The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-30-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
I really like this one and I think she does have artistic talent. I wish her luck. She uses the name Christinastartedover on ebay if you want to find it. I also found her page on myspace and she updated it and she looks fabulous!

Can you tell I am a Christina fan???????

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... maryellennaco 07-01-06 1
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-01-06 2
       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... kodak 07-01-06 3
           Christina's latest painting is "Inv... Incognito 07-01-06 4
               RE: Christina's latest painting is ... Maggie26 07-05-06 31
                   RE: Christina's latest painting is ... kodak 07-06-06 32
                       RE: Christina's latest painting is ... Maggie26 07-06-06 33
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-01-06 5
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... maryellennaco 07-01-06 6
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-02-06 7
       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-02-06 8
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... JustBNMe 07-02-06 9
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... kodak 07-02-06 10
       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... alaholly 07-02-06 11
           RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-02-06 12
               RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 13
                   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... Toushay 07-03-06 14
                       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 19
                           RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... Toushay 07-03-06 21
                               RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 23
                                   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-04-06 29
                           RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... sunshinedrop 07-07-06 34
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... JustBNMe 07-03-06 15
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... kodak 07-03-06 17
       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-04-06 30
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 20
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... Labyrinth 07-03-06 16
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... staceeturner 07-03-06 18
       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... techstyle 07-03-06 22
           RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 24
 RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... DedeV 07-04-06 25
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... talker67 07-04-06 26
   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... BlingBlong 07-04-06 27
       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... DedeV 07-04-06 28
           RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... ltlfighter 07-15-06 35
               RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... sharnina 07-15-06 36
                   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... tinaeve 07-16-06 37
                       RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... sharnina 07-16-06 38
                   RE: Christina's Latest painting on ... ltlfighter 07-16-06 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-01-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Whoopsie, there she goes!!! All the DAW's seem to try to connect themselves to Starting Over while on e-bay. Just another lame attempt at staving off that 15 minutes of fame clock, IMHO.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-01-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
A lot of people here said that but ebay is fun and I like seeing what she is doing after the show is over. She really does have artistic ability too. I don't mind even if it is an effort to extend that 15 minutes of fame. Why not? It seems harmless to me. I just like her too, so to me it is a good thing.

kodak 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-01-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kodak Click to send private message to kodak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Ebay is harmless fun, but Christina seems to think that she can keep this up... no Joe Shmo would make that kind of money for that painting EVER!

Christina is still young, she is a mom....she should be going to school, and getting a degree to guarentee her job security. The paintings and junk she is selling will not last long. By this time next year she will be LONG forgotten and her "so called" fans will have moved on also. She is not very bright when it comes to securing her future for the benifit of not only her but a son.

She hasn't started over in my book at all! She is a loser! thinking she can forever live off "trying to be a celebrity" which she isn't and never will be! JMO

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

07-01-06, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Christina's latest painting is "Invalid""
Hmmm, don't know what to make of this. The description and link to the auction is still on her myspace, but this is what comes up when you click on the auction.

http://tinyurl.com/k3suo

Incognito

Maggie26 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maggie26 Click to send private message to Maggie26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Christina's latest painting is "Invalid""
Hi,
If you are registered as an Ebay member (or if you know someone who is) you can do a "Completed Item Search" for christinastartedover.
This painting ended (at over $100) sometime around the last week in June so it will still display.
Even taking subjectivity into account, I thought that the closing price was astronomical.....

07-06-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kodak Click to send private message to kodak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Christina's latest painting is "Invalid""
>Hi,
>If you are registered as an
>Ebay member (or if you
>know someone who is) you
>can do a "Completed
>Item Search" for christinastartedover.
>This painting ended (at over $100)
>sometime around the last week
>in June so it will
>still display.
>Even taking subjectivity into account, I
>thought that the closing price
>was astronomical.....

Maggie, your looking at her FIRST painting that sold for 102 on June 26th.

Incognito and this whole section is talking about her 2nd painting that WAS removed from ebay.

Maggie26 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maggie26 Click to send private message to Maggie26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Christina's latest painting is "Invalid""
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

"Maggie, You're looking...."

Sorry, my mistake, but if the second painting was anything like the first....

Also, her newest painting is not the worst thing that I have ever seen, but it does look like something that a 12th-grader would create.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-01-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
>I really like this one and
>I think she does have
>artistic talent. I wish
>her luck.

Ummmm....OK, well, we all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder---sooo, I won't begrudge the fact that you like Christina's work. (She's lucky to have you on board! imho) That does NOT mean that Christina has "artistic talent" In fact, one of my FAVORITE moments on SO was when Chris-the-Aussie noticed Christina's "art" and asked if her SON made the picture! Chris-the-Aussie was right on the mark. The art store owner telling Christina that her work was too "crafty" for them to sell was a polite euphemism for "that *art* looks like it came from a kit." It was really Baaaaad. Now, if you want that hanging on your wall? You're entitled to buy it. Enjoy it. Please. As for me? I am not going so far as to say Christina is "talented." She, well, as politely as I can put it----isn't.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Well, I must agree with Incognito.... We all have our own tastes as far as "art" goes, so she's at least doing something "original" and not just schlepping off craptastic stuff like some of the other houseguests.... JMHO.

07-02-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
>Well, I must agree with Incognito....
>We all have our own
>tastes as far as "art"
>goes, so she's at least
>doing something "original" and not
>just schlepping off craptastic stuff
>like some of the other
>houseguests.... JMHO.

I also said that people are entitled to their own opinions of what they consider "art." I never begrudged that point. I'm with ya there. However, in terms of MY taste? I don't see Christina's "art" as any less "craptastic" than the other stuff that she or anyone else from SO is schlepping on e-bay. It looks less than amateurish to me. (And, yes, my background is in art.)

If you like it, and want to buy it. That's good for both you and Christina. I, personally, wouldn't buy it. I don't think it's even close to "good." imho.

I wish these ladies from SO would get a regular job to support themselves and go forth and try to make an artistic living. I am not saying she couldn't improve, but she's got a lot of work to do!

07-02-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Yes art is definitely subjective. I don't have a background in art but I think the painting is really interesting. I did read Christina has a job working in her father's store and is not trying to support herself selling art. I think it is great that she is exploring ways to express herself, and has goals for the future. I don't know what the employment opportunities are in her area, but perhaps working in her father's business will give her some challenging opportunities.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-02-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
I don't find any talent in her "art" at all. Had to laugh that she had to explain the painting in the hopes someone would buy it. She has what appears to be her friends bidding on it and even outbidding themselves <idiots> in the hopes of running up the cost. I have never found her talented in anything that I have seen her try to do other than some of her attempts to be a scam artist. She needs to get her head out of her butt and get a real job and make something of herself. Her artistic <cough cough> abilities aren't going to get her anywhere in life. For those who like her "art" I am not insulting you I just don't see it as valuable or anything I would even put near our doghouse outside.

07-02-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Your absolutely right JustBNMe, if you have to "explain" your painting to people, than that isn't good art. And she would NOT be making this kind of money if she wasn't on SO. She only makes this kind of money, because she has "fans" who bid on them.

Prior to being on SO if she sold that crap, she would be lucky if she got anything from 0-20 bucks for that. She is getting "sympathy" bids because people feel sorry for her and her son. Or they just want something that she "touched" thinking she is some big time celebrity. She is a ex hooker who went on a "reality" show. SHe is no "actor" from a real tv show or movies.

If she had any "smarts" at all, she would be taking courses in class or the internet to get a degree or a skill ... while she is working at her dad's. These fans of hers will be moving on to "other" reality shows like BB7 and so on. This kind of $$$ will go away pretty soon. It will not last. Look at Christie's new item on ebay. SHe had only her 2 friends bid on it...no fans bidding.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-02-06, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Again...to each their own. I thought the painting was really awful and was surprised that she was trying to sell it at all.

I do have a background in art and her work is VERY amateurish at best. Her "art" looks like that of a very beginning student who has yet to master basic concepts like design, color, composition, perpsective and proportion.

I don't fault her for trying. Everyone has to start somewhere. But if she is seriously interested in pursuing a "career" in art she needs to enroll in school or at least some classes in the basics.

07-02-06, 11:40 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Everyone describes their item on Ebay. I think her latest painting is interesing and shows that she has talent. Artists develop over time and she is off to a great beginning. She is working and having a great time. She started over as far as I am concerned, even though I don't think the show helped her very much.

07-03-06, 02:37 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
> I think her latest
>painting is interesing and shows
>that she has talent.

Again, this is subjective. We disagree vehemently on this point. It shows me that Christina thinks that she is able to create art without any understanding of technique, perspective, composition or color.

>Artists develop over time

Yes, true. Christina is Nowhere NEAR selling her "art." Maybe with more time and a LOT more practice? --

and
>she is off to a
>great beginning.

Hmmmm...A good measuring stick: If Christina's painting was not for sale on e-bay, but it was hanging with a price tag in a gallery, what would you pay for it? In your opinion, what would be charging too much for her painting? Since you like Christina's work, have you put in a bid to buy it? If not, why not?

For me? I would pay $0 and think it was a joke that it was included in the collection. That's an important difference for someone to know if they want to make a LIVING as an artist. What is my work WORTH?

If other artists tell you that you aren't ready to sell? Fine. Don't give up painting. Just paint as birthday presents for your family. Paint as a hobby, because it makes you feel good. Take classes. Something. Just don't expect to put a brush to canvas one day, call it art, and make a living from it. The art world just doesn't work that way.

I still stand by the fact that Christina turned to art, and selling her "art" because she saw this as easier than working at a regular, full time job. It isn't. It's harder. If she wanted to "Drop the Hustle" marketing art isn't how to do that! Working 9-5 all week is the way to go. For now.

I do think the two are very much connected, and not off-topic. There are plenty of people out there who are calling themselves something they aren't, and I'm guessing their bank accounts are reflecting this reality.

If Christina isn't broke by now? Paint me confused.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-03-06, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-06 AT 03:23 AM (EST)

I have no problem with anyone selling anything they want on eBay and that includes all the starting over women. It has absolutely nothing to do with me! It's an easy outlet for anyone who has something to sell. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I'm not interested in something or someone I don't bother looking at their stuff! Nor will I critique it or a buyer...just because I don't want it doesn't mean someone else is wrong to value it. If they like it, they like it! That doesn't mean they have to buy it. Or want to buy it. Or even think about buying it.

The comment "able to create art without any understanding of technique, perspective, composition or color" only makes me remember the artwork that has sold for thousands of dollars that is "created" by apes and elephants! Hmmm...lots of understanding there....and on the part of the buyers!

All kinds of crap has sold deemed to be "art" by some "learned" critic. Same with "inventive" music!

Christina is working at a job; she is selling off some childhood stuff and some of her "art". So what?! She's learning while she does it, and who knows, maybe someday she will make more than a few dollars at it. I certainly don't know what her life is like now, what she does, how much money she has, and I would never try to tell her how to run her life any more than I would want someone critiquing my life, as my life is extremely unusual and does not fit most people's idea of the "norm". So what?! That's my life, my business.

One person says her painting is great, another says it is not. So what?! Different strokes for different folks. Writing, painting, music creation...it's all over the place and very hard to wrench a living out of. But doing these crafts, the attempts at music, the dreams of being a writer....they satisfy a place in one's soul, a place where dreams live, and where life is everything you wish it were. Some few break through and do well, but most remain in the hobbyist realm. So what?! Let them live, let them breathe, let them dream. Their life is their reality.

That's where some things they learned at SO may come in handy, to differentiate between what is real (authentic) and what is some one else's idea of real. What is one's own is what is real. What someone else may think about one's life is over in that other person's reality world and has nothing to do with one's own life. It doesn't matter what someone else thinks about your life because they are not you and never will be. So what they think has no meaning to you. If they see a problem, it's in their own eye.

07-03-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
>LAST EDITED ON 07-03-06
>AT 03:23 AM (EST)

>
>I have no problem with anyone
>selling anything they want on
>eBay and that includes all
>the starting over women.
>It has absolutely nothing to
>do with me!

Sure it does. You are a potential "buyer."

It's an
>easy outlet for anyone who
>has something to sell.
>And beauty is in the
>eye of the beholder.
>If I'm not interested in
>something or someone I don't
>bother looking at their stuff!
> Nor will I critique
>it or a buyer...just because
>I don't want it doesn't
>mean someone else is wrong
>to value it. If
>they like it, they like
>it! That doesn't mean
>they have to buy it.
> Or want to buy
>it. Or even think
>about buying it.

Except, it is for sale. That's the point.
>
>The comment "able to create art
>without any understanding of technique,
>perspective, composition or color" only
>makes me remember the artwork
>that has sold for thousands
>of dollars that is "created"
>by apes and elephants!

I wouldn't buy that, either.

>Hmmm...lots of understanding there....and on
>the part of the buyers!

I don't expect apes and elephants to understand that they need to support themselves in a practical manner while learning how to be artists. Somebody is already feeding them. They can both eat for free and paint all day long. That's part of my point, too. >
>
>All kinds of crap has sold
>deemed to be "art" by
>some "learned" critic. Same
>with "inventive" music!

It does amaze me what people do with their money.
>
>Christina is working at a job;
>she is selling off some
>childhood stuff and some of
>her "art". So what?!

True, that is entrepreneurship. However, Christina will not survive on selling off her belongings and her "art" nor will she sufficiently support her son on these earnings. For someone who had a goal of "Drop the Hustle" would it kill Christina to find a regular job with health benefits and a 401K plan to SEE what THAT feels like? If she was willing to put the time in behind a desk, or some other regular job, I might support her artistic endeavors. Definitely would be more likely than I am NOW. Since Christina is still "hustling" (because she doesn't WANT to have steady work imho) I will *not* support her "art" and I think anyone who does is helping Christina NOT "Start Over." That's what.

> She's learning while she
>does it, and who knows,
>maybe someday she will make
>more than a few dollars
>at it.

Someday maybe. Now? No.

I certainly
>don't know what her life
>is like now, what she
>does, how much money she
>has,

I have a good guess.

and I would never
>try to tell her how
>to run her life any
>more than I would want
>someone critiquing my life,

You did not put your life on a Reality TV show.

as
>my life is extremely unusual
>and does not fit most
>people's idea of the "norm".
> So what?! That's
>my life, my business.

Again, you are correct. However, again, you did not put your life on a Reality TV show. Christina did. Fair game.
>
Writing, painting, music creation...it's
>all over the place and
>very hard to wrench a
>living out of. But
>doing these crafts, the attempts
>at music, the dreams of
>being a writer....they satisfy a
>place in one's soul, a
>place where dreams live, and
>where life is everything you
>wish it were.

True. I am both a painter and a writer myself. However, I also am a mother and work as an EMT to eat, pay bills, etc.. My dream does not include poverty and homelessness. That doesn't mean that I do not believe in my talents. I do. I also understand finances. Since I haven't "made it" YET I understand the importance of being able to work a regular job (which isn't a usual job, either, but a necessary one) so that I can do things like go to a doctor or a dentist without all my savings going to paying obscenely high out of pocket expenses. Then again, I never claimed to be "Dropping the Hustle" either. True. Christina is no longer hooking or hustling chips. That's something I will give her credit for. Why is she so RESISTANT to finding regular WORK for awhile? (until she DOES "make it") Her attire for her job interview was abominable. She was told that (and acted surprised) She was late. Her speech was atrocious. Her resume was ridiculous. I see Christina's attempts at art being a way to AVOID having to fix anything about herself in order to be successful in a "real job." That's NOT "Starting Over."

Some
>few break through and do
>well, but most remain in
>the hobbyist realm. So
>what?! Let them live,
>let them breathe, let them
>dream. Their life is
>their reality.

Their reality is based on the good and bad choices they make in their lives. I am an artist, too. I do not believe Christina is making GOOD choices. I believe someone who cared about Christina would help her with interviewing skills, etc. and encourage her to WORK while she developed as an artist. Art supplies cost money, too. What will she do when she's out of money? How many belongings does she have to sell? What other kind of hustling might she do for art supplies, etc.?

Honestly? It's HARDER to be an entrepreneur in some ways than it is to work at a regular job. The difference? Entrepreneurs are accountable to themselves, their customers, and the IRS. Is Christina afraid of having a boss?
>
>That's where some things they learned
>at SO may come in
>handy, to differentiate between what
>is real (authentic) and what
>is some one else's idea
>of real.

Nobody is going to argue that money is both real and authentic when the rent is due, you go to the grocery store to buy food, and your kid is looking at colleges. That's my point. I want Christina not to struggle for those things. I want CHRISTINA to not want Christina to struggle for those things. I don't see that now.

What someone else
>may think about one's life
>is over in that other
>person's reality world and has
>nothing to do with one's
>own life.

I suppose that depends on what government assistance Christina will end up on based on her poor work choices. (I've been there, and learned that the HARD way.) I have no problem with Christina being an artist. She needs to be practical first. That's all.

It doesn't
>matter what someone else thinks
>about your life because they
>are not you and never
>will be.

Unless you are an entrepreneur. Then it absolutely matters what other people think of your product. They don't need to be YOU, or even Like *you* (Christina in this case) they need to like what you are selling. In this case? What I think matters, because I'm not buying what she's selling. That's business, not personal.

Again, the only real way that people can support Christina is to buy her stuff. That's what she wants, anyway. Not kudos. Not white light to the universe, whatever. She wants MONEY. That's it.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Seriously EMTBGRL, I think we are not that far apart! It appears that you even want good things for little Christina!

"Sure it does. You are a potential "buyer." " - Nope, just a looker. And I don't look at the zillions of things for sale on ebay to imagine whatever about the sellers. What someone sells there has nothing to do with me, unless I'm in that market to buy. Even then, those zillions of sellers mean nothing to me, just the one I might buy from. Will I get it? Will it be good?

"Except, it is for sale. That's the point." So what?! They can put up $hit for sale if they want! eBay is a free market with few restrictions.

On art? It's totally subjective, in the eye of the beholder.

"Since Christina is still "hustling" (because she doesn't WANT to have steady work imho) I will *not* support her "art" and I think anyone who does is helping Christina NOT "Start Over." That's what." This is a fact??? She said she works for her dad. Lots of people work in family business. That doesn't make it any less legitimate than working out for someone else's family business! Many family businesses also have 401Ks and other benefits.

On her income? "I have a good guess." Guess being the operative word here, your words.

On eBay...she's only selling a couple of things, not a ton like some others who ARE trying to make livings there. Not even like Christie, who opened an eBay store.

"Their reality is based on the good and bad choices they make in their lives." Yes, THEIR lives.

"I do not believe Christina is making GOOD choices." Not part of Christina's world, so it doesn't matter. Unless you try to enter her world to offer help, which she might appreciate.

"HARDER to be an entrepreneur" DEFINITELY! A person works their butt off to make their own business succeed. There's no regular paycheck to depend on, no benefits handed down, no unemployment insurance, etc. And you'll work two or three times as much and harder for yourself than for others.

"government assistance" is there for a reason, we all pay for it. Yes, some take advantage, but in the long run it is not a free ride. Who said Christina is on assistance? Are we to look down on people on government assistance? Disability? Workman's comp? Disasters?

"it absolutely matters what other people think of your product. ...they need to like what you are selling. In this case? What I think matters, because I'm not buying what she's selling. That's business, not personal." What you think matters only to you! Not everyone will agree. But you're free to say you hate it.

"the only real way that people can support Christina is to buy her stuff" - no one is going to support Christina by buying a $5 Barbie or $15 hat.

Many women have gone through very tough times, struggled with and without help, held down multiple jobs. Many of US have been there. It is nice to have been there and made it through in order that one may be able to offer constructive help and advice to others who are not as far along in life. That is a beautiful thing, and very rewarding.

Women can help women. Tough women can help other women. Women with scars can help other women. Women who remember what it was like can help other women. When you sit at the end of your life and look back, what will you remember that you said and did? (You = collective women as a group)

07-03-06, 11:48 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
>Seriously EMTBGRL, I think we are
>not that far apart!
>It appears that you even
>want good things for little
>Christina!
>
The truth about me? I want good things for everyone.

The welfare thread was locked. However, I posted a lot about my personal experiences in there. (Some peeps will remember, read and shared.) Therefore, no, I was not making snarky comments about people on assistance.

I did not know that Christina also worked for her father. There's nothing wrong with that. That puts a different light on some of this for me. One of the on-going themes in the SO and these threads are a lot of women's frustrations about the HG's being directed to live their dreams (which is fine and dandy) wihtout ANY direction in how to ground themselves, financially or otherwise.

For someone trying to make a living off of selling their wares on e-bay? It most DEFINITELY matters that you are a potential buyer, just like everyone else. Entrepreneurs are not interested in "lookers" if they want to stay in business. You said yourself that you look to see if it's good. That's potential buyer behavior.

Yes, I used the word "guess" to be polite. I am guessing that Christina is pretty darn close to bankrupt. At least, before I knew she worked for dad--I hope she's being smart about THAT money!

07-04-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
I did not get the impression Christina expected to make a living selling art when I read what she wrote on her myspace page. It's just for fun and expression. Like I said in an earlier post I thought she started over because she has a job in her father's store. I just mentioned the art because I liked it and I thought maybe some other people who liked her would like to see it on ebay. No where does she make any claims to be an artist. Grill cheese sandwhiches with toasted images have been sold on ebay too. It is not a gallery and I don't see any description of the painting suggesting it is an important work. For me it was fun to see what she was up to after the show has finished. Lots of people paint for a hobby and sell their work. It gives a person a feeling of accomplishment and it is nice to know that someone enjoys something you created.

As a side bar, I never saw her in a negative light because of her past. Many women are drawn into the adult entertainment business, make a lot of money, and change direction. It is not a big deal in my view. I'm glad she got out. It is a dangerous way to make a living and I'm happy for her. I'm a Christina fan. Can you tell?

sunshinedrop 31 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sunshinedrop Click to send private message to sunshinedrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
I think you may have missed the update that she is working in her dad's shop. Now what that means, I don't know, but it could very well mean that she is working a job that pays for her expenses and has benefits. She may just be doing the art as a hobby. I really don't see anything wrong with doing it as a hobby...I'm an ameture painter and I've thought about going to a local flea market to sell my paintings-not to make a living, just for some spending money. I agree that thinking you can make a living doing that is delusional-hence the term "starving artist", but just for some spending money...no big deal.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-03-06, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
OMG remember on the show when someone walked into the SOH and asked if Christina's son made the piece of "art" they saw? Forgot who it was but I was laughing so hard I spit my coffee out. She was so mad!

07-03-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
The person who said that about Christina's art was Lisa's date. And if I recall, he was an ARTIST!! LOL which pretty much says alot. He, an ARTIST, thought that a little kid did that art ... hahahaha

Christina is no artist, and she shouldn't claim to be one. She should take classes, and see what a "real" art teacher says about her art. Like I said before, if she hadn't been on SO and nobody knew her, and she put that painting on ebay ..... NOBODY would buy it .. or nobody would pay that kind of money for it, maybe $20 at the MOST! She is living in a dream world. She isn't just a normal 21 year old who has the time to find her passion, she has a son to support. Christina GO TO SCHOOL! OR GET A REAL JOB!

I'm glad that painting got pulled, because if she was "cheating" and having her friends hike up the bid ... shame on you, Christina. I see you learned alot about INTEGRITY from the SOH. No Integrity, means you never REALLY started over.

07-04-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"

>
>Christina is no artist, and she
>shouldn't claim to be one.
>She should take classes, and
>see what a "real" art
>teacher says about her art.
>

I posted this a few times, but she has a job in a store. The art is like any other ebay listing. As a fan of hers, I was happy to see something that she was doing in the present after the show.

07-03-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
>OMG remember on the show when
>someone walked into the SOH
>and asked if Christina's son
>made the piece of "art"
>they saw? Forgot who it
>was but I was laughing
>so hard I spit my
>coffee out. She was so
>mad!

Down in history as one of my all time FAVORITE Starting Over moments. I wish Christina had the maturity to say, "Wow! If he thought my son did this--maybe I should work on my professional wardrobe and get a job first, and work on this until I am ready to be an artist." but, no. I blame the LC's partly for that missed opportunity.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
I traveled the link and it says this is unavailable. I'm thinking it was pulled because of the fake bidding (ala Christie). But I'm not an ebay pro.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-03-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
The only thing that I have to say is, it is better than the things that Christie has been E-baying, and that is just MHO.

Sig by Sharnina

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
I too have my degrees and background in art, so do my brothers and many of our friends . All but one of these very talented people make their living in a design field. (a steady paycheck and benefits)and for this opportunity an education is needed. If someone can sell enough to keep themselves going with art supplies than that's good news. There is so much competition. There are probably thousands of rolled up paintings in peoples homes all across the country. It is NOT a put down to want someone to properly prepare themselves for a comfortable future more fun than ebaying. It is not a put down. It is advice. One class at a time.

07-03-06, 11:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
> I too have
>my degrees and background in
>art, so do my brothers
>and many of our friends
>. All but one
>of these very talented people
>make their living in a
>design field. (a steady paycheck
>and benefits)and for this opportunity
>an education is needed.

100% in agreement there!

If someone can sell enough to
>keep themselves going with
>art supplies than that's good
>news. There is
>so much competition.

Yep. That's for garsh darned sure!

There
>are probably thousands of rolled
>up paintings in peoples homes
>all across the country.
>It is NOT a put
>down to want someone to
>properly prepare themselves for a
>comfortable future more fun than
>ebaying. It is not a
>put down. It is
>advice. One class at a
>time.

Right. That's all I meant.

There's more to being a successful artist than art. There's the marketing, networking and selling, too. Not only would it benefit Christina to take art classes, it would also benefit Christina (or any other budding entrepreneur) to take business classes as well. Or, some training in financial management.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be both an artist and financially savvy. Thanks for noting that was not a put down (or "Death to the Dream.") You are correct, it was not a put down. I happen to think it was very sound advice. Thanks!

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-06, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
can someone explain to me this bidding history?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=9528200174

the same person bid 4 times and she was the only bidder...why would one bid against themselves?

talker67 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-04-06, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail talker67 Click to send private message to talker67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
She probably had a reserve on it. Like a minimum(sp) bid, before the bid is accepted. Hope that made sense.

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Lab explained it completely right here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID57/4754.shtml#23

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Thanks...that makes complete sense, but now I feel like an IDIOT LOL ;)

ltlfighter 173 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ltlfighter Click to send private message to ltlfighter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Would people have looked at the e-bay items even once if Christina hadn't used her "SO" tag... No, I don't think so.
Nobody would pay attention. She's only in it for the bucks she thinks she can make. She probably laugh's when she does sell her "art" & I use that term loosely, because it's just another hustle for her...

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-15-06, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-06 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

But she doesn't use her "SO tag." Nowhere in her descriptions does she mention that she was on the show. She simply describes the paintings.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

tinaeve 3 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinaeve Click to send private message to tinaeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
Can any one give me the link to Christina's myspace? I am a member but don't know how to find people on the site! Thanks

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-16-06, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
You can find her link in the Starting Over Links and Message Board thread that is in the SO General Discussion Forum.

Welcome to the forum! By the way - the reason I sent you to the General Discussion Forum is because the rules say that we only post links on the Links thread.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

ltlfighter 173 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ltlfighter Click to send private message to ltlfighter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Christina's Latest painting on ebay is great!"
As the person who started this new thread stated, she is selling her item's using "Christinastartedover". I stand by my previous post.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •