The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"larissa is no "prize""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

darien 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darien Click to send private message to darien Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"larissa is no "prize""
I think the most discouraging thing about this show was that all the Average Joes were on the show to prove that "the average guy can get the girl." Of course, this statement assumes that the girl is worth getting, which in this case, she is clearly not.

The message that "average" guys will take away from this show is that they can never "win" the girl. But they CAN win the girl -- just not a shallow girl. And who wants to win a shallow girl anyway? (And if only attractive ex-Miss-USA-contestants are worth "winning", then aren't the Average Joes just as shallow as Larissa herself?)

Although I'm sure he didn't feel this way at the time, Brian is the obvious "winner" of the show. The other two just ended up looking ridiculous. I know that thousands of girls out there are probably dying to get in touch with Brian right now. (Does anyone know how?)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: larissa is no "prize" Howard Dean 03-02-04 1
   RE: larissa is no "prize" hunterjax 03-02-04 8
 RE: larissa is no "prize" mmm_link 03-02-04 2
 RE: larissa is no "prize" Loree 03-02-04 3
   RE: larissa is no "prize" libgirl2 03-02-04 5
 RE: larissa is no "prize" wildchickenhunter 03-02-04 4
 RE: larissa is no "prize" lyrker 03-02-04 6
 RE: larissa is no "prize" mmm_link 03-02-04 7
 RE: larissa is no "prize" Reeflex7 03-02-04 9
   RE: larissa is no "prize"??? CarlosCruz 03-02-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-04, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
Try boston.com
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
Is there an article about Brian in the Boston Globe? Can you give us the specific link? Please. I didn't see a link on boston.com to any AJ related article.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-04, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
Shallow, attractive, and probably available. Anyone know how I can get into contact with Larissa?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
I think Fredo was the winner. He left on his own.

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
>I think Fredo was the winner.
> He left on his
>own.

I have to agree. He saved face by leaving this farce of a show. I am still lmao on the whole Fabio thing!!!!

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
And who wants to win a shallow girl anyway?

Ahhhhhhh, ME!

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-02-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

The message that "average" guys will take away from this show is that they can never "win" the girl.

I dunno. I think it more reinforces the idea that the "average" guy can't compete against an "above-average" guy for an "above average" gal.

It's like watching people in high school all over again.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
I think we are all missing the big picture folks. Larissa and even Melena should have been looking at the "bachelorette style" million dollar wedding deal. Who cares if they are in love or not, it's all about money, right? They are not going to get a major contract for a wedding with a Hunk. They should have picked the 'Best' looking AJ and sucked it up, and marry the guy.

No self respecting individual with an ounze of integrity would even bother walk onto the set...now is there an online application for AJ3 that I can fill out?

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: larissa is no "prize""
>I think the most discouraging thing
>about this show was that
>all the Average Joes were
>on the show to prove
>that "the average guy can
>get the girl." Of
>course, this statement assumes that
>the girl is worth getting,
>which in this case, she
>is clearly not.
>
>The message that "average" guys will
>take away from this show
>is that they can never
>"win" the girl. But
>they CAN win the girl
>-- just not a shallow
>girl. And who wants
>to win a shallow girl
>anyway? (And if only
>attractive ex-Miss-USA-contestants are worth "winning",
>then aren't the Average Joes
>just as shallow as Larissa
>herself?)
>

I tend to agree with most of this, but I'm an average guy and I don't think I can NEVER win the girl. If a guy has serious insecurity issues, he may watch Average Joe and never want to talk to a pretty girl for the rest of his life. Not all of us have these sorts of self-esteem issues. I definitely don't want to bother with someone if she's going to write me off because I'm short or whatever.

Larissa is definitely not a prize. She's hypocritical and I think very emotionally dishonest. She really let Brian believe he had a shot, maybe even convinced him she had the same feelings for him, and I think this is reprehensible.

I do think this show could work if they could find a beautiful girl who's open to dating average looking guys, as opposed to just springing the dorks on her without warning and then dangling hunks in front of her later. That would be the true fairy tale and I think a lot of people would enjoy watching a show knowing that the Average Joe WAS going to win, instead of MIGHT win. Just my $.02.

CarlosCruz 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CarlosCruz Click to send private message to CarlosCruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: larissa is no "prize"???"
She is hot, dumb and sahllow. She makes a perfect trophy. And it is the kind of girl the majority of Americans would like to date and parade around our friends.
Why is she so shallow? Because she can! The AJs were as shallow as her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •