The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-12, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
As of March 2013, any sugar-containing drink sold outside a supermarket in New York City may contain no more than sixteen ounces of fluid. This includes all restaurants, dance and music clubs, street carts, food trucks, sporting facilities, cafeterias, entertainment venues, strip clubs, movie theaters, street fairs, vending machines, and may stretch to include convenience stores. Frankly, I'm not sure the supermarkets are off the hook.

Can we get rid of this ass now?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... PepeLePew13 09-13-12 1
   RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... Estee 09-13-12 2
 RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... byoffer 09-13-12 3
   RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... Estee 09-13-12 4
 What is that I smell? HobbsofMI 09-13-12 5
 RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... rasslinmomma 09-13-12 6
   RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... Estee 09-13-12 7
 RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... kidflash212 09-13-12 8
 RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... cahaya 09-13-12 9
   RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... Estee 09-13-12 10
   RE: The Nanny City legislates your ... byoffer 09-13-12 11
 Next Up dabo 09-13-12 12
 Prediction moonbaby 09-13-12 13
   RE: Prediction Estee 09-13-12 14
 any time now Molaholic 09-19-12 15
 Next target: hospital vending mach... Estee 09-24-12 16
 Enaction bump. Estee 02-24-13 17
   RE: Enaction bump. kingfish 02-24-13 18
 The fine. Estee 02-24-13 19
 Methinks dabo 02-24-13 20
 Temporarily overturned. Estee 03-12-13 21
   RE: Temporarily overturned. kingfish 03-12-13 22
       RE: Temporarily overturned. Estee 03-12-13 23
   Heard the press conference moonbaby 03-12-13 24
       RE: Heard the press conference Brownroach 03-13-13 26
   While in Mississippi Snidget 03-12-13 25
       RE: While in Mississippi kingfish 03-13-13 27
 Officially dead. Estee 06-27-14 28
   RE: Officially dead. kingfish 06-27-14 29
       RE: Officially dead. starshine 06-28-14 30
           RE: Officially dead. kingfish 06-30-14 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 25283 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
Question. I regularly drink Bolthouse Farms' smoothie drinks (and yes, they can be bought outside of a supermarket. The large ones are 32 ounces. It's got 100% natural flavours, but fruit have natural sugars in them (28g worth) ... so will I be arrested for having these things when I visit NYC next year?

Bloomberg will have to pry these things out of my cold, dead hands.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-13-12, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
Details are still coming across, but this sounds like anything with sugar is on the list -- which means smoothies and fruit juices get it too.

The mayor will be more than happy to have you shot down in the street as an example to others and thanks you for your having volunteered. Can you make an appointment for your death? He wants to have the press on standby.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
Can we get rid of this ass now?

Isn't that the point of reducing all the sugar intake?

09-13-12, 02:07 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
...yeah, kind of knew that was coming when I wrote the post and went with it anyway...

Y'know what I'm waiting for? Fine numbers. The amount which the police will charge anyone they find drinking from a larger bottle outside their home. With Bloomberg, this is ultimately about one thing: how much extra money the city can extort from residents and visitors. He cares about your health only so long as you pay him to have it.

*checks* Goodbye, slushies. I'm pretty sure this just legislated ice cream sodas out of existence too. That's right: Bloomberg just banned the egg cream. Well, there goes the Brooklyn vote. All of it.

HobbsofMI 16026 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "What is that I smell?"
Lawsuit!

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-13-12, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
No more giant daiquiris or margaritas? How will the co-eds manage?

Courtesy of the very talented ARnutz

09-13-12, 03:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
I can't decide if this requires the same number of people buying three times the drinks or three times the people buying the same amount of drink.

Either way, sunrise is gonna svck.

kidflash212 4156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-13-12, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
7-11 without Big Gulps? It's un-American!

Supersizing your meal now has an added element of danger.

cahaya 19168 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
What's next? No more than a quarter pound of beef in a burger or sub? No super-sized fries to go with it? No more than half a pound of steak at a steak house?

09-13-12, 04:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
Yes, yes, and yes if you make less than $500,000 a year.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Nanny City legislates your bladder."
I guess they will have to re-write this scene from The Great Outdoors.

dabo 26360 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Next Up"

And all the theaters will go out of business.

Wonder what he'd do about Alice's Big Units.

http://twistedtravelogue.com/tag/man-vs-food/

moonbaby 17092 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-12, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Prediction"
Supermarket sales of cold sugary drinks go waaaaaay up.

09-13-12, 08:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Prediction"
Kind of wondering where Wegman's and the other supermarkets with built-in eateries fall into this. In Wegman's case, some of the serving stations have fountain sodas -- but there's also a big chilled drink section off to one side where you can pick your own bottle. Legal or not?

...oh, like it matters as long as the city gets to collect the fines...

Molaholic 8807 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-12, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "any time now"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-12 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

we'll have this scene:

Knock on the door, little panel opens up
Guy on the outside says "Louie sent me"
Guy on the inside says "You got the cash?"
"Yep"
Door opens, outside guy slinks in
On the inside, a fat envelope changes hands, quickly vanishing into an overcoat pocket
Inside guy hands over a large bottle with brown liquid on the inside. The gentle clink of ice is heard.
Outside guy says "You sure this is the real stuff?", then takes a quick sip.
Inside guy says "Of course, it came in from Jersey this morning. Fresh off the boat. Genuine Doc P"
Outside guy says "When are you getting some C. I really need some C"
Inside guy says "Soon, but the Man is getting tough on my supplier. The price is going up. 15 a liter."
"Whatever it takes -- I really need that C"
Door opens and outside guy disappears into the night...

09-24-12, 07:58 AM (EST)
16. "Next target: hospital vending machines."
He intends to legislate all candy-bearing ones (and possibly soda) out of existence for being unhealthy. A couple of facilities have already fearfully moved into pre-compliance. Because, you know, when you're an intern working a forty-hour shift, there's no way you'll ever need a sugar boost. Plus all those diabetics in desperate need of the stuff? Can just die. Because he's Mayor Michael "I Can Afford More Lawyers Than You" Bloomberg and dead people don't matter, as long as the city seizes their assets.

I would not be surprised by an attempt to ban Halloween.

02-24-13, 10:13 AM (EST)
17. "Enaction bump."
This kicks in a few days from now, and the Post ran a long article detailing some of the rules sent out to all the parties who will now Comply Or Else. Three which stood out:

A. This does in fact cover mixed drinks. So pitchers and carafes of cocktails which would have soda as an essential ingredient are banned.

B. Similarly, you can't sell a pitcher of soda, period. No splitting up contents among ten people at a table -- everyone must have, order, and pay for a separate glass of sixteen ounces of less.

C. The delivery places are going to bleed. Let's say you have a few friends over and you decide to order a pizza and get a two-liter bottle of Coke to go with it. You can't. It's now illegal. If you want that amount of soda, you are now ordering a pizza and six cans. Typically, this will be at least $1.50 more, and more frequently $2.50 on up. Are you going to spend that much extra? And I'm talking about one pizza with now-banned bottle. Guess what this does to your average full-scale pizza party.

Sentients and gentlebeings, the next candidate for President of the United States.

kingfish 17342 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-13, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Enaction bump."
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-13 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

Gulp!!

No officer, I swear, it wasn't a Big Gulp!

02-24-13, 05:01 PM (EST)
19. "The fine."
Two hundred dollars per violation. Plus deposit. (Yes, this is going to increase the amount of plastic which has to be recycled.) Oddly, the ban doesn't apply to diet sodas. Cane sugar and corn syrup editions are both in trouble. No word on sports drinks, but virtually all of them have some sugar and are large bottles, so dehydrate away, marathoners: the city will bill your families for the tow-away costs on your corpse.

Gawds, I hate this man.

dabo 26360 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-13, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Methinks"
there be a renaissance fair loophole

03-12-13, 10:04 AM (EST)
21. "Temporarily overturned."
The judge ruled it as "arbitrary and capricious", noting that the law doesn't set universal limits and is in fact an attempt to restrict a perfectly legal substance. So naturally, Mayor Michael "I will never listen to anyone who has less money than me!" Bloomberg has sworn to fight this through the last appeal court because, in his words, people are dying every day. That's right: they're dying because they got too much of a freely-available uncontrolled substance which is known to be hazardous in large quantities and as soon as he gets the paperwork filled out, that oxygen is going to be banned.

Just wait until he gets to lard-filled fats -- oh, wait: he already did...

Meanwhile, money has already been lost. All those large bottles thrown out? Gone. Big containers disposed of? No refunds. 16oz glasses purchased in bulk? Really no refunds. And cares not the jerk in charge, for he got the sales tax out of it and any money you still have will eventually belong to him anyway.

For my part, I'm waiting for King Oblivious to figure out that he can dump the 'arbitrary' tag by extending the ban to supermarkets and home brewing.

03-12-13, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Temporarily overturned."
In spite of his quixotic (in the sense of being a 'dam silly' idea) determination to fight the ban, it's really hard to see that he has any chance of prevailing. Are there enough state judges in his pocket to rule in his favor? Even if so, there would be majority against him (maybe he'd get Ginsberg's vote in the SCOTUS.

Hopefully Bloomberg is term limited.

03-12-13, 10:54 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Temporarily overturned."
He was. Then he passed a law that allowed him to ignore the limit, which gave him the term he's currently on.

I'm not joking.

He promised this term would be the last.

I haven't met many people who believe him.

moonbaby 17092 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-13, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Heard the press conference"
and my first thought? http://www.sadtrombone.com/classic

Brownroach 14711 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-13, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Heard the press conference"
LOL. That's perfect.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-13, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "While in Mississippi"
They are in the process of passing the anti-Bloomberg bill.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/03/12/174048623/mississippi-passes-anti-bloomberg-bill

No one shall keep them from their high calorie treats, or toy surprises there. No sirree bob!

03-13-13, 09:42 AM (EST)
27. "RE: While in Mississippi"
Say what you will about Mississippi, but every once in a while they get it right.

06-27-14, 12:37 PM (EST)
28. "Officially dead."
Overturn maintained on appeal.

Raise a 20oz, then throw the contents in Bloomberg's face.

06-27-14, 01:05 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Officially dead."
Freeze it solid first.

starshine 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-28-14, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Officially dead."
If you freeze it then it is now a solid rather than a fluid and presumably would have avoided the ban.

Who needs more than a pint and an half of fizzy pop in one go anyway?

06-30-14, 08:46 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Officially dead."
Form one ban to another. It's probably illegal to throw a 16oz rock at someone else too, although I would argue that with Bloomberg, maybe no one would bother to persecute.

Fizzy pop? Does beer qualify? If so, there are some who would object, Germans esp. Those liter steins hold 33 fl.oz.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •