The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bethany"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

maizenblue 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-21-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maizenblue Click to send private message to maizenblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bethany"
I wish Bethany would have stayed on the show. Don't get me wrong, I can totally see why she would have wanted to be at home with her family. But I really liked her, and I hope that maybe one day she will try again, so she will be able to heal.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bethany maryellennaco 05-21-06 1
 RE: Bethany Ujena 05-22-06 2
 RE: Bethany geminirose 05-22-06 3
   RE: Bethany C_Mar 05-22-06 4
 RE: Bethany eire_heart74 05-23-06 5
   RE: Bethany slickeronstate 05-23-06 6
       RE: Bethany pmfmpls 05-23-06 7
       RE: Bethany C_Mar 05-23-06 8
           RE: Bethany Katie1985 05-23-06 9
               RE: Bethany ydiversdown 05-25-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-21-06, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bethany"
Let's hope that she finds someone with REAL creditials like Dr. Stan, in her own hometown, and with whom she can manage to get through her terrible loss. She's gonna need somebody LONG TERM.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-22-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bethany"
I personally am shocked she even considered it. With that said, I didn't really know what I needed when my sister died in a tragic car accident. She was 14 years old and was riding on the front hood of a car and slipped off and was run over. I thought I had to be strong to show that I had great faih. What a mistake that was.

When Brethany told her story, I was shocked because I thought it was way too soon for her to try and function in a home with others dealing with their own issues and then to have to keep up with the chores and the every day living inn the home. She has so much crying and alone time before she is ever ready for SO. Honestly, if she is ever interested in returning to the SO, that would probably 5 year away. IMHO

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-22-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bethany"
I'm glad Bethany decided to leave. The way the house is being run right now with everyone being forced to participate in planning the 5k--or graduating without accomplishing anything-- would have taken away from Bethany's healing process and would not have been beneficial to her at all. Maybe she recognized SO for what it has become (a house full of women and life coaches who value 15 minutes of fame rather than receiving or giving real help). Her problems were too real for the house.

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Mar Click to send private message to C_Mar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bethany"
I'm glad she left. I was so sick of hearing her sigh all of the time.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-23-06, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bethany"
I hope she continues with some sort of private therapy. I think the idea of SO was a great distractor for her but she quickly realized how she would have no privacy, her movements would be restricted and she would be confronted daily with drama that she so didn't need to be around. (ie Kim's laundry issues, Jodi's diet issues, Christie always being Pissed off)

I often wonder if she had signed on for other reasons. Considering how far ahead castings are done. Maybe the whole issue with the father not having anything to do with her kid and the termination of rights. ANd then tragically it became what it did.

As a mother who is so in love with her son that it hurts, I can't even wrap my head around her pain. I truely feel for her and wish her well.

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-23-06, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bethany"
While it must be tragic to lose a child - I think her biggest issue was her own guilt at not having placed the child in a secure manner with a safety belt.

She seemed to be cusping on the "munchausen syndrome" - the need to mourn her loss constantly without taking any responsibility for her own blame in driving irresponsibly.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bethany"
Yikes!! She does NOT exhibit ANY Munchausen Syndrome behaviors, unless you believe she intentionally CAUSED her daughter's death in order to get attention.

I think she accepted responsibility (blame) for most of the incident. If I remember right, her driving performance was not the problem. Wasn't it the other driver? An older man who hit them?

Please be careful when attributing mental health disorders! Most are VERY difficult to diagnose, and professionals have rigorous standards to meet when doing so. The best information to spread is accurate information.

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Mar Click to send private message to C_Mar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bethany"
I don't think Bethany has munchausen's but I do have to question her judgement. She didn't have her own daughter belted in which raises red flags.

Katie1985 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Katie1985 Click to send private message to Katie1985 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bethany"
I agree with most of you that it was not time for Bethany to be in the SOH. She needed time at home to mourn the loss and get real professional help. IMO, the SOH is not a place to mourn, but a place to achieve goals-once you are stable enough to lay the goals out on the table. In Bethanys case-there was no way to know what would help her, if anything but time.

I felt such compassion for Bethany. I could not imagine being able to get out of bed each day after something so devasating. I hope she finds help in her own community.

ydiversdown 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ydiversdown Click to send private message to ydiversdown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bethany"
I have missed some shows, is Bethany the same girl who was in the house with amnesia? Will someone fill me in. Thanks

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •