The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"mig welder for christmas?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dob88 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-16, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dob88 Click to send private message to dob88 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"mig welder for christmas?"
My brother is doing an mig welding course in a nearby welding school ( http://www.weldtechtraining.com/ ). Though he gets enough practice at school he would love to take up new welding projects at home so that he could practice it better. I thought of getting him a good mig welder this Christmas. Can anyone tell me which welder is best for a beginner - I am torn between miller and Hobart.Any insight on this would be grateful.TIA.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: mig welder for christmas? kingfish 12-09-16 1
 RE: mig welder for christmas? cahaya 12-09-16 2
 RE: mig welder for christmas? kingfish 12-09-16 3
 RE: mig welder for christmas? foonermints 12-10-16 4
   Cut the locks? cahaya 12-10-16 5
       I Could foonermints 12-10-16 7
   RE: mig welder for christmas? kingfish 12-10-16 6
       You foonermints 12-10-16 8
           RE: You kingfish 12-10-16 9
               Actually, foonermints 12-10-16 10
                   RE: Actually, kingfish 12-10-16 11
                       I Believe foonermints 12-10-16 12
                           RE: I Believe kingfish 12-10-16 13
                               RE: I Believe foonermints 12-11-16 14
                               I Learned Everything foonermints 12-11-16 15
                               RE: I Believe foonermints 12-11-16 16
                                   RE: I Believe kingfish 12-11-16 17
                                       RE: I Believe foonermints 12-11-16 18
                                           RE: I Believe kingfish 12-11-16 19
                                               RE: I Believe It foonermints 12-12-16 20
                                               RE: I Believe foonermints 12-12-16 21
                                                   RE: I Believe kingfish 12-14-16 22
                                                       Easy! foonermints 12-14-16 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-16, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: mig welder for christmas?"
I'd vote Miller. But they're both good.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 19456 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-16, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: mig welder for christmas?"
Disclaimer: I don't have the faintest clue which MIG welders are the best (or best for the money). In fact, I didn't even know what a "MIG" welder was, until I looked it up.

So, I did what I do when I want to get something that I don't know much about (such as chain saws, snowblowers and yup, wood splitters)... a bit of googling research.

Have a look here, here, here and here. There's a lot of how-to information there for anyone serious about MIG welding and what to buy depending on your budget and intended use. All of the reviews compare Millers and Hobarts, so take your pick.

Once you get down to a final choice, say a Hobart Handler 140 vs a Millermatic 211, go to Amazon and read the reader reviews and Q&A on those products. You'll find out if there are any shortcomings with the products and get some tips and tricks in the Q&A section.

12-09-16, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: mig welder for christmas?"
Don't overlook the biggest player, Lincoln Electric.

Make sure you know what metals he's going to be welding, and the cost of consumables, and that what ever you decide on is appropriate for his needs. Tig Welders are also available, and (esp. for field welding), many still use stick welds.

foonermints 13590 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-16, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: mig welder for christmas?"
MIG is like the hot glue gun for mild steel. TIG is great for aluminum.
Me, I have had an oxy-acetylene rig just about forever. Sure, you have to replace the gas, but I can still draw a good bead even on 1/16" aluminum with flux rod. I can heat and bend things. I've made nutty art projects! Then again, nowadays I basically do "Hobby Welding", although I can't imagine owning a house without it.

Besides, in the future it will allow me to cut the locks off of Kingfish's garage door, and photograph the "special" notices he has stapled to his walls.

cahaya 19456 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-16, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Cut the locks?"
I know better. You'll take one of those bad-azz AFV's of yours that you welded together out of boilerplate and blast the doors open!

The Foonermobile

12-10-16, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I Could"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-16 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

Just send Robbie over there to do my dirty work..

The Foonermobile

He can ride in the foonermobile.

12-10-16, 10:48 AM (EST)
6. "RE: mig welder for christmas?"
I paid good money for those locks.

12-10-16, 02:01 PM (EST)
8. "You"
Should have bought Krell Metal.

12-10-16, 04:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: You"
I thought you said it's name was Robbie? And why should I buy him metal?

12-10-16, 07:07 PM (EST)
10. "Actually,"
You don't have to buy "Robbie" anything, hence the name.
Jebuz, do I have to start 'splaining everthing to you, Kingfish Ricardo?

Krell metal is for your locks, otherwise, I will have to send a creature from the ID to get to your magical wasteland.

12-10-16, 09:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Actually,"
He looks like a Krell to me.

12-10-16, 10:50 PM (EST)
12. "I Believe"
Robbie was created by Dr. Morbius.

12-10-16, 11:21 PM (EST)
13. "RE: I Believe"
My mistake. I was thinking Robbie parted his hair on the other side.

12-11-16, 09:50 AM (EST)
14. "RE: I Believe"
Is that called dyslexia? I am sooooooooo sorry for you!

12-11-16, 10:04 AM (EST)
15. "I Learned Everything"
From reading this book.

12-11-16, 10:09 AM (EST)
16. "RE: I Believe"
Including how to make a "smaller than life size" replica of my "Ego".

Many admirers have thanked me personally for the creativeness that I have given over the years.

12-11-16, 10:49 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I Believe"
Just no dik pix please. You know how they get around here.

12-11-16, 12:24 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I Believe"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-16 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

I thought it was Good to be King?

By The Way, I was just dorking around with some leftover 3/8" thick steel pipe, making some "Tibetan Bells" as yard art. I am very sorry to have suggested otherwise, or possibly, your mind is not as pure as God should have made it. Shame!

12-11-16, 02:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: I Believe"
I get that a lot. My mind was made by aliens.

(isn't 3/8" kinda thick for Oxy/Acet welding? Or was there just cutting/bending? Either way, good art, I like the Tibetan Bells idea, but still, no one wants to see dik pix.)

12-12-16, 02:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: I Believe It"
Aliens - more common than we thought.

3/8" is OK if you can get to both sides of the joint, Even then, I wouldn't trust it structurally.

12-12-16, 03:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I Believe"

I was just fooling around with my cutting head and a hand sledge. Fun!

12-14-16, 04:28 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I Believe"
I'll admit that fooling around with a cutting torch is kinda fun.

12-14-16, 10:50 PM (EST)
23. "Easy!"
To burn an opening in the Ferrari Dealership wickiup and take what you need for Xmas.
Well, if you are in a hurry I'd recommend a plasma cutter..

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •