The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
Ok, I never liked the fact that they always put these HUNKS on the Average Joe shows and made the average joes do stuff that the HUNKS could do in their sleep. Not only that, but I don't think I could take another show where the person actually picks a hunk again... UGH!

When Adam came back his friends tried to get a bunch of bikini clad gorgeous women to be on the show and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Anyone else think the producers shouldn't put hunks/babes in the show or am I alone in my thinking???

--Donna :~)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... cambo 05-13-05 1
   RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... ladro 05-13-05 2
       RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Nathan Griffin 05-25-05 5
   RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Nathan Griffin 05-25-05 4
       RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... ladro 05-25-05 7
           RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Nathan Griffin 05-26-05 8
   RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... AnnetteL 06-25-05 9
 RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Arthur 05-14-05 3
   RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Nathan Griffin 05-25-05 6
 RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... BlueLies 06-25-05 10
   RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Wacko Jacko 06-29-05 11
       RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... Estee 06-29-05 12
       RE: No hunks on the new show... Wh... BlueLies 06-29-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-05, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
In a twisted kinda way, I like when they bring in the hunks b/c it just shows you how hypocritical the person is. They sit in front of the camera and say how it's what inside that counts and how they've learned so much from the experience, but at the end of the day, it's hunk they end up choosing.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
I agree. The not so hidden agenda of the show is set up the hot chick to expose how hypocritical she is. In the beginning there are quotes from her about how what is inside really matters, looks are not important to me, blah, blah, blah. Then in the end she makes her decision primarily on looks.

Nathan Griffin 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nathan%20Griffin Click to send private message to Nathan%20Griffin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
read my other response.

05-25-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nathan%20Griffin Click to send private message to Nathan%20Griffin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
it is my belief that people should not be faulted for being human. it is true that this show has definitely shown a side of the world that we all see on a regular basis and yet are not necessarily confronted with in such a seductive manner once a week for six weeks.

i don't believe it's hypocritical of someone to say that it's "what is on the inside that counts" and six weeks later choose the 'hunky' guy over the 'average' guy... you may at first think i'm insane being that i'm one of the 'average' guys that you will see on the upcoming season but i have support for my ridiculous claim.

you have to consider the individual. there are people who truly do believe that it's what is on the inside that counts but even then, we are human. we have differing tastes. we have different goals. we appreciate different things (visually). the human body is like a work of art. some of us are more abstract and a select few lucky ones are comparable to Greek or Roman sculpture. the point is. there may exist someone who is wonderful in every aspect... and yet, if there no physical attraction, regardless of how much you don't want to believe it, i think a person would tend to 'keep looking.' this is not to say that the world is a horrible place. i have seen my fair share of gorgeous women with 'average guys.' obviously my first thought was "he must have money" but the reality is... they probably find each other attractive.

so let these women decide what they will. if they are happy... let them be. if they are miserable, maybe we should suggest a small 're-evaluation' ;)

i'm pretty sure there is someone for everyone out there. and i think (hope) we all end up with someone that we are attracted to both physically and otherwise.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-25-05, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
""I don't believe it's hypocritical of someone to say that it's "what is on the inside that counts" and six weeks later choose the 'hunky' guy over the 'average' guy...""

You may not think that is being hypocritical, but that is pretty close to the definition of hypocritical.

Just to be clear, neither I nor most people on this board fault the hot chick for picking the hot guy, there's nothing wrong with a woman selecting a man based upon looks. But, the show would be boring if the women were honest from the start about looks being important to them. Hence, the producers intentionally select woman that claim that 'looks are not important to me' etc... This is more than just a theroy of mine, the producers were interviewed after AJ1, and they admitted that the agenda of the show was to expose the hypocracy of the typical beauty queen.

05-26-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
don't get me wrong, i too believe that the show wouldn't exist were it not for these very issues.

AnnetteL 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-25-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnnetteL Click to send private message to AnnetteL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
The 'pretty boys' are a dime a dozen, other reality shows are crock full of them. I like the regular guys because those are the guys I know and love. I met and married an 'average Joe' - 6.5 years and 1 child later, we're still going strong. ^^ I hope this is the season where the regular guy finishes first, not last.

-----
"On a scale of 1 to 10, it's... not good."
-Owl-

Arthur 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Arthur Click to send private message to Arthur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
Donna, you are not alone in your thinking. I think hunks she be banned, permanently, from all television programming.

Arthur

05-25-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
"I think hunks she be banned"

i realize that Star Wars Episode III just came out in theaters but um... the Yoda thing... it's not cute anymore.

and p.s. who is 'hunks'... because really... she should think about changing her name.

*wink*

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-25-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-05 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

They should choose guys that could relate well to the 'lady' on the chopping block regardless of what their status is. Truth is, they only cast with regard to entertainment value.

It may not necessarily be that the pretty people are hipocritical, perhaps they just don't know any better and are just curious. In the end, I think it just doesn't work out because they have nothing in common and nothing to talk about ~ not to mention they probably couldn't overcome the social stigma of "what is SHE doing with HIM" or "what is HE doing with HER".

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-29-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
Did you watch the show last night? The previews showed hunks and they seemed even more obnoxious then the past hunks.

As for the girl choosing the hunks, the girl if you think about it is a female version of the hunks. It is natural that a female 'hunk' chose a male hunk. That is generally how people chose mates in the real world....hunks will be with 'hunks' and nerds will be with 'nerds'. The nerds are being just as hypocrital because they are nerds and they don't want nerds.

That is the way it is. The show premise is flawed but it is still entertaining.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-29-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
The previews showed hunks and they seemed even more obnoxious then the past hunks.

(sigh) And it looks like they're coming in even earlier than usual, so I'm going to be the one to introduce their necrosis-crammed skulls. Whee. Y'know, conventionally attractive men with considerable muscle development, good personalities, strong empathy, decent intelligence, and a sense of humor do exist. Of course, they're all taken, so the leftovers got cast on this show.

Maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll spend enough time boasting to use up all the oxygen in the confessional room and die.

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-29-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No hunks on the new show... What do ya think?"
"Did you watch the show last night? The previews showed hunks and they seemed even more obnoxious then the past hunks."

Yes, I watched. I don't know why the so-called hunks have to behave that way. They should be able to handle themselves with a lot more class.

"As for the girl choosing the hunks, the girl if you think about it is a female version of the hunks. It is natural that
a female 'hunk' chose a male hunk. That is generally how people chose mates in the real world....hunks will be with 'hunks' and nerds will be with 'nerds'. The nerds are being just as hypocrital because they are nerds and they don't want nerds. That is the way it is. The show premise is flawed but it is still entertaining. "

That would seem the natural order of things in most cases these days. They say you are initially attracted to your equal either physically or intellectually, and then you see how things go from there. Honestly, who wants a hunk that has nothing intelligent to say, and who wants a "Joe" that continually needs an ego boost/life coach instead of a girlfriend?

If the "Joes" could find a lot more confidence and self-esteem, and the "Hunks" could find some self-restraint and dignity, then we might actually have a show with a lot more substance.

The girl seems almost too conveniently 'unaware' if you ask me.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •