The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RIP James Garner "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 17450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-20-14, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"RIP James Garner "
One of the most entertaining actors of all time, IMO.

His "James Rockford" was brilliant.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-garner-tv-and-movie-legend-dead-at-86/

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RIP James Garner PepeLePew13 07-20-14 1
   RE: RIP James Garner kingfish 07-20-14 2
       RE: RIP James Garner cahaya 07-20-14 3
           RE: RIP James Garner Estee 07-21-14 9
               RE: RIP James Garner AyaK 07-25-14 12
                   RE: RIP James Garner kingfish 07-28-14 15
 RE: RIP James Garner jbug 07-20-14 4
 RE: RIP James Garner dabo 07-20-14 5
 RE: RIP James Garner Molaholic 07-21-14 6
 RE: RIP James Garner Puffy 07-21-14 7
 RE: RIP James Garner Brownroach 07-21-14 8
   RE: RIP James Garner dabo 07-21-14 10
       RE: RIP James Garner kingfish 07-22-14 11
 RE: RIP James Garner AyaK 07-25-14 13
   RE: RIP James Garner kingfish 07-28-14 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 25307 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-14, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RIP James Garner "
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-14 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

RIP, James.

I remember many a time where we'd be watching The Rockford Files when I was young and my father would explain what was so great about what Garner did in the role, the subtleties and all that. That's what I remember the most about James Garner, even though there's been many more recent roles that he is remembered for in addition to being Jim Rockford.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-20-14, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RIP James Garner "
I have no intention of denigrating LA, I love the peeps that live there, and I like to visit. Occasionally.

But "The Rockford Files" is the only TV show that made LA seem to be a fun place to live.

cahaya 19252 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-14, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RIP James Garner "
He was quite the lady's man.

Support Your Local Sheriff!

Estee 56914 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RIP James Garner "
*looks at leftmost image*

Really.

AyaK 10326 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-14, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RIP James Garner "
Garner was married to the same woman, Lois Clarke, for 68 years (1956-2014) -- and they got married two weeks after they met at an Adlai Stevenson political rally.

No wonder he was chosen to play the husband in The Notebook.

07-28-14, 10:29 AM (EST)
15. "RE: RIP James Garner "
Among his many talents was a great narration voice. Even back as far as ‘Maverick’ his narrative voice stood out.

The 'Notebook' was a beautiful story and an all-time tear jerker.

jbug 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-14, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RIP James Garner "
RIP
Maverick

dabo 26392 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-14, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RIP James Garner "
Rest in peace, James. Thanks for all the wonderful shows.

Molaholic 8817 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RIP James Garner "
Another major Rockford fan here. He gave the standard private eye a whole new twist that hasn't been matched.

Living in a trailer on the beach in the 'boo -- what could be cooler?

Puffy 6639 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RIP James Garner "
"The Great Escape," "The Notebook," and Doris Day movies.

Brownroach 14728 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RIP James Garner "
A very appealing actor. I liked him. He was able to successfully switch back and forth between starring roles in film and TV, especially in the early 1960's, which was fairly unusual. RIP.

dabo 26392 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-14, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RIP James Garner "
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-14 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

Also a heckuva spokesman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBhASVKTucQ

07-22-14, 08:38 AM (EST)
11. "RE: RIP James Garner "
And his reputation was of a straight arrow no fooling around family man.

Remarkable for a guy who for most of his life had to be considered one of the most attractive guys in the biz, and must have been exposed to temptation on a daily if not hourly basis.

AyaK 10326 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-14, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: RIP James Garner "
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-14 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

I just wanted to state how much I loved Garner's strongly antiwar movie The Americanization of Emily, in which he played a U.S. Navy officer (and coward) during WWII who became involved with his British female driver (Julie Andrews). They were a great on-screen couple in a movie that actually had something to say through Paddy Chayefsky's screenplay. (I should add that I loved what the title turned out to mean, which wasn't at all what I expected when I first saw it decades ago.)

And Garner and Andrews were a good couple again in Blake Edwards' Victor/Victoria, which had comparatively nothing to say except for giving us some fine slapstick.

BTW, after being passed over for My Fair Lady, Andrews filmed her first three movies back-to-back-to-back in 1964. They were Mary Poppins, The Americanization of Emily (amazingly, her only B&W movie), and The Sound of Music. What a debut!

07-28-14, 08:31 AM (EST)
14. "RE: RIP James Garner "
Victor/Victoria was a slap-stick, but it had a little more than that. It centered around transgender themes, which although it was a remake of an earlier movie, was pretty much in the lead on that. And Alex Karras was pretty funny as a guy coming out of the closet.

But Julie Andrews is the all-time best (IMO) movie singer, even compared to Barbra and Judy Garland.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •