The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kindle/Android tablet owners: $12.00 free Amazon App dollars, limited time."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56657 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-14, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kindle/Android tablet owners: $12.00 free Amazon App dollars, limited time."
No kidding. This was such a bargain, I thought I'd bring it over from SlickDeals for the benefit of the group. The process is simple.

1. Log onto the Amazon App store.
2. Purchase Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This will cost you $6.99 plus your local sales tax, if your state charges for Internet sales.
3. Amazon will immediately award you 2,000 Amazon Coins. Each coin is equal to one cent and can be spent on any application available through Amazon: business, games, personal items, the works.

So depending on your local tax issues, you'll net at least twelve dollars profit. If you have objections (moral, gameplay, did it already) to the GTA series, you can delete it from your tablet and never think about it again. You'll still have the $12.00 profit.

I did it a little while ago. Easy, fun, and came out on the plus side. Anyone else want to try?

And not once did I mention PayPal. Until just now.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kindle/Android tablet owners: ... kingfish 05-19-14 1
   RE: Kindle/Android tablet owners: ... Estee 05-19-14 2
       RE: Kindle/Android tablet owners: ... kingfish 05-19-14 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17202 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-14, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kindle/Android tablet owners: $12.00 free Amazon App dollars, limited time."
I will. Appreciate the heads up, E.

A long time ago (in dog years) I played GTA. I liked it.

I have been using the Kindle to (among other uses) read books to me during long drives. I can plug it into a jack in my car radio system, and it comes out as Bose quality sound. Normally long solo drives are just long, long, (did I mention long) boring hours of lost life, but with this feature (I think it's Whispersync(?) or some Kindle/Amazon audio feature) I can start one and the miles just fly by. Even crappy airport thrillers are OK for this.

I used to buy books on DVD, but this is a lot cheaper and you don't have to eject discs and reload at 80MPH. And what do you do with the DVD set when you're done? They just collect dust, usually.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 56657 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-14, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kindle/Android tablet owners: $12.00 free Amazon App dollars, limited time."
If I don't want to keep a DVD/Blu-Ray set for future watching, I trade it in for Amazon credit or sell it outright. Which is actually one of my big problems with digital content: you can't pass it on. It's a single-purchase license: no resale value. It is truly yours for the current effective lifespan unless you sell the device which contains it. I like commentary tracks and lose those with digital: same for most special features, and if a release is loaded with them, I'll get the physical. But not being able to resell... gah.

I admit to enjoying most of the audio productions, although I'm not sure how much of an Audible subscription I really need. My only problem there is a single word: unabridged. If I can't get that, I don't want anything else.

kingfish 17202 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-14, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kindle/Android tablet owners: $12.00 free Amazon App dollars, limited time."
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-14 AT 12:29 PM (EST)

I just thought of what to send my next Secret Santa giftee...

OK, I didn't think of returning the DVD/BRs to Amazon. I suspect I'm not going to be happy with how much I get for them, but it would be a way to dispose of them. Good thought.

Correcting myself: I had been getting Audio CDs for the road trips, not DVD's.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •