URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 370
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"larissa is no "prize""

Posted by darien on 03-02-04 at 00:51 AM
I think the most discouraging thing about this show was that all the Average Joes were on the show to prove that "the average guy can get the girl." Of course, this statement assumes that the girl is worth getting, which in this case, she is clearly not.

The message that "average" guys will take away from this show is that they can never "win" the girl. But they CAN win the girl -- just not a shallow girl. And who wants to win a shallow girl anyway? (And if only attractive ex-Miss-USA-contestants are worth "winning", then aren't the Average Joes just as shallow as Larissa herself?)

Although I'm sure he didn't feel this way at the time, Brian is the obvious "winner" of the show. The other two just ended up looking ridiculous. I know that thousands of girls out there are probably dying to get in touch with Brian right now. (Does anyone know how?)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: larissa is no "prize""
Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 02:39 AM
Try boston.com

Posted by hunterjax on 03-02-04 at 12:21 PM
Is there an article about Brian in the Boston Globe? Can you give us the specific link? Please. I didn't see a link on boston.com to any AJ related article.

Posted by mmm_link on 03-02-04 at 08:10 AM
Shallow, attractive, and probably available. Anyone know how I can get into contact with Larissa?

Posted by Loree on 03-02-04 at 09:30 AM
I think Fredo was the winner. He left on his own.

Posted by libgirl2 on 03-02-04 at 09:54 AM
>I think Fredo was the winner.
> He left on his
>own.

I have to agree. He saved face by leaving this farce of a show. I am still lmao on the whole Fabio thing!!!!

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-02-04 at 09:39 AM
And who wants to win a shallow girl anyway?

Ahhhhhhh, ME!

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Posted by lyrker on 03-02-04 at 10:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

The message that "average" guys will take away from this show is that they can never "win" the girl.

I dunno. I think it more reinforces the idea that the "average" guy can't compete against an "above-average" guy for an "above average" gal.

It's like watching people in high school all over again.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Posted by mmm_link on 03-02-04 at 11:54 AM
I think we are all missing the big picture folks. Larissa and even Melena should have been looking at the "bachelorette style" million dollar wedding deal. Who cares if they are in love or not, it's all about money, right? They are not going to get a major contract for a wedding with a Hunk. They should have picked the 'Best' looking AJ and sucked it up, and marry the guy.

No self respecting individual with an ounze of integrity would even bother walk onto the set...now is there an online application for AJ3 that I can fill out?

Posted by Reeflex7 on 03-02-04 at 12:36 PM
>I think the most discouraging thing
>about this show was that
>all the Average Joes were
>on the show to prove
>that "the average guy can
>get the girl." Of
>course, this statement assumes that
>the girl is worth getting,
>which in this case, she
>is clearly not.
>
>The message that "average" guys will
>take away from this show
>is that they can never
>"win" the girl. But
>they CAN win the girl
>-- just not a shallow
>girl. And who wants
>to win a shallow girl
>anyway? (And if only
>attractive ex-Miss-USA-contestants are worth "winning",
>then aren't the Average Joes
>just as shallow as Larissa
>herself?)
>

I tend to agree with most of this, but I'm an average guy and I don't think I can NEVER win the girl. If a guy has serious insecurity issues, he may watch Average Joe and never want to talk to a pretty girl for the rest of his life. Not all of us have these sorts of self-esteem issues. I definitely don't want to bother with someone if she's going to write me off because I'm short or whatever.

Larissa is definitely not a prize. She's hypocritical and I think very emotionally dishonest. She really let Brian believe he had a shot, maybe even convinced him she had the same feelings for him, and I think this is reprehensible.

I do think this show could work if they could find a beautiful girl who's open to dating average looking guys, as opposed to just springing the dorks on her without warning and then dangling hunks in front of her later. That would be the true fairy tale and I think a lot of people would enjoy watching a show knowing that the Average Joe WAS going to win, instead of MIGHT win. Just my $.02.

"RE: larissa is no "prize"???"
Posted by CarlosCruz on 03-02-04 at 12:53 PM
She is hot, dumb and sahllow. She makes a perfect trophy. And it is the kind of girl the majority of Americans would like to date and parade around our friends.
Why is she so shallow? Because she can! The AJs were as shallow as her.