The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PsychoKitty 719 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-14, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-14 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

Hi!

Is anyone else watching the new Fargo series on FX? It is SO hilarious!!! A friend told me I'm strange to think so, but I am LMAO! Last night's show was hysterical, what with the "coming of the locusts" (grasshoppers), Glenn Howerton's Minnesota accent (right on!), and ending with Adam Goldberg's huge menacing smile in the jail cell with the unlucky Lester. Perfection!!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... kingfish 05-07-14 1
 RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... PepeLePew13 05-07-14 2
   RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... kingfish 05-07-14 3
       RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... PepeLePew13 05-12-14 7
           RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... PsychoKitty 05-12-14 8
 RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... kidflash212 05-08-14 4
   RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... suzzee 05-09-14 5
 RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... Dakota 05-12-14 6
   RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... kingfish 05-13-14 10
 RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... Bebo 05-12-14 9
   RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... kingfish 05-13-14 11
 RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scre... PsychoKitty 05-20-14 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-14, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-14 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

I like it. Another serial killer show but this time set in wintery Minnesota, and in Minnesota accents.

And the deputy sheriff could have been Marge Gunderson's little sister.

This show does evoke a lot of what was so good about Fargo.

Some of the photography was very funny, such as the almost black and white long shot of Mr Wrench walking out onto the frozen lake with an ice auger, followed by Mr Numbers dragging Lester by his collar along the ice. Their plan (established previously when they disposed of another victim) was to drop poor Lester (alive) thru an augered hole in the ice. With the light background music, that scene could have been from a French movie, or maybe a Roberto Benigni movie.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 25232 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-14, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
A friend of mine is on the production team for this show, and there's a Deaf character (Russell Harvard as Mr. Wrench who is in tandem with Adam Goldberg's character on the show) on there as well. Glad to see this show is getting some well-deserved attention! It's filmed in Calgary as well, so there's some familiar scenic backgrounds for me.

05-07-14, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
I'm assuming the signing was accurate?

PepeLePew13 25232 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-14, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-14 AT 03:47 PM (EST)

The signing from Russell Harvard's Mr. Wrench character is completely authentic with minor exaggerations for visual effect to the dialogue, while Adam Goldberg's Mr. Numbers is a new signer so he's rather choppy - my friend mentioned that he was only in his second week of learning ASL when the below scene was filmed.

It seems very Coen-esque to have the dialogue take place without any subtitles provided, but it would seem pretty easy to tell that not everything is being translated to what is actually being said out loud. It's actually a pretty funny interaction and adds to the mystery for the general audience to be out of the loop.

Here's a rough transcript of the first scene between them in Episode 2 where the two goons meet up with Mr. Gold:

Scene this dialogue is from

Mr. Wrench - the deaf goon
Mr. Numbers - the other goon who is also the "interpreter"
Mr. Gold - worked for Hess

Mr. Wrench: Ask him about the library.

Mr. Numbers (voice): There's no library in this town ... Why is there no library in this town?

Mr. Gold: Umm ... cutbacks?

Mr. Numbers (signing): He doesn't know.

Mr. Wrench: Tell him that his tie is absolutely hideous.

Mr. Numbers (voice): (nervous laugh) He thinks every town should have a library.

Mr. Gold: I agree ... Tell him I agree.

Mr. Numbers (signing): His mother bought it for him.

Mr. Numbers (voice): Fargo sent us to find out what happened to Hess.

Mr. Gold: He got stabbed in the back of the head at a strip club is what happened to him.

Mr. Numbers (signing): He was killed while with a prostitute.

Mr. Wrench: Was he standing up at the time with the girl, or was the girl screwing him while on top?

Mr. Numbers (signing): What? You want to ask him specifically what position he was in with this girl?

Mr. Wrench: Yeah! It could be important information. For all we know he could have been screwing ho's on a boat when all of a sudden a swordfish jumped out of the water and landed on the back of his head stabbing him.

Mr. Numbers (voice): You believe this was connected to the business?

Mr. Gold: I ... Things have been quiet. No labor BS ... No skirmishes with other trucking concerns.

Mr. Numbers (voice): So...?

Mr. Gold: There was a guy, I told this to Fargo, he came by the garage the day it happened. Brown hair, just under six feet, not young, not old, had a cut on his forehead. Said he just wanted to take a look at Sam, which he did, then he left.

Mr. Numbers (signing): The other day the man came by...

Mr. Gold: Look...

Mr. Numbers (voice): Hold on a second!

Mr. Numbers (signing): He came by the other day and was taking a look at the body.

Mr. Gold: Look ... He was my friend, ok? Sam, sure he was a jerk, but deep down ... All I'm saying is you're gonna find him right? The guy who did it.

Mr. Numbers (signing): He wants to know what we are going to do with the man.

Mr. Wrench: (slowly) Slit his throat.

Mr. Numbers (voice): (nicely) We'll find him.

05-12-14, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
That's fantastic Pepe! Thank you for that!!! : )

Signature by tribephyl

kidflash212 4133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-08-14, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
I hated the movie so I have avoided the TV series. Still do not understand the hype even all these years later. Seems like a movie made on the cheap, with a poorly written script and disjointed scenes which didn't fit.

I've always suspected Siskel & Ebert were playing a big joke on the public by hyping a crap movie as brilliant just to see how many people would just follow them. Sort of a movie critic's Emperors New Clothes.

suzzee 5414 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-14, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
Maybe it's because I have relatives in Minnesota but this is spot on for citizenry in that neck of the woods. It's just so bizzaro. Yes I watch, I liked Fargo so bring on the action.

I should be watched....closely.

Dakota 5717 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-14, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
If I had known, I would have watched. I'll check my local listings.

Agman's Spring Fling '12.2

05-13-14, 09:01 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
I'm so disappointed in you, DAKOTA.

Bebo 20889 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-14, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
Love the show. Billy Bob Thornton gets some of the best lines. It was hilarious when he was buying ADHD drugs out of a guy's trunk so that he could spike someone's drink. When the dealer asked him how much he wanted, Thornton's character replied, "Think of me as a 300 pound 9 year old who can't finish a sentence."

He delivers wacky lines in such a deadpan voice.

05-13-14, 09:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
He was excellent casting. He can deliver those very intimidating yet comedic lines with just the right touch.

05-20-14, 04:14 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Fargo - the series - is a Scream!"
There are some cool shorts and interviews with the cast and director on Fargo's public Facebook page if you want to check it out ; )

https://www.facebook.com/FargoFX

Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •