The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-14, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
Discussion of this year's surefire guaranteed comedy hit goes here.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... kingfish 07-31-14 1
   RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... Estee 07-31-14 2
       RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... kingfish 07-31-14 4
 RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... dabo 07-31-14 3
   RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... kingfish 07-31-14 5
       RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... dabo 07-31-14 6
           RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... kingfish 07-31-14 7
               RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... dabo 07-31-14 13
       RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... snidget 07-31-14 8
           Here's the data cahaya 07-31-14 9
           RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... kingfish 07-31-14 10
               RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... cahaya 07-31-14 11
               RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a s... snidget 07-31-14 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17465 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
Let's be honest now. There have been times in the not so distant past when you would have been whole heartedly for this idea, right?

If you can't impeach them, sue them!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 56923 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
I think it's setting a very bad precedent which the GOP will refuse to acknowledge ever existed once it's turned against them, much like every recorded interview Rand Paul has ever done and carefully forgotten. Every time any sitting executive does something the counter-majority legislature doesn't like? Sue. And nothing ever gets done while the only people who get anything out of it are the lawyers, which is admittedly pretty much the current status quo.

This just feels like two things: the GOP trying to stir up some of their base to ever-more rabid levels of foaming at the mouth just in time for the midterms -- and an excuse for the Internet to post a few thousand Annoying Orange gifs.

07-31-14, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
This just feels like two things: the GOP trying to stir up some of their base to ever-more rabid levels of foaming at the mouth just in time for the midterms -- and an excuse for the Internet to post a few thousand Annoying Orange gifs.

No argument there. Same old same old midterm strategy, regardless of opposition party.

dabo 26399 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
Yep, that's right, woohoo! Barrack Obama totally invented some doohicky he calls the "Executive Order" in order to get some actual work done in spite of having been saddled with two consecutive dysfunctional Congresses determined to do no work at all, just collect their paychecks. Shame Shame! (Never mind that every president from George Washington on has issued Executive Orders, actual reality is irrelevant.)

Feh. The current GOP are a bunch of wussies.

07-31-14, 12:49 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
There is a difference between an autocracy and a democracy. We' are supposed to have something resembling a democracy where the "king" has limited autocratic powers. It shouldn’t be looked upon as a bad thing for Congress to perform their duties in trying to enforce what they perceive as possible over reach of those powers or encroachments of the law. And if politics enters into it (and of course it does), in this day and age, the partisan accusations point equally both ways.

Don't forget, part of that legislature that does nothing is the Democratically controlled Senate that habitually shoots down Congressional legislation. Point at Harry Reid if you want to find the Great Partisan Uncompromiser, unless you feel that Obama’s ramming the Affordable Care act down the country’s throat without any Republican support an even greater affront to any semblance of compromise, or his refusal to delay the start of Obamacare (that initially failed miserably) in spite of an offered compromise of a couple month delay, an obstinate position that caused the needless shut down of the government at the cost of a measly few 10s of billions of dollars and idled thousands of Gov’t. workers for a month.

If you want to know why Government is dysfunctional, that buck stops with the president. I do not think that it is incumbent on nor is it the duty of the opposition to roll over and offer obedient acquiescence to the majority, no matter who is in power.

07-31-14, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
Personally, I am still trying to find out who has any ideas for the next two years. The Pubs don't seem to have any and are totally devoted to distracting everyone from their brainlessness. Meanwhile, the Dems seem just dedicated in having no ideas to move forward, just digging in and defending their position on the high ground. Yippie. Strategically, we all lose no matter what. It is all a game.

07-31-14, 02:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
If the Senate goes as presently predicted, we will see what the Republicans have. I think Paul Ryan has some good ideas budget wise, and one would hope that sooner or later Obama would have to sign something budget related if passed by the House and Senate. If not, well, that may well cause the scales to tip all the way to the GOP two years later. Hillary notwithstanding.

And it's pretty apparent that the GOP has ideas in regard to the health bill.

Immigration? Hopefully, sooner or later they will see that higher walls and more police aren't feasible answers. It's sadly ironic but the Bush proposals for seasonal workers and amnesty doesn’t seem to be in their sights. It is also sad that they seem to think that a Berlin Wall on our Southern border is the only solution. It is beyond sad to think that they believe building and patrolling thousands miles of steel fence could be effective, or even possible, let alone affordable or humane.

It seems that even the GOP is coming on board in regard to Pot laws, and it's my opinion that some form of national legalization will contribute to solving immigration, human trafficking, and drug smuggling problems, Mexican cartel problems, diminish problems with overcrowded prisons, and improve basic productivity of US citizens (those that aren’t high).

There are a positions that the GOP advocates that I like, example: Voter ID, Defense, NASA, Keystone pipeline, Fracking regs, nuclear energy. And few that are less admirable (CO2 issues, other EPA regs., abortion, religion, most social issues).

And I just hope that Estee is wrong, that they aren’t out to kill her. If they are, and if they succeed, be assured that we will have a nice well written heartfelt RIP post in OT. Junebug says she has already written one, so we are prepared.

07-31-14, 11:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
Jeb may show up in a couple of years for a Clinton-Bush rematch. Like his brother he does seem to understand the need for some kinder gentler immigration reform.

snidget 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-14, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
I'm still trying to figure out who never noticed any president using executive orders before this year...

They all do it, now it may not be right, but why was it OK for all the other presidents to do this, but not this one. (or why only now is it so bad he needs to be sued but not last year, or three years ago when they weren't upset about it)

I've seen numbers of them, any data that Obama's are significantly more autocratic than any other presidents?

cahaya 19259 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Here's the data"
I've seen numbers of them, any data that Obama's are significantly more autocratic than any other presidents?

You can crunch the numbers and figure out if Obama is above the mean or the median or outside of standard deviation.

By this measure, FDR was a total dictator and GWB outdid Obama, with good old Ronald Reagan as tops in the last ten Presidents.

07-31-14, 07:51 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
For me, and probably most of us, that is a murky area. Which is why I like this news because it may help me understand the permissible limits of executive orders. What actions are permissible via EO, and what aren't?

I think it's understood that executive Orders are legal in times of crisis; war, weather, whatever. And in fact, I would guess that that’s why that power exists.

Obviously, executive orders have always been with us as a presidential tool, and obviously most if not all previous presidents have wielded that tool. No one is contesting that that I've heard. Nor is it relevant to count the number of executive orders issued in the past. Many of GW Bush’s EOs undoubtedly were issued during Hurricane Katrina, and I don’t think anyone would criticize him for those.

It would be more to the point to discuss what were the circumstances that surrounded the issuance of past presidents EOs and how they compare qualitatively to the Executive orders issued by Obama, and those being contemplated by him.

I would think that with the above in mind, that issuance of EOs in regard to the immediate immigration problem would probably be legal. It is a major crisis. But the orders he's issued in regard to the Health care Act seem like he's rewriting legislation based on his whims, and changing specific language of the law that has been legally enacted, something that I would think would be illegal. My objection to his mods to the health law are that he's illegally usurping the powers of the legislature by rewriting legally passed legislation.

That does seem to be a bit autocratic, to me.

cahaya 19259 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
That does seem to be a bit autocratic, to me.

The United States Constitution, Article Two, Section 1, Clause 1:

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows.

Clause 1 is a "vesting clause," similar to other clauses in Articles One and Three, but it vests the power to execute the instructions of Congress, which has the exclusive power to make laws; "To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof."

White House page on The Executive Branch.

snidget 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-14, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hey, kids! Let's put on a show sue a President!"
That is what I don't know, if Obama's are really any different in quality, as it certainly isn't a matter of quantity. Although the way some talking heads are talking no president in all of history ever used even a single executive order.

But it isn't like we have had zero natural disasters, zero wars, etc.

I have a feeling they only dislike them because congress seems determined to make sure the least amount of actual work gets done and how dare anyone circumvent their inability to vote on where to get lunch from.

I'm actually shocked they actually found something they could get to a vote. Of course it is something that is only going to cost the tax payers money and not get anything of consequence done.

And AFAIK if congress decided to actually do something they could overturn these orders with other laws, but then that would get in the way of their do-nothingness.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •