The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randal of all people!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ND4me 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ND4me Click to send private message to ND4me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randal of all people!"
As a black man, I am completely disgusted that Randal perpetuated elitism and exclusivism by actively denying Rebecca an opportunity she has at the very least shown she is qualified for. I would have NO problem if he had said that he honestly believes that Rebecca needed more experience or was somehow not sufficiently skilled for the job. But no... All he said was that he wanted the whole pie ALL FOR HIMSELF. How many times has he, as a black man, been denied opportunites he has deserved because of the kind of attitude he exhibited tonite? How many times has he turned away because of greed and exclusivism? Good God...the man is part owner of a black owned business. All partners and the vast majority of employees are black. Where is his commitment to equity and fairness? He could have leveled the playing field tonite with NO harm or inconvenience to himself.

In short, what a selfish, elitist schmuck.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randal of all people! mythmargaret 12-16-05 1
   RE: Randal of all people! sheplu 12-16-05 13
 RE: Randal of all people! qbfinest 12-16-05 2
   RE: Randal of all people! maxer 12-16-05 3
   RE: Randal of all people! ND4me 12-16-05 4
 RE: Randal of all people! realityshowgeek 12-16-05 5
   RE: Randal of all people! MizJazmine 12-16-05 9
   RE: Randal of all people! ND4me 12-16-05 15
       RE: Randal of all people! sheplu 12-16-05 19
       RE: Randal of all people! MizJazmine 12-16-05 21
           RE: Randal of all people! ND4me 12-16-05 22
               RE: Randal of all people! sheplu 12-16-05 23
                   RE: Randal of all people! ND4me 12-16-05 25
                       RE: Randal of all people! MizJazmine 12-16-05 26
 RE: Randal of all people! sheplu 12-16-05 6
   RE: Randal of all people! CantStandToLook 12-16-05 7
       RE: Randal of all people! MizJazmine 12-16-05 10
       RE: Randal of all people! alyse73 12-16-05 11
 RE: Randal of all people! MizJazmine 12-16-05 8
   RE: Randal of all people! alyse73 12-16-05 12
   RE: Randal of all people! maxer 12-16-05 14
       RE: Randal of all people! sheplu 12-16-05 16
           RE: Randal of all people! maxer 12-16-05 17
               RE: Randal of all people! sheplu 12-16-05 20
 RE: Randal of all people! cycles2k 12-16-05 18
   RE: Randal of all people! divagirl 12-16-05 24
       RE: Randal of all people! MizJazmine 12-16-05 27
 RE: Randal of all people! ctechic 12-16-05 28
 RE: Randal of all people! singer 12-16-05 29
   RE: Randal of all people! shanana banana 12-16-05 30
 RE: Randal of all people! maybaybee 12-16-05 31
 RE: Randal of all people! Elmay 12-16-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mythmargaret 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mythmargaret Click to send private message to mythmargaret Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Well said - I completely agree with you.
It was so disapointing.
I believe Trump fully expected Randall to be magnanimous - I think he was shocked when this played out. He, like us, thought better of him.
What a sad night.

sheplu 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sheplu Click to send private message to sheplu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Randal was a true gentleman. When he could have went over the reasons why he felt the woman was not ready for the task she chose, He took the hit. He claimed his victory!

qbfinest 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qbfinest Click to send private message to qbfinest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Randal of all people!"
I disagree...he endured 13 weeks just like the rest of the candidates, he flat out won the task, and he was more qualified for the job. Can you honestly say what qualities Rebecca had over Randall? Its obvious that Trump had a strong affinity for her from the start, not in a business sense, but in a father-daughter relationship.

The task was to raise money for the charity, she raised ZERO, but Trump didn't jump down her throat, he only mentioned it once in the whole show. If it was anybody else, he would attack them over and over on that issue. Why should Randall compromise what he rightfully won?

Another thing you have to remember. Trump questioned Randall's toughness as being his biggest weakness. What if he agreed to having Rebecca hired and in turn, he got fired instead? Trump could've seen that a huge sign of weakness. You dont turn that chance of lifetime based on a friendship spanning 13 weeks and Randall passed the test. What if the surprise wasn't to have both hired but to one believed to be hired? Surprises come in all shapes and forms...

Would I have to liked to see Rebecca hired? Of course. She was always a favorite of mine, but like Randall said, there's only one Apprentice and in any competition, there should be one clear winner.

maxer 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maxer Click to send private message to maxer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randal of all people!"

the fact that randal couldn't believe himself to be the winner if he believed rebecca's talent and energy would be a great asset to the trump organization only supports the fact that he is an egomaniac

12-16-05, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ND4me Click to send private message to ND4me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Randal of all people!"
>I disagree...he endured 13 weeks just
>like the rest of the
>candidates, he flat out won
>the task, and he was
>more qualified for the job.
>Can you honestly say what
>qualities Rebecca had over Randall?

Your argument is very modern era. "In order for someone to win, someone else must lose." What I'm saying is that we can think about this in post-modern terms. "There's enough here for both of us."

My disappointment goes beyond indignation over the fairness issue. At a very basic level, he showed that he's extremely limited in his thinking and selfish in his approach.

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 03:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Of all people Randal??? That's what I'm talking about. Why does Randal have to do something no other winner of any contest is expected to do? Black people need to stop worrying so much about what "other" people will think of them. I swear we go out of our way to show we're non-threatening!! Randal should have said "Aw, shucks I'm just so happy to be here with all you good white folks, I'll be honored to share my prize with Miss Becky" as he tap dance off stage. OUTRAGEOUS!!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-05, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Randal of all people!"
I know...I know...smh...That's what they wanted though, and I'm glad he didn't deliver.

12-16-05, 03:31 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Randal of all people!"
>Of all people Randal??? That's what
>I'm talking about. Why does
>Randal have to do something
>no other winner of any
>contest is expected to do?
>Black people need to stop
>worrying so much about what
>"other" people will think of
>them. I swear we go
>out of our way to
>show we're non-threatening!! Randal should
>have said "Aw, shucks I'm
>just so happy to be
>here with all you good
>white folks, I'll be honored
>to share my prize with
>Miss Becky" as he tap
>dance off stage. OUTRAGEOUS!!

Dear lord... (Though I did like the tap dancing reference. That one made me smile.) I'm not talking about shuckin' and jivin' for the folks in the front house. I'm talking about rising above... Playing the game OUR way because it's the RIGHT way regardless of the what anyone else says or does. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're the ones selling the idea that creating equity and opportunity is positive for everyone - black, white, advantaged, disadvantaged. So what...we're supposed to be able to say "but gimme gimme gimme and screw you when it's my turn?"

12-16-05, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sheplu Click to send private message to sheplu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Randal of all people!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 03:47 AM (EST)

Rebecca failed her task she did not satisfy the two clients. Randal stated that she was not ready. He claimed the win and did not recommend someone who he felt was not up to the challenge. If he recommended Rebecca and she failed at the task, then he is a part of that failure. Instead of pointing out Rebeccas failure he claimed what was his. More power to him

12-16-05, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Nobody GAVE Randel his place in the competition. He EARNED the right to be the Apprentice. Randel didn't screw anybody. If Trump had wanted to hire Rebecca he would have. Just like he put her in the final 2. Trump favored Rebecca. Her record in the competition didn't even come close to Randal's. The person whose record was the closes to Randal's was Alla. See the ideal of creating equity and opportunity for everyone is based on MERIT and nothing more nothing less. IMO there were far better competitors in this game than Rebecca, and had Randal said yes to hiring Rebecca I think it would have been a slap in the face to the other competitors.

I don't know what you mean by "rising above". Rising above what? You'll have to define that a little better for me. Playing the game huh? How do you play a game when the rules aren't defined or known? How do you do that? Why didn't Trump just hire Rebecca like he did Randal? Why was Randal even put in the situation by Trump?

No I don't think Randal had to do any thing more than any previous Apprentice winner and why people think he has to is just simply small to say the least.

12-16-05, 04:17 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Randal of all people!"
I disagree. I think Rebecca was the 2nd best candidate. But I totally see why you would disagree with the idea of Randal's obligation to give Rebecca this chance if you don't think she was 2nd best.

"Rise above..." as in hold to and model our values regardless of what we believe is being done to us.

I don't think Randal needed to do anything more than any other winner, but no other winner was given the opportunity to gift another candidate in this way. I've already said that Trump is a piece for putting Randal in this position. Still, I would have expected Randal's values to have led him to a different decision.

12-16-05, 04:24 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Just because he claimed what was his, just because he did not recommend a women he said was not ready for the taskes, does not mean these actions were valueless.

12-16-05, 04:38 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Randal of all people!"
But the rationale Randal cited was that "there is only one Apprentice," not that he believed that Rebecca was unqualified. In the Board Room, he said that he was MORE qualified and experienced than Rebecca, but he never said that she was straight up UNqualified.

It may not have been inconsistent with Randal's values. I can't say because I don't know his values. But I would HOPE that he would have been committed to opening doors and creating opportunities for others who deserve them. If he felt that she was completely undeserving...which he did not say...I would understand and support his decision. But this is not what he said. What he said, in essense, was that for him to win, Rebecca must receive nothing...and I disagree with that premise.

12-16-05, 04:59 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Randal of all people!"
No what Randal did was hold Trump to the premise of the game. The premise of the game is that only 1 person can be the Apprentice. Randal didn't make that rule Trump did. That's what Randal signed up for. That's what they all signed up for. To become THE APPRENTICE. So to somehow question Randal's values or to make him soley responsible for Rebecca's loss in unfair. Trump could have hired her if he wanted to, he was just trying to use Randal as means to get around his favoritism of Rebecca. See Trump would have had to look at the faces of all those other contestants, some IMO who were superior to Rebecca and I don't think Trump really wanted to do that. Trump had set it all up for Rebecca, what he could not control was Randal's response.

See that's where we differ, because I don't think Rebecca "deserved" anything any more than any of the other participants. Randal earned it and she didn't. That's as simple as it gets.

12-16-05, 03:12 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Randal of all people!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 03:13 AM (EST)

Selfish or Smart? For the last task she had two clients and failed the second. Also she failed to do what every business women knows she must do which is to handle the 'B's. She failed more then once and Randal refused to recommend Rebecca. In business recommending someone is not taken lightly. Randal said she was too young. Any failure would reflect on the person who recommended her.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Randal said she was too young. Any failure would reflect on the person who recommended her.

very good point, Randall didn't say anything differently AFTER he won than he had BEFORE he won.

12-16-05, 03:23 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Randal of all people!"
No he didn't, but people only see & hear what they want to.

alyse73 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-05, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alyse73 Click to send private message to alyse73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Randal of all people!"
I was ticked off!! I liked Randall and I understand he wasn't going to hang himself out to dry with "hire Rebecca instead" but when ASKED, he could have said "I love working with Rebecca she would be a get asset ALSO." I think planned to hire both-it was being advertise that way in a vague way. Yahoo screwed Rebecca over.

12-16-05, 03:16 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Randal of all people!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 03:19 AM (EST)

Excuse me, but Randel EARNED his position as the Apprentice. Oh yes he did. See Rebecca was favored by Trump, and I asked the question in another thread, if Rebecca had been a black woman do you think she would have gotten as far in the competition, to the final 2 and now people saying Randel should have shared? Are kidding me? Keep all things equal and just change their skin color. If Randel were a white man and Rebecca were a black woman with the performances that they've had. Would you still feel the same way?

Futhermore EVERY Apprentice before Randal has gotten the WHOLE PIE, Why not Randal. Why is it all of a sudden Randal has to share huh? How many times was Randal denied and because of HIS HARD WORK AND STEADFASTNESS he is where he is today? No Rebecca wasn't denied ANYTHING. She got to where she was in that competition because Donald Trump FAVORED her. Look at her track record in the context of the competition. IMO Randel responded correctly. Had Rebecca really performed the question would have never been asked in the first place. Trump would have hired her.

alyse73 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-05, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alyse73 Click to send private message to alyse73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Randal of all people!"
None of my feelings are race based. Unlike before, these TWO were great. Everyother has had a clear winner.

12-16-05, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maxer Click to send private message to maxer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Randal of all people!"
you stupid a55, have you not seen the other apprentices?

THESE WERE THE TWO STRONGEST CANDIDATES THUS FAR FOR THIS SHOW

i agree, trump was stupid and should've hired rebecca himself (maybe after the show, in order to satiate randal's ego), and not leave it up to randal

but does it make sense to throw away talent because it came in second place? not to mention the fact that there were TWO DIFFERENT JOBS WHICH THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN HIRED TO DO

randal was the superior candidate and the stronger leader and was recognized as such

but don't be stupid and bypass a good business judgment for your new employer because there are tv cameras

12-16-05, 03:34 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Randal of all people!"
SHE FAILED!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FAILED!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!
If she were ugly everyone would admit it. Zero Dollars!! Randal did not recommend the person who failed the task. Does anyone remember what Trump said about the task? You have two clients and you must satisfy both. She failed one client.

12-16-05, 03:42 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Randal of all people!"

yeah...all randal did was advise trump NOT to hire the SECOND BEST APPRENTICE CANDIDATE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SHOW

don't let scottie pippen get away simply because you already have michael jordan

12-16-05, 03:51 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Randal of all people!"
I am sorry but Rebecca could not handle all the "B"s on the womens team. She is no scottie pippen.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Randal of all people!"
I only hope that answer does not harm Randal's future. Leadership skills such as his are impressive.

divagirl 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail divagirl Click to send private message to divagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Tonight's show is a great microscope on our melting pot. I told my husband yesterday that Randall would be villified in some way. I was interested in guessing what it would be as this country can't handle a competent, talented Black male besting a White Person.

If Rebecca was so talented and deserving of being an Apprentice why didn't TRUMP the employer hire her? To heap all of this overly emotional baggage onto Randall is a great example of the old double standard Blacks have to deal with daily.

Randall has a better record than Rebecca, he has more distractions than Rebecca, he is better liked by his peers than Rebecca. Rebecca has a losing record before working with Randall. She was not headed toward the final two until she started working with him. She NEEDED him for her wins. He did not need her. Lastly, she raises NO MONEY at a charity event. How does that make her a close second???

Lastly, how do some people write trash about Randall's dead grandmother and there is no outcry by all of you sensitive White people out there who are so disappointed in Randall?

Where is the outrage? The fact that there is very outrage about that disrespectful behavior says it all.

Competent, smart Black men have to be put in their place. How fortunate that Randall stood up for himself and acknowledged his rightful place as THE Apprentice. Randall refused to share his victory with someone who did not earn it. Unlike Michael Jordon, Randall won this competition as an individual, this contest was designed for individuals and the best individual won.

If you want to be outraged about something take a look at yourself and ask why do you have so much emotion about seeing a Black man best a mediocre White women.

12-16-05, 05:03 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Randal of all people!"
AMEN & AMEN!

ctechic 22 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ctechic Click to send private message to ctechic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Randal of all people!"
As the show is titled "The Apprentice", why should Randall have to share his victory with someone else. If Donald Trump wanted both of them than he should have hired both of them. Why is it now that a black man has won, he is insensitive and a jerk because he won't share his glory with the little petite white woman...Give me a break...When you were hired for your job, did you tell your employer to hire their second choice also..I don't think so...So does that make you a jerk and insensitive...NO I don't think so...Give the man a break, he worked for it and he won...Why wasn't the winner from last year asked that same question, especially when both he and the winner was well qualified...If what has been said in the media, it was a race thing this year..Don't believe it but anything is possible. Let's give Randall his just due..Stop hating..As it is said, "don't hate the player, hate the game". Randall is looking out for his family...

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Randal is an elite, because of his background, which, by the way, he earned.

Unless there is a willingness to insist that Boyfriend Bill hire Kwame, then this entire argument has no legs.

By the way, Randal did say that Rebecca needed more time and training. He also did not disparage her.

The problem in this entire scenario is The Donald. His attempt again to change the rules at the last minute backfired.

The hiring issue is The Donald's and The Donald's alone. Randal has nothing to do with it, and rightfully so.

And in the midst of all of this wingeing about equity and fairness, please explain why everyone who spoke positively of Randal got a negative edit by Mark Burnett.

In another country, this approach to attempting to sway public opinion is called propogandizing. What is just and fair about slagging off this contestant, when the same thing did not happen to Robot Kelly during his final boardroom? Of course, The Donald and Burnett tried to destroy Jen M's reputation in that debacle, but the public wasn't impressed with their "efforts."

The problem here is not Randal. It is Trump and Burnett.

--Singer

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Thank goodness there's still a bunch of people on here who see this is Trump and Burnett's fault, not Randall's.

I didn't want to post this last night, but since it's been brought up now, I also was appalled that FINALLY a black candidate wins the show, and then is immediately asked to share the prize!! What does that say about Trump? I liked Rebecca's personality and extreme desire to persevere, but please, she was NO more qualified as the second candidate than any of the other second candidates who did not get the shot to be the doube Apprentice.

Is Trump being subtly racist here? He can't just let a hugely qualified black candidate win without trying to award the white candidate the job too.............and one that he's obviously been infatuated with since the whole Toral episode.

I think this sucks, all the negativity that Randall has to endure now, when he should be solely enjoying his Apprentice win.

I think on the next Survivor, I'm going to write Mark Burnett an angry letter if he doesn't let the final two share the prize of being "sole" Survivor!! On the next Top Model, BOTH girls should win!! When my softball team is in the finals next summer, I'll just shout out at the end of the game -- hey, let's share the trophy!!

BULLSH!!!!!!T!!!

maybaybee 167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maybaybee Click to send private message to maybaybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Randal of all people!"
The show FINALLY picks a black man and he has to share his prize with some arrogant white chick...I'm glad he basically told Trump to kiss his #####. When Bill Rancic won he didn't have to share his prize with Kwame. I think Trump was tacky for puting Randall on the spot like that. If he wanted to hire Rebecca, he could have done that after the show. Very tacky Donald. Congrats Randall!

www.chocolatesleuth.com---mystery reviews

Elmay 14 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elmay Click to send private message to Elmay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Randal of all people!"
Truly amazing.

Randall did the right thing. This was the Apprentice, not Apprenti. They all went through the competition thinking there was one winner. I wouldn't share the spotlight either.

Wow, the racism. Simply amazing.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •