The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-06, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-06 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 11:47 PM (EST)

Leslie is an extremely attractive woman. She really looks great for someone who's 38 going on 39. Trouble is, her age is listed as 28 years old.

I'm not trying to tear anyone apart, or run down their looks. Leslie has a great body, and her face is very pretty. But there is no way I am buying that she's under 30-or even just a couple of years over 30.

It's not just her looks, it's the expressions on her face, the way she carries herself, everything. There is nothing about her which says "twenties", or even "late twenties". I cannot begin to believe that only six years ago she was in college.

Take a look at any junior high school when the kids are being let out, and you will see many women who look a lot like Leslie waiting to take their children home. Needless to say, those women are mostly in their late thirties or older. Somebody seems to have forgotten a few birthdays here.

With what little screen time Leslie has had, they made a big deal out of her supposed school girl athletic career. Back in third grade she is supposed to have won state awards, etc.

Well, it looks to me that maybe the reason she won those awards was that she was actually ten yers older than the other contestants.

I am posting a couple of pictures of Leslie below. Again, she is an attractive woman. But tell me if you actually believe she's 28 years old.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think Sh... Twinkles 04-22-06 1
   RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think Sh... tinkerer 04-24-06 2
   RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think Sh... lindan 04-24-06 3
 RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think Sh... Hoobie 04-25-06 4
   RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think Sh... Wacko Jacko 04-25-06 5
       RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think Sh... miss_ganda 04-30-06 6
           It's Not All All-Nighters tinkerer 05-01-06 7
               RE: It's Not All All-Nighters SurvivorBlows 05-01-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-22-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
She looks like she has a health problem, actually, like she's bloated or stressed or smoking. Sort of like she's not sleeping or not eating the usual foods.

I have no idea what her age is. People age at different rates.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-24-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
I have no idea what her age is. People age at different rates. Twinkles

You are correct about that, of course. And normally, I almost never discuss anyone's age, largely because I think it is not that important. In most cases, even if a person is fibbing a bit about their real age, it surely is the most minor and forgivable of vanities.

But with Leslie, the disconnect between how old she appears and how old she claims was just too great. As I said, Leslie would appear to fit right in with the mothers picking up their sixth and seventh graders from school, yet says she is 28. I just can't see it.

When a person tells me their age, normally I accept it because I really don't care much. But this time, the reality seems way too far off from the claim not to take notice.....

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
Appearance can be deceiving. It's not likely that she has a health problem when she is a former State swimming and tennis champion who still participates in tennis competition. She definitely doesn't train as intensively as before, but sounds like she's still pretty athletic.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
I agree with you. It's not just her looks (although that is a large part of it), it's how she carries herself and acts. I am 31 and to think that I have several years on her is scary to me.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-25-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
You gotta remember these people are under a lot of stress. Plus they get no sleep. I think part of it is she dresses very conservative and that makes her look older.

miss_ganda 457 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-30-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miss_ganda Click to send private message to miss_ganda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Leslie: Do You Really Think She's Only 28?"
Thank you, I'd like to see Leslie's or other candidates' crtiticizing their looks, go on the show and see how they'd look with 16 or so weeks of little to no sleep and just plenty of (Red) Bull to get them going.

I'm really impressed that Charmaine, Allie & Tammy can still look camera-friendly, at this point.

05-01-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
7. "It's Not All All-Nighters"
see how they'd look with 16 or so weeks of little to no sleep and just plenty of (Red) Bull to get them going.

How many all-nighters do these people pull throughout the series? Three at most? So once every few weeks, in order to get a task done, you pull an all nighter.

I think they shoot about one task a week, some weeks two tasks. I don't think their schedule is all that grueling. Some days are tough, sure, but they seem to get plenty of time off.

As you stated yourself, the others are not so visibly affected by this schedule. I don't think that's the reason Leslie looks a decade older than she is supposed to be.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's Not All All-Nighters"
>I think they shoot about one task a week, some weeks
>two tasks. I don't think their schedule is all
>that grueling. Some days are tough, sure, but they
>seem to get plenty of time off.

They average more than one task a week. Despite the "fifteen week job interview" tagline that Trump always uses, each Apprentice edition is shot on a shooting schedule very similar to that of Survivor, the other Mark Burnett show that inspired it. The show films over about 5-6 weeks.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •