The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Joan Rivers (81)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26463 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-14, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Joan Rivers (81)"
Well, she had a good run. Rest in peace, Joan.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Joan Rivers (81) Estee 09-04-14 1
 RE: Joan Rivers (81) Brownroach 09-04-14 2
 RE: Joan Rivers (81) kingfish 09-05-14 3
   RE: Joan Rivers (81) kingfish 09-08-14 4
       RE: Joan Rivers (81) Brownroach 09-09-14 5
           RE: Joan Rivers (81) Sagebrush Dan 09-10-14 7
               RE: Joan Rivers (81) Brownroach 09-10-14 8
                   RE: Joan Rivers (81) kidflash212 09-10-14 11
                       RE: Joan Rivers (81) kingfish 09-11-14 12
 RE: Joan Rivers (81) Sagebrush Dan 09-10-14 6
 RE: Joan Rivers (81) dabo 09-10-14 9
   RE: Joan Rivers (81) Brownroach 09-10-14 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 56946 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-14, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
To me, the laughter she once brought into the world was balanced by the spite. I won't say something against her at this time -- but I can't mourn her loss.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Brownroach 14746 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-14, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
I'm kind of with Estee. She could be very very VERY funny. But (more frequently as she got older) she also came across as rather crass, pushy, petty and b!tchy.

I generally like comedians where I feel like I would enjoy hanging out with them in real life. I didn't feel that way about her.

kingfish 17582 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-14, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
She was never hesitant to offend anybody and say whatever she felt like saying no matter how hurtful she might be, and whatever the cost to others. So I think it’s appropriate that we (or I anyway) do the same for her.

She was condescending and thought herself to be above the rabble. She was self entitled. She was an offensive witch. She was so hateful in her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice that it reversed in my mind the entire slate of positive opinions I previously held of her based on her comedy through the years. And her daughter is not far behind.

Her death relieves humanity of one small and unimportant human cancer.

Finally, at last. RIP.

09-08-14, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
Ouch. There’s not a lot of love from RTVW-land lost on ole Joan.

She's hopefully been sentenced to an eternity of endless poker hands with a Pokah Playah!

That'll burn her butt.

09-09-14, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
Well she got the funeral she wanted. More or less. Minus Meryl Streep and Bobby Vinton. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/arts/television/joan-rivers-funeral.html

On the other hand, Broadway won't be dimming its lights in her honor. Which decision I completely agree with. http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/broadway-wont-dim-lights-for-rivers/

Sagebrush Dan 9950 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-14, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
I read in the comments section that the PTB apparently changed their mind. Too bad.

09-10-14, 09:29 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-14 AT 09:30 AM (EST)

I hadn't read the comments. Since she was an avid theater supporter and did appear on Broadway a couple of times, I suppose it makes sense that they reversed it. I just don't think of her as a Broadway star.

kidflash212 4197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-10-14, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
No great love here for Joan Rivers but they recently dimmed the lights on Broadway for Robin Williams who had less a connection to Broadway than Joan Rivers. Joan was a tony award nominee for Best Actress.

09-11-14, 08:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
Well, she was on stage (what? 20 years ago?) so there is some reason to the madness. And on Broadway, this sort of thing is really just an excuse to promote their industry. Which is really their reason for being.

And, when it comes down to it, insiders might have a different opinion of her than we do (we, the wretched, the huddled masses – See I can be dramatic too. It's not so hard). They get to honor her (and by so doing, draw attention to themselves), and we get to go on without her. Win Win.

Sagebrush Dan 9950 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-14, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
A drive-by here. Grateful to find people who agree with me on the topic. She was great in the early years, but her viciousness and mean-spiritedness will not be missed. Does this mean we can finally be rid of her spoiled brat daughter?

Phylled by Tribe

dabo 26463 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-14, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margaret-cho/putting-the-fun-back-in-f_b_5785748.html

In the morose silence Howard Stern said, "Joan Rivers had a dry pussy." .. I started laughing hysterically .. Howard Stern actually choked back tears as he continued -- "Joan's pussy was so dry it was like a sponge so that when she got in the bathtub, whooooosh!, all the water would get absorbed in there! .. If Whitney Houston had as dry a pussy as Joan's, she would still be alive."

09-10-14, 11:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Joan Rivers (81)"
The "joke" was Joan's own, apparently, retold by Howard. Quoting in full:

Howard Stern actually choked back tears as he continued -- "Joan's pussy was so dry it was like a sponge -- so that when she got in the bathtub -- whooooosh -- all the water would get absorbed in there! Joan said that if Whitney Houston had as dry a pussy as Joan's, she would still be alive today..."

Just another example of her crude bad taste.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •