The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 4264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-28-14, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
First trailer for what I'm sure will be the Best Picture of 2015 <sarcasm>

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/28/7297181/star-wars-trailer-force-awakens-episode-7-stream

The force awakens? Wonder how many times he/she/it hit the snooze button and what kind of alarm clock would the force use?

Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Estee 11-29-14 1
 RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 11-29-14 2
 RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens PepeLePew13 11-29-14 3
   RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 11-30-14 4
       RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens PepeLePew13 11-30-14 6
           RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 11-30-14 7
               RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens PepeLePew13 11-30-14 8
                   RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-01-14 9
                       RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Agman2 12-01-14 10
                           RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-02-14 12
                               RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Agman2 12-02-14 13
                                   RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens suzzee 12-02-14 15
                                       RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-03-14 18
                                           RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens suzzee 12-04-14 24
   RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Estee 11-30-14 5
       RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Brownroach 12-02-14 11
           RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-03-14 17
 RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens dabo 12-02-14 14
   RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Agman2 12-02-14 16
       RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kidflash212 12-03-14 19
           RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-03-14 20
               RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Agman2 12-03-14 21
                   RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-04-14 22
                       RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens Agman2 12-04-14 23
                           RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens suzzee 12-04-14 25
                               RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens kingfish 12-04-14 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 56988 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-14, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
I felt... nothing.

No anticipation. No excitement. Not even a vague approaching disappointment. I had one reaction: Oh, so Stormtroopers can be of any skin hue now. And the rest was internal silence.

I didn't even try to get the original trilogy when it went on Black Friday sale. Because it was the reedits. And maybe that's part of this: Abrahams could create a miracle -- but then Lucas will find a way to screw it up...

I watched. And then I let it go.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 17853 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-14, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
I am past the awaiting with tingling anticipation stage too. But it has promise. I'll watch it, there was a little feel of coming home to the first Star Wars.

PepeLePew13 25438 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-14, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
I still have not watched an entire Star Wars movie (I dozed off midway through the original Star Wars).

So proud of myself for not falling in with the hype.

11-30-14, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-14 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

So, you're proud of yourself for not permitting yourself the enjoyment of a watershed movie event in 1977?

That's kinda masochistic. You must be a real fun guy at Christmas.

11-30-14, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
It would have been even more tortuous for me to sit through all of the Star Wars movies. Likewise for the Lord of the Rings movies - I also fell asleep during the first one, so I skipped out on the others while my wife watched them.

Just not my type of movies - I wouldn't call them "skipping out on a watershed movie event" when it's (imho) full of crap.

11-30-14, 04:45 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
I wouldn't either. Especially since I called it "...not permitting yourself the enjoyment of a watershed movie event in 1977."

The point I was making wasn't about your taste in movie genre, but that you are proud of not enjoying something.

But (to Estee) the Godfather? Really? Part 2 provides as rich a flavor of turn of the century New York as I've ever seen. The rest of the parts 1 and 2 (Part 3 stunk) were just very well done gangster movies, but the part about recent immigrant Vito getting started was IMO as good as it gets.

11-30-14, 10:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
Typo, 'permitting' ...

No, you've got it incorrect -- I'm proud of not getting caught up in the hype of arguably the most over-hyped movie in history. I knew people who went to Star Wars parties all dressed up in character costumes even though they actually hadn't watched the movie at that point.

I don't need to be "permitted" to enjoy anything in particular and I'm not sure why this should be seen as masochistic or having anything to do with being fun at Christmas.

12-01-14, 11:41 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
Typo. Right, typo. Mishitting a letter, or misspelling a word, or an auto spell correction error is a typo, not the rephrasing of a sentence. That’s not a typo.

(I don't want to be contentious, but it seems that we are still not communicating. So, the following is not meant to be provocative).

But no matter, you're still missing the point I was trying to make, which was that in your initial post you stated that you are you are proud (my emphasis on proud) that you denied yourself enjoyment. This is a form of masochism. Next step is self-flagellation.

And that being the case, you should see the reason for the Christmas crack. Which was not all that wise on my part, probably, and I apologize, especially if it raises your ire. So I hereby take it back, even though Christmas with a “proud to be” fun denying masochist would not be my personal cup of tea.

That was my main response. The following is mostly explanatory and because I run on and on and can’t seem to stop. I get over-hyped.

So, as to the “arguably the most overhyped movie in history” claim. I was there, and I can tell you that that movie was barely hyped at all, especially when compared to today’s productions. This was pre-internet and before the cable TV explosion.

Being young and bored, I and couple of friends decided to go to the movies. The hyping of movies in 1977 was in its infancy (Jaws in 1975 was the movie that really started the modern massive movie ad campaigns, and ad budgets were still comparatively low in 1977), and I had no idea what it was or what it was about. Whatever hyping that was out there then didn’t filter thru to me. We just made an impromptu decision and picked Star Wars. And we were blown away. Lucas became a god.

For the record, and because of the impact it had on me, I consider that movie to be the best of the entire series, especially in comparison with the more recent ones. I too become impatient with those, and am not expecting much from those to come. Hope springs eternal, however.

It didn’t hurt that I was a very receptive Sci-Fi fan then, and it hit me square in my literary sweet spot.

The franchise taken as a whole is admittedly over hyped and off-putting to a lot of people. I got sick of it myself. The ad budgets they have these days (tens of millions of dollars?) seems obscene.

Anyway, then there was no one in the audience in costume. I think “Rocky Horror Picture Show” takes the honors for costumed audiences. But so what? People do that to enjoy themselves. That’s hardly a basis for criticizing a movie. That actually points to the enthusiasm and the enjoyment that people watching the movie have. That’s a good thing, except to people who criticize others for liking something for which they are proud to have not been caught up in the hype of.

Agman2 383 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-01-14, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
may the force be with you Guppy!

Alarmingly masterful tribal creation

12-02-14, 10:23 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-14 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

Get a good grip on your light saber, we're transitioning to hyper speed.

GO!

Why aren't we going?

The RED button? Oh. Ok. Are you sure? I thought you had to push the green button to go. It's still not working. Lift up the hood, Chewie, and where is the manual on this thing?

Rahhhah ruh ruh ehh ehh!

Shut up Chewie, it isn't my fault.

12-02-14, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
I've been going ludicrous speed for the last hour. Are you sure hyper speed is faster? Do not push the red button ever!!!!!!! But it's okay to use the ship's manual transmission as long as you don't grind the gears!!!

suzzee 5594 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-14, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
I'll admit it, I loved the first three movies. LOVED them. I wanted to be Leia. (I wanted to be chased after by Han Solo). No I wasn't a nerd in 1977, I was a twenty something though so I should have past all that but no. I was a member of the Star Wars fan club. I've got some copies of Bantha Tracks. I have an original Rancor on my workstation and several Star Wars Happy Meal toys in my desk. I have posters. I made sure my son had Star wars action figures.(ok, I still have them) they're mine.

Why? I don't know. I was smitten with Harrison Ford since Raiders. I guess I never really grew up. I guess the movies were just so much fun.

And I still love the NASA goodies my secret santa Sir Fish got me.

I liked Star Trek when I was a kid.

I was nerdy before nerdy and Star Wars became the same thing.

I had vhs tapes, regular and wide-screen.

I will watch SW when it's on, I may not be glued to it but I can't resist.

My favorite quote is Yoda's "Do or do not, there is no try."

Would I sit through a screening of a new movie? Sure would.

12-03-14, 10:49 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
That stuff has value. EBay type value. Except for the NASA stuff, that you should obviously never sell.

Raiders was another amazing movie experience.

12-04-14, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
The value for me is as nerdy home decor in one of the bedrooms. And as for the ultimate SW nerdy clincher...I made the model kits of the Falcon, x-wing, tie fighter, At-At and a couple of scene sets. My son was about 2 at the time, and I claimed to be making them for him. I was such a liar. ha!

Estee 56988 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-14, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
*shrug* I've never seen any of the Godfather films.

I actually made plans to fix that. I should have the trilogy by next Saturday.

Which is the same time I'm expecting My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S4 to arrive.

Conflict.

Brownroach 14949 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-14, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
As an Italian-American who normally has absolutely zero interest in Mafia/organized crime movies, I have to say I think both the Godfather Part 1 & Part 2 are excellent films. They have the scope of old-style morality plays (which some may find heavy-handed, but I think that approach made for an effective presentation of the story).

However. The more I've rewatched them, the more convinced I am that Al Pacino actually isn't very good in them. He really doesn't create a believable character transition from being the son who wanted nothing to do with the family business to becoming the son who takes it over to avenge his father's enemies. He basically plays the same stone-faced, emotionally-removed-from-everything attitude from beginning to end.

Oh, and I'm with Pepe regarding the Star Wars movies. They held no appeal for me whatsoever. The only one I saw was Return Of The Jedi, about which I remember nothing except that it had a lot of computerized special effects. (The Indiana Jones movies, however, were a lot of fun.)

12-03-14, 10:18 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Yeah, it (the transition) might have more understandable if they had included some experience he might have had in the Army to show that there was that underlying side of him. I don't remember whether Puzo included any Army background in his book.

Pacino's acting style was "better acting means yelling louder".

Now he's just, well, goofy.

And you never saw the first Star Wars? You would be rewarded if you could get into a movie theater, lean back in a padded movie theater seat, grab your seat rests, and have the horns from the John Williams theme music explode upon you while the intro rolls by in yellow brick road scrolling. That, to me, was a very compelling lead in.

Obviously, it would be less effective in your living room watching it on a TV. Still good though.

dabo 26581 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-14, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
The Peanuts Movie will bury all other franchises! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/18/peanuts-movie-trailer_n_6177560.html

So there.

Seasons Greetings!

12-02-14, 04:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"

kidflash212 4264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-03-14, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
Good Grief

12-03-14, 11:31 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
Question: Why didn't Charlie Brown ever just get a kicking tee?

12-03-14, 12:00 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

Question: Why didn't Charlie Brown ever
just get a kicking tee?

I think he was into being dominated, and Lucy was the perfect dominatrix for him. My guess is that pulling his balls football away from him was one of her "punishments".

This could be the most perplexing puzzle for mankind to try and solve since the good 'ol, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

12-04-14, 10:16 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
So Charlie Brown is p-whipped. Just like the rest of us.

So, why doesn't Linus, who is a little more independent minded behind that blanket, get one for him? Or Patty?

Life's eternal questions have no answers. Thus we have the Peanuts theme.

12-04-14, 11:58 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
IMHO, I always thought Snoopy was the most independent and resourceful character. I have always wondered why he didn't get him a kicking tee.

Another question to ponder during the "dog days" of summer!

12-04-14, 12:07 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
Snoopy needed the laughs!

I should be watched....closely.

12-04-14, 01:18 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Star Wars:The Force Awakens"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

Dabo! Woodstock let Charlie down. He could have been his kicking tee.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •