The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And now, for something completely inane..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 18467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-15, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"And now, for something completely inane..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-15 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

I’m being transferred. The new position means more money, more rewarding work, more perqs including a reserved parking space, and the use of the company helicopter for business. So it’s good. Real good.

But it means that I have to give up my desk and my desk friends. Francine, my stapler, and Todd, her co-conspiring stapler. She’s a white stapler. And Todd is a black stapler. When Todd came on board as my stapler intern, he was the first black stapler in the office and was very shy and unsure of himself. Best he could do was five sheets. Francine, with her heart of gold, saw that and immediately took him under her swing arm and went out of her way to make him feel at home and restore his self-confidence. He’s now at the twenty five sheet level, second only to Brutus in the copy room, who weighs in with the ¾” heavy duty 200 sheet staples.

Brutus is normally a nice guy but he does have his moods, and you really want to stay on his good side. When I was younger I did not know this. I still have my "lessons learned" scars. Actually, I still carry one staple that was imbedded too close to an internal organ to be removed. But it’s good between us now, we talked it all out.

That Francine gave Todd life lessons behind the locked door of the supply room did seem a little suspicious, but the improvement in both of their attitudes was worth it. Whatever it was. OK, I'll admit it, I was a little jealous of Todd at first, but he is such a nice guy that that quickly went away. No one made an issue of it, and in no time Todd was promoted to permanent head office second assistant stapler for the Scranton New Jersey regional paper sales office. Anybody but Francine would have been jealous, but Todd had become the son that she could never have (her paper positioner was broken during an unfortunate event at an office Christmas party).

So I hereby bequeath my beloved (wait, I need a moment. OK, better now) Francine and Todd to my replacement, Albert. I know that he always respected their supply room privacy, and will continue to use their favorite staples, Bostitch Cat no. STCRPGOVT, and that if the sad day comes and either of their anvils will no longer bend those staples or their tension spring loses its stretch, that he will afford them disposal in the Dumpster Dumper of their choice.

It was very traumatic for all three of us when Bostitch discontinued the flat crown staple in favor of the more modern raised crown design, so I know they won’t be able to handle those feelings of abandonment again. So I also trust that if the day ever comes that their beloved Cat no. STCRPGOVT replacement staples are no longer available, that they will be spared additional trauma and be allowed to retire with dignity.

God Speed, Francine, old friend. And God Speed Todd, you randy little tiger. May your journeys be long, the blotter on which you both shall rest be soft, and the hand that slams your staples use that sweet smelling kind of hand lotion.

Now, as for Oscar, my tape dispenser…OMG, I almost forgot, Luis, my loyal staple remover…

(BTW, there is no transfer, I was just staring at two staplers on my desk, and wondered what they were thinking and how traumatic it would be if I ever had to use a stranger to staple my papers.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What About Monica? foonermints 08-05-15 1
   RE: What About Monica? kingfish 08-07-15 3
       RE: What About Monica? foonermints 08-07-15 5
           RE: What About Monica? kingfish 08-08-15 6
               RE: What About Monica? foonermints 08-09-15 7
                   RE: What About Monica? kingfish 08-10-15 8
 RE: And now, for something complete... Brownroach 08-06-15 2
   RE: And now, for something complete... kingfish 08-07-15 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 13145 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-15, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What About Monica?"
The leftover Girl under your desk?

They did something to me on that saucer 2Patch, I swear they did!
Word on the Street: She still lives around here. GO HILORY!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-07-15, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What About Monica?"
Albert can't have Monica.

08-07-15, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What About Monica?"
Maybe if someone lets the Prince out of the can?

08-08-15, 08:07 AM (EST)
6. "RE: What About Monica?"
Not if he's gonna bother Monica.

08-09-15, 11:57 AM (EST)
7. "RE: What About Monica?"
Probably for the best. Who knows what could happen after Albert leaves the can?

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Honest Injun!

08-10-15, 08:45 AM (EST)
8. "RE: What About Monica?"
There's been a lot of people calling in to let Prince Albert out of the can. I think that's because of the lack of sanitary facilities in there. It's probably kinda stanky stinky in there.

Brownroach 15271 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-15, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And now, for something completely inane..."
Francine and Todd are very grateful for your concern. They worked up this little number to assure you that everything will be fine in the future.

08-07-15, 08:41 AM (EST)
4. "RE: And now, for something completely inane..."
All time favorites of mine. Mavis especially is wonderful, but back when the sisters performed with Pops, they were magical.

A memorable performance was with the Band on The Last Waltz.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •