The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Men creating God in their own image"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-14, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Men creating God in their own image"
'I would never make anything other than humans intelligent in the universe, because as a human, I am the most special thing there is and am determined to remain so. But if I did anyway... then I would create them to burn, making them beyond any hope of salvation. Every last one of them would be born only to be damned, with no power in the universe which could change that -- and that most especially means Jesus. Because that way, I'm even more special than I was a minute ago. And I'm the most special thing ever. Don't you agree?'

Allow me to congratulate Mr. Ham, because it takes a very special man indeed to turn eternal damnation into the moral choice/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/creationist-ken-ham-aliens-will-go-to-hell-so-really-why-fund-nasa/

But the good news is, he'll be burning with the rest of us.

Descendants Of Adam only? Okay. No problem. So... was Adam white?

And he created a cosmic bigot.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Men creating God in their own i... cahaya 07-21-14 1
   RE: Men creating God in their own i... Estee 07-21-14 2
       RE: Men creating God in their own i... cahaya 07-21-14 4
 RE: Men creating God in their own i... kingfish 07-21-14 3
 Jesus, take the defense counsel sea... Estee 07-22-14 5
   RE: Jesus, take the defense counsel... cahaya 07-22-14 6
       RE: Jesus, take the defense counsel... kingfish 07-22-14 7
 RE: Men creating God in their own i... Colonel Zoiderg 07-23-14 8
   RE: Men creating God in their own i... kingfish 07-23-14 9
   RE: Men creating God in their own i... newsomewayne 07-23-14 10
       RE: Men creating God in their own i... Estee 07-23-14 11
 Ann Coulter to Christians: don't a... Estee 07-24-14 12
   RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don... Colonel Zoiderg 07-24-14 13
       RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don... dabo 07-24-14 15
           RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don... cahaya 07-24-14 17
               RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don... dabo 07-24-14 18
                   RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don... cahaya 07-24-14 20
 The Islam side of this. Estee 07-24-14 14
   RE: The Islam side of this. cahaya 07-24-14 16
 Consider yourself lucky cahaya 07-24-14 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 19249 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
Well, Pope Francis himself said that he'd offer to baptize any Martians who might happen visit.

Saved!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-21-14, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
It's comforting to know it'll be at least a two-sided holy war.

Sort of.

And would someone explain to me how alien life would prove evolution as opposed to 'Why stop with one Eden?' Also, I kind of need a Biblical leg up on the Jesus-As-Humans-Only-Bigot thing. If anyone's got a moment.

07-21-14, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
It is estimated that there are at least 70 sextillion or 7 × 1022 stars in the Universe, most of them within 100 billion galaxies, of which the Milky Way is one.

There seems to be no question that early life spontaneously sprung up on Earth with water and an atmosphere, along with carbon-based chemistry. And this life evolved over a few billion years, resulting in us human beings.

What are the odds, really? Scientists have put forth their conjectures based on astrophysics, chemistry and biology. Provided that a planet has the right environment and rich chemistry, the odds look pretty good for life to evolve on that planet. Will they be intelligent? It took Earth at least three billion years to come up with us, so even if it takes a lot of time, intelligent life is an emergent phenomena from evolution of life over a very long period of time. The Universe (as we know it) has probably been around for more than 13 billion years, so that's plenty of time to work with.

As for the religious implications of this? No comment.

kingfish 17438 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-14 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

So, now there is a concession that the rest of the universe does actually exist? We are now definitely all in agreement in regard to that?

Ok, then.

Progress.

Now, let's address the descendants of Adam in all those parallel universes. And all those possible different Adam, Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus etc. variations. In at least one, Moses didn't get all the way across the Red Sea. Are NASA et.al. scientists trying to prove that these places exist in order to verify that those invented bullcrap (sorry, I let a little bias show. Sorry) creationism theories don't exist?

Those sneaky little bastards (whoops, going to hell for that one too I guess).

Actually, is there a loophole? Can I declare myself to be an alien? Maybe I won't get to heaven, but I might dodge eternity in hell.

Klingon vowels are pretty hard to pronounce, so I don't know.

Stopping here. Mr. Ham is a nutcase.

07-22-14, 03:08 PM (EST)
5. "Jesus, take the defense counsel seat."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/driving-woman-asks-jesus-to-take-the-wheel-it-doesnt-go-well/

Not a particularly good week in deityhood.

07-22-14, 03:17 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Jesus, take the defense counsel seat."
Let me guess, she was playing Carrie Underwood's song on the car CD while she did that.

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

07-22-14, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jesus, take the defense counsel seat."
I don't know, I mean, I think I would like for Jesus to be my chauffeur. He would have to learn to drive a bit better than he did with that woman.

But for instance, free wine, right? And he could probably whip up some brewskies. Or maybe even an incredibly old single malt. With fish. Sushi.

You could always close the divider if he got too preachy.

Colonel Zoiderg 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-23-14, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
>Descendants Of Adam only? Okay.
> No problem. So...
> was Adam white?

If I'm not mistaken, the Bible described Adam as having skin "the color of lentils." Which means there are three possibilities, and the bigots won't like any of them.

The most obvious is brown, and God knows we can't have that. The second? Red. Well, that means Adam was American Indian. Does that means we retcon the name "Redskins" to honor residents of the Garden of Eden? Because that would take the whole controversy to a level of absurdity the world has not seen since...I dunno, probably more recently than we'd all care to admit.

The third possibility, and the one that would make this guy's head explode the fastest?

Green.

07-23-14, 10:11 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
I favor white. Adam the albino. Well, pinkish maybe, but no need to split any white hairs. It was probably Eve that had the genes for skin pigment.

(An aside: RIP Johnny Winter).

I changed my mind. I now favor Redskin. Most Southerners like me would like it if Adam was like us, and so I hereby declare that he probably was.

Agreed, given his stance on aliens, his head would explode if Adam happened to have been green. Mine would throb a bit also.

newsomewayne 9275 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-14, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
I think finding out Adam's skin was green would make anyone's head explode.

The other two wouldn't bother him a bit.

Stomach-turning sigs by Sharnina, 2007

07-23-14, 02:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Men creating God in their own image"
I feel it's entirely reasonable to conjecture that if living in an ideal garden where you wouldn't eat the entirely friendly animals and some of the produce was terminally off limits, Adam might have been forced to process sunlight.

07-24-14, 07:59 AM (EST)
12. "Ann Coulter to Christians: don't act by your own standards."
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-14 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/coulter-flips-at-catholics-helping-migrant-children-you-want-to-be-a-moral-show-off/

So this particular representative for the Party Of Jesus is fine with everything the Bible says, as long as no one ever tries to do any of the positive stuff.

Also, while I'm at it, a salute to Glenn Beck for also realizing these are kids and acting accordingly.

Yes, it's that kind of situation where Glenn Beck can be in the moral right. If we find one where Coulter is, let me know so the apocalypse can begin.

Colonel Zoiderg 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-24-14, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don't act by your own standards."
Ann Coulter: just add multi-colored signs and mocking death, and you have instant Fred Phelps.

dabo 26392 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-14, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don't act by your own standards."
foul language ahead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1seThIG34R8

07-24-14, 09:05 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don't act by your own standards."
As soon as I saw the 30 second advertisement, I closed the window.

dabo 26392 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-14, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don't act by your own standards."
"Skip Ad" didn't come up for you?
It's a cartoon.

Anyway, since y'all don't get it no matter how many times I refer to her as "She Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned" -- henceforth she shall simply be:

Great Cow of the Dummiverse.

07-24-14, 10:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ann Coulter to Christians: don't act by your own standards."
Hah! Okay, I watched it. Sorry I'm so allergic to you know who, the unmentionable.

I'd title this clip "Shades of Color".

07-24-14, 01:37 PM (EST)
14. "The Islam side of this."
I am now just about at the point of feeling we should outright nuke ISIS with no concerns about civilian deaths because given the choice between living under that insanity or being turned into a cloud of radioactive dust, there is an argument to be made for the nuke as the merciful option. Shorter-term suffering, less pain, and at least it's over.

Mandatory genital mutilation. Eleven years old and up. Their version of a deity said so.

It will get worse from here.

07-24-14, 09:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Islam side of this."
Good luck. You'd have to nuke a lot of square miles and take everyone else with them.

Then there's the Boko Haram.

07-24-14, 09:45 PM (EST)
19. "Consider yourself lucky"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-14 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

And he created a cosmic bigot.

That which gives energy to life can also deal death.

Washington (AFP) - Back in 2012, the Sun erupted with a powerful solar storm that just missed the Earth but was big enough to "knock modern civilization back to the 18th century," NASA said.

Ra, Ra, Hellfire!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •