The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Insomniacs needed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8821 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-14, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Insomniacs needed"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-14 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

Thanks to a mild-but-frightening medical experience last week (I’ll keep the details private for now thankyouverymuch) I’ve been scheduled for an EEG on Monday. The kicker, as a ‘crucial’ aspect to prepare I need to report sleep-deprived (minimum of 36 hours outside the arms of Morpheus). Sadly, this is to be done without the benefit of caffeine or sugar.
So, what do you suggest I do to keep the Sandman at bay? (The CT scan came out normal. Oh, and I’ve got a sleep-apnea study coming up too…)

Mucho lurve to tribe 2012

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Insomniacs needed kidflash212 08-02-14 1
 RE: Insomniacs needed cahaya 08-02-14 2
 RE: Insomniacs needed dabo 08-02-14 3
 RE: Insomniacs needed starshine 08-03-14 4
 RE: Insomniacs needed Brownroach 08-04-14 5
   RE: Insomniacs needed Molaholic 08-04-14 6
       RE: Insomniacs needed kingfish 08-04-14 7
 RE: Insomniacs needed dabo 08-04-14 8
 RE: Insomniacs needed Molaholic 08-04-14 9
   RE: Insomniacs needed cahaya 08-04-14 10
   RE: Insomniacs needed kidflash212 08-05-14 11
   RE: Insomniacs needed starshine 08-05-14 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-02-14, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
Sorry to hear of the medical problems. I am not sure I could stay awake that long (unless I were on a plane since I can never sleep if I am on a plane).

Maybe drink lots of water. Having to run to the bathroom every hour should keep you up.

Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 19266 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-14, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
Wow, a day and a half of sleep deprivation? Some of us have done it, pulling an all-nighter or two, but that's when we were younger!

I wish you well, Moly.

Surfkitten Summer sigshop 2008

dabo 26405 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-14, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-14 AT 10:30 PM (EST)

Just bear in mind that the inventor of the EEG was a crackpot Nazi.

“It was a case of spontaneous telepathy in which at a time of mortal danger, and as I contemplated certain death, I transmitted my thoughts, while my sister, who was particularly close to me, acted as the receiver.”

http://mattsko.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/the-twilight-zone/

starshine 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-03-14, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
Ten days until I get my mask fitted for the old apnea.

My thinking is that you need a varied routine, fly to Las Vegas adding in the Grand Canyon or catch the Pacific Surfliner and have a day out in San Diego Seaworld & Aquatica! Rent a car and get your kicks on route 66. http://www.historic66.com/california/

Don't forget to go to the Picklefest http://beverlyhills.org/exploring/farmersmarket/picklefest/ or maybe the Crawfish festival.

watch films or tv http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jeeves+and+wooster+full+episodes, read books, cook for the freezer, visit http://www.banningmuseum.org or http://elpueblo.lacity.org/SightsSounds/HistoricStructures/TheAvilaAdobe/index.htm, play all of the Bloons http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Bloons-Games/Bloons.html, lots of iced water and not too much heavy food.

Best of Luck my Friend

Brownroach 14729 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-14, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
You can do the sleep apnea test at home, you don't need to stay at a sleep lab. I took one recently at the request (insistence?) of my cardiologist. They told me I do have sleep apnea: which is funny, because I'm pretty sure I didn't have it before they suggested that I/ordered me to take the test. I haven't called them back to discuss my "options". DAP (denial, avoidance and procrastination) is my MO these days.

It's now late Sunday evening, so I hope you're still awake. Good luck tomorrow.

08-04-14, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
4:02 AM local time and still awake (thou I may have drifted a bit once or thrice during the night, but only for a few minutes).

Yes, they're giving me the home version for the sleep apnea - but not until October. Still sounds a bit ponderous (at least the Wikipedia description does).

Oh well -- back to the computer solitare game.

kingfish 17472 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-14, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
So, who's winning?

dabo 26405 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-14, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/04/venn-diagram-john-venn-birthday/13581205/

08-04-14, 09:25 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
Well, it was a very interesting procedure.

You're brought into a room with a typical hospital-type bed. After getting into the proper position, 27 probes are attached (sans needles ).

The instructions are fairly simple -- lie quietly with your eyes closed. The first part involves a strobe light placed near your face, with a series of 6-7 flash patterns lasting about 20-30 seconds each. Next, you're asked to hyperventilate for 3 minutes (this ain't easy!), still keeping your eyes closed. Finally, you're asked to open/close eyes several times before being asked to relax and try to fall asleep. I was told that the rationale for the sleep depravation (as well as the strobes and hyperventilation) was to have the brain under stress during the test. The final quiet-time took about 20-25 minutes. The tech unhooks you and you're finished.

The description on wiki was fairly accurate.

I was told everything looked pretty good, but the neurologist will still need to review the results.

Overall, about an hour from start to finish.

Another Agman masterpiece (2011)

cahaya 19266 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-14, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
What an hour! Here you are, hooked up to a bunch of diagnostic measuring instruments, which (hopefully) gives your doctor a good idea of your physical and mental and sleep condition.

Yup, it's good you researched in advance (WebMD is also good), I'd also want to be informed about any procedure.

Pepe's summer 2013 sig blast

Last time I did this, I had a Physics exam the next day.

kidflash212 4174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-05-14, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
Glad it went well - hope you didn't drive yourself there.

starshine 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-05-14, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Insomniacs needed"
Good to hear everything is probably OK, but did you remember to shut the door before you went out?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •