The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RELAX!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RELAX!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

I've been up all night (working the overnight shift), so I've had the chance to read most of what's been written and I have one last thing to say:

WHITE PEOPLE, RELAX, IT'S JUST A REALITY SHOW. YOU ALL ARE STILL WINNING!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RELAX!!! Akane 12-16-05 1
   RE: RELAX!!! FairfaxLadybug 12-16-05 2
       RE: RELAX!!! zipperhead 12-16-05 3
       RE: RELAX!!! EnfanTerrible 12-16-05 4
       RE: RELAX!!! Akane 12-16-05 5
       RE: RELAX!!! rose1970 12-16-05 6
   RE: RELAX!!! singer 12-16-05 7
       RE: RELAX!!! Wacko Jacko 12-16-05 8
       RE: RELAX!!! Akane 12-16-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Akane 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Akane Click to send private message to Akane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RELAX!!!"
I hope you realize that by constantly making the racial arguments and comments, you are yourself only perpetuating the racial issue. The only time when racism will be eliminated is when people learn to stop thinking in terms of race at all, and just think of themselves and each other as people.

FairfaxLadybug 21 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FairfaxLadybug Click to send private message to FairfaxLadybug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RELAX!!!"
It's impossible to stop thinking about race when it's forever in your face. Be honest. If Randal was a white man, this never would have happened. He would have been the winner, hands down, no further discussion.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-16-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RELAX!!!"
Have to say that I agree with you 100%.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-16-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RELAX!!!"

> If Randal was a
>white man, this never would
>have happened. He would
>have been the winner, hands
>down, no further discussion.

Not true. Race had nothing to do with that part of it.

Anyway, this thread will be locked because the OP is bashing us for having a strong opinion about a TV show.

As far as being able to post racist remarks, I'd rather keep it out in the open. Know The Enemy.

12-16-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Akane Click to send private message to Akane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RELAX!!!"
>It's impossible to stop thinking about
>race when it's forever in
>your face. Be honest.
> If Randal was a
>white man, this never would
>have happened. He would
>have been the winner, hands
>down, no further discussion.

I am being 100% honest when I say that I do not believe race was a factor in Trump's decision here. First of all, I didnt not see the first season, so I may not be completely correct when I say this, but, from all indications, it seemed like Trump truely felt that this was the closest call yet. Furthermore, I actually think that if there was an ulterior motive behind the possible two hiring scenario, it probably had more to do with a surprise ending or controversy about it rather than race. Again, I haven't seen one shred of evidence that race was a factor here.

As far as not thinking about race because it being forever in your face, perhaps you are right. What you CAN control, however, is whether or not you let it influence you. So I will amend my earlier statement from not thinking about races to not letting it being a deciding factor in anything.

rose1970 17 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rose1970 Click to send private message to rose1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RELAX!!!"
I can't believe your using the race card...bottom line ..Randal was the favorite threw out the show. so why wasn't the race card used there. Please ...people are upset because he came across as a wonderful kind person. But when it came down to it..he was out for himself. Is that wrong..maybe,.. maybe not.
But I think People seen him as this wonder sweet well spoken person. and in the end it was about him not anyone else....In the show Trump said over all the 13 weeks Randal was the best and I thought he was going to win...He was my pick from week 2. I'm thrilled he won. But at the end he couldn't give this girl a job. He went on that they were great friends. Well if he treats his friends like that. I wouldn't want to be his enemy.
But pulling out the race card in this show..Is horrible...

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RELAX!!!"
>I hope you realize that by
>constantly making the racial arguments
>and comments, you are yourself
>only perpetuating the racial issue.
> The only time when
>racism will be eliminated is
>when people learn to stop
>thinking in terms of race
>at all, and just think
>of themselves and each other
>as people.

Then please explain why no one suggested that Boyfriend Bill hire Kwame, or that Robot Kelly hire Jen M, or that Kendra hire Tana?

Why is Randal's clear win such a lightening rod for certain groups of people? Why the double standard?

I blame the entire "argument" on The Donald and on Mark Burnett, the Kings of Stereotypical Editing and on others who believe in meritocracy only when it suits them.

--Singer

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-16-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RELAX!!!"
This post is very sad. White people are not upset with Randal winning. I won't go into to this further because I don't want to lump all of one race into this conversation. But this post is very racist.

12-16-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: RELAX!!!"
>>I hope you realize that by
>>constantly making the racial arguments
>>and comments, you are yourself
>>only perpetuating the racial issue.
>> The only time when
>>racism will be eliminated is
>>when people learn to stop
>>thinking in terms of race
>>at all, and just think
>>of themselves and each other
>>as people.
>
>
>Then please explain why no one
>suggested that Boyfriend Bill hire
>Kwame, or that Robot Kelly
>hire Jen M, or that
>Kendra hire Tana?
>
>Why is Randal's clear win such
>a lightening rod for certain
>groups of people? Why
>the double standard?
>
>I blame the entire "argument" on
>The Donald and on Mark
>Burnett, the Kings of Stereotypical
>Editing and on others who
>believe in meritocracy only when
>it suits them.
>
>--Singer

Exaplain? Very simple. It probably never occurred to anyone the first time around, in Season 1. From what I have heard, however, if it had occurred to them then, it might have been possible because from what I have heard (I didn't see season 1) Bill and Kwame actually liked each other and respected each other.

That was clearly not the case in the following seasons. Kelly would not have hired Jen if asked, and Kendra would not have hired Tana. There was absolutely no comrderie there in either case; nor do I believe that Trump felt either of those two cases were as close a call as this season. Again, having missed season one, I can't speak to that in reference to the first season.

But as I said in another post, I am far more inclined to believe that if there was an ulterior motive for the chance at a second hiring, it was more for controversy and surprise than race.

And I don't believe that Randal even had a "clear" win, at least, not if you are refering to the closeness of the call in Trump's mind. Trump very clearly stated this was a very tough call, and I believe he might have said this was the toughest call yet.

Finally, all you have given as evidence of possible racism here is the fact that this is the first time a black person has won and that this is the first time the person who won was asked if they thought the runner up should be hired. That is not even close to conclusive proof. You can believe what you want to, everyone can, but in any kind of judged debate or in a court where evidence has to be conclusive, your argument would be deemed inadequate as proof of anything.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •