The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Goodbye, #####"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-16, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Goodbye, #####"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-16 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-20-16 AT 10:30 AM (EST)--Hm, sorry for the subject line. It doesn't like her name altogether. Maybe she was one of the banned long ago. Who knows, who cares. This is important.

I don't see that anyone else has stopped by to share the sad news that Tech Noir has unexpectedly passed away. She'd been struggling for a few weeks with a new health condition. She's always been a rather private person, so let's continue to honor that. Two former OTers had been in touch with her the last few weeks, so our old community continued to stay connected. They lost a good friend.

This place has given me so many special, deep friendships, and MANY valued acquaintances. Thank you again to Webby, AyaK and others for this community. Sadly, as the years pass, we'll continue to say goodbye to pieces of fabric in our quilt. Tech represented the boldest color of fabric, a little abrasive on one side and soft on another. She lives on as an important piece of our shared history.

May she rest in peace, but knowing her, she probably has big plans to start haunting the Republican Presidential nominees.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Goodbye, ##### kidflash212 04-20-16 1
 RE: Goodbye, ##### dragonflies2 04-20-16 2
 RE: Goodbye, ##### jbug 04-20-16 3
 RE: Goodbye, ##### kingfish 04-20-16 4
 RE: Goodbye, Tech Twirly Bird 04-20-16 5
 RE: Goodbye, ##### Sagebrush Dan 04-20-16 6
 RE: Goodbye, ##### Agman2 04-20-16 7
 RE: Goodbye, ##### Puffy 04-20-16 8
   RE: Goodbye, ##### jbug 04-21-16 10
 RE: Goodbye, Tech Noir! foonermints 04-20-16 9
 RE: Goodbye, ##### PepeLePew13 04-21-16 11
   RE: Goodbye, ##### aethelstan 04-21-16 12
 RE: Goodbye, ##### Brownroach 04-22-16 13
 RE: Goodbye, ##### Swami 04-28-16 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4529 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-20-16, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
So sorry to hear this. I'm glad some of us are still connected. Rest in Peace.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dragonflies2 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-16, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies2 Click to send private message to dragonflies2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
*smooches* to OT.

(I had to create a new profile. Took me a while before I could find a "non-anonymous" email addy.)

jbug 17015 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-16, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
Looks like you and I were composing at about the same time.
I should have waited a bit longer.

RIP Tech

kingfish 18997 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-16, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
RIP Tech Noir.

It always seems so unreal when I hear that one of us has passed.

But, Hey to Weltek and Bugmeat (Which, if you ever have to change your moniker again, that would be pretty recognizable.)

And the censoring seems pretty capricious.

Twirly Bird 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-16, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twirly%20Bird Click to send private message to Twirly%20Bird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Goodbye, Tech"
I will miss her. Very much.

I have been perusing the archives all night...wow, what a trip!

Twirly Bird
(Formerly known as Asrai)

Sagebrush Dan 9983 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-16, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
Thank you, Kim, for that wonderful tribute. I enjoyed Tech, and I'm so glad to have had her as part of my life.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-20-16, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
Rip to a wonderful person.

Puffy 6675 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-16, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
My tears don't even begin to express my sorrow. I hope she's snarking away with Skyraider and Surveysez.

jbug 17015 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-16, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
And Vince3

foonermints 13323 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-16, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Goodbye, Tech Noir!"
See you in Heaven.

PepeLePew13 25865 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-16, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-16 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

Wow what a shock... I was aware that she had been sick, but didn't think it would be so soon. May she continue to raise havoc in the great political forum up there. I will miss her - enjoyed bantering with her on the forums here and on the 'other' site as well.

Thanks for passing along the news, Kim.

aethelstan 4432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-21-16, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
A shock to me, too. Tech never shied away from asking the tough questions and challenges people's views. It's one of the big reasons why discussions on the OT forums made for such great reading. The deep end was never quite the same without her.

Requiescat in pace

Brownroach 15281 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-16, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
I liked TN a lot. She had an affinity for sweaters, as do I, so there was that for me to like. But mainly she had interesting, trenchant observations. One of the earliest persons whose posts I enjoyed on this site. RIP, TN.

Swami 5884 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-16, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Goodbye, #####"
Oh, so sorry to hear this! Tech was brave and brilliant and beautiful in so many ways! For me she was part of the heart of OT. Back in the day I read every single word she posted and I was enriched by her knowledge and humanity.

RIP Tech.
I loved you then and I love you now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •