The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-04, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 02:13 AM (EST)

Brian is a true friend, with lots of friends of his own in Boston. He was as true to Larissa as any guy could be. He loved her, and would probably even have taken her back.

Larissa comes out of this as even more shallow than Malena. It looked like she had a few brain cells working, but in the end, she choose a shallow guy who wouldn't even open up to her, instead of a guy who loved her very much.

And Gill ... Gill comes out of this as the ultimate southern hick, with an archaic self-righteousness about who "his woman" should have dated in the past.

I hope Brian ends up with all of the happiness in the world. He deserves it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... shakes the clown 03-02-04 1
   RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Howard Dean 03-02-04 3
   RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... RollDdice 03-02-04 14
       RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Howard Dean 03-02-04 15
           RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... RollDdice 03-02-04 16
               RE: various ways of quoting message... Howard Dean 03-02-04 17
                   RE: various ways of quoting message... Bebo 03-02-04 18
                       RE: various ways of quoting message... RollDdice 03-02-04 19
                       RE: various ways of quoting message... Howard Dean 03-02-04 20
                           RE: various ways of quoting message... Bebo 03-02-04 21
                               RE: various ways of quoting message... Howard Dean 03-02-04 22
 RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... ladro 03-02-04 2
   RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... karenajane 03-02-04 5
   RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Howard Dean 03-02-04 6
       RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... karenajane 03-02-04 8
           RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Howard Dean 03-02-04 11
   But ... but ... but ......... ToadMagnet 03-02-04 10
       RE: But ... but ... but ......... Howard Dean 03-02-04 12
 RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... johnwww 03-02-04 4
   RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Howard Dean 03-02-04 7
       RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Leadoff 03-02-04 9
           RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Sme... Howard Dean 03-02-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
...wow, you sure do like starting redundant threads. Such as this one which covers the same subject matter as roughly 7 other threads on the first page.

Let me guess, you have a Fabio related thread coming next.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-02-04, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

This particular thread is about Brian. The others -- which I did not start -- are about Fabio, etc.

If you're really against duplicate threads, why don't you post your message below on the 7 or so threads about Fabio?

>...wow, you sure do like starting
>redundant threads. Such as
>this one which covers the
>same subject matter as roughly
>7 other threads on the
>first page.
>
>Let me guess, you have a
>Fabio related thread coming next.

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-04, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
>...wow, you sure do like starting redundant threads.

gee shakes, I thought you'd been banned.

I agree on the redundant threads, but you didn't mention quoting the entire message when replying. That's my favorite and we get to enjoy it in posts 3,6,7,11,12 and 13.

You've got to admire HD's Passion!

03-02-04, 03:22 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"

Thank goodness they allow it here, even if certain people like you apparently don't like it. lol

>but you didn't mention quoting
>the entire message when replying.
>That's my favorite and we
>get to enjoy it in
>posts 3,6,7,11,12 and 13.

03-02-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

>Thank goodness they allow it here, even if certain people like
>you apparently don't like it. lol

It just screams "newbie" to force someone to read a repeat of an entire post they just read in order to see a "me too" at the bottom. Or to split the post up and repond to each sentence.
(The detailed and thoughtful Mel Gibson's "Passion" thresd excluded.)

If someone is moved enough to post a reply, they should be able to pull out the key thought and respond. Doesn't that make sense?

*Not that I haven't done (much) more than my fair share on nonsensical rambling.*

ETA: ROFL, ROFLMAO, LOL & BMYAW

But I agree on one thing. Thank goodness it's allowed.

03-02-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: various ways of quoting messages"
Speaking for myself, I usually reply at the top, saving people from having to read through the whole area guoted.

I leave the quote in because sometimes in these threads the replies don't end up immediately below the message that is being replied to.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: various ways of quoting messages"
I leave the quote in because sometimes in these threads the replies don't end up immediately below the message that is being replied to.

Basic message board etiquette: Keep in the quote that is relevant to the comment but remove the rest to help those posters with slower connections to be able to read the threads more easily.

From a clarity standpoint, it also makes the posts more readable. People are less likely to gloss over a post - if it's mostly repetition, they will.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

03-02-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
19. "RE: various ways of quoting messages"
Thank you Bebo. You rock!

03-02-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
20. "RE: various ways of quoting messages"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

I see your point. But sometimes the whole message is relevant, as in this very case right here, with your message.

In those cases, I just put my response at the top.

Also, this is an example of where the reply did *NOT* end up directly underneath the post being quoted.

>Basic message board etiquette: Keep in
>the quote that is relevant
>to the comment but remove
>the rest to help those
>posters with slower connections to
>be able to read the
>threads more easily.
>
>From a clarity standpoint, it also
>makes the posts more readable.
> People are less likely
>to gloss over a post
>- if it's mostly repetition,
>they will.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: various ways of quoting messages"
sometimes the whole message is relevant

There's always a way to pull out just the salient points.

Look, if you don't want people to read your posts, that's your issue. I'll be perfectly honest - most of the times I skip your posts because most of the message is filled up with a quote.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

03-02-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: various ways of quoting messages"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

As you wish. Many people read my posts, and respond to them. Others do not. That is their choice, and yours.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-04, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
While I agree that Brian will get a lot of favorable response from women viewers. I personally think he must be a little off to open up so much on reality tv show. The Himbo actions seemed to be more realistic under the circumstances. It's just a TV show!!!.

karenajane 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail karenajane Click to send private message to karenajane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
THANK you! Someone else who thought he was a bit off too! lol!

03-02-04, 02:26 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"

Yeah, except just look at The Bachelorette, and how much the guys open up on there. I think Brian was right on.

>While I agree that Brian will
>get a lot of favorable
>response from women viewers. I
>personally think he must be
>a little off to open
>up so much on reality
>tv show. The Himbo actions
>seemed to be more realistic
>under the circumstances. It's just
>a TV show!!!.

karenajane 11 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail karenajane Click to send private message to karenajane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
I didn't take exception to his opening up -- but rather his complete 180. He is a self-admitted lone wolf...a man with no chains on his heart -- no torches to carry -- a man who, until now, has never been in love. It sounded like a lot of tough talk from a guy who probably hasn't spent enough time in the ring. It's hard to fall in love when you aren't getting a lot of practice. I really doubt that the "box around his heart" ever existed. Like I said in another thread, people with boxes around their hearts don't advertise it. And if they *do* lower their guard, they sure as hell aren't going to advertise THAT. They're going to be as cautious and guarded as ever, but take the blind leap anyway.

Still, the look in his eyes when she said goodbye was pretty tough to swallow. She was right -- he *does* deserve better...but he might have to hang around a few more average janes to find true love. Interesting to note that as much as the average joe's despise being judged on appearances, none of them seemed to notice that Larissa was no prize herself -- except in the looks department.

03-02-04, 02:52 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"

I think that love *does* change people. In fact, love is the most powerful force out there that can turn people around.

>I didn't take exception to his
>opening up -- but rather
>his complete 180.

I don't see it as tough talk at all, but clearly he needs to "spend more time in the ring," as you put it.

It is hard to love until you have been loved. Now that Brian has experienced love -- even if imperfect and only for a short period of time -- he can learn to love again.

> It
>sounded like a lot of
>tough talk from a guy
>who probably hasn't spent enough
>time in the ring.
>It's hard to fall in
>love when you aren't getting
>a lot of practice.

I don't think he was advertising it, merely opening up about it to the first person he had loved.

>I really doubt that the
>"box around his heart" ever
>existed. Like I said
>in another thread, people with
>boxes around their hearts don't
>advertise it. And if
>they *do* lower their guard,
>they sure as hell aren't
>going to advertise THAT.

But Brian clearly did lower his guard, even while he took that blind leap with Larissa.

>They're going to be as
>cautious and guarded as ever,
>but take the blind leap
>anyway.

Yeah, it sure was.

>Still, the look in his eyes
>when she said goodbye was
>pretty tough to swallow.

No doubt he will. He's not going to find it from a Larissa.

>She was right -- he
>*does* deserve better...but he might
>have to hang around a
>few more average janes to
>find true love.

Larissa is a conflicted person. She wants to do right, but always seems to succumb to shallow relationships, like with Gil, Jim and Fabio. Maybe someday she will learn.

>Interesting
>to note that as much
>as the average joe's despise
>being judged on appearances, none
>of them seemed to notice
>that Larissa was no prize
>herself -- except in the
>looks department.

ToadMagnet 22 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ToadMagnet Click to send private message to ToadMagnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "But ... but ... but ........."
If this was really a reality show, and Brian was expressing his true feelings - at great expense, I may add, for a guy who couldn't even say "I love you" in private prior to this - why SHOULDN'T he open up???

And if you don't like that argument, how 'bout one in which the Himbos are there for a fight (and assume it will be a physical one), so the AJs need to "fight" emotionally?

And what about the possibility that this guy actually fell for this girl and decided to admit it despite the cameras?

I don't think it means he's off, I just think it means he's too honest and true to his own feelings to act for a television camera.

03-02-04, 02:57 AM (EST)
12. "RE: But ... but ... but ........."

All I can say is that I'm glad he shared his true feelings with all of us.

In this day and age when everyone is trying to be hip and cool, it's nice to see someone who's honest for a change.

>If this was really a reality
>show, and Brian was expressing
>his true feelings - at
>great expense, I may add,
>for a guy who couldn't
>even say "I love you"
>in private prior to this
>- why SHOULDN'T he open
>up???
>
>And if you don't like that
>argument, how 'bout one in
>which the Himbos are there
>for a fight (and assume
>it will be a physical
>one), so the AJs need
>to "fight" emotionally?
>
>And what about the possibility that
>this guy actually fell for
>this girl and decided to
>admit it despite the cameras?
>
>
>I don't think it means he's
>off, I just think it
>means he's too honest and
>true to his own feelings
>to act for a television
>camera.
>
>

johnwww 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnwww Click to send private message to johnwww Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
On the money HD-
Brian is going to be more popular than Babe Ruth, and will have no trouble getting a date or a seat at Fenway. It's the happy ending we wanted to see, but must wait for. Can you imagine what life is going to be like for this sincere loyal Bostonian?! Everything he did on the show was perfect and he is a Cinderella story.
We should be so lucky : )

03-02-04, 02:31 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"

Right on John W! It was great to see a happy ending -- even if we didn't see one. Brian reminds us that there are still good people out there. He deserves to win, and someday soon I'm sure he will

>On the money HD-
>Brian is going to be more
>popular than Babe Ruth, and
>will have no trouble getting
>a date or a seat
>at Fenway. It's the happy
>ending we wanted to see,
>but must wait for. Can
>you imagine what life is
>going to be like for
>this sincere loyal Bostonian?! Everything
>he did on the show
>was perfect and he is
>a Cinderella story.
>We should be so lucky :
>)

Leadoff 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Leadoff Click to send private message to Leadoff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"
I knew that Brian would come in second. Being a Red Sox fan, it is his eternal fate. Too bad the guy he lost to wasn't from New York City, although Ft. Lauderdale is pretty close. It would have been great if, for the final twist, Gil was replaced by Alex Rodriguez and Larissa chose A-Rod!

I was waiting for Brian to lose it at Fenway and start strangling Tim Wakefield, yelling "Why did you give up that homah to Eeeren Boone?!"

03-02-04, 03:02 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Brian Comes Out Of All This Smelling Like A Rose!"

ROFL!!!! Hilarious!

I was so happy to see the Yankees lose last year. Good guys do win sometimes. Just sad it couldn't be Boston or Chicago to win. But both teams have improved themselves this year, so we'll see.

HD -- A baseball fan, this week at spring training in Arizona.

>I knew that Brian would come
>in second. Being a Red
>Sox fan, it is his
>eternal fate. Too bad the
>guy he lost to wasn't
>from New York City, although
>Ft. Lauderdale is pretty close.
>It would have been great
>if, for the final twist,
>Gil was replaced by Alex
>Rodriguez and Larissa chose A-Rod!
>
>
>I was waiting for Brian to
>lose it at Fenway and
>start strangling Tim Wakefield, yelling
>"Why did you give up
>that homah to Eeeren Boone?!"
>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •