The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

cahaya 19273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-14, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
This time, Flight 17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur as it flew over Russian and Ukraine air space, reportedly shot down by a missile.

This is getting personal. One of my Malaysian friends lost a family member in Flight 370 that disappeared. With Malaysia being a small country where many families and colleagues know each other, I'm sure there are many anxious family and friends who may be grieving over this, even more so with the upcoming Hari Raya holidays in Malaysia.

DW and DD are still in Malaysia after being there about two weeks and they're due to fly back in two weeks. I hope they have a safe trip back, although it's on Lufthansa airline via Frankfurt.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... HobbsofMI 07-17-14 1
   RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... cahaya 07-17-14 2
   RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... Estee 07-17-14 3
 RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... PepeLePew13 07-17-14 4
 RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... PepeLePew13 07-18-14 5
   RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... kingfish 07-18-14 6
 American media reaction: Estee 07-18-14 7
 Karlijn dabo 07-20-14 8
   RE: Karlijn cahaya 07-20-14 9
   RE: Karlijn kingfish 07-22-14 11
       RE: Karlijn cahaya 07-22-14 15
   Update dabo 08-17-14 19
 So if you find out this Dutch cycli... snidget 07-21-14 10
 RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... PepeLePew13 07-22-14 12
   RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... dabo 07-22-14 13
       RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... cahaya 07-22-14 14
       RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... kingfish 07-23-14 16
 In Today's News dabo 07-23-14 17
 RE: Another Malaysia Airlines fligh... cahaya 07-25-14 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 16030 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-14, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
Reports now are it was shot down by a Buk missile system that was seen in the area in control of Pro-Russian group.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-17-14, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
The FAA very recently prohibited any U.S. airlines from going on that route overflying the Ukraine and the flight path has to circumvent it.

I've actually been on this flight (MAS 17) several times in traveling to and fro Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur. I always wondered when I looked out the window at the ground below what we were flying over and I'd check out the flight path info on the aircraft seat entertainment system.

Estee 56941 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-14, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
The instant I saw the claim of terrorist use, my first thought was Putin having found an ideal excuse.

The second was that for just about anyone in disputed territory, it's an ideal excuse.

Third: 'disputed territory' may include the United States.

No idea who's responsible, although I'm sure we'll get claimants. But I wouldn't be surprised by anyone.

And Cahaya? Tell them to take a boat.

PepeLePew13 25319 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-14, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
Just glad that it wasn't a flight that you were on as I know you've got ties to both Malaysia and the Netherlands.

This is going to be interesting to keep an eye on with the dynamics of the Russia-Ukraine relationship on the brink -- Ukraine claims it didn't come from their forces, so it was likely a rebel group that did this using a Russian anti-aircraft missile. Rebels are blaming Ukraine. It's not like this particular commercial plane could be mistaken for a fighter plane that has been targeted in recent weeks.

07-18-14, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-14 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

This is terrible...

An Australian woman lost her brother and sister-in-law on Flight 370 (the one that is still missing somewhere in the Indian Ocean) and now has lost her step-daughter in yesterday's shoot-down of Flight 17.

kingfish 17510 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-14, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-14 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

What a tragic coincidence.

There have been others, I remember reading the obit of a survivor of the A-bombing of Hiroshima, who then went to Nagasaki, tried to tell the people there about the horror, was not believed, and was a bombed there three days later.

His obit:

"'Lucky' Yamaguchi, the man who survived both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombs, dies aged 93. Tsutomu Yamaguchi, the only person officially recognized as a survivor of both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings at the end of World War II, has died at the age of 93."

Quite understandably, Mr. Yamaguchi was an outspoken opponent of nuclear arms in later life, and implored all nations that had them to destroy them.

I sympathize. Maybe it’s not a practical position, but I am on his side.

Estee 56941 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-14, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "American media reaction:"
It's the President's fault.

Also, the White House is using this as a deliberate distraction from the border crisis.

But he should have talked about it longer yesterday. To make it into a more blatant distraction.

*sigh*

I hate everything.

dabo 26427 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-14, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Karlijn"
Friend and colleague of DD when she was at IU.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/world/europe/karlijn-keijzer-and-quinn-schansman-were-aboard-malaysia-airlines-flight-17.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/19/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-plane-victims.html

07-20-14, 08:52 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Karlijn"

07-22-14, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Karlijn"
Tragic. One of so many terribly sad stories.

Fog of war, or horrible despicable act? I guess it matters, but the losses are irrecoverable.

I do not think Jesus saved us, after all.

07-22-14, 09:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Karlijn"
Fog of war, or horrible despicable act?

No doubt that neither the Russians or the Ukrainian separatists wanted to shoot down a civilian aircraft overflying the space.

But that doesn't keep it from happening when the separatists are conspiring with the Russians to gain the arms to shoot any plane from the sky.

08-17-14, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Update"
She (her remains) has been identified among the dead.

snidget 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-21-14, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "So if you find out this Dutch cyclist switched flights..."
do you also switch flights?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/dutch-cyclist-avoids-tragedy-scheduled-doomed-flights/story?id=24632968

Or do you figure his luck is about to run out and avoid any flight he is on?

Tribe's Capital Retrieval and Woodworking Warehouse

07-22-14, 05:29 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-14 AT 05:30 PM (EST)

There's all kinds of conspiracy theorists and speculation out there (and plenty of finger-pointing and blaming going on) as to who is responsible for the downing of this flight, but the most offbeat one has to be the suggestion that this was an assassination plot against Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

It seems that Putin flew over the same air space less than a hour before the Malaysia flight did - and the spec is that the Ukrainians wanted Putin out of the picture. Adding further oomph to the spec is that the Malaysian Airlines planes has a similar colour palette to the Aeroflot airline.

(never mind the fact that I don't see Putin ever wanting to risk his life on an Aeroflot... he'd use a private plane)

07-22-14, 06:50 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-14 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

The official conspiracy theory in Russia is that it was a flight loaded with corpses and sent on autopilot with bombs timed to explode it where it exploded so the West could use it to embarrass Darth Putin.

07-22-14, 09:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
There's the theory that the missile was meant for Putin, but the fact is that they already shot down several craft with aim toward Ukrainian troop transports.

But then Russia Today countered this theory with simple fact. "Whoops."

“At the same time,” the Russia Today report later corrected, “there have been reports contradicting Interfax’s report,” with sources telling other news outlets that Putin has not flown over the conflict-stricken country in some time.

Seriously.

07-23-14, 08:18 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
Some of the greatest storytellers in literature are Russian.

07-23-14, 03:29 PM (EST)
17. "In Today's News"
The Ukraine has reported that two of their fighter jets were shot down in the east. Russia has not yet commented but is expected to as soon as the Kremlin finishes manufacturing evidence that the fighters shot each other down on orders from the Joker.

07-25-14, 09:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Another Malaysia Airlines flight goes down"
Malaysians unite. (New Straits Times)

KUALA LUMPUR: More than 500 people of various races and religions gathered at the Malaysia Airlines Academy to offer special prayers in memory of the 298 passengers and crew on board flight MH17.

The multi-faith prayers, organised by MAS, was attended by families, relatives and friends of those who were aboard the ill-fated jetliner.

Representatives from Muslim associations and the Malaysian Consultative Council of Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism and Taoism conducted prayers to share the thoughts and grief of those affected and bring some closure to their loved ones.

Several non-governmental organisations including Mercy Malaysia, ‘Make A Wish' Malaysia and other international bodies also joined in the prayers.

MAS Director of Human Resources Zaharah Zaid said the airline would continue to help ease the pain and grief of those who lost their loved ones.

"We will continue to be there for those affected in this tragedy. Today, we unite in solidarity to pay respect to those who perished and their grieving families and friends," she said.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •