The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sony's pull of The Interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57012 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-14, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sony's pull of The Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-14 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

Pick your favorite.

1. They're genuinely afraid of violence and it's their movie to pull.

2. It's not violence they're afraid of, it's post-violence lawsuits.

3. Publicity move. Pull it back now, then wave a rallying flag and make heartland America see it as an act of defiance.

4. (Insert your own option here.)

5. As always, blame the President.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-18-14 1
 RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kidflash212 12-18-14 2
   RE: Sony's pull of The Interview PepeLePew13 12-18-14 3
       RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-19-14 4
   RE: Sony's pull of The Interview Brownroach 12-22-14 10
       RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-22-14 11
 3 dabo 12-19-14 5
   RE: 3 Molaholic 12-19-14 7
       RE: 3 dabo 12-20-14 8
 As it happens, kingfish 12-19-14 6
 RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-21-14 9
 RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-23-14 12
   RE: Sony's pull of The Interview Estee 12-23-14 13
   RE: Sony's pull of The Interview PepeLePew13 12-23-14 14
       RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-31-14 17
           RE: Sony's pull of The Interview PepeLePew13 12-31-14 18
           RE: Sony's pull of The Interview Estee 12-31-14 19
 RE: Sony's pull of The Interview kingfish 12-29-14 15
   RE: Sony's pull of The Interview coldbrewer 12-30-14 16
 And now piling on.... dabo 01-02-15 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17975 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-14, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
4.0 TSA doesn't do movie theaters. And movie goers have stinky feet and pants that fall down without belts. Some have pants that automatically fall down when in a darkened theater.

4.1 Homeland security hasn't vetted the millions or so of potential movie goers.

4.2 The millions of flak jackets that Sony ordered for opening day didn't arrive on time.

4.3 Obama advised people to go to the movies. Without him. As always, leading from behind, he'll catch it in his secure bunker.

(#2 can't be far from the mark).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 4271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-18-14, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
I'm going with #3. This is brilliant publicity. I'm not a fan of either Seth Rogan or James Franco. I've been seeing trailers and reading publicity stories for this movie for months and had no interest in seeing it. Now I would see it just because I hate the idea of some nameless computer hackers deciding what I can and can't see through blackmail. Perhaps Team America would have been more successful if they had used this publicity move. Same plot - kill the leader of North Korea.

This movie would have come and gone quickly while being outsold at the box office by better fare like Oscar hopefuls Into The Woods and Selma. Now, if it is released it will hit #1 in sales.

Tribe!

PepeLePew13 25495 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-14, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
How much do you want to bet the 'hackers' were hired by the movie producers themselves?

12-19-14, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-14 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

I would think twice before I made that bet. Unless they actually do release it in the next month or so (buzz will die down after a while), or if they just made a big time miscalculation.

Although it would be a very imaginative and successful advertising ploy if they do release it, if they don't they lose their investment (est. $40 Mill) plus all potential earnings. Worldwide, and in all forms.

Some put that potential loss as high as a billion bucks. But even if it's less (which I would hope is more realistic), that would be the most expensive advertising ploy in history, I would imagine.

Brownroach 15052 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-14, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
I still have no intention of seeing the movie. If Seth Rogen's "career" is over as a bonus, I couldn't be happier.

(Actually, I have an idea: let's make a film wherein Seth Rogen gets assassinated for being a horribly putrid actor who makes horribly putrid films. Graphic assassination, head exploding, torture, gore...Yeah, I could totally get behind that film.)

12-22-14, 11:53 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-14 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Not a Rogan fan either. Not a Franco fan either. Together, they are twice the unfunny. IMO. I say strap them both to a fourth of July mortar, shoot them up and see what color patterns their burning brains make as they explode. With an appropriate symphonic climax, of course.

Most of their stuff is silly, stupid, and badly acted. I was amused by “Pinapple Express”, but even that was dragged down by Ragan's and Franco's inept comedic talents.

Both are at a level with Pauly, Sandler, Tyler Perry, etc., they are just not amusing to me. Even the idea of making a movie about offing an evil leader isn't particularly creative.

Rocky and Bullwinkle were more creative in their dealings with the Evil Leader.

I do have admiration for their being able to get under the skin enough of a world leader like they did. It helps that the world leader's sense of humor is even more juvenile that theirs is, and one has to ignore the fact that they unwittingly stumbled into that. But still, nice to see.

dabo 26651 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-14, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "3"
Considering they could have decided to go after the Despot of Grand Fenwick with a )wink wink(

Molaholic 8934 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-14, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 3"
Considering they could have decided to go after the Despot of Grand Fenwick with a )wink wink(

What do you have against Peter Sellers?

12-20-14, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 3"
Political satire has gone downhill since he left us.

12-19-14, 09:05 PM (EST)
6. "As it happens, "
It was the decision of the various theaters not to show it that caused Sony to not release it. They just couldn't get anyone to show it.

12-21-14, 11:59 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
So, now Obama has promised he will respond to the Cyber attack on Sony.

He's drawn a line in the sand.

Now when have we heard that before?

12-23-14, 03:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
Well, it looks like Sony and various theater owners are teaming up to pull on their man-panties and show the movie.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/23/media/screening-the-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Giving Rogan and Franco much more exposure than they deserve and Sony much more money for this probable subpar movie than could otherwise be imagined.

Collateral damage to the artistic world is the encouragement this will give to R and F and others to continue making dreck.

It makes one sympathetic to N. Korea.

Sigh.

12-23-14, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
One comment I saw claimed the Texas shows are going to be the best-armed movie audiences in history.

On the one hand, there's a measure of protection in that status. For the other, gee, no way that could ever go wrong.

12-23-14, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
Like I was saying above... would you be surprised in the least bit if the hackers came directly from the movie folks/Sony?

Uh huh.

12-31-14, 11:06 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
You may be right. And if they did it was a brilliant move that is either a “one of” or completely new chapter in the Movie Marketing Handbook.

12-31-14, 12:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
It's the kind of story that would come right out of a movie script... maybe there'll be an actual movie made of all the behind-the-scenes stuff behind this chaos.

12-31-14, 02:41 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
It's not that original. Some time before this happened, Kirk Cameron claimed his movie's website was hacked by Islamic supremacists. It's just that very few people cared because Kirk Cameron.

12-29-14, 09:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
Saw ”The Interview” last week.

Have to grudgingly admit that it was, from the front row of a sold out theater with Dolby (or whatever) turned up full blast, pretty funny. Over the top unfunny moments and others that were agonizingly predictable, as is typical with Franco and Grogan, but there were some pretty creative stuff too.

“They hate us because they anus.”

coldbrewer 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-30-14, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sony's pull of The Interview"
Same here

thanks Agman!

01-02-15, 05:44 PM (EST)
20. "And now piling on...."
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/21/kim-jong-unnnh-larry-flynt-is-now-making-xxx-parody-of-the-interview/

"If Kim Jong-un and his henchmen were upset before, wait till they see the movie we’re going to make.”

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •