The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56966 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-14, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
Some people in this state can be very, very stupid.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/elementary-school-throws-ebola-tantrum-over-two-kids-from-rwanda/

And the school officials are worse for caving in to it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... kidflash212 10-20-14 1
 RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... kingfish 10-20-14 2
 RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... newsomewayne 10-20-14 3
   RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... PepeLePew13 10-20-14 4
       RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... kingfish 10-21-14 6
           RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... PepeLePew13 10-21-14 7
               Fixed that for you. Estee 10-21-14 8
               RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... kingfish 10-21-14 10
           RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... HobbsofMI 10-22-14 12
               RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... kingfish 10-22-14 13
       RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... newsomewayne 10-27-14 21
   RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... Estee 10-20-14 5
       RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight k... newsomewayne 10-27-14 22
 Turnabout is fair play, right? Estee 10-21-14 9
   RE: Turnabout is fair play, right? kingfish 10-21-14 11
 See you in three weeks Brownroach 10-24-14 14
   RE: See you in three weeks kingfish 10-24-14 15
   You scared me! moonbaby 10-24-14 16
       RE: You scared me! Agman2 10-24-14 17
       RE: You scared me! Brownroach 10-24-14 18
       RE: You scared me! Estee 10-25-14 19
           RE: You scared me! kingfish 10-26-14 20
               RE: You scared me! suzzee 11-05-14 23
                   RE: You scared me! Agman2 11-05-14 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4246 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-20-14, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
The world would be a better place if ignorance hurt.

Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 17741 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-14, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
They kept the wrong kids out of school.

newsomewayne 9304 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-14, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
I don't know why they're worried. We've been promised by the Great Physician-in-Chief (May He live forever!) that Ebola will never make it to the U.S.

Or was it that if it ever did, that it would not spread.

Or was it that if it did spread, there would be no outbreak.

Or was it that if there was an outbreak, it would be contained.

Or was it that if it were not contained, there would still be no need to worry because the virus promises to only attack white, privileged Republicans. (I know, double oxymoron)

U.S. Government: Doing everything you used to do yourself for you since 2008.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

PepeLePew13 25405 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-14, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-14 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

Obama never 'promised' that Ebola wouldn't come to the U.S. - he said, based on what he was advised, that it was 'unlikely' to come to America. Big difference.

It's not on him that the incompetence of the airport staff in Liberia let Thomas Eric Duncan onto the plane in the first place and it's not on him that the incompetence of the Dallas airport staff let Duncan through customs, and it's not on him that the hospital in Dallas let Duncan go home after an initial check-up.

But don't let facts get in the way of spreading rumour and politics.

10-21-14, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-14 AT 10:53 AM (EST)

I have to respectfully and only partially disagree that there is a “Big” difference between what Obama said and what he is said to have promised.

There is a difference in saying that an event is unlikely rather than making a promise that the event will never happen, as you mention, but in reality it is spin language that provides tail coverage for later, just in case the event did come to pass. He’s speaking in political lingo, which is not unforgivable as he is a politician and practiced in the double speak which avoids the precise in favor of the vague.

For all intents and purposes, it is saying the same thing.

Also, it should be pointed out (and this is a fact) that Dallas is in the US, one of the states of the union of which he’s the final buck stopping person.

PepeLePew13 25405 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-14, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
So, in other words, every President is responsible for every single murder, robbery, illegal immigrant, fraudulent tax return, and Senator who tomcats around, etc. in the USA since he's the final buck stopping person.

10-21-14, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Fixed that for you."
Every Democrat President.

10-21-14, 02:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-14 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

Those would not be my other words. I’m surprised you feel that way.

HobbsofMI 16036 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-14, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
You are right, Dallas is in Texas and is part of the US. But I will also point out that Texas is run by Rick Perry and the Pubs and have their own Health office.

The same office that had the authority to impose quarantine restrictions on persons suspected of having contagious diseases such as Ebola, regardless of CDC recommendations.

Health officials in Texas who declined Amber Vinson request for a private plane back to Dallas once she learned that her co-worker, Nina Pham, had tested positive for Ebola.

Mistakes were made all around so let's keep politics out of it.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

10-22-14, 04:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-14 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-22-14 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

Killjoy!

But you're right, we should keep politics out of it. We don't need any more kneejerk Obama apologists, or any more automatic "It's Texas fault!" claimants.

The CDC has the primary responsibility for protecting the public health, including from infectious diseases. Malaria was an early focus. And they seem to be have done a pretty good job at that.

The airports, cities, and states have to also do their part. But when you're talking CDC, you're talking Obama’s people, and when there is a lapse in the performance of the CDC’s duties, one would be incorrect in saying that the buck doesn't stop at his desk.

I don't know that one, two, or a just a few cases actually represents a serious lapse, though, so it's probably premature to start placing blame on Obama, Perry, or Texas, or anyone else simply because of those cases.

But in any case, Newsome's statements in his original post (maybe without the hyperbole) are basically a valid criticisms of Obama. IMO.

10-27-14, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
Okay, so maybe he never said the word promise. I suppose I inferred it since it followed the typical pattern of an Obama promise.

1. Say something that you know isn't true.
2. When first statement becomes widely shown to be demonstrably false by anyone other than Fox News, say something else.
3. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

I can't help but keep thinking that the Dallas hospital never would have been in a position to make any mistakes they did if we'd just kept Duncan out of the country in the first place.

Of course, maybe it was good that he got here, in the sense that some awareness was raised, so that when Dr. Craig "congratulations, you've just one the super e-bowl-a, what are you going to do first - I'm going bowling" Spencer came down with it, the NY Health Dept. could respond quickly. BTW, if you lived in NY, wouldn't you want to put on a hazmat suit and find this guy so you could beat the ever-lovin' sh!t out of him with a 10' pole? What kind of moron comes back from Ebolaville and decides that he just needs a night on the town to unwind. This stuff is transmitted by body fluids, right? Does sweat count? Anybody know if the Lysol they use at the shoe rental desk kills Ebola? I sure hope so.

10-20-14, 06:18 PM (EST)
5. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
I've actually been resisting the urge to go on a major conservative site and post the 'discovery' that the virus is the Christian god's punishment against liberalism and therefore only kills anyone who holds those beliefs: conservatives can carry the virus, but won't actually contract it. And therefore because, as we know, this is a war for America and liberals are soulless shells who need to die for the sake of humanity, it is the duty of every True Conservative to expose themselves to the virus and then go out and infect every liberal they can find. In the name of the greater good.

I haven't posted this on such a site because someone would take it seriously.

Now: your case of ODS aside, do you support excluding these children from school?

10-27-14, 12:07 PM (EST)
22. "RE: By contrast, the twenty-eight kids sent to school with the flu? No problem!"
do you support excluding these children from school?

No more or less than I support excluding from school all children who aren't future members of the Young Republicans.

Kidding aside, and without having watched the video with the article, no, I don't support excluding these children from school. I think it is a stretch to say this is necessary.

10-21-14, 02:09 PM (EST)
9. "Turnabout is fair play, right?"
Rwanda has announced it will now screen all U.S. travelers for ebola.

10-21-14, 02:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Turnabout is fair play, right?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-14 AT 09:06 AM (EST)

The Rwandan Government does have a sense of ironic humor.

Wait for Venezuela's next immigration announcement, followed by North Korea's. Although evidence of humor in those states has been lacking, they never miss a chance for a childish dig at the US.

Brownroach 14843 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-14, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "See you in three weeks"
I just viewed the video. I don't think stupidity is contagious, but just in case, I'm electing not to post on any internet message boards for the next 21 days.

10-24-14, 10:49 AM (EST)
15. "RE: See you in three weeks"
Until then, don't sneeze on me.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

moonbaby 17104 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-14, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "You scared me!"
I thought you might have gone ebowling in Brooklyn!

Agman2 291 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-14, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: You scared me!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-14 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

No, but I heard he got tickets to the super ebowla

sorry Moonie, that's the best I got!

Brownroach 14843 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-14, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: You scared me!"
If ironic hipsters in Williamsburgh start dropping, I won't be too upset. (I hear Ebola attacks the beard first.)

(And I took all precautions before posting this. Honestl- achoo.)

10-25-14, 06:04 AM (EST)
19. "RE: You scared me!"
What I've learned from this is that not only do people regularly vomit and defecate on bowling balls, but everyone else wants to use those balls before they're cleaned.

Must affect the balance or something.

10-26-14, 01:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: You scared me!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-14 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

I heard that ebola **** gives the ball a better spin.

Now, for a few bowling alley paper toilet seat protector jokes...

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

suzzee 5545 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-14, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: You scared me!"
I'm waiting for the jokes. tap...tap...tap...

Corrupting teenage boys since, well,
none of your business how long...

Agman2 291 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-14, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: You scared me!"
Well, once this traveling salesman stopped off at a farm house and asked the farmer for a room............

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •