The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Life Update"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16963 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-14, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Life Update"
There was a time log ago when many of us shared life happenings here in OT land.
FB has taken many peeps away. Maybe cause it's so easy to use on iPhones and such.

But I see a few good old guys and gals are still here.
So I'll share the latest with me.

Back in April my bosses decided they would have to replace me because of the time I was taking off to take DH to medical appts. Also they were afraid his health would take a fast down turn and I wouldn't be able to give them any notice.
They asked if I would train my replacement, and stoopid me - needing to work as long as I could and needing to keep insurance as long as I could - agreed. They promised me for 6 months that they would make sure I could get unemployment; and that they would give me notice of when they thought the trainee was ready before my last day. We discussed part time and many other ideas.

Trainee # 1 was there about 6 weeks. Trainee #2 3 weeks.

Trainee #3 started. She was/is best qualified. Expected training time was about 3 months. On her 4th Friday, she didn't come in. She had already missed 2 days before that. The old boss had been in my office 3 times; very angry; asking if she was coming in; if she had called. He was getting madder every time he came in to ask.
Then (about 45 minutes after she should have been there) I got a text from her that she was sick. Instead of just copying it to one of the younger bosses, I did that AND went and told the old boss. I also told him that someone should tell employees the procedure for calling in sick; that texting me wasn't the way.
He got angry at me!
Allowed me to work all day (while I thought they were all meeting in HR office to discuss the trainee), but they were planning my dismissal.
At 2:00, all filed into my office and said "because you thought we needed to be chewed out this morning, our relationship has ended."

Basically he got his panties in a wad and took it out on me.
There's lots more but I won't bore you.

I was hurt and angry. I had been used.
They had told me over and over how great an employee I was; how they hated to have to replace me; how they knew they'd never find anyone who could do what I did.
And then they proved themselves liars.
I'm still angry. But only because they tried to make it my fault.

On the good side? I'm home with DH. Although he can't do a lot of things he'd like to do, we are relieved of the work related stress I was under.
It's like a weight was taken off my shoulders.
I filed for unemployment.

It's been a bit over 2 weeks. We live in a small rural area; so far I haven't run into any of them. When I do? I will probably thank them.
Seriously, I'm sure they think they "got me" but they are the ones who are paying. Trainee #3 was not ready to take it on her own.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Life Update kidflash212 10-28-14 1
   RE: Life Update jbug 10-29-14 10
 RE: Life Update HobbsofMI 10-28-14 2
   RE: Life Update jbug 10-29-14 11
 RE: Life Update newsomewayne 10-28-14 3
   RE: Life Update jbug 10-29-14 12
 RE: Life Update kingfish 10-28-14 4
   RE: Life Update foonermints 10-28-14 5
       RE: Life Update kingfish 10-28-14 7
       Fooner!!!! jbug 10-29-14 14
           RE: Fooner!!!! foonermints 11-13-14 19
   RE: Life Update newsomewayne 10-28-14 6
       RE: Life Update kingfish 10-28-14 8
           RE: Life Update suzzee 10-29-14 9
   RE: Life Update jbug 10-29-14 13
 RE: Life Update cahaya 11-04-14 15
   RE: Life Update jbug 11-13-14 18
 RE: Life Update Molaholic 11-04-14 16
   RE: Life Update jbug 11-13-14 17
       RE: Life Update kingfish 11-14-14 20
           RE: Life Update foonermints 11-15-14 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-14, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Life Update"
I'm glad it turned out o be a blessing in disguise. They really sound like terrible bosses. I have a feeling they were also afraid that your DH's medical bills would affect their premiums on your insurance and wanted you out sooner than later. Lame excuse to say you "chewed them out".

Enjoy the time off - you've earned it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-29-14, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Life Update"
Every nite when I go to bed - much much later than I ever have - I thank God for turning this around for me.

(DH has Medicare; not on my group insurance plan.)

My insurance ends Friday Oct 31.
I got in a physical, eye exam and annual girlie physical.

HobbsofMI 16039 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-14, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Life Update"
So in summary....someone didn't call in sick right and you got the ax?

I hope what goes around comes around to them.

It seems things are working out and I hope they keep going for you and your DH.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

10-29-14, 04:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Life Update"
Thanks Hobbsie.

newsomewayne 9306 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-14, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Life Update"
We live in a small rural area; so far I haven't run into any of them. When I do? I will probably thank them.

Romans 12:…19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. 20"BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I know how you feel. When I got laid off from my first real job, I felt like I'd escaped from an abusive marriage. Looking back on the last four years, it was THE best thing that could've happened to me, professionally.

School Spirit by Syren, 2005

10-29-14, 04:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Life Update"
So good to see you!
Everyone I talk to says he'll get what's coming to him.
So it makes me feel better to know that friends know it was not me.

kingfish 17779 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-14, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Life Update"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-14 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

With all respect to my buddy Newsome and his wise advice, don't depend on God for help, take matters into your own hands and do what you can to help yourself. Whatever he does for you is fine, but don’t neglect those things that you have some control over.

Don’t be afraid to explore legal remedies. Find a lawyer who will give an initial interview for free, and see if you have a basis for an unlawful termination lawsuit. It sounds like you very well may have that. If he says no, find another. Use up the listings in the phone book until you find one that will help. Just entering a lawsuit can have some intimidation value. Also, they might be able to offer help with other sources of state and fed. income, such as SS.

Save all documentation. Everything you can think of, even work products. If you still have access to your work Emails, print those out now.

If you want to be really sneaky, swallow a bit of pride (in the name of revenge) and go to your old boss to try and get your job back, and use the voice recorder app on your phone to record the interview. It sounds like he can be provoked easily, but watch what you yourself say on the recording. And don't tell him you are recording. A recording may or may not admissible in a Tennessee Court, but it can be valuable even if it is not.

Good luck JuneBug, I’m pulling for you and your DH.

(And don’t you think you still get the best advice here?)

foonermints 13014 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-14, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Life Update"
From a fish?

10-28-14, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Life Update"
Right from the gills of Cobblepot Kingfish himself.

10-29-14, 04:57 PM (EST)
14. "Fooner!!!!"
I have missed you so so so much!

11-13-14, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fooner!!!!"
12 hour days leave little time for much else. I love sleep!
Probably quit myself in another 6 or 8 months.
Hell if I know for sure..

foonermints: up to naughty mischeif!

newsomewayne 9306 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-14, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Life Update"
Well, my advice was really pointed towards her personal conduct in public settings. I'd also advise looking at any legal recourse, as well, if she feels it warranted.

Also, I have no idea what TN law is, but I do remember it being said it is illegal to unknowingly record someone in california when that whole LA Clippers thing came about. I doubt Jbug has the money and clout to get away with that like that rich dude's wife did.

10-28-14, 11:54 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Life Update"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-14 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

I was curious and decided to Wiki it:

http://www.detectiveservices.com/2012/02/27/state-by-state-recording-laws/

Tennessee – A person who is a party to a wire, oral, or electronic communication, or who has obtained the consent of at least one party, (Ed. note - in this case that would be Junebug) can lawfully record a communication. Consent is not required for the taping of a non-electronic communication uttered by a person who does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that communication.

FYI:
California – Must have consent of all parties to intercept or eavesdrop upon any confidential communication, including a telephone call or wire communication. Conversations that occur at any public gathering where one could expect to be overheard, including any legislative, judicial or executive proceeding open to the public, are not covered by the statute.

It would be lawful to tape record a conversation in Tenn., depending on what is considered "reasonable expectation of privacy". I assume that that could be overcome if the Bug were to claim at some point in the conversation claim that she didn't consider it to be a private conversation, and if the boss didn’t contradict her.

But in any case, and in any state, it only becomes an issue if it comes up in a trial.

suzzee 5561 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-14, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Life Update"
Cobblepot Kingfish, Esq.

I should be watched....closely.

10-29-14, 04:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Life Update"
One of my cousins who is manager for a very large company suggested file an age discrimination suit. He says he can never lay off or terminate anyone over 40 without first checking with their attorneys.
That if he hired someone younger than me and for less wages, I have a suit.

Problem #1. I DON'T want the job back. Could it be a monetary suit? That's the only way to ever hurt the old boss - get in his pocket.

#2: the first trainee was 72 years old. He was a friend and co-church member of the old boss & oldest son. They claimed he had fallen on hard times and really needed a job, but then it turned out he said he couldn't work FT. I could make the claim that they hired him just to throw an age discrimination suit off track.

cahaya 19283 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-14, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Life Update"
Hey, you!

Sorry to hear you're getting the short end of the stick where you work. It seems you're a lot more reliable (medical appointments or not) than the trainees, but it also seems you have a rather ungrateful boss. I don't blame you for feeling angry about it.

Glad to hear your hubby is out and about although he can't do some of the things he could before. My dad had a stroke earlier this year and it has been hard on both of my parents. He can't do the things he could before, but he's in denial about it and there's still some adjustments they need to make. I'm visiting them a lot more often now to make sure they're getting along okay.

Take care, bug!

A royal agman creation

11-13-14, 09:18 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Life Update"
Yes Cahaya, I think he will find that even with the time I had to miss I made more effort to be there than anyone else he may find.

Molaholic 8890 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-14, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Life Update"
Good to hear you're doing well with this -- that other door seems to have opened.

However, it looks to me like there may have been something weird going on - you said that Boss was concerned about lost time caring for DH - has he heard of the American's with Disabilities Act or the Family Medical Leave Act? There are protections out there.

That being said -- maybe it is best you are rid of him.

Caio

11-13-14, 09:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Life Update"
My apologies for being so long in returning.

FMLA only applies ot companies with 50+ employees.
Yea. bummer for anyone working for a small company.

I AM better off. Stress is just a bad memory

I heard just yesterday that they are having quite a time without me. The replacement had not yet learned enough and no one there knows enough to complete her training. They've just left her to learn as best as she can.

11-14-14, 09:20 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Life Update"
Must give you some satisfaction. And I'm glad you are free (and happy) at last. MLK would be proud.

And I'm glad you are my friend and still post here. I don't have many friends, and I can't stand to lose even a one.

(pity party)

11-15-14, 01:07 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Life Update"
So speaketh The Moonshine.. So speaketh We all!

They did something to me on that saucer 2Patch, I swear they did!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •