The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NBC Abducted"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

KSpills 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-01-04, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KSpills Click to send private message to KSpills Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NBC Abducted"
NBC is taken over by hillariously funny aliens who decide to shoot their own parody ending of Average Joe. The public is baffled, nbc ruined, and Fabio... reaping all the benefits.

What in the world??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NBC Abducted Reeflex7 03-01-04 1
   RE: NBC Abducted ToadMagnet 03-01-04 2
 Something about Mary mavsfan 03-02-04 3
   RE: Something about Mary darien 03-02-04 4
       RE: Something about Mary ohiomobprincess 03-02-04 5
 RE: NBC Abducted mookiemeister 03-02-04 6
   RE: NBC Abducted KSpills 03-02-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-01-04, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NBC Abducted"
My sentiments exactly LOL

It was like a bad student movie or something. Or like for some reason, NBC didn't like the original ending so they came up with something asinine at the last minute and slapped it on, no matter how stupid it was.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ToadMagnet 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ToadMagnet Click to send private message to ToadMagnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NBC Abducted"
Reeflex, you may be right! Maybe that was Gil's first acting job, pretending to be upset about Fabio in order to break up with Larissa.

Producer: Uh, Gil ... you have to be upset that Larissa dated Fabio.

Gil: Who?

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Something about Mary"
When Larissa said her old boyfriend was Fabio, it made me think of the ending of "Something about Mary" where all of a sudden Brett Favre walked in.

I was thinking Where did that come from?

And then Gil's reaction was unbelievable.

I just don't think the Average Joe producers wanted to have the AJ lose out to a Jock TWICE now, just to have the girl and Jock split inside of a week.

If the girl and jock were still toghether fine. Maybe viewers would be ok with the jock getting the girl if it was "TRUE LOVE", but I'm not interested in watching these shows anymore if the Average guy CAN'T win.

darien 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darien Click to send private message to darien Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Something about Mary"

>but I'm not interested in
>watching these shows anymore if
>the Average guy CAN'T win.

How could the Average Joes possibly win when they were being forced to participate in sports and fitness contests against brainless gym rats all the time? What did NBC expect? Why couldn't they have had contests covering a wide range of talents, like cook-offs, painting contests, chess tournaments, etc? Instead they were literally sent back to high school to play dodge-ball. NBC didn't set out to prove that Average Joes can win. It set out to humiliate and degrade these guys.

ohiomobprincess 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohiomobprincess Click to send private message to ohiomobprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Something about Mary"
I'm done with wasting my time on these "dating" reality shows. It's all so fake and poorly edited. I'm thankful to NBC for showing me just how much time and energy I have been wasting on TV.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-02-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NBC Abducted"
So what's the point of the first 2 average joes shows where both joes lost their dream girl to the jocks at the end? I think the show is trying to say that joes need to take initiative. If the joes just let the pretty girl decide if she want to date him, he will never get her. He need to be the one who makes the decision. So with Average Joe : Adam's Return, I think we will finally see that. By letting the average joe have the decision power, he will finally get the pretty girl of his choice.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

KSpills 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KSpills Click to send private message to KSpills Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NBC Abducted"
Ok, I am also confused as to the point of the show. If they call it average joe, and approach it as if the "average joes" are the heroes, then why do they continue losing and being humiliated?
However, in my opinion these guys are not average joes! Come on, do you all remember Fuk? Now that is someone I don't usually see on a daily basis. Even Brian W., fits into this category. Sure he was a nice guy, but wasn't he a bit off? He was professing his love for a girl whom he barely knows just because she's the first one to ever pay him attention. Also, doesn't anyone think that these guys are a bit shallow to absolutely "fall in love" with a "pretty" girl just because she is "out of their league?"

Maybe I am the only one who is thinking this way. But for all of those who are so disappointed in the outcome and are trying to discover NBC's true motives, I have the answer... RATINGS!!! NBC is out to maximize their profits. These shows are made to be the most outlandish and entertaining as possible. The cast members are completely aware that they will be at the mercy of the editors on national television.

I love reality tv and get the biggest kicks from it. I am only too happy that people want to be on these shows because I know that I never would.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •