 05-01-06 16
   RE: Andrea Firing lindan 04-26-06 11
 RE: Andrea Firing pines6217 04-25-06 7
   RE: Andrea Firing BeeBe 04-26-06 8
       RE: Andrea Firing Wacko Jacko 04-26-06 9
           RE: Andrea Firing LisaPles 04-26-06 10
               RE: Andrea Firing Wacko Jacko 04-26-06 12
                   RE: Andrea Firing lindan 04-26-06 13
                       RE: Andrea Firing Wacko Jacko 04-27-06 14
                           Allie Might Have Done Better Job Th... tinkerer 04-30-06 15
                               RE: Allie Might Have Done Better Jo... Wacko Jacko 05-02-06 17
                                   Wish We Had Some Specifics tinkerer 05-02-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Andrea Firing"

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead.
She's gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-25-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "As Ye Sow.Dep't"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

First, I don't give a damn about anybody in Synergy except Roxanne, because of what they did to Brent. Maybe Brent was a misfit and deserved to go, but I don't think I ever saw a group of adults band together not only to prevent someone from showing what they can do, but to take every opportunity to insult and embarrass them. Only Roxanne bothered to see through Stacy's deception and stick up for Brent one day in the boardroom. Eventually she didn't bother sticking up for him, but at least she gave Brent a couple of weeks to stick around and hopefully turn it around for himself. The others never even remotely considered the idea that Brent should be treated like a human being.

As for Andrea, I think her going after Michael just came back to bite her. She led the charge against Brent, who was pretty much an outsider from the get-go. But to turn around and lead a lynch mob against a guy who just won for the team, albeit raggedly, sent a clear message to the rest of the team: Get rid of Andrea or she will come to get you. Being a winning Project Manager is no protection.

Allie made mistakes, for sure, but Andrea was largely in charge of graphics, so she was something of a target. Remember, when Synergy finally showed up, they found that their program could not compete visually with Gold Rush's, which is why they had to leave. So I guess Andrea gets put on the spot for that.

Nevertheless, there was plenty of justified blame to go around, and I think that if Andrea had not pulled her power play against Michael, she would have survived the task. Allie made too many mistakes-getting caught on the island when the boat pulled away, trusting Tammy, getting the team there late, not sending at least one or two members to Liberty City where would have no competition, etc.

I think Andrea would still be around if she didn't force Michael over to the other team.

jackandjill 204 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jackandjill Click to send private message to jackandjill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Andrea Firing"
I think Andrea could have saved her butt if she was better at pointing out Allie's poor PM skills. Andrea just didn't defend herself even when Trump was surprised to hear the team hated working with her.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Andrea Firing"
I agree that, by rights, Allie should have been fired mostly for her poor judgment & performance as the PM in this task and her overall performance and pathetic flirting with English Guy.

Andrea's days were numbered though, because she is an EXTREMELY abrasive person and she did undermine the acting PMs & caused way too much stress & drama. She said it herself "This is why I work for myself!" Unfortunately, Andrea doesn't realize she is a major reason for her problems working with others. IMHO, Andrea is one of the nastiest of the applicants this year and her edits consistely showed her bad sides so we'd all be agreement with Trump that she needed to be fired.

Andrea's "expertise" in graphic design was a joke ~~ also, wasn't it Andrea who did such a lousy job on the cereal box a few eps back? Allie was dumb to allow Andrea to take charge in the design for a second time after her failure before. Also, the fact that Andrea stated her "expertise" at batch sales at the 11th hour was another reason to get her fired. Andrea was all talk.

The reason Andrea was fired, ultimately, is because Trump doesn't like overly strong & aggressive women. It's obvious he feels emasculated by anyone, especially women, who have no qualms in asserting themselves and trying to overpower others. Trump is an idiotic, chauvinistic, homophobic, racist jerk. Andrea was the farthest thing from a team player & was an easy target for firing, BUT Trump has fired other strong-willed women that SHOULDN'T have been fired, except to save Trump's overblown ego . . . the best example was Pamela a couple seasons back. She was a winning PM, tough-as-nails, Trump switched her to the losing team to help them get their act together -- the team lost, but Pam did the best job of anyone else trying to get that team of misfits on the right track.

Long story short, Trump rarely makes any logical sense in his firings, it's whatever way his frizzled, badly bleached hair is blowing that day. (Too many close-ups of the back of Trump's head last ep -- his hair looks like someone singed it with matches. *shudders* I never have understood why attractive young women can block out all the bad just for the money.

"As much as I disliked her. I thought to myself.....I dislike everyone else just as much. I know others don't like Tarek and Lee, but I am finding myself liking those two the most."

You said it, WJ. After Lenny went -- who had not a chance in he!! to win, but was fun to watch -- this season lost the last of it's luster. Trump fired all the most qualified & decent candidates. Lee is my fave right now, because he's out there really trying & is likeable. I think he had a better chance with Lenny at his side, since Lee is a bit of a pushover & tries to be too diplomatic & nice. Not since Troy & Quamie has there been a better duo than Lee & Lenny. I think there's a great chance Lee will be F2 (since there's no real competition) and Lenny will be one of the fired brought back. If Lee has Lenny as his henchman at the final challenge, Lee has a great chance at winning.

I am still not a fan of Tarek, but he is slowly redeeming himself. I still think he's a buffoon who needs to admit that he's not as smart as he thinks he is, in order for him to succeed.

The person I despise the most at this point is Charmaine. She is the most conceited, jealous & pathetic person left. Looks like she is PM next week. I hope Gold Rush wins, IN SPITE of Charmaine, because the way Trump's mind works, he'll keep Charmaine around as eye candy a little bit longer and one of the 3 guys will go -- all of whom could run circles around Charmaine.

"Is it me or am I the only one who finds the wanker obnoxious too?

It's not just you, Wacko. How quickly this guy went from charming English gent to sleazy, insipid & pathetic. He sure thinks he's Don Juan, that's for sure. The remaining Synnergy members and their giant love-in that apparently is finally going to start imploding is such a joke & it's obvious that none of these people will win & most likely none will make it F2. They all took themselves out of the running by all their flirting. This is one long job interview . . . romance at work is a BAD IDEA and nothing but trouble.

I think we're going to see a Gold Rush upswing and they're going to win the next 2-3 tasks. I think Allie is toast next week.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Andrea Firing"
Some people made some VERY TRUE points here.
It is true that the firings are inconsistent. Sometimes the weakest team member is fired and sometimes the team member that did the worst during the challenge is fired. Ideally Trump would like it if it was always the same person, but, inevidably, it isn't.
I thought Andrea would skate by thanks to her prior record and her ability to defend herself. However, shockingly, she made little attempt to state her case in the boardroom. Is it possible that even Andrea was intimidated by 3 women picking on her? Or is it that Andrea was simply just waiting for the return to the boardroom when she could get Allie one-on-one? I think her fate was sealed when Trump complimented Roxanne on her speaking ability. Roxanne is who slammed the door on Andrea. I was also shocked to see Andrea cry on the way out. IF she would have shown some humanity, not crying, we've had plenty of that, but otherwise emotion while in the suite, she probably wouldn't have been so disliked. It was the classic case of no matter how strong you are, if your teammates don't like you, you won't win. Andrea's firing was completely understandable. You can't just be a strong leader to win The Apprentice. You have to be a likable leader.
The two biggest mistakes were the graphics on the brochure and not getting out BEFORE Gold Rush, which really was probably the single biggest factor to either team winning. So, Allie maybe deserved to be fired, but when 3/5s of the team blames Andrea, and not Allie, what is Trump to do? Trump wisely listened to the team in this case and fired the right person as far as I am concerned.
Regarding some BAD points made on this thread, first of all, Brent was a clown who had no place on The Apprentice accept as comic relief. If you don't see that's the only reason he was on there, then I don't know what to tell you. The team ambushed him for a reason, and it wasn't because he was "strong."
Secondly, CattyChat, I am shocked at you considering how well we agree on Survivor takes, but calling Trump basically "racist, sexist, and homophobic" is COMPLETELY irresponsible. I am not a huge Trump fan myself, but whether I like the man or not, he has done NOTHING to warrant being called any of those heinous things. Those are nasty accusations that should not be made without some evidence, and I have seen absolutely nothing that excuses a racist or homophobic charge: sexist? Maybe. Didn't Trump just hire Randall? Didn't he hire Kendra before that? And spare me the 'that doesn't prove anything" line. It might not prove anything, but it certainly weighs on his side; whereas I can't think of anything that proves the opposite. I can understand you don't like the guy, but those are really ridiculous charges against a man that none of us really know.
Andrea and Pamela deserved to be fired. They were arrogant women who didn't work well with their teams.
Trump does seem to prefer attractive women, but that isn't sexist. It is just shallow.
Lastly, I think Lee performed very well, and Gold Rush is now stronger than Synergy. Personally, I am a Tarek fan, and I also like Charmaine.
I think Sean is the strongest Synergy member, and I'm not sure why people hate him so much. Because he's British? I don't get it. He stuck to his beliefs that Allie deserved to go last night, even though he might have lost at least one friend in doing so. That is what you call integrity.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Andrea Firing"
My criticsm of Trump may be harsh . . . I'm not saying he's out burning crosses on lawns or anything like that, but IMO and many other people I know, Trump is, to varying degrees homophobic, racist, sexist, among other things.

Also, in my defense, I base my opinion of Trump (as many people here know I LOATHE the man) on personal knowledge . . . I've met the guy a couple of times, I know NUMEROUS people Trump has screwed over by the way he does business & bankruptcy filings & I have been privy to information that I cannot divulge to others because of confidentiality laws. I am one of many people I know who are looking forward to Trump's comeuppance.

On his show, if he had his way he would only hire the Bill Rancic's & Kelly's of the world -- YES men. Randall was the token "black" guy and much too good to work for Trump -- so far I have yet to hear Trump acknowledge him after his hire in any interviews. Same goes for what's-her-name he hired season 3 -- you could see he didn't want to hire her, but he's all about the ratings and he needed to hire a woman. In interviews he mostly pimps Bill and sometimes Kelly -- no mention of his other 2.

Anyway, I just can't stand Trump and I wanted to let you know that it's based on a lot of other factors that "Apprentice" watchers don't know about and I don't expect people to agree with me, but that's just my opinion of the man.

On Survivor, I'm with you Iltarion

vennui 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vennui Click to send private message to vennui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Andrea Firing"

I knew it !! I knew there were reasons he make me feel creepy.

I still don't know why anyone wants to work for that man.

I could imagine him being a robber baron in the Middle ages

striding through his baronny. Causing havoc and grief wherever her goes. He would probably take advantage of the custom of demanding the first night with the brides of any of his serfs as his due.

He is creepy.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Andrea Firing"
>Andrea and Pamela deserved to be
>fired. They were arrogant women
>who didn't work well with
>their teams.
Not quite a fair comparison between these 2, as Pamela did earn the respect of others while Andrea didn't. Pamela was asked to lead a group of women who are having so many fights amongst themselves, and she almost led them to victory. Pamela may be harsh and people may not find it comfortable working under her, but her qualifications still earned the respect of Trump and other people (Trump specifically said that he respects Pamela before sending her back to the women's team to lead them). When Jenn and Kelly were picking candidates to help them on the final task, Pamela was picked pretty early.

While we're talking about Pamela and Andrea, I would also like to throw in the name of another woman with a strong edge - Alla. She deserves doesn't deserve to be fired in that task at all. If she and Randall goes head to head in final 2, she will probably still lose to Randall, but Alla deserves to go farther tahn Rebecca. Trump really has done a lot to ensure that Rebecca will go as far as possible.

>I think Sean is the strongest
>Synergy member, and I'm not
>sure why people hate him
>so much.

Sean choked big time on the cereal box presentation. Trumped fired Angie in Apprentice 3 because she choked (eventhough she did all the work that task and Alex was late for the presentation), and Trump made it clear that he hates people who choke during crunch time.

I don't hate Sean, but I don't think he'll last long when the editing choose to show him choke on a presentation.

pines6217 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pines6217 Click to send private message to pines6217 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Andrea Firing"
Allie as project manager made two mistakes - missing the boat and then selecting a poor selling location - and yet Donald didn't even ask Allie to bring two people in with her? What kind of horse s**t is this??

BeeBe 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeeBe Click to send private message to BeeBe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Andrea Firing"
Allie's time to go will come. But Andrea's insufferable obnoxiousness just begged for a firing, and if it was already clear to Trump that he would NEVER want to work with Andrea, who can blame him? She botched the graphic design task some weeks back, and a week or two later she insisted that the black-and-white film introduction to the cruise commercial just HAD to be scrapped, but it stayed in and was a factor in her team's win. Yet, despite this and other lack of foresight and incompetence, she never wiped that smug, eye-rolling, holier-than-thou look off of her face. Each week, friends and I wondered, what in the world does she think she contributes to her team, besides megalomania? Andrea was a nasty saboteur - the LAST thing anyone would want in his or her organization.

As Glinda the Good Witch once said, "Be GONE with you Andrea!!"

04-26-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Andrea Firing"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

BeeBee, I started the post and I agree Andrea had to go. I just was stating on this task that Allie, not Andrea was the worst performer. The girls were going to gang up on Andrea no matter what she had done. An organization should not be ran by people who get into clicks and run things not on performance but I am better friends with this person than that person. The girls were doing that. I do however think in the end Andrea probably should of been fired, but I think Trump should've given more consideration at breaking up the alliance/click. To not have three go to the final boardroom was wrong. Because it was not that CLEAR that Andrea should've gone. Both Andrea and Allie had a nice track record before the task. Andrea is tough to work with....but something tells me that Allie isn't a piece of cake either. But Allie did deserve some slack this time, however from here on I would say she is on the hot seat. Trump told lee before this weeks task he was on the hot seat...he should do the same for Allie....it was not fair that Lee was singled out in front of the others. Allie was the worst performer on that task it was clear to me......Allie however is in denial. Andrea went and frankly I am glad I don't need to see that conceeded women on more show. Too bad however I still have to look at Allie........yuke.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Andrea Firing"
Good riddance to Andrea! What a drip! She acted like she was an expert on everything, but she was a total lame non-performer!
I couldn't stand to look at her for one more episode, she gave me the creeps!
Yeeeck!

04-26-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Andrea Firing"
To me, for the main reason that Allie would've had to choose somebody to go to the boardroom with her and Andrea. This would case Allie to lose her 'friendship' with someone. Would she of chose the girl who left the book on the dock or the wanker? It would of been interesting to see who she had chosen.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Andrea Firing"
Very likely she'll just bring Andrea in and take her one on one. Sean didn't do anything wrong to be brought into the boardroom. Bringing either Roxanne or Tammy in would be a sign of unloyalty (Trump hates unloyal people).

04-27-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Andrea Firing"
Trump hates unloyal people when convenient. Look if the worst to performers oin the team were Andrea and Tammy then Trump would want her to bring in those people. If for example she brought in Sean when he performed clearlt better than say Tammy.....Trump hates that even more.

I agree she would of just brought Andrea, but I hate that you only have to bring 1.......it takes some of the 'politics' out of the game.

04-30-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
15. "Allie Might Have Done Better Job Than I First Thought"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-06 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

Several people, including myself, have criticized Allie for a variety of things, such as getting there after Gold Rush and not sending people to sell the programs at Liberty City. Even though I don't particularly like Allie, fair is fair, and after reconsidering some things, I think she might have done better that I first figured.

A. She came in after Lee-but does anyone recall what time she got there? I looked up the hours of Ellis Island-9 to 5. I presume the first ferry leaves Battery Park, (Manhattan) at 8:30 or so, assuming a half hour ferry ride. Lee said he got there at the crack of dawn, and we knew this was filmed in the early fall, so there was plenty of time between earliest daylight and the first ferry leaving.

If Allie got her people set up and selling programs 15 or 20 minutes before the first ferry left, then she did a good job getting her people down to the docks on time. Lee might have already sewn up the waiting crowd because he was there for hours, but at most that would have been only for the first ferry load. If there were a dozen or more ferries per day, (somebody on the board mentioned every 20 minutes), then the loss of one ferry load of people is slight indeed. Heck if there are 12, 15 ferries or more, even missing one or two ferry loads would not be that catastrophic. Allie might have gotten her people down to Battery Park after Lee, but I don't recall anyone saying she missed any ferries. If she had missed some, I believe it would have come out in the boardroom. I don't believe it did.

B. Liberty City. Liberty City is in New Jersey. Battery Park is in New York. I do remember a controversy sometime ago involving Ellis Island and those two states. The problem with Battery Park, for Allie, was that her team's program could not compete with Gold Rush's program on quality. So she had to concede the Battery Park docks to Gold Rush. She went to Ellis Island itself. Why didn't she go to Liberty City-she could've just had the team take one of the returning ferries there?

I think we can deduce the answer-she couldn't go there. She must not have had permission to sell on the docks. Since Trump has building projects in both states, he is not going to chance angering officials in either state by mentioning the dispute, so it never got on the air. But I think Allie went to Ellis Island itself to get the Liberty City people as they got off the boat, because she couldn't go to the Liberty City docks. There would be no other reason to go to Ellis Island-Gold Rush already had sold the Battery Park people.

The trouble, of course, is that catching people to buy a program when they disembark and can just walk past you and see the display is much harder than selling programs to people who have to wait on line for 10 minutes or more and listen to your sales pitch. You are going to get a much smaller percentage of people buying. So Allie had people circulate around the museum, hoping to catch some more Liberty City people there. Pretty smart thinking, once you accept the fact that Allie's program was inferior to Gold Rush's. A lesser Project Manager would have just stayed at Battery Park and gotten beat, much as Synergy stayed at Stacy's location and just watched themselves get beat on the Gillette task.

Which brings up the question: whose fault was it the Synergy program was inferior? The two candidates would be Project Manager Allie and Graphics person Andrea. Ultimately you would think the Project Manager is responsible for the product, but then, what were Allie's options? Nobody on the team had any background in art or design, as I recall, except Andrea, who volunteered for it. Allie was stuck with Andrea. If the program was inferior to Gold Rush's, then it is because Tarek did his job better than Andrea did hers. And the inferiority of Synergy's program is what caused Allie to abandon the best place to sell the program-Battery Park-because she could not compete.

I think that Trump gave Allie deserved credit for playing the cards she was dealt about as well as she could play them. I think he blamed Andrea more for the program than Allie, which is fairly reasonable considering the difference in their backgrounds. And Allie showed spunk in realizing that if she just stayed at her location, she was bound to lose, so she made creative efforts to tap a large market from Liberty City, which she was forbidden to access directly. I think that is why Trump spared her, even though her team got outsold almost 2 to 1.

05-02-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Allie Might Have Done Better Job Than I First Thought"
I disagree. Allie should've gotten there earlier. And when she decided to go to the Island she was really getting seconds. I have been to NYC and was unaware of the NJ docks but even so the NYC docks are much more famous and attract larger crowds. Allie did a poor job on this task. I always said that I understand why Andrea was fired, Allie was given a second chance and Trump probably thought given her track record and qualifications she deserved it. I can't argue with that. All I was saying earlier is that Allie was the worst performer on that task...not Andrea.

05-02-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
18. "Wish We Had Some Specifics"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

There is so much that we don't know that it is hard to argue the point.

Ellis Island museum opens at 9AM, I suppose the first ferry leave Battery Park at 8:30 or so. We know Lee got there early at the crack of dawn, but we don't what specific time Allie got her team down there. If she got them down and set up to sell programs 15 minutes or more before the first ferry left, then I would say she did a reasonable job getting down there. If I were running the task, I would assume that if I'm set up 15 minutes or more before the first boat leaves I'm in good shape.

Lee either lucked out by three ferries full of people lining up for an hour or more before the first ferry departed, or he somehow checked it out first. In that case, that would be unusually great managing by Lee. Trump might have figured, as I would, that the people started lining up a few minutes before the first ferry, so getting there 15 minutes before the first one leaves is reasonable. I just decided to give Allie the benefit of the doubt here, because I don't actually know that she didn't get set up and selling well before the first ferry left.

Also, we don't know how often the ferries leave. Someone on the board mentioned every 20 minutes. If that is so, then even if Gold Rush copped three ferries full of people before Synergy arrived, that doesn't even begin to explain how Gold Rush outsold Synergy about two to one.

The NYC docks do attract larger crowds, apparently it is 60% NYC to 40% NJ. But the issue was that Synergy's program could not compete on quality with Gold Rush's in an even match. That's what set Allie off looking for places where she did not have to compete head on with Gold Rush. The fact that she tried that, instead of just staying at Battery Park and getting beat, is what saved her. Remember, Pepi stayed at one place in the Gillette task even though he knew he was getting beat, and that is why he was fired. Trump just decided that Andrea, considering her design background, was to be held more to account for the program's inherent inferiority to Gold Rush's, and that was the core of the problem.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •