URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 361
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"NBC Abducted"

Posted by KSpills on 03-01-04 at 11:08 PM
NBC is taken over by hillariously funny aliens who decide to shoot their own parody ending of Average Joe. The public is baffled, nbc ruined, and Fabio... reaping all the benefits.

What in the world??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: NBC Abducted"
Posted by Reeflex7 on 03-01-04 at 11:46 PM
My sentiments exactly LOL

It was like a bad student movie or something. Or like for some reason, NBC didn't like the original ending so they came up with something asinine at the last minute and slapped it on, no matter how stupid it was.

Posted by ToadMagnet on 03-01-04 at 11:50 PM
Reeflex, you may be right! Maybe that was Gil's first acting job, pretending to be upset about Fabio in order to break up with Larissa.

Producer: Uh, Gil ... you have to be upset that Larissa dated Fabio.

Gil: Who?

"Something about Mary"
Posted by mavsfan on 03-02-04 at 00:50 AM
When Larissa said her old boyfriend was Fabio, it made me think of the ending of "Something about Mary" where all of a sudden Brett Favre walked in.

I was thinking Where did that come from?

And then Gil's reaction was unbelievable.

I just don't think the Average Joe producers wanted to have the AJ lose out to a Jock TWICE now, just to have the girl and Jock split inside of a week.

If the girl and jock were still toghether fine. Maybe viewers would be ok with the jock getting the girl if it was "TRUE LOVE", but I'm not interested in watching these shows anymore if the Average guy CAN'T win.

"RE: Something about Mary"
Posted by darien on 03-02-04 at 00:58 AM

>but I'm not interested in
>watching these shows anymore if
>the Average guy CAN'T win.

How could the Average Joes possibly win when they were being forced to participate in sports and fitness contests against brainless gym rats all the time? What did NBC expect? Why couldn't they have had contests covering a wide range of talents, like cook-offs, painting contests, chess tournaments, etc? Instead they were literally sent back to high school to play dodge-ball. NBC didn't set out to prove that Average Joes can win. It set out to humiliate and degrade these guys.

"RE: Something about Mary"
Posted by ohiomobprincess on 03-02-04 at 09:30 AM
I'm done with wasting my time on these "dating" reality shows. It's all so fake and poorly edited. I'm thankful to NBC for showing me just how much time and energy I have been wasting on TV.

Posted by mookiemeister on 03-02-04 at 09:38 AM
So what's the point of the first 2 average joes shows where both joes lost their dream girl to the jocks at the end? I think the show is trying to say that joes need to take initiative. If the joes just let the pretty girl decide if she want to date him, he will never get her. He need to be the one who makes the decision. So with Average Joe : Adam's Return, I think we will finally see that. By letting the average joe have the decision power, he will finally get the pretty girl of his choice.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Posted by KSpills on 03-02-04 at 10:34 AM
Ok, I am also confused as to the point of the show. If they call it average joe, and approach it as if the "average joes" are the heroes, then why do they continue losing and being humiliated?
However, in my opinion these guys are not average joes! Come on, do you all remember Fuk? Now that is someone I don't usually see on a daily basis. Even Brian W., fits into this category. Sure he was a nice guy, but wasn't he a bit off? He was professing his love for a girl whom he barely knows just because she's the first one to ever pay him attention. Also, doesn't anyone think that these guys are a bit shallow to absolutely "fall in love" with a "pretty" girl just because she is "out of their league?"

Maybe I am the only one who is thinking this way. But for all of those who are so disappointed in the outcome and are trying to discover NBC's true motives, I have the answer... RATINGS!!! NBC is out to maximize their profits. These shows are made to be the most outlandish and entertaining as possible. The cast members are completely aware that they will be at the mercy of the editors on national television.

I love reality tv and get the biggest kicks from it. I am only too happy that people want to be on these shows because I know that I never would.